It came from the Darkness [Vergil x NyxAvatar69]

Sizouze moved her hand towards her mouth, covering her mouth with her hand as she laughed a bit.  Her laughter was sinister and cruel, like a monster torturing an animal.  With a flap of her wings, she made the pellets surrounding her explode, but like with the last attack, the barrier of light was there to protect her body from harm.  Slowly, she turned her gaze to Vergil.  "You are the human who wished to not receive peace through death.  By facing me here and now, has your mind changed?  Do you now wish to be at peace through death?  If that is your wish, then allow my followers to deliver you to the heavens." Sizouze said.  She spread her wings and slowly rose up higher into the sky.  She aimed her bow and fired an arrow of light into the air.  About a few moments after firing her arrow, two angels descended down from the sky.  Both of them wore crimson armor, had black wings similar to Sizouze, and their golden eyes said right away that they were Nightmares.  Unlike Sizouze, these two angelic Nightmares were armed with spears instead of a bow.  The two charged at Vergil, but were knocked away by a hail of bullets.  The woman had made her way back over, holding two submachine guns in her hands.  "Well, isn't this just fantastic?  Not only do we have lesser Nightmares to worry about, this bitch has a barrier and can summon minions." the woman said, focusing on Sizouze as she prepared another arrow.  "Whatever that barrier is, my weapons won't have any effect on it.  You should have some kind of power, right?  I'll leave you to figure out how to shut down that barrier while I deal with the fallen angel's goons.  After all, I doubt that gun will do you much good against something that can get in your face and impale you with a spear." the woman said, dashing off to go and fight off Sizouze's angel minions.

• Love 1

I grunt at this Nightmare having a special barrier that blocks any attack throw against her and her cocky laugh made me quite angry for using such a cheap trick to hold it against me. My eyes watch as the woman made her plan to distracts any weakling Nightmare standing in my way of saving my girlfriend and while having the thought of her advising me to use something unique to stop that light barrier. The ironic of the Nightmare using light moves to protect and attack since it is sad that she was using those moves that Saffy was gifted for the side of evil rather than for good like she always wanted. While I think of this ironical fate, an idea sprung inside of my head as I chuckle quite amusing as I gently put my hand on my face while it covers my eyes and soon a plan was born from this little chatter with that woman. 

"You don't have any no clue at the strong desire to keep living for someone, don't you?" I spoke. 

My hand moves away like the wind aside as my glare look sharp while extending my open palm to used that dark orb slumber inside my body and remembering that sphere inside of me the whole time. If Saffy had the light side of good then, I have the dark side of good which was the key to breaking that barrier of her. The sound of grunt escapes my lips as I have a bit of trouble summoning that pitch-black orb hovering in my arm while I smile at Sizouze

"Even with Saffy's memories inside your collective consciousness...." I pant. 

My breathing became heavy as I finally brought this "gift" into my palm to only firmly break with my palm to break it apart and slowly corrupting my entire arm to become a dark, shadowy arm with sharp fingers. The sound of pain could be heard softly as my right arm is changing to stop her from causing damage to the whole town and more importantly, my girlfriend. 

"You don't know that I want to live and have a future with Saffy!" Vergil exclaim. 

I open my palm as I quickly dash toward Sizouze to see the pesky barrier appearing again to stop anything but this time, one slash was enough to pass through to break it apart with my might. A leap came after as I aim my sharp claws into her body and cause some damage to her. 

"W-what is this?  No son of man should be able to pierce my holy barrier...unless..." Sizouze said until she took notice of Vergil's shadowy arm.  "The unclean powers of the darkness.  I understand now.  You have no place in the holy land after death.  I shall sentence you to the land of the dead for all eternity, unclean filth." Sizouze added, opening up her monstrous hand and building up a large ball of light.  Despite being a ball of light, it was covered with a veil of darkness.  As Sizouze charged her attack, the strange space that the battle was taking place in began to revert to reality, but only for a moment.

I noticed the space around us began to shift into reality as my time is limited before this thing escapes into the world outside and cause some major damage so I have to beat this Nightmare quick if possible. With the barrier gone, I have one last shot to end this battle before it is too late to save billions of people's life and charge my shadowy arm with a familiar dark orb building in my palm. 

"I won't lose, I can't lose to you! I will save Saffy and stop you from harming others!" I yell. 

My eyes glare at Sizouze as my pitch-black orb was ready to go against her will and charge while I yell to make these two orb clash and determine the fate of the entire world with this single spout of will. Even so, I want to win because I have something I have to atone for and nothing will stop me from doing so! 

"Is that truly what you believe, unclean one?  The desire to live for someone?  Saving a soul who willingly gave herself up?  You spout endless nonsense like the unclean filth you are, and for that, I shall take great pleasure in erasing you from this world.  Prepare to return to the land of death you belong in!" Sizouze called out, her usual calm facade broken and making her sound like the monster she really was.  When her ball of light and darkness was built up, she spread her wings and charged at Vergil, holding out her orb towards his.  She knew they would clash, and the results could possibly be devastating due to the combined force of Sizouze's light and Vergil's darkness.  "Lady Sizouze!" one of the angels called out before shortly being shot in the head, it's helmet falling off it's head as it's body faded away, leaving a red stone behind.  "No interruptions.  Let the kid have his moment.  I'll be taking the prize, though." the woman said.

"I do believe in Saffy! She is far strong than you may think and you sway her with despair while she was vulnerable. Now, I will end this charade once and for all to prove you wrong!" I shout. 

I noticed Sizouze dashing blindly toward me as her dark and light sphere was extending for the kill as I soon follow her lead without any hesitation in mind. The sheer pressure began to build as I approach her as this could be our last move that determines the fate of Saffy and at that moment, I use my psychokinesis to push me toward her. Our sphere meet with loud echoes of a clash as I grunt at her power but even so, I wanted to save Saffy from her self and I push through no matter what it takes, even if it cost my life to save her and the people around here. The feel of my hand becoming numb was there but my strong will made me ignore it as I push forward against her and seeing Saffy inside those glaring eyes of Sizouze. 

"I won't lose, I will give up my life to protect this place, this town and most importantly, Saffron." 

Despite the struggle, I am currently facing, a smile appears as I thought about dying again, ironically but this time, I will die as a hero rather than a failure to protect my girlfriend. 

Edited by lVergill

"She knew her place in this world.  She chose to become an angel of the fall.  You unclean one, wishing to take away her wishes.  I shall-" Sizouze tried to say until she was stopped by a sudden pain in her left arm.  Because she was focused on trying to overpower Vergil, she couldn't see that she had been shot at with a handgun.  Sizouze's angel minions had been dealt with, their helmets left behind after their destruction since their heads were their only weak point.  "Sorry, fallen angel, but you aren't starting any more problems in my town.  Finish her off, kid!" the woman called out.  Sizouze let out a low growl, but the woman's words and gunfire at her defenseless form was weakening her attack.  "I...shall not let this end like this.  We will find and destroy you, unclean one.  By destroying me here, you shall become an enemy of all the angels of ruin.  Count on your life's end at their hands, unclean one!" Sizouze said even though she knew she was quickly losing her advantage, but she tried to keep up a confidant facade to make it seem like she still had another trick up her sleeve.

Meanwhile, deep within the bottomless darkness that was within Sizouze, Saffron was alone in a room of darkness.  She was sitting on the floor against what seemed like a wall while a voice echoed through the room.  Saffron tried to block out the voice by covering her ears with her hands, but the voice was also in her head, talking about her weakness and lack of trust in males due to the bad experience she had during her summer job last year.  Standing in front of her was her Nightmare due to, despite taking Saffron's body in order to become the angel of the fall, was still Saffron's inner negativity given form.  "You hear the voices, do you not?  You see the visions of the past in your mind like a movie, right?  Wouldn't it be easier if all of those men just died?  The ones who said such horrid things to you.  They made you cry.  They made you sick of your own body.  You became afraid of them, and over time, that fear boiled into hatred, didn't it?  Admit it.  You hate men, don't you?  You want them all to burn." Nightmare Saffron said.  "Please...stop doing this." Saffron quietly tried to say, but her Nightmare simply laughed.  "You idiot.  I'm not at the reigns anymore.  The power of the angel of the fall has surpassed what I took from you.  The real Sizouze's essence has taken over, and it will consume what remains of your soul once your little boyfriend is dead." Nightmare Saffron said, shaking her head when Saffron slowly looked up at her.  "You said you wouldn't hurt him." Saffron said.  "That's what I said.  Seems the almighty angel of the fall sees him as a problem and wants him gone.  You humans simply think of us Nightmares as mere monsters who need to be destroyed." Nightmare Saffron replied.  Saffron was a bit confused by what her Nightmare said, slowly standing up.  She was only able to take a few steps before falling to her knees.  "Do you feel your life fading to nothing?  Sizouze is consuming what remains of your soul as we speak.  You will never be saved, even if that idiot beats Sizouze." Nightmare Saffron said.  "Vergil...isn't an idiot." Saffron weakly said, slowly getting back on her feet.  "Vergil is strong.  Much stronger than I could ever hope to be.  He'll find a way to survive." Saffron said, turning towards her Nightmare when she heard her growl.  "Where is this sudden positivity coming from?  You gave up your very life to protect that idiot, and now you're spouting stupid nonsense.  You're screwed, don't you get it?!" Nightmare Saffron questioned while the original shook her head.  "No.  I know he can win." Saffron said, ignoring her Nightmare's harsh words.

I became shocked to see the woman causing a distraction to Sizouze as I open my eyes to see her and giving me the sign to finish this battle for the sake of my own goal. A smile as I let a scuff as I hear her word of confident on my me and shaking my head to not let my own negativity get the best of me just yet. I grit my teeth as I slowly push my hand holding the dark sphere toward the struggling angel who was still babbling about a certain someone's fate but I ignore such thing since my main focus is to save Saffy and make her happy. 

"I don't care who I fight, you or the entire world, just don't ever underestimate us!" I yell. 

A let a roar of cry as I push forward to easily overtake her will with my own and letting the dark sphere hit her body which made a rather large dark explosion near her while it engulfs both of us. Any other Nightmare in the perimeter were swallowed by the growing explosion and causing major damage to anyone inside of the explosion beside me. I kneel down in the floor as my breathing became heavy from the usage of this power to my limit while my eyes look down at the floor and the smoke became visible in the area due to the explosion. A weak smile appears on my face as I lack the energy to even speak right now but, I was happy that I defeat her and I am shocked that I survive that encounter. The thought of seeing Saffy once again made me quite happy to live another day with this new profound power attach to his mortal body and wanted to see her again to give her a warm hug. 

As the smoke cleared, Sizouze wasn't in good shape.  Her wings were broken and her black feathers were slowly burning up.  Slowly, she managed to pull herself back on her feet, but her heavy breathing and injuries suggested that she couldn't fight back anymore, especially since her bow was broken in the explosion and her right arm was broken.  She let out a low growl as she looked at Vergil, but before she spoke, she fell to her knees, coughing up black blood.  "I...cannot believe this.  Losing to unclean filth like you.  But...this is not the end.  I shall return, and the angels of ruin shall...destroy you and all of the unclean ones in this world of man." Sizouze said as her body began to fade away into nothing.  "The world of man...will be remade." Sizouze added before she disappeared completely, leaving behind an unconscious Saffron and a diamond sized red stone.  With Sizouze gone, the area returned to how it should be.  In the place of all the defeated Nightmares were small red stones while Sizouze's angels left bigger ones.  "Well, that was something you don't see every day." the woman mumbled to herself, making her way over to the unconscious Saffron.  She didn't wake up at all, but at the very least, she was still breathing.  She reached out towards the stone left behind by Sizouze and picked it up.  "Hey, don't just stand over there looking stupid!  Get these two in the car and down to the station!" the woman shouted to a man who was standing near his car.  The man let out a low sigh and ran over to go and get Saffron.  While he was doing that, the woman made her way over to Vergil, extending her hand to him.  "You did good, kid.  My partner will bring you down to the police station.  We have some things to talk about, and some of it involves your comatose girlfriend over there." the woman said.

I only smirk at Sizouze's final words as she disappears from this world as the plane of our dimension return back to normal while leaving some strange red diamond which made him question their sudden appearance and gasping to see Saffy. My body moves a bit before I became unable to do anything as my legs were numb and heavy which made me a bit angry not approaching my girlfriend while she was unconscious. Still, A sight of relief escapes my lips as I see her chest rising and falling from the breathing which made me quite happy to see her alive with me. Even so, the sudden appearance of a man grabbing made me angry since I didn't know them but the familiar woman that help me approach me and lend me a hand as she extends her arm to help me get up. My eyes stare at her hand as she explains the situation and the future outcome we will have to deal them since they are probably curious as to our power like anyone would. 

"Fine, just make sure Saffy is alright and I want to go with her to make sure she is safe.." I pant. 

I took her hand to lift myself which was quite difficult at first but I manage to lift myself as my breathing became panting now and I could speak once again but, my body was still a wreck from fighting Sizouze. I am no shape to fight or refuse her demand so I just follow her direction in the meantime while I would check on my girlfriend's health since that's what is more important here for me.