Music Recommendations: Let's See What's Out There!

A bit of backstory behind me knowing this song: This was the first song that @PixelBoi ever shared with me. Because of this, I kind of think of this song as his "theme song" and I reckon that I will always associate it with him. It's a nice song and kinda catchy too. I've since branched out from this song and explored a lot more of Chad VanGaalen's discography, and a lot of his other songs are much to my liking! So... I have PixelBoi to thank for introducing me to him. ☺️💗 

Miss you old partner... hope I can see you again someday. You will always hold a special place in my heart... 
💖

• Community Administrator

I got sent a song by @Peculiarity which I liked. It was pretty decent. But then YouTube started recommending this stuff to me:

And this is pretty damn good too. It's kind of like Floppy Drive noises, meets metal, meets 8-Bit and electronic music. 

• Like 2
  • Woohoo 1

Poppy was that girl with the weird creepy cult-like videos on Youtube. Years later she drops this album and is touring with Deftones and Gojira. The metal is somewhat commercial, definitely not like the bands she's touring with, but I still oddly like it, the juxtaposition of metal and pop. Plus she oddly reminds me of myself. I recommend her new album only. She's an interesting kid blurring genre lines no doubt. I will die of happiness if I get tickets to that show this year.

Edited by floneko

• Community Administrator

One of my favourite bands (Ignea) has released an album recently and I am absolutely loving Jinnslammer:-

It's got a very 'Driving down the motorway at night as the headlights pass overhead and the long empty road is ahead of me' kind of feel to it, it's absolutely going in my night-time driving list. 🙂

• Love 1
  • Woohoo 1

• 2 weeks later...