Unpopular opinions

• Senior Staff
5 hours ago, Sunstone said:

Unpopular opinion: I can't stand King of the Hill.

Never even really watched it. Seen enough to know I don't really care about watching more, though.

4 hours ago, ArdillaVerde93 said:

I think DLC is actually a wonderful thing, and a great way to keep older games relevant. I'll gladly pay a few bucks for new characters or features.

I think it depends on what you're paying, for what kind of content. For example: if they released a half finished game at full price, then charged you full price again for the rest of the game as DLC, that would be unacceptable to me. But if it's quite a cheap game (and/or cheap DLC), and it's a good game,  I don't mind getting DLC to (further) support the developer.

Brand names (big name brands) don't automatically make things good (or better) in any context, and simply serve to increase the price of goods. Example: "It doesn't matter what name/logo is on your trainers(/sneakers). They're ugly, and you paid too much for them..."

• Community Administrator

Geez. Thing is, most of my opinions were once unpopular, are becoming more popular. So I have to really think on this one. But thanks to talking to SMFoxy, he made me realise I have one opinion that is definitely unpopular. But, I'm in complete agreement with Wolfie here.

Star Wars Sucks... In my opinion. I much prefer Star Trekking across the Universe.

• Senior Staff
1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

For an unpopular opinion topic, this topic has a lot of likes. 1f604.png

LOL.

Okay, I need to contribute to the topic somehow...so...hmm...

Personally I think that the assumption that retail price = total cost of production is an invalid one. In a related note, price does not equal quality.

• Senior Staff
25 minutes ago, Manni said:

Personally I think that the assumption that retail price = total cost of production is an invalid one. In a related note, price does not equal quality.

Perfectly accurate. Parts, labour, tax. On top of this, I often find that cheap (ex: Store/Budget Brands) are just as good, and in some cases better, than name brands. Not all the time, of course; nothing quite beats a glass of real (but unspecified) name brand cola... 🙃

Voting third party is not throwing your vote away. 

And voting should be mandatory and anyone who doesn't vote who is eligible should be fined.  They can vote for Homer Simpson or Pinkie Pie for all I care, but they should have to vote or be fined like they do in some other countries.  And if you don't vote, you shouldn't complain about politics.

35 minutes ago, Pursewarden said:

Voting third party is not throwing your vote away. 

I've...done this before! xD 

35 minutes ago, Pursewarden said:

And if you don't vote, you shouldn't complain about politics.

And I feel the same way about this too! (I just about never talk about politics anyways...)

Ahem,

Unpopular opinion: I can't stand cheeseballs, or cheetos, or cheese puffs, ...whatever
these things are! >:( They taste horrible for me, and I don't think I've ever known anyone else to not like them...

Edited by Sunstone

4 minutes ago, Sunstone said:

I've...done this before! xD 

And I feel the same way about this too! (I just about never talk about politics anyways...)

Ahem,

Unpopular opinion: I can't stand cheeseballs, or cheetos, or cheese puffs, ...whatever
these things are! >:( They taste horrible for me, and I don't think I've ever known anyone else to not like them...

Ugh, and Smartfood is the worst!  It looks like normal popcorn, but then you grab and handful and stuff it into your mouth and *Blech* fake cheese powder.  Why would you do this to corn?  What has that corn ever done to you?

My solution, if you make your own air-popped pop corn drizzle a bunch of butter on it and then top it with some cinnamon and sugar.  Best. Popcorn. Ever.  You'll wonder why you've been eating it with salt all these years.

Unpopular opinion: crows/ravens are really cute and funny birds. Unfortunately, most people I know of tend to shoo them away and think of them as nothing but pests. I get a lot of them around my street, and yes they can be noisy sometimes, but it is nice to see them on our front yard looking for food. 

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, Sunstone said:

Unpopular opinion: crows/ravens are really cute and funny birds. Unfortunately, most people I know of tend to shoo them away and think of them as nothing but pests. I get a lot of them around my street, and yes they can be noisy sometimes, but it is nice to see them on our front yard looking for food. 

Agreed!

Unpopular Opinion: Spiders. Are cute.

• 2 weeks later...

I think boy bands get too much hate. When you think about it, a lot of super popular bands are, by definition, boy bands. A good example is one of my favourite bands, Bon Jovi. All of their members are male. What, besides popularity, separates them from, say, The New Kids On The Block? Both bands are still active, after all.

• 4 weeks later...

I prefer Skype over Discord. The reasons as to why that is are kind of deep-rooted. I have had experience with both applications, and although Discord requires minimal Memory and CPU usage and it handles file-sharing quite smoothly in comparison to Skype, ...I still prefer Skype. Mostly because of sentimental value; lots of memories I have with communicating with friends through that platform. Bear in mind, that I have been on Skype for 4 years, while I've only known of Discord for 6 months. xD

• 4 weeks later...
  • Senior Staff
On 2017-3-31 at 5:18 AM, ArdillaVerde93 said:

I think boy bands get too much hate. When you think about it, a lot of super popular bands are, by definition, boy bands. A good example is one of my favourite bands, Bon Jovi. All of their members are male. What, besides popularity, separates them from, say, The New Kids On The Block? Both bands are still active, after all.

I don't know, maybe whether they actually write their own songs or play their own instruments?!

Okay, here is a few unpopular opinions:

1. Free Speech is only such when it agrees with what I (and the majority of people, who inevitably think like me JUST BECAUSE)WANT. Otherwise, it is just POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!

2. Political correctness is nothing more than just one side saying 'That's against RULE No. 1234' when Rule No. 1234 does not exist or is not held by anyone.

3. When I make a mistake/screw up, it's circumstances fault but when others do the same thing, it's because they suck innately.

• 5 months later...

Let's see if we can revive this thread. 

Unpopular opinion (and a mini-rant): I don't like the idea of setting up Christmas decorations and stuff BEFORE December. It seems these days everyone loves to put up the decorations as quick as they can just to cash-in on the holiday craze. I feel like it ruins the seasonal tradition, or at least, the seasonal tradition I used to have growing up...

Nowadays I see the decorations go up as early as September. Seriously, it feels so forced and it bugs me. -_- </End of mini-rant>

Welcome to consumer holidays, @Sunstone, a hallmark capitalist tradition. It'll most likely just get earlier and earlier as companies try to make more and more money of the holiday season.

I can't really thing of any normal unpopular opinions, but I do have quite a few gaming ones:

1. I actually like David Cage games. Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls. The whole shebang. People are always saying that they aren't games, that the plot sucks, ect, but I actually really enjoy them.

2. I think the Soulsborne series has gone DOWN in quality throughout the years. Demon Souls, my favorite, was the best lore and theme wise, with its story, lore, items, bosses, and more all working together to create a sum that is greater than its whole and then Dark Souls 1 was the best gameplay wise, but Dark Souls 2 and 3 and Bloodborne are all downgrades in quality.

• 1 month later...
  • Senior Staff

I have two semi-related potentially unpopular opinions...

1. "Female Protagonist" is one of the stupidest tags on Steam. I don't care if your protagonist is male, female, or a Goddamn goat...
    The quality of the game should be what speaks for the game, so the gender of the protagonist should be a moot point.
  2. Spoilers for Doctor Who follow? Except kinda not really?
    Spoiler

I have thus far been given no reason to hate the fact that the new Doctor is female. If it becomes a stupid huge deal that "lol im a gurl nao gaiz", then I might. But in the mean time, I'm willing to give Jodie Whittaker a fair chance... Sure, we're used to a male Doctor, but I'm fine with this... So far. We're also used to a white Doctor, and I'd have no problem with a black person taking over the role if they could be a Doctor. My biggest issue would be if they turned around and cast someone not British, actually...