[Chapter 2]

The Hero & Red Riding Hood

The next day in the morning, I return to the same building to see a flying vehicle waiting for people to come and ride toward from what Ozpin told Beacon Academy. Ozpin gave me the necessary instructions to arrive to the orientation and so, I enter the flying contraption. After a while of waiting for others, the vehicle began to take off and flying to our destination. I look out at the window to see everything below which fascinates me with curiosity and joy at the wonderful view from this machine. The experience is cut short as people began talking in a weird screen about a man name Roman Torchwick wanted for something and it quickly into another subject relating to a group called the white fang.

White fang?...Roman…

I began thinking about those keywords to get something but nothing came to mind about neither the guy nor the group mention by the people from the screen. The screen made an abrupt pause and the image of a familiar woman came into view in the glass.

"Hello, and welcome to Beacon." She greets.

I am curious as to how she got here and possible use some kind of weird magic to appear inside of the glass. I couldn't figure it myself even with my power and I just look curious at the strange power from her.

"My name is Glynda Goodwitch." Glynda introduced.

Glynda…nothing comes to me, but at least I know her name.

I ponder at the thought of my memories having no correlation with anything here which made me feel so alone in this world.

"You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy. Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future huntsman and huntress, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now, it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world." Glynda explain.

The image of Glynda disappears from the glass as the students became excited from something outside which peek my interest. I look out of the window to see buildings below me and from afar; I could see a huge building near the cascade. My curiosity rose high as I lay eyes upon Beacon and I felt a bit happy to see it for some strange reason. I could hear two girls disgust by a young boy vomiting at something but my focus is on the academy itself. I notice other machines like this one flying together and carrying, even more, students like us.

Are all of the students here, strong?...

I became curious to see their power and what makes them so unique that they could attend such a place like me. The ship began to arrive to a drop point and slowly open the door so we can exit this vehicle. I left the vehicle as the familiar blond boy began to release his vomit in a nearby trash bin. I look at the school building with eager to find something relating to my joy but alas, no such sparks activate my memories. I glance around to find nothing worth analyzing except the fact this place is very large and very confusing for me to navigate. While I was thinking on my things, I could hear a commotion happening nearby with some girl but it soon ended peacefully as the red clothes girl strangely collapse.

Wait, isn't she the girl from the flying machine?

I clearly remember her with a blond girl but now she is alone in this place like me. Suddenly, I felt a small tap on me and I turn around to see a girl smiling at me.

"Hi! The name is Aura Mist, nice to meet you, fellow peer." Aura happily introduced.

I could see Aura raising her right arm toward me and expecting a good exchange as students of the same school. I respective shake her hand while I took a good look at this 5 ft. 4 in. cheerful girl. Aura has raven black hairs that reach her chin in a messy bob, with two long strands on either side of her face. She looks at me confused with her violet eyes at my silent and I release our hand. Her clothing consists of a violet short-sleeved blouse while underneath is a black V-neck pinafore with a pair of gray and white striped stockings. I could see a pair of black ankle boots with white cuff and pair of black fingerless gloves, also waist-length black capelet. She became uncomfortable by my silent and staring at her intensely so she nervously laughs while scratching her head.

"Err….Do you want to see a trick?" Aura asks, trying to bring up a subject.

Trick?

I became curious at what trick she could do and I am hoping it is the ability to make yourself appear in the glass trick like Glynda did. I nod at her trick and she quickly smiles at my curiosity to see it. She sweeps her hand to reveal cards within her right hand suddenly appear and my eyes widen at the sudden appearance of those stacks of cards. I became focused on her as my eyes began to take necessary information while she continues with her magic trick.

"Watch and be amaze with my magic trick, I will make this stack of cards change into a…." Aura trails off, as she twirls and smiling.

I watch very carefully at her movement, hand patterns, aura, and semblance. Suddenly, I gasp as the deck of card disappear as she closes her right palm and she quickly opens it to reveal a bird flying away. Aura smile proudly at the magic trick and I applaud at the great talent she has but something felt odd about that trick.

"Thank you! Thank you!" Aura happily bows.

Hmmm…what was that a moment ago? When she closed her palm the item…

I grab my cap as I began to think of the solution and how she manages to pull off such advanced trick without anything within her sleeves. As I think on the secret, I could hear another commotion happening behind me and I turn around to find a group talking with the girl. I could easily tell that those boys were up to no good and I also notice the guy from before starting next to her.

"Hm? What's wrong? Do you know them?" Aura asks, curious.

I listen to their conversation from afar as I took my dust crystals and began to focus on them for their exact movement, flaw, opening and weaknesses.

"Are you new around here young lady? Why don't you come with up and we can show you around." The black hair boy smile.

Wind….

"That's great! I was looking for a guide, come on Jaune." The girl happily said.

"S-Sure." Jaune nervously reply.

The heavy boy suddenly cut Jaune away from the girl and didn't want to include Jaune on their cooperation from the very beginning.

Ice….

"We don't want you to bother us so get lost newbies." The slim guy angrily said.

Water….

The last brown hair guy remains behind them and only looking out for them, like a support. I finally have the necessary information to make a plan by having one of my vajra hold a red dust crystal with a black crystal and the other one holding a yellow dust crystal with another black dust crystal. I made a quick pace toward the heavy guy and kick him into their group so those two can have some distance. I watch as the group groan and argue by their friend crushing them.

"You little newbies! You pay for such disgrace!" the black hair boy exclaim.

"Wow, hey!"

I glance behind me to see Aura angry at my sudden behavior and probably didn't listen to their conversation like I did.

"You can't start a fight mister, that's a bad start for a new student and trust me. I know." Aura protest.

"I think your friend is helping us, you see the-"

Jaune's words are interrupted as the slim guy made a dash toward us and slowly turning his body into water. The red girl suddenly pulls out her scythe to attack the guy with a slash but it did no effect to him. The guy's body is unaffected by a mere physical attack and she gasped at this find.

"Hahahaha, you think you newbies can handle the real deal!"

"What! That isn't fair." She gasps.

As the slim guy celebrates on his semblance, I took this opportunities to throw my electric vajra toward him and causing some major damage as the shock forced him to return back to his previous state. The girl quickly follows up as she kicks him back toward the group and turns to me.

"Nice one, and amazing! What are those things!" She asks, excited.

I tilt my head in confusion as I shown my vajra to her and she quickly grabs it so she can examine it. I put my right hand on my chin to see her very happy to see my weapon and looking at every angle of it.

"Wow, I have never seen this weapon before and! Eek! Are this dust crystal embedded in your weapon!" She happily exclaims.

I nervously smile at this girl's excitement for weapons and I could see the group becoming angry for ignoring them while the slim guy is unconscious on the floor. The black hair boy glares at me for causing a lot of fuss and ruining their fun.

"Let's go, newbie." He smirks.

The boy with such confidence dash toward me in particular and I follow his lead while taking my vajra from her so we can end this in two blows. I notice the boy smirk while he uses his wind semblance to speed himself up and I was prepared for this as I foresaw this outcome. I could barely see him but even so, I could land one hit to him, we pass each other as I thrust my weapon and him punching his way. The damage hit my stomach which made me kneel down on the floor and I could hear the boy grunting at the fire damage. I glance behind me to see him glaring at me and then from behind him, Jaune nervously hit him with his shield. The boy faint from Jaune's attack which surprises him to see his own bravery in action.

"I-I did it!? Err-I mean" Jaune cough, looking manly. "Of course! Don't worry ladies; Jaune is here to save the day." Jaune spoke, confidently.

Aura laugh at Jaune and the red girl congratulate the young hero but meanwhile, the heavy guy took action. I felt step coming close to me which made me turn to see him rushing at me and I try to lift my body but couldn't from the early damage. I watch as the heavy guy extend his big right hand behind him while ice covering his entire arm so we could deliver a devastating right hook. I grunt as my body didn't respond and I didn't have more information from the wind guy.

I slowly see his right hand coming close to my face until I felt light and move next to Aura. I look around confused by the sudden location transfer and I turn toward the guy hitting a pebble.

Aura sighs. "That was close buddy, you should be more careful when fighting alone, but I am here to help you if such danger happen." Aura smile.

What? She did that?

I look at the heavy guy looking a bit nervous to see my sudden location and while the red girl smile at our advantage. The heavy boy didn't hesitate to retreat with the last guy and gather his fallen allies. I sigh at our victory with no casualties besides me and I lift myself up. Jaune and the red girl approach us to greet us.

"That was amazing you two-Ah! My name is Ruby by the way, nice to meet you." Ruby smile.

"Yeah, wish I could pull those amazing move but you know, I am the type of guy who delivery the last blow. The name is Jaune Arc." Jaune happily remark.

"Aura, nice to meet you too. Although, I am worried about your strategy based on last hitting Jaune." Aura smile, while slightly worry for Jaune.

Jaune became nervous as he fumbles with his strange shield and dropping it on the floor which he disappointing pick up.

"W-Well! I am still learning the other stuff.." Jaune nervously answer.

Ruby covers his mouth as she tries to hold her laughter but fail which made our little hero a bit embarrassed.

"I remember you vomiting in the airship not too long ago, vomit boy." Ruby jokingly said.

"Oh yeah! Well, I saw your face explode by dust and stuff, crater face." Jaune angrily reply.

"Hey! That was clearly not my fault here mister!" Ruby angrily mentions.

Jaune smile at Ruby's little accident which I didn't see, he gasps and turns to me with something in his mind.

"I am so sorry; I didn't mean to skip your introduction. Like what my mom always says, good friends are like galaxies, you don't always see them, but you know they are there. Like you who appear from nowhere to help us." Jaune apologizes, and explain as he smiles.

"Errr…I think you meant stars, good friends are like STARS not galaxies." Aura nervously smiles, as she scratches her cheek.

"R-Really!? Ah…" Jaune sigh. "Now I understand why mom laughs at me every time I told her that." Jaune sadly reveals, as he hunches down depress.

The girls laugh at Jaune's sad tale but quickly recover as he smiles at me and I remain silent at their intense gaze to find my name which I didn't have. Aura smiles at my quiet nature and turn to other to explain her version of my quietness.

"It seems he isn't very talkative and I was trying to find out why.." Aura spoke, curious.

"Is he shy?" Ruby asks.

They turn to me which I shook my head to her questions and Jaune snap his finger at his next question.

"Are you perhaps mute by any chance?" Jaune ask.

I think for a second on that but I felt so confident that I don't lack such condition and so, I shook my head.

"Then why stay quiet friend! Talk! I want to know about your weapons, you, and everything about you." Ruby cheers, excitedly.

I still remain quiet regardless of their best effort to cheer me up to speak, but I felt something holding me back which I don't have control of it. Ruby sigh at my silent but she smiles as she extends her right arm to me and Jaune as well.

"Well, I don't really mind it since you probably have your own reason to keep it a secret so! I can wait for that, silent boy." Ruby said, jokingly at the last part.

"Me too, I am your friend now so count me on the waiting wagon." Jaune smile.

I became speechless, or unable to think of my case since these three peoples have shown me kindness despite my rude matters as Glynda mention. A thinly smile appear in my face which I happily shake both of their hand and gathering three friends in total. Our little moment suddenly went away as Ruby scream at something and we turn to her.

"We are going to be late for the ceremony!" Ruby scream, worry.

Suddenly, she pauses and slowly turns to Jaune which he tilts his head at her growing smile appearing on her face.

"Oh wait; we have Jaune as our guide. Phew! Here I thought we were going to miss the big ceremony happening..errr…somewhere." Ruby sigh, relief.

"Wait! Huh!? Me!? I don't know where that place is-"

"Actually, I know that place."

Jaune stops as we all turn our attention to Aura raising her right arm proudly at her wise knowledge of this school's layout and event. Ruby is very happy with Aura and hugs her while Jaune sight at his chance for a hug from Ruby.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You are a lifesaver. So, lead the way Aura and show us to the celebration. We can talk about each other on the way there." Ruby happily explains.

"No problem, follow me, guys." Aura smile.

Aura proudly marches in front of us while Ruby happily follows her lead and Jaune walk next to me ashamed. I notice Jaune leaning closer to me and about to say something very close so that the girls don't listen.

"Hey, do you think I have a chance at getting a hug from a girl" Jaune whisper.

Hmmm…

I shrug at the odds of that happening since my power doesn't calculate that important factor and he looks down sad at my response.

"Yeah, me neither.." Jaune sigh.

[Chapter 2 End]

Archived