Discussion: Background/Character Art Out of Context - Spoilers or No?

Context-free Background/Character art.  

1. 1. Does it count as spoilers, in your opinion?

• Yes
    • No

• Senior Staff

An interesting discussion idea that I had the other day:

Do you think that out of context screenshots or game CG count as spoilers?

Say for example that I provided a screenshot of one of the Gen I Pokémon games, to show an example of the warp panels or something. It may be of a single room in a certain building, but there's no context to it.
Or, I take a screenshot of the route on which I caught a certain Pokémon.

Taking it a little further, to the main point: background art in story modes, with no dialogue or anything like that, just the art... Do you personally consider that a spoiler? I mean, sure, you see the art before you get that far/unlock it, but it provides no real context.

And, for example, say there's one thing you can do to unlock all background art in a game (without any dialogue/context, other than being in the correct order)... Would you look at the art before playing through the story mode? Or would you ignore the Gallery until you 'unlocked' all the art legitimately?

Just curious about what people think. If this gets any interest, I'll share my opinion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up