• Senior Staff

The title of the thread might be a little awkward... Basically, anyone can post here, and I'm looking for suggestions of things to write. In a way it's kind of a one v. all forum game.

More or less anything goes, but there might be some limits on what I'll do. Basically, post whatever you like prompt-wise, and if I like it or feel like it, and have the time, I'll do some writing inspired by the prompt you provide.

Rules:

• Prompts can be as vague or as specific as you like, but bear in mind that if they're too vague, you might not get exactly what you had in mind, and if you're too specific it might take a while to make sure.
  • I reserve the right to choose the format of the writing.
  • I reserve the right to not do any prompts for any reason, though mostly anything 'rejected' would be because I'd have to write too long a short story...
  • You can specify a format, though do bear in mind you might not get what you ask for. I'm after ideas, more than "please write me a short story where X character and Y character do A, B, and C.", or whatever.
  • I'll like your prompt once I'm done writing whatever I end up writing... It's not necessary, but I would appreciate a react if you ask for a prompt, or at least if you like what I wrote you. That probably sounds a bit passive-aggressive; not my intention. Just a comment.

Anyway, let's see how much interest this generates. If I get a fair bit, I may make a writing prompt club...

• Senior Staff

It was slightly tougher to deal with this one, especially within the constraints of a Haiku, but I liked the format for the subject.
I had to make it rather vague, so it's more about the petals themselves than the characters; you just have to understand it's from their point of view.

It's like snow in Spring;
beautiful pink petals dance,
borne on warmer winds.

Cherry Blossom Prompt (for @lVergill) - SMFoxy, December 2017

• Senior Staff

That's quite vague, the trash collector could have found anything. xD
But I feel like this could apply to a few things; it feels kind of metaphorical?

Broken, discarded...
Taken in by a saviour...
Fixed, repaired, and loved.

Trash Or Treasure Prompt (for @Old Coyote) - SMFoxy, December 2017

• 3 weeks later...

Archived