Starting a classroom roleplay?

Hey anyone who happens to come across this post I would love any input or ideas.

I have been wanting to start a club that is sort of just a mundane high school homeroom, and members create charachters who make friends with one another! 

I'm not sure on a few things though.

1: reading through the terms of service, it talks about rules against depictions of minors in anything but a text format. I would prefer that Charachter sheets have images of the Charachter, so I guess my question is would a clothed, non sexual depiction of a Charachter who is listed as a high schooler be grounds for a violation Of rules?

2: would anyone even want to join? I've lurked through a few clubs, and have joined a few that fit my style, but I may be in the minority of RPers who do not place emphasis on lots of mechanics in a roleplay, and just enjoy creating a collaborative story. Im not saying it has to be boring, there is lots of room for comedy, romance, competition and drama in a school setting, but I'm just not looking to have constant magical battles on the school roof.

3: game master or Not? I actually have about 5 years of experience of running tabletop RPG games (specifically D&D 3.5 / 5e). So I am used to having a GM serve essentially as a narrator/ running npcs. Would this style be a good fit for rping here? 

Thanks for taking the time to read through my rambling, and please leave a comment with any suggestions or critiques. 

Love, Ava 

• Senior Staff
1 minute ago, Collegegeek said:

1: reading through the terms of service, it talks about rules against depictions of minors in anything but a text format. I would prefer that Charachter sheets have images of the Charachter, so I guess my question is would a clothed, non sexual depiction of a Charachter who is listed as a high schooler be grounds for a violation Of rules?

We have no issue whatsoever with images of young characters, provided that they are not nude, or in sexual situations. Clothed, non-sexual depictions are perfectly fine.

2: would anyone even want to join? I've lurked through a few clubs, and have joined a few that fit my style, but I may be in the minority of RPers who do not place emphasis on lots of mechanics in a roleplay, and just enjoy creating a collaborative story. Im not saying it has to be boring, there is lots of room for comedy, romance, competition and drama in a school setting, but I'm just not looking to have constant magical battles on the school roof.

Seems like it would be something of an EcchiTown style RP, where it's basically "RP whatever is going on", in a way. More slice-of-life than anything? I'm sure you'd get some interest.

3: game master or Not? I actually have about 5 years of experience of running tabletop RPG games (specifically D&D 3.5 / 5e). So I am used to having a GM serve essentially as a narrator/ running npcs. Would this style be a good fit for rping here? 

It could be interesting to try, actually. I'd suggest trying it out, and if it doesn't work out, you could always change the style. I'd advise that the 'GM' is the teacher perhaps, where you could potentially guide the RP from the inside, as it were.

Hope that helps.

Ooh, I'd actually be pretty interested in this! I've been thinking today about making a lesbian high schooler character and I could totally use her in something like this. As for your questions: 

1. I can't answer about the rules, but if it is a problem, couldn't we just have a requirement for all characters to be 18 year old seniors? All the Freshmen through Junior students could just be background and not be involved in any of the sexual roleplay. I don't know, just a suggestion.

2. I've already said I'm interested :)

3. I'd be okay without a GM, but I guess someone who could play staff members (at least until someone wants to play as a staff member) could work as a partial GM and I think that could be useful :)

Archived