New RP: Brothel Style or Sexbot Company?

Classy Victorian Brothel or High Tech Sexbot Company?  

16 Dreamers have voted

1. 1. Which would you find more interesting and be more likely to participate in?

• Classy Brothel - think high-end courtesans, aristocracy and period drama
    • Sexbot Company - think futuristic, custom made sexbots for individual (or not!) use

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site but not new to roleplay to say the least, but there have always been a couple of stories I'd love to play and this site seems to be a great place to start. 

My first idea is based on a wonderful comic I read years ago, with the premise being that of a very high-end brothel. Imagine, if you will, a large and decadent mansion in Paris, Rome or London where those with some serious bank can come and see a variety of courtesans. Frequent visitors would have their favourite employees and maybe become sponsors, paying for exclusive access for periods of time or special services. All a very classy affair within a gorgeous setting, romantic, sexy and potentially ripe for drama. 
Within this RP there would be an owner of the establishment (probably played by myself), various courtesans (all genders, (legal) ages, types etc), staff of the mansion such as maids etc and the aristocrats who visit. This universe would lend itself to those looking for a short, sex only RP to come and visit the character of their choice for a one night rendezvous and those who would like a longer, more complicated story to live, work at or frequently visit the mansion. 

The other idea I have is slightly less romantic, much more futuristic and involves the running of a company that produces, to customer specifications, sexbots. This was inspired by a very cool infographic produced by lewdcyoa from which customers (rpers) could put together their ideal robots. Through this, players from other RPs could potentially order a custom robot and use the new character for simple sex roleplays or develop a more long term plot. Within this idea there is room for members of the company, purchasers of the robots and of course the robots themselves. 
Members of this roleplay could individually play specific models of robots too, such as one player playing a sweet, chobits style girl who could be purchased for a romantic plot and another playing a bimbot style model that could be rented out to various users whenever they'd like. I did consider some sort of vending machine style, disposable model bot with a sort of hivemind or reset-able personality. 

What's everyone's opinions? Which sounds more appealing and who would be interested in playing either of these ideas out?
If either of these seem to be popular, I'll create a club and outline the basic characters (just traits etc) I'd like to be involved before allowing people to choose who they'd like to play and wholly flesh them out. Alternatively, if you have any good ideas for either of these let me know! 

• 2 years later...

I love both of these! I have to say the sexbot one has come to life for me after going through that incredibly thorough infographic lmao. If this ever starts publicly or if someone wants to do a private roleplay, DM me!

the wave dancing GIF

10 hours ago, Kananakawaii said:

I don't mean to poop your party... but this was posted in 2018. I know, I read through that whole infograph and got disappointed I the original creator's page doesn't exist anymore either. Buuuut looks like someone else will need to make Sexbot Inc.

Wanna be a founding partner? From what I hear it's a lucrative business

👋Eeeeeeh might crash and burn if you hook up with a newbie like me. But ah... I'm a sucker for that infographic. I'm imagining tours to introduce new characters through the facility full of repurposed automatons to the latest and greatest experimental models depending on their price range. Scifi allows all sorts of freaky models. Open RP or Private test runs or purchases, with a definite Open-RP lobby-lounge area to mingle. Potential to go all intricate with a running plot but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Sure, but I need to read up on some good scifi research material for how to really play it out as best as I'd want. Any fiction suggestions? All I can think of is certain Ghost In The Shell episodes.

5 minutes ago, Kananakawaii said:

👋Eeeeeeh might crash and burn if you hook up with a newbie like me. But ah... I'm a sucker for that infographic. I'm imagining tours to introduce new characters through the facility full of repurposed automatons to the latest and greatest experimental models depending on their price range. Scifi allows all sorts of freaky models. Open RP or Private test runs or purchases, with a definite Open-RP lobby-lounge area to mingle. Potential to go all intricate with a running plot but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Sure, but I need to read up on some good scifi research material for how to really play it out as best as I'd want. Any fiction suggestions? All I can think of is certain Ghost In The Shell episodes.

I know, the infographic got me too 😳 had me on imgur for 30 minutes weighing the possibilities of green vs. red lube lol. I like your ideas for the public rp, as far as fiction I was definitely leaning towards an Altered Carbon vibe but sexier? The show is on Netflix if you wanted to give it a watch

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived