The Market

As you enter the main plaza of the city of Gateport, you find yourself barraged with a variety of sights, sounds, and activities. You see shops, both inside of buildings as well as outside in stalls and tents, selling every kind of scavengable item from the wasteland. You see traders yelling out deals and cheap prices in caps throughout the plaza. You see people, ghouls, and even robots going about their business, buying things from the traders or simply going from one place to the other. If you cannot find what your are looking for here, you probably can't find it anywhere in the wasteland.

Edited by CuteNeko
More Detail :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Administrator

“Well… here she is…” Catherine said softly to Kuri as the two of them stopped in front of one of the shops. Her clothing shop was one of the buildings that dotted around the marketplace, making it as one of the more permanent structures. Like everything else around it, the main building was made from scrap metal and planks of wood although it was obvious that she took great pains to maintain it the best as she could. There was a window, to the left of the door, with a small sloped out-cropping that allowed a glimpse into the shop, although the only things noticeable was a black sofa, along with a cloth covered table with a jawless Brahmin skull sitting on top of it. 

“She isn’t much, but the shop was given to me by the previous owner. After I managed to find my way here, she kind of adopted me, and gave me a place to stay. She was quite old, and was looking for someone to take over the business when she died so she apprenticed me. Then she gifted the shop to me upon her death…” Catherine told Kuri as she stepped closer to the door, pulling out a key which she inserted into the lock and twisted so that they could step inside.

To their immediate right, up against the wall beside the door, was a tatty display cabinet which held several pieces of well maintained Brotherhood of Steel clothes as she offered them repair services at a much cheaper cost than getting new clothes. To the left, was another display case that was in a much better condition and displayed some well kept clothing, including a piece of Pre-war clothing that looked like it would be expensive. 

In front of the display cabinet containing the Brotherhood of Steel clothes, was a counter that came away from the wall before curving around. There was a cash machine on the white surface, along with a radio. On the other end of the long counter, was a desk fan that spun lazily. On the curve of it, sat a clipboard as well as a pen and paper. There was even a small bell that could be used to get her attention. Behind the counter, there was a tall set of drawers, with various items related to the task of making and repairing clothes. Including cloth materials and leather. There was also a long set of low shelves that had clothes stacked neatly inside of them either to be put on the shelves or to be repaired or even scrapped. There was also a metal container that had materials piled on top of it. There was a light green armchair, turned towards two mannequins. One was male, and the other female which she used to hold clothes that she was modifying, repairing or making. 

On the floor in front of the counter was a blue carpet that looked as if she had fixed it up herself. Closeby, and in front of the expensive looking display was a set of large shop shelves standing back to back to one another piled high with clothes that every day customers could buy, including some pieces of armour. On the wall opposite, stood three more mannequins that were dressed in wasteland clothing, including Road Leathers, a Drifters Outfit and an explorer's outfit. On the end side of the shop was a set of stairs that lead upwards, with the black sofa and table sitting in front of it. Underneath the stairs, were several metal shelves piled with cleaning products and storage with even more materials. 

The shop looked well kept, if keeping to the general tatty theme due to lack of good quality building materials. Catherine stepped aside and allowed Kuri to enter, before she closed the door and locked it again, “I actually live upstairs… So I don’t actually have to go far in order to get to work.

Kuri looked around with interest in everything that he saw. It was a unique little place, despite its size. It was far more well kept than that of any other shops he'd seen. It was a fairly tidy town, if everything so far looked this nice. It would be a shame to be disappointed by any unkempt buildings now. He looked over the shelves and cabinets, engraving every small detail into his memory. When she mentioned that her home was upstairs, he turned to look at her and smiled.

"Would you like for me to stay downstairs, or would you like to to wait in one of the rooms?"

He looked around before gently ghosting his fingers along the smooth glass of one of the cabinets

"This place is amazing..."

“It’s actually just a single room upstairs, but I’ve used curtains to section it up. I don’t mind you coming upstairs with me.” Catherine replied with a smile as she lead him over to the stairs and climbed up them to a small landing which had a hat stand against the wall. To the right, was a locked door which she took the key out of her pocket and pushed it into the lock before turning and opening the door. It was like she said; a single room that was separated into smaller areas. They were standing in one corner of the room. Right in front of them against the left wall, was a metal desk with a fold-up chair tucked up against it. It had some papers on the desk, as well as some notes, pens and pencils. She also had a typewriter, since she did not have her own computer. Just a little beyond that was a small balcony that looked out over one of the streets, with a red lounge chair. The balcony could be closed off with a curtain that could be drawn to hide the room from view. 

In the far left corner, was a metal stove up against the left wall, with some pre-war design cabinets up against the far wall, along with a sink. There was a kettle on the side, as well as a coffee pot on top of a heater plate. There was even a couple of bottles of vodka, since she quite enjoyed the drink. She also had a somewhat tatty looking pre-war fridge which had food inside. There was also a metal shelf, where she stored other food, from pre-war boxes of food to vegetables. She also had a dining room table with four chairs tucked away underneath it.

In the far-right corner of the room was a double bed, with a lake painting sitting above the headboard. The bed had a bedside table on its right side, with a lantern and an alarm clock. On its left side weas a chest of drawers with a vase of yellow flowers sitting inside of it. She even had a shelf on the right wall with a line of teddy bears. The entire bedroom area could be separated from the rest from the use of a curtain. Closer towards where they stood at the door, there was a long red sofa with a cabinet sitting behind it, and a coffee table in front. Beside the sofa, there was a bookshelf where she seemed to store a number of papers inside of cardboard boxes. It was where she had kept a lot of information regarding her shop, such as clothing design notes and purchase histories. Sitting beside that, was an ironing board with a painting of a cat above it. Then there were curtains that lead into the bathroom, with a bathtub up against the right wall, with a toilet and sink on the opposing wall. There were shelves that held hygeine products as well as some basic medical equipment. Back in the living room section of the room, up against the same wall as the door, there was a couple of low bookshelves which contained some books and some more bottles of wine and vodka. There was an empty vase on top, as well as a baseball glove and a worn looking baseball. She even had a few boxes of 10mm bullets which she could use for the pistol that Kuri had given her. 

“It isn’t much, but it’s home.” Catherine said with a smile at Kuri as she indicated the room. It wasn’t the most ideal thing, to live above her shop, however it was convenient especially since she didn’t have to go far in order to get to work in the mornings.

"Interesting..."

He looks through the multiple curtains before settling in the metal fold out chair. He looks over the scrawls of the papers, mainly seeing orders and frustrated writing. He looks up at her.

"Well, don't mind me while you change. Unless if you'd Luke to show me around?"_

Catherine seemed to pause at that question, looking at him thoughtfully for a few long moments, “Maybe we can have a drink first?” She suggested, because she wanted to ask him something and she wasn’t sure if he would listen to her. A drink would help him feel at home, which was what she intended on doing. She went over to the kitchen area and pulled down two clean glasses from the metal shelf before opening up one of the bottles of vodka that was sitting on her kitchen workside. She poured some out into the glasses before putting it back and coming back over to Kuri and offering him the drink. She then leaned against her metal desk, taking a sip from her drink, before saying,

“I want to ask you something, Kuri. I waited until we were here, because it’s… quite personal. When… you saved me from those Raiders, was there anyone else that you saved? Were there any other slaves that you saw?” Catherine asked, almost holding her breath in that thin hope that perhaps he knew something. She knew it was a very far fetched hope, but she wanted to believe that, somewhere, out there in the wasteland, her little sister was alive and that she could possibly save her.

He takes the drink graciously, taking a small sip of the liquid and letting the smoky taste settle on his tongue before swallowing it. He looks up at her when she asks him her seemingly desperate question about when she was saved

"No, you were the only one that I'd found. Though I did make sure to kill every slave trader and break all the locks, so it could be possible that whoever I suppose you want em to look for is out there somewhere."

He smiles and takes another sip of his vodka, looking up into her hopeful eyes. He knew that it was a long shot, but he wasn't opposed to helping her, if she had the right means of paying for it

"Well... By the tone of your voice, and the hopefulness that spilled from your very being while you asked your question... I wouldn't be opposed to accepting a job... For the right amount of caps, that is~"

Catherine felt her heart sink when he denied having freed any other slave, which threw into doubt for her that her sister might very well be alive. She breathed out of her nose and looked down into her glass as she swirled it around. She the raised her green eyes to look back at Kuri when he had the uncanny ability to read her. She flushed slightly, wondering if she was that easy to read, or if he was that observant. She gave him a small smile before she said,

“I’ve… been saving up to try and hire a mercenary. I’ve only got about a thousand caps. I’m not sure if that is the right price or not, to ask for someone to go and look for my little sister.” She looked away from him for a moment, before she took a sip of her liquid confidence, before she looked back at him once more, “My sister and I…. we were captured by the raiders because they came to my town… completely destroyed the place. I doubt anyone lives there now. But they killed most of the towns population and kidnapped my sister and I. It wasn’t far from where you found me, actually. I’m… hoping, that someone can go look for my sister. Even if she-” Catherine broke off for a moment, gathering herself before she continued, “Even if she is dead… I want at least some peace of mind.”

He looks up at her, with a small smile on his face. She really wanted this, didn't she? Well, he didn't ever do cheap jobs, and it seemed like she'd needed those caps for something more important until now. He shakes his head slightly and stands, walking close and looming over her. He leaned down and whispered softly, seductively into her ears

"I don't really think that only a thousand caps would cut it~ I'd be willing to trade my services for something more... Innocent~"

He straightens his stance and smiles, looking down at her with glistening eyes.

Catherine looked up at Kuri when he suddenly got up and moved towards her. When he leaned down, his mouth close to her ear as she felt goosebumps rise over her skin. Her breath caught in her throat as her heart began to beat faster in her chest as a flush rose up on her cheeks, matching the colour of her fiery hair. She gulped slightly when he spoke, the words making her swoon and a sharp stab of arousal to shoot through her. Her mouth had gone dry and her mind seemed to stop working for a moment. 

She raised her green eyes when he straightened and looked down at him with a handsome smile and eyes that seemed to glitter. He looked devilishly handsome, and Catherine’s cheeks grew redder, “Wh-what did you… have in mind?” She asked, feeling almost like a teenage girl with an intense crush. Her stomach fluttered nervously, and she had completely forgotten about the glass of vodka that she had been holding in her hands.

He gently puts his hands on her hips and pulls her body in closer to his, almost a centimeter left between them. He smiles and looks into her eyes, his crimson orbs sparkling gently with amusement. He whispers one extremely seductive word into her ear before straightening again with a seductive look

"You, of course~"

He lets his fingers ghost their way up and down her sides, almost lifting up the fabric of her shirt under their touch.

Catherine’s heartbeat started to race as she felt herself being pulled closer to Kuri, almost feeling the warmth from him through the material of her dress. Her mind had completely frozen, and she looked up into his red eyes, feeling herself lost within them. She then shuddered again, feeling an electrical thrill down her spine as he spoke again with that sexy, seductive voice of his that seemed to melt her. She was very aware of the ghostly touch up and down her spine, leaving what felt like trails of fire across her flesh. Her body began to yearn for more of his touch, as she could feel her body beginning to throb with the need for him. Her cheeks flushed redder, as her breathing deepened in arousal. The corner of her luscious lips curved slightly in a smile before she whispered up at him, “Then take me.”

Her soft whisper couldn't be any clearer to his honed ears, trained to hear a pin drop in a room filled with people. He took her chin gently between his thumb and forefinger as he leaned downwards. His lips inched ever so closer to Catherine's lips, hovering just above them for a few prolonged seconds before he presses them against hers. His mouth slight parts and he allows for his tongue to snake out and caress her lip gently

Catherine felt her stomach flutter more as Kuri leaned closer, her body feeling as if it was completely in tune with his. Her eyes closed halfway, as she could feel their breath mixing together as their lips hovered close to one another but not actually touching. Those few moments seemed like an eternity, before his lips pressed against hers. She let out a soft moan, as his lips felt so soft against hers, almost tender. She leaned against him, pressing her body against his and feeling his hard muscled beneath his clothes. Her body felt as if she was on fire, a fire that he had ignited. Her lips opened to welcome his tongue, eagerly allowing him to deepen the kiss. While her tongue emerged to touch against his, the gesture was more submissive as she wanted him to dominate her, to take what he wanted from her. The hand holding the vodka reached back, putting it down on the metal table before her arms raised to wrap around his neck, pressing her lips harder against him as she was swept away by her desire and longing for him.