What's the worst customer service you've ever had?

Thankfully, this doesn't happen too often for me (then again, I don't go out to many stores anyway.) ...but today I had the misfortune of visiting a store that is quite infamous for it's terrible customer service. I just wish I had've read the reviews online first...

It was a fancy dress store. Didn't even last five minutes; I was the only customer there (and from the looks of things, I was probably the only customer who had been there for the whole day), and almost immediately the woman at the counter snapped at me, speaking to me very arrogantly saying "You're not allowed to go past there." I asked if there's any silly wigs or accessories there, to which she went on a massive lecture about how her fancy dress store is a "Serious Business" and "Everything in here was crafted by me and if you're looking for something like that just go elsewhere."

She did say something else rude about the way I look, which I'm not very comfortable going into much detail about... but yeah just throwing that out there. Worst customer service I've ever had. And looking at the reviews online, I'm amazed this business is still running.

So... what are your worst customer service experiences? :/

• Community Administrator

The problem is here, despite the rudeness is that business owners should have the right to do or don't do business with anyone they please. The thing is though if they act like that to enough people they're going to cause more stress for themselves in the long run because people just won't do business there, after all you have the right to shop somewhere else, absolutely. This is not a sensible way of running business, even I know that. I'm not saying that I doubt this happened, because with my experiences with Customer Services for many companies I wouldn't be surprised if this was true; and I can believe it.

I don't often have good luck with Customer Services, at all, I can't single any single incident out because I've had some pretty horrendous ones and I'm not sure how long I'd spend complaining about it that it wouldn't look like whining, on my part.

I often get into arguments and shit with them, and they tend to fly off the handle and try to control me via false shaming. It's gotten to the point where I record all my calls, so I can complain, or bring it to the public's attention. It's why I try to provide good customer service here (Even though no one buys anything, because we don't sell anything) because I try to imagine myself in the other person's shoes. It's not easy though, some people are indeed assholes (Although thankfully no one here has been this way inclined, yet).

• Community Administrator

I had a pretty bad experience with one of my old energy companies... one that, at the time, I wasn't even a customer of. Keeping to non-specifics here, I once had a room mate that put my name down on the account, without my consent. They racked up a huge bill, and then ran off leaving me with the debt. I didn't even know about this until a couple of years later when a debt collecting company had purchased the debt, and started hounding me for the money. We had to go back and forth with this debt company, and the energy company... around and around and around... it was a nightmare. For one reason or another, one company couldn't talk to another, but had to get information from the other. We had to try and convince the energy supplier that I didn't consent to my name being on the account, and despite repeated assurances that I was removed, I kept getting the debt collecting letters. Then when I called up the energy supplier, I was back on the damn account. This happened several times until eventually it stopped. I haven't had a letter in a few years. Hopefully they found my room mate, who was responsible for the debt, and are bothering him for the debt unless they are at the point where they just don't care about it anymore. Either way, I'm glad that was over. Wolfie really helped me with that, and he was absolutely wonderful.

So that's my nightmare explained xD

I'm rather lucky with customer care, then again I do always try to start nice. However a few years back I had an persistand guy who clearly wasn't used to talking to anyone... he called (telemarketers are the bane of my childhood and the source of many laughs) but when I picked up I simply said "hello your speaking to mister insert last name". That was my first mistake, the guy thought he was talking to my dad, and he went off the rails about how he had deals and offers for beds, wardrobe and all kinds of stuff while I tried to explain I wasn't my dad. Then I snapped and told the guy slightly on edge at least, that I was not my dad, to which he flipped out, started shouting how I ruined his rating and wasted his time before he hung up with an amount of curses that only a few religious paths would consider passable... I never head from the company again...

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I was between jobs a fair time ago. I called O2 UK to enquire about their contract mobile phones.....to cut the long story short, I told them that I was only calling because I was looking at the iPhone 3GS at the time and enquired about it. they tried to get me on the most expensive package but I told them that I didn't currently have a job, as I left my previous job which.......okay wasn't a legit job, cash in hand male stripper deal for parties (didn't tell them that bit)......but I was getting one soon, and that I was looking for their cheapest tarrif for now with a possibility of upgrading later. I was then told that their phones were for people who had a job, and that I should get a job and stop spounging off the benefits system.............one problem...........I wasn't on welfare. ooops. I had a considerable amount of savings (around £50k, hence why I wasn't on benefits - your not allowed job seekers if you have that in your savings) and I told them I was actually maybe also looking at buying it outright but certainly not from them. I demanded to speak to his manager and he said "I highly doubt you were. and I'm ending this call because your wasting my time" and hung up. i've heard similar stories about O2 saying this to other people and now they can suck a dick, I'm not interested in them.

the job I was getting I got the next month and I've been working for that company ever since, and I've never touched O2 ever since either. I cancelled my O2 PAYG and went with their competition, T-Mobile who've been pretty damn good to me, just got a Samsung Galaxy S8 from them a few weeks ago, which by the way............this site looks amazing~~~ on!