Underrated games

Underrated games....
there's just something special about them, so what is everyone's favorite underrated video games? some of mine are 
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, The Guilty Gear series, Prince of Persia series 
I'm curious to see what games everyone here has that they think they're underrated :D

• Like 2

I could list some games that are both underrated, and somewhat unknown, for the PC:

* Armagetron Advanced - An old-school PC game that combines racing, and the classic "Snake" game some old flip-phones used to have on them. I personally think it's better to play this one multiplayer, there are AI players, but...it can get a bit boring playing against them. T^T I used to play this game online all the time a few years back. Sadly, I almost hear nothing about it online, and not a whole lot of people do play it, but it is something I was lucky to find many years ago. Have spent countless hours playing it both online over the internet and with my best friend IRL.

* Crypt Worlds - Quite a bizarre, 3D, open-world game that has a day and night function, similar to that of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (except you can't actually explore anywhere at nighttime, you just go to sleep and wake up the next day). What I find more fascinating about this game, is not just the gameplay, but the artistic value and effort put into it. Yes, it is a short game, and there's not a whole lot to do in the game's environment, but, there's plenty of cool visuals and articulate 3D rooms to do some sight-seeing around.

* Forget-Me-Not - Trippy Pac-Man, pretty much. It's a fun little addictive game, that can be a bit tricky to get the hang of at first, but it's definitely something worth trying out if you want a challenge and a twist based on the concept of an arcade classic. It's also multiplayer, but, almost impossible to play seeing as it's so easy to die in that game. Your partner has to extremely co-operative. One slip-up and you're gone, pretty much. xD

* Freedom Planet - This is a platformer game, heavily inspired by the original Sonic the Hedgehog games from the 90's. I've played it a lot on Steam this year, and it is a pretty charming and wonderful game, probably even more enjoyable than all three of the original Sonic games combined. Although this is probably the most popular game on this list, I'd say it is quite underrated for what it is worth. The first time I saw this game, I looked up the name "Freedom Planet" into YouTube, and would have assumed there'd be some videos with at least a couple of million views. ...nope. The vast majority of videos I have seen for this game barely surpass 200,000, with most of the videos averaging around 10,000 views. It's... criminally underrated, this game is. T^T

* Psycho Waluigi - A must play for fans of the Wario series on the Game Boy. I can't say too much about this one, but it's pretty straight-forward. Play as Waluigi, bash through blocks, beat up the bad guys, and get as much treasure as you can. What makes this game impressive is that it is a fan-game, but, it could easily have the potential to be a legitimate Nintendo game. Plays very well, and has a lot to offer. Again, this game is not as well-known as I would kinda hope it could be.

* Robots Are People Too - This game is exclusively multiplayer. It's not really possible to play without someone else sitting next to you. If you know the game "N - Way of the Ninja" Then Robots Are People Too is more or less "Two-Player N".

I wonder if anyone else here has heard of these games? (Asides from Freedom Planet, I'm aware that there's some fans of that game here already. xP)

Edited by Sunstone
  • Love 1

• 5 weeks later...

I have another addition to make to this thread:

Tadpole Treble - A game that my IRL friend got me on Steam as a Christmas gift. This was made by a YouTuber and webcomic artist I have followed on-and-off for a few years; BitFinity (Matthew Taranto). It's a musically-structured game, based on timing and rhythm, somewhat akin to that of the Rhythm Heaven games on the Nintendo DS. I'd say this game is very underrated... Heck, Matt's YouTube channel and webcomics are underrated as a whole. Guy's got some incredible talent...

[June 5th edit: Found yet another game to add to this list]:

Happy Melancholic Kid - This is a small, free-to-play indie RPG that I discovered through watching Vinesauce (one of my favourite YouTube channels xD). It looks like it has a lot of potential and I would love to see it become a full-fledged series one day. At the moment it's only in Beta, and I'm not sure if it is ever going to be developed any further than what it already has; seeing as development on the game has been idle for over a year now, I think. If you want to kill an hour-or-so playing a game, check out this fun and pretty little adventure! 😄

Edited by Sunstone
Adding Happy Melancholic Kid.