The Life’s Struggles [Vergil x ~Ava-chan~]

I frown to see Yui forcing a warm smile to accompany with a laugh which made me feel a bit worried about her well-being and grabbing her warm hand which was something my body reacting. I could easily tell her my feelings for her but I couldn't, my words became trap in my throat and the sadness in her eyes made me feel doubts about this going right. 

I smile, "Come on Yui, let's talk about this alone and walk for a while together. It will make you feel better if you have someone listen to your problems." I explain. 

“O-Of course, that sound splendid.” I smile, as I chuckle nervously.

Yui did sound a bit better at my plan but I had to keep thinking that me and Yui don’t belong with each other. I felt a bit sad as I realized that while I put my hands in my pockets and feeling my heart heavy as I am sure someone will love her back.

Yui walk me to the river as we reach the bridges that connects the two streets and look over the river underneath us. I glance at a calm Yui who has no worry from seeing this scenery and joining her as I took my distance.

”Yui, why don’t you find someone you love? It will make all those love letter disappear from your shoulder and pick the one you think it’s right.” I ask.

“Then don’t you have some that you love and trust? You must have someone that you like or at least have some affection?” I spoke.

I sigh to see Yui looking a bit sad since this problem is happening to her lately and she feeling a bit down from having no one to trust with her love. I look at the glitter river below as I wait for Yui to recover and became worry about her health regarding with love.

I became a bit taken back by her questions directed to me this time and couldn’t face Yui’s eyes as I do have someone.

”Well...that’s...I do have someone that I love and it would make me happy to have her but, it is foolish to think like this.” I answer, struggling.

Yui shakes her head at his reply "See. Even though you like someone, you have so much hurt inside when you think about it. I'd rather avoid that, especially if it's with some boy who has to confess through a letter."

She digs in her bag, and pull out the stack of letters, and she holds them loosely in her hands. A gust of wind blows them out of her hands and they flutter down into the river.

I hear Yui’s advice as she let all of those love letter flow with the wind and slowly drift away from us as I gulp at my next comment.

”What if someone told you, in person, that they love you? Would you consider the offer or are you going to reject them.” I spoke, seriously.

I look at Yui with confidence as this could be the time for that and I didn’t mind her answer since I wanted her to be happy above all else.

I remain silent as I watch the sad Yui staring down the letter slowly going deep into the river while people seeing her as a mere toy of pleasure rather than her lovable personality accompany with a smile. My body instinctively turns to her side as I felt my heart throb with a rush of excitement as my mouth begone to open and finally revealing my feelings to her at long last. 

"Yui, I love you..." I softly spoke. 

I could feel the wind blowing hard as I mention my feelings to her since I really care for her and Yui being the only girl I care about the most in my class. 

Yui turns to face Vergil, the wind fluttering her hair around her head. She uses her hand to push her hair out of her face, and her lips quiver as she takes a step toward him. Her voice is caught in her throat, and it begins to bubble out until it finally bursts out.

In a boisterous laugh. Yui covers her mouth, and turns away as she holds her side as she continues to let her frustrations fly away.

"Huh? Why are you laughing!?" I blush.

I angrily spoke as I felt embarrassed to turn down and even worse as Yui laugh at me for doing that since she probably thinks she was beyond my limit which was probably true. I scuff as I look at the river as the temptation to jump over so I couldn't feel ashamed of this moment nor to face Yui like this became almost so good to do it.  

Yui's laughter slows as she takes another step forward, and wraps her arms around the boy. Her body quivers with each stifled laugh. She leans close to his ear and through her chuckles says "Thanks Vergil, I really needed that. All this talk about lovey dovey stuff just isn't me. I never pegged you for such a sarcastic guy!" 

“Haha, very funny Yui...” I pout.

I lean over the rail as Yui didn’t take my confession seriously which was a relief to hear but I was still angry at her cold laugh which made me think otherwise. I was mad but her arms around me made feel at ease and glaring down at the river trying to not look at her directly since I was still mad.

Yui wipes the tears from her eyes and sighs, her laughing fit complete. She pats Vergil on the back. "I guess one day I will find someone I really do like, so don't feel bad." She comforts him, assuming that he still thinks that if she finds a boyfriend everything will magically improve for her.

Yui looks over at the street and sees a sign for a cafe. "Hey, do you want to get something to drink?" She asks tugging his sleeve.

I felt Yui tug on my sleeve to make me turn to see a Cafe nearby one which did sound good about now after the little stunt she just pulls and the laughter that I will never let her drop from this point on. Regardless of the circumstance, I will stay following her side even if she didn't understand my feelings and hope she does find someone that will improve her mood. 

"Sure, I was really craving for something to drink. After you, Yui." I answer. 

I lean back from the rail as I felt a bit composure but still feeling a bit grumpy but continue to make sure Yui was alright and it seems she was feeling a lot better than previously.

We sprinted toward the Cafe as Yui grab my head to take our seat outside of the building and ordering our own drink while we enjoy the view of the setting sun from the horizon. I sip on my ice coffee to hear Yui speaking about my sudden boldness to speak with the most popular girl in school since I wasn't very talkative and especially not her during class or outside in fact. 

"I didn't, I just follow what happens with the map things as a little push to finally talk to you and after noticing your little problem, I wanted to help you." I explain.

I became a bit surprised to see Yui interested on someone which was quite something to see and I look at my coffee to think of an answer to give her.

”I just study or hang out with friends most of the time.” I reply, ”What about you? Beside rejecting people everyday?” I smile.

Yui taps her cup as she rattles off her busy schedule. "Well during the week I usually spend a few hours after school studying, maybe go to karaoke with some of the girls from school. On Sundays I have tutoring in the morning, but mostly just end up studying the rest of the day too. Not much time for any hobbies really, but I do like to dance if I have time to."