What was your first Roleplay?

AOL.... *thunder booms as Myst's age is reflected in those wrinkles on his face, the sunken in eyes, the gray hairs starting to appear on his head... fuck no wonder I'm single*

AOL chatrooms... my first RP was litteral 15 minute session with someone in a DBZ room, we fought. I was Krillin because I loved his Destructo Disc and they chose Freiza.

I was new to the whole thing, so I lost the fight from both not know what the hell I was doing and because the person was a godmoding piece of shit. XD.

My next experience was a lot better. A fantasy setting where my mercenary character met a beautiful dragon mage.... ooc they taught me a lot about Role Play over the couple of years we wrote together. It was nice.

• Haha 1

Ah geez I don't even remember. I think it was on fb through some mlp group with some random guy. I don't even remember him or his character's name. It was bad though. He wasn't doing it for me and was really self centered so I told him I wasn't interested and he got really upset so I blocked him and never looked back. 

Later on I met a guy from Florida who was really sweet. I still talk to him but we don't rp anymore. 

Edited by Chamomile

5 minutes ago, Mysthero said:

AOL.... *thunder booms as Myst's age is reflected in those wrinkles on his face, the sunken in eyes, the gray hairs starting to appear on his head... fuck no wonder I'm single*

AOL chatrooms... my first RP was litteral 15 minute session with someone in a DBZ room, we fought. I was Krillin because I loved his Destructo Disc and they chose Freiza.

I was new to the whole thing, so I lost the fight from both not know what the hell I was doing and because the person was a godmoding piece of shit. XD.

This sums up 90% of fighting rp

• 5 months later...

Strange, i remember i already post my RP exp here. Was i drunk and imagine things? Oh whatever, at least i got excuse to write here.

Just like what i said on my own post on welcome forum, my RP experience is way to short. However not without adventure. I know RP when i was junior high but start to RP when i'm high school. I was 16-17yo at the time. I was dragged to RP world by my own curiosity and accident. While people here said their first RP they had is on IRC to FB, mine is on character maker website. The site were made for character design so i'm baffled when i saw the RP forum. FYI, the forum is global chat based where everything keep moving unlike ED where DM is the focus.

As i get used to things, i decide to jump in where they welcome me AND quickly throw me to the zombie apocalypse (blame world war Z). The RP is alright but then things get a little heat up when they decide to add romantic in it. Suffice to say, slashing zombie head clean off turn into giving head. Since i'm not kinky as i am today, i froze in place when they decide to drag my OC to suck on zombie dick. While i might welcome that now, i'm not exactly too happy with that at the time. And well, they don't like that refusal at all and snub me.

But you know what? Their RP deserted start from that mistake. One of the former group member said "You lucky they rub you out Elena, they really gone batshit. One day they make you give head to zombie, next day they go back to action, killing one OC, and have sex with it". I thought he mess around but then other coming in "No Elena, i wish i was you. That sick fuck really ask people to fuck corpse"

While i have no qualms about kink no matter how extreme, forcing people to get into it is bad. Since my account status is temporary member due to not confirming it through email, i don't know how they wrap it up as i found my account terminated due to no confirmation past deadline.

So yeah, zombie apocalypse is my first RP while dodging a big no-no.

• Like 1

• Senior Staff
9 minutes ago, Elena Ichinomiya said:

Strange, i remember i already post my RP exp here. Was i drunk and imagine things? Oh whatever, at least i got excuse to write here.

Just like what i said on my own post on welcome forum, my RP experience is way to short. However not without adventure. I know RP when i was junior high but start to RP when i'm high school. I was 16-17yo at the time. I was dragged to RP world by my own curiosity and accident. While people here said their first RP they had is on IRC to FB, mine is on character maker website. The site were made for character design so i'm baffled when i saw the RP forum. FYI, the forum is global chat based where everything keep moving unlike ED where DM is the focus.

As i get used to things, i decide to jump in where they welcome me AND quickly throw me to the zombie apocalypse (blame world war Z). The RP is alright but then things get a little heat up when they decide to add romantic in it. Suffice to say, slashing zombie head clean off turn into giving head. Since i'm not kinky as i am today, i froze in place when they decide to drag my OC to suck on zombie dick. While i might welcome that now, i'm not exactly too happy with that at the time. And well, they don't like that refusal at all and snub me.

But you know what? Their RP deserted start from that mistake. One of the former group member said "You lucky they rub you out Elena, they really gone batshit. One day they make you give head to zombie, next day they go back to action, killing one OC, and have sex with it". I thought he mess around but then other coming in "No Elena, i wish i was you. That sick fuck really ask people to fuck corpse"

While i have no qualms about kink no matter how extreme, forcing people to get into it is bad. Since my account status is temporary member due to not confirming it through email, i don't know how they wrap it up as i found my account terminated due to no confirmation past deadline.

So yeah, zombie apocalypse is my first RP while dodging a big no-no

That's a pretty extreme kink to just expect people to be okay with. 😬

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

I started at around 2005, age 12

Personally, I found out about roleplaying by browsing old school myspace profiles with anime pictures. I got obsessed with having rp families and then eventually was convinced into doing erp about a year later. I remember fondly having over 15 different accounts of canon characters from Naruto, Megaman, and even Kingdom Hearts.

My first OC probably came about 3 years later and he was based off my ragnarok online character.

Either way, I’d love to hear your guys first experiences! I personally find it interesting all the different paths we all take that led us here. 

Looking forward to reading some posts!

-Aaron

• Like 1

1 minute ago, God of RP said:

I think I was 14 or 15. It all started with a FNaF Roblox game....

I don't do that anymore but without it I wouldn't be here today.

Hey man, Myspace pretty much doesn’t exist anymore for me. Though that’s sick! Funny how any form of communication platform can form an rp group, even if it’s through a game.

Hey, this is an interesting forum!  Guess I might as well explain myself a little bit on here.

I started role playing over at Google+ when I first started high school.  I actually started in smaller communities that were more focused on combat.  It wasn’t until a year or so later that I started branching out to other kinds of role plays.  Somewhere along the line, I eventually found out that sexual role plays were a things, and...I’ve kinda been hooked on them ever since. 😅

After Google+ shut down, I migrated over to MeWe.  But that site isn’t really specialized in role plays like these, so it was hard for me to find decent partners sometimes.  Eventually my search for a good rp site led me to here.

• Thanks 1

I started role-playing (or at least did my first role play then) at a random website called neopets which is basically a website where you have pets and play games but it also had a forum part. Those were definitely the most innocent roleplays, we were basically a bunch of kids walking around a fictional world where cake grew from trees. I think I was about 10 years old back then. My first NSFW roleplay was much later, maybe when I was 20 years old and obviously on a different platform as well 🙂

Edited by Somethingsomething

My history isn't very interesting - I pretty much only started RPing as soon as I joined EcchiDreams, which was around the start of 2017. Though I guess technically I *have* done a bit of RPing on Skype in the years beforehand? Though that kind of RPing wasn't a well-structured story with lore or anything like the RPs I've done here, it was just simple stuff like *cuddles up and throws the bedsheets over us*. .w.

10 hours ago, God of RP said:

I think I was 14 or 15. It all started with a FNaF Roblox game....

I don't do that anymore but without it I wouldn't be here today.

I just realized that I was wrong. While this was a major step in the OCs I use today it was not my first time RPing. Apologies for the bad memory.

My actual first time was in a forums for the Mobile game called The Blockheads. I used random OCs then, and I was cringey, but I’ve grown since then.

• Like 1

D&D and MERP were my introduction over regular tabletop Rping, kinda 20ish years ago. About text based RPing, I jumped straight into ERP, finding ONline Sexy Blackjack, a flash game that managed to build a community in the skin and bone multiplayer chatroom, branching out by various chatzys.

Since the game shut down the Multiplayer part I was able to keep in touch with very few selected RP partners but was looking for a place to meet other ERPers. Glad I found EcchiDreams after at least a couple years of search for something satisfying.

• Like 2

I think I started when I was 19, on deviantart. Cant remember the specifics, i just remembered thinking "wait...you can write about sex with other people???" Think I played a mad scientist with his android servant. Tgen it developed into doing fantasy, cause come on...may as well write stories of sex with things that dont exist, right? 

Some time later, I had joined another forum that was small and did a few role plays there. Maybe a year or two? People left, went back to dA, and then in 2018 joined this site!

Oh, yea. DnD in 2017 too

Edited by nicjomo
One more thing
  • Like 2

Oh balls...  When did Gaia-online make the switch from Go-Gaia? I joined the site shortly after that url switch, must of been late 2004 at least.   

I was a home schooled kid who lied about their age to join the site at the time, my parent's didn't give a damn as to what I did with my own computer in my bedroom.. It went highly unchecked, I had no friends and my home life was an utter shit show,  I found the wonderful worlds of RPing through that site.  It was my only comfort from it all.

Kinda depressing, I know.  Like I said, My entire life has been a shit show. My badge for surviving it all is mental illness and a life of therapy and medication.

Ps. No, RPing isn't a trigger for me.  If anything it's another way of coping.

Edited by Cemetery
  • Thanks 1

Well, I did start a bit in the Negima fandom back when like, Proboards and its competitors were a thing. Oh, but for in-person things, my start was playing World of Darkness in the loft of a farmhouse. I've always wanted to go back and do that sort of thing again, being older and having more experience, but I doubt there's any way to recapture the magic of being a kid and playing horror-themed games down at the creepy farm at nighttime.

• Love 1

On 04/08/2020 at 10:00, Konoka said:

Well, I did start a bit in the Negima fandom back when like, Proboards and its competitors were a thing. Oh, but for in-person things, my start was playing World of Darkness in the loft of a farmhouse. I've always wanted to go back and do that sort of thing again, being older and having more experience, but I doubt there's any way to recapture the magic of being a kid and playing horror-themed games down at the creepy farm at nighttime.

Everything just appears way more grandiose as a kid doesn’t it? I remember crafting long stories that I’d probably slap myself on the forehead trying to comprehend now.

Also yo Negima! Haha, one of my first introductory “harem” animes. I was always a soyboy and digged me some Nodoka.

On 04/08/2020 at 05:29, Cemetery said:

Oh balls...  When did Gaia-online make the switch from Go-Gaia? I joined the site shortly after that url switch, must of been late 2004 at least.   

I was a home schooled kid who lied about their age to join the site at the time, my parent's didn't give a damn as to what I did with my own computer in my bedroom.. It went highly unchecked, I had no friends and my home life was an utter shit show,  I found the wonderful worlds of RPing through that site.  It was my only comfort from it all.

Kinda depressing, I know.  Like I said, My entire life has been a shit show. My badge for surviving it all is mental illness and a life of therapy and medication.

Ps. No, RPing isn't a trigger for me.  If anything it's another way of coping.

If I had a nickel for everytime I lied about my age back in the day online. Phew.

I used to use rping as an escape from all the harassment I’d get for being a huge nerd in school. I am sorry to hear about the end results though. I heard of many people who use gaia for online but never heard of go-gaia.

On 03/08/2020 at 17:12, nicjomo said:

I think I started when I was 19, on deviantart. Cant remember the specifics, i just remembered thinking "wait...you can write about sex with other people???" Think I played a mad scientist with his android servant. Tgen it developed into doing fantasy, cause come on...may as well write stories of sex with things that dont exist, right? 

Some time later, I had joined another forum that was small and did a few role plays there. Maybe a year or two? People left, went back to dA, and then in 2018 joined this site!

Oh, yea. DnD in 2017 too

Lord I remember learning about how odd it was for the erp mindset to kick in. I used to try and use every clever synonym in the book for penis and vagina back then.

Didn’t know about the DA roleplaying groups, then again, not surprised that could be a place that could start.

On 03/08/2020 at 16:18, The Soreress said:

D&D and MERP were my introduction over regular tabletop Rping, kinda 20ish years ago. About text based RPing, I jumped straight into ERP, finding ONline Sexy Blackjack, a flash game that managed to build a community in the skin and bone multiplayer chatroom, branching out by various chatzys.

Since the game shut down the Multiplayer part I was able to keep in touch with very few selected RP partners but was looking for a place to meet other ERPers. Glad I found EcchiDreams after at least a couple years of search for something satisfying.

It’s really cool when you have partners that transcend the place in which you first roleplayed as. Even more cool that you still rp with them! 

I personally have only had the former. But wow, didn’t even think about tabletop roleplaying as a gateway drug at first and primarily though online.

On 03/08/2020 at 15:27, WritesNaughtyStories said:

Before a lot of you were born with the 1st Edition D&D in the English countryside? In a more directly related context dial-up BBS chat.

Good god if I could have been around to see all the freshman kids trying to fap in the computer labs with arpanet. 

That is really awesome you dabbled in 1E. Did your friends get you into it or was it you who organized the party?

On 03/08/2020 at 16:03, RadChad said:

Fuck do I go as far back as larping with my friends at their house, but as far as on the internet AOL instant messager.. 

The three pillars of the old internet.

AOL, AIM, MSN. I was on the msn guild myself. But yah, I guess now that I think about it. I used to love playing stories with friends that had long and complicated lores in friends backyards.

In terms of larping did you guys ever craft armor and weapons?

On 03/08/2020 at 11:40, kaja said:

I think my first RP was when i was like 15 and i jumped right into the lewd stuff, pretty sure is was a malexfuta RP. Which thinking about it now makes really wanna do an RP like that again

Head first and stayed in huh? I love it. Hope you catch yourself another experience like that soon!

On 03/08/2020 at 05:49, Typical Blue Haired Dude said:

Hey, this is an interesting forum!  Guess I might as well explain myself a little bit on here.

I started role playing over at Google+ when I first started high school.  I actually started in smaller communities that were more focused on combat.  It wasn’t until a year or so later that I started branching out to other kinds of role plays.  Somewhere along the line, I eventually found out that sexual role plays were a things, and...I’ve kinda been hooked on them ever since. 😅

After Google+ shut down, I migrated over to MeWe.  But that site isn’t really specialized in role plays like these, so it was hard for me to find decent partners sometimes.  Eventually my search for a good rp site led me to here.

Oo, did one of your friends get you into the google+ rp community? Or was it from you just browsing and seeing what was going on?

I am really digging this site personally, it just feels like it was designed to manage and control all aspects of roleplay without feeling like you are being overwhelmed.

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, Aim2Plz said:

Oo, did one of your friends get you into the google+ rp community? Or was it from you just browsing and seeing what was going on?

I am really digging this site personally, it just feels like it was designed to manage and control all aspects of roleplay without feeling like you are being overwhelmed.

Yeah, a good friend of mine had showed me the site, and I joined because of that.  This was what introduced me to role playing in the first place.

I agree, this site really is amazing!  It’s much easier to find suitable partners here than it would be in a comm like G+ or even MeWe.  I wish I came here the moment I turned 18, it would’ve saved me a lot of trouble.

I too followed the path from G+ to Mewe, but there was some stuff before that.

I did in my early teens experiment with non-lewd forum RP, but it didn't hold my interest at all. Then on my 18th birthday (yes I waited like a good boy), I downloaded Second Life and visited an adult area for some cheap thrills. This was just one-liner stuff like "*fucks harder*, *moans*". Technically this was my first sexual interaction with another human being. SL kinda sucks so I did not revisit it very much.

A website hosting adult flash games put up a game where you create an avatar to play strip blackjack with real people. Quickly the lobby for this game turned into RP ads, and you could join a person's table to roleplay with them while ignoring the card game. I had some fun here and sharpened my skills a bit, but it was still not ideal.

Then I discovered that Google+ had a huge ERP scene. The name I use here is the pseudonym I created on the spot to make an RP account there. This is where I really came into my own and developed my own style, and I really enjoyed the format too. The only bad thing was trying to dodge the moderation, and sometimes seeing your friends get the banhammer.

After I had already been on G+ for some time, I found this place! I played here alongside G+ for a while. Eventually G+ died and I migrated to Mewe. Mewe seemed like it would be good, and for a while it was, but there were a lot more rude people it seemed like, and a lot more social media drama bullshit. Got ghosted by lots of people, and once the site started gaining popularity they too started banning lewd accounts.

For a very short time I experimented with discord ERP servers. I don't think I understand the culture there, they're super hung up on strict rules and I had people getting mad when I didn't reply literally within 15 minutes. No thanks.

Eventually I fully committed to making this my RP home. Very very happy here, of course!

Edited by Alexander Bodide