Video Game discussion & Strategies

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shuya "Cheshire" Hideaki said:

"I've still got the data and everything, so I might pick it up again later"

I see.  I understand.  If things go well with Scott, I'll probably continue my run...even if my chances of beating your 0 deaths is a dream now.

3 minutes ago, Dreamlessx said:

Chiaki Nanami!! :DD

Yes.

We're back in business.

Episode 3.5: The Revenge

Spoiler

...It's over.  Scott has dashed my hopes at victory.  How can I possibly defeat his killer Girafarig and whatever else he had waiting in the back.  I mean, I still have Stalker and a potential Route 4 encounter, but...can it be enough?  Even if I overlevel a bit, can I honestly defeat the infamous Girafarig?

duskull.gif

"You must not give up yet.  We can defeat that gym leader and avenge our fallen comrades."

...Yeah.  Stalker's right!  We can do this!  We just need to head on over to Route 4 and pray for something amazing.  It's time for our comeback!  Let's do it!

duskull.gif

"Well, that was a bit too easy.  I was getting tired of being cooped up in that PC box..."

So, it's time for Route 4, ladies and gentlemen.  This is the moment of truth.  If I don't get something amazing here, I may be doomed.  Let's pray...

F5xsBku.png

Sandile...has a lot of potential.  I personally really like the Sandile line, and in my Black Nuzlocke, my Krookodile was my MVP.  Let's hope that Shades can live up to that legacy.  Of course, starting out, he had Overgrow...with Luster Purge.  He's a physical attacker, so I'd likely delete it later.  Now that we got that out of the way, I'm gonna grind and explore what I can of Route 4 before we head back to the gym for Scott, the second coming.

9LZkJzQ.png

Yeaaah, I may have grinded up a bit too much.  Although, considering how I already got screwed over once, I'd rather not take my chances and just grind heavily this time to make sure I can win...even though there's going to be battles with Bianca and Cheren coming up, and I'll have to do that with potentially two team members depending on who survives this gym battle.  I'm a little worried, but...we gotta do it.  Let's get right to it, shall we?

Q6ijPv0.png

So, we meet again, Scott!

Spr_BW_Burgh.png

Well, look what we have here.  The loser comes crawling back from the void of dead nuzlockes.  You dare challenge me again?  Are you a masochist or something?

First of all, I'm not a masochist, Scott.  Second, I made a special promise to someone that I wouldn't give up on this challenge!

Spr_BW_Burgh.png

A special promise?  Ha!  No special promise in the world can help you now!  Prepare yourself, Ruby!  My Girafarig has been ready to burn down more of your Pokemon!  Let's start with the opening act, though.  Go, Houndour!  Ware down her Pokemon so my Girafarig can destroy them with it's Blue Flare!

Well, here we go.  It's the same old Houndour lead, but we have...Stalker, who can't really do much of anything to this thing.  I chose to just spam Smokescreen...but it crit me with Brine two turns in a row, forcing me to heal after every one.  With no more crits, I spammed Smokescreen so Houndour could barely hit me and spammed Quick Attack to slowly ware it down and force Scott to use his Hyper Potions...even though he was taking my PP with Spite.  Once it was gone, it's time...for the monster.  Shades got Adaptability upon evolving and I taught him my totally not Rock Smash TM (which is Assurance), and slapped that giraffe in the face.  One shot almost did it and the infamous Blue Flare came to town.  The hit crit, but Shades hung on and slapped that Girafarig out of the way like a champion.

Spr_BW_Burgh.png

No!  My all powerful Girafarig!  Ghetsis said it would be enough to drive you into ultimate despair so deep, you would surrender your chances of victory to Lord Shuya.

Wait, what?  Ghetsis?  You two are working together to make me fall into despair?

...Shit, I said too much.  I...I have to destroy you.  I still have one Pokemon left.  This will be your destruction, Ruby!

And now, all that remains...is a Krabby.  No, I am not joking you.  That monster of a Girafarig was guarding a Krabby.  Shades served us well and deserves a rest, so I gave this final kill to Stalker, mostly because he has Wood Hammer.  While the Krabby did have Quiver Dance, all it took was a single Wood Hammer and a Quick Attack to put the crab to bed.  Anyone got butter?  Maybe a lemon too?  Doesn't matter, because we have avenged our fallen team members and defeated Scott in one fell swoop.

Spr_BW_Burgh.png

No!  I...I can't accept this!  Lord Ghetsis, Lord Shuya, forgive meeeeeeee!

Shut up and give me my badge, you crazy murderer!

Anyway, after that...unusual display that shouldn't be in the game, we got our badge and a TM for the almighty, all powerful Bug Buzz.  He may have murdered a ton of my mons, but this guy sure knows how to hook someone up.  Anyway, right when we leave, we get a call from Bianca.  She wants to battle, but...we're going to be saving that for next time.  Why did Burgh mention Ghetsis and a "Lord Shuya?"  I think something strange is going on here, but we'll try figuring it out next time.

The Survivors

jk69GG0.png

The Fallen

293.png 165.png 548.png 316.png 142.png 228.png

7 hours ago, lVergill said:

How the mighty has fallen. xD

And that right there is why I like the Sandile line.  Shades has already bumped himself up to leader of the team by eating that Blue Flare.

7 hours ago, Shuya "Cheshire" Hideaki said:

"I can never forgive you, Burgh. You have failed in your mission to bring despair to the mighty. Now die"

Shuya fries his brain

rip Burgh's brain.  Can't wait to see his brainless shell at N's Castle with the other gym leaders :P

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, lVergill said:

Instant buy!!!

It seems to be a running theme that a definitive version of a Persona game is exclusive to one console (and with Sony's recent censorship obsession, things will likely get altered from the original).  At least this time they didn't put the game on a dead handheld, but it'll be interesting to see exactly what P5R is going to bring to the table.

EDIT: On a (mostly) related note...

More Three Houses info has appeared.

Archived