Tainted Blood {ShuyaHideaki x Neptune}

Description: This roleplay is the origin story of Linus and Aelius and how they came to be Hagorath instead of normal humans. It will begin for the moment of their turning, and thus at the beginning much of their profile is invalid. They shall begin as normal humans and be made into these supernatural creatures.

Participant(s):

large.f34e91bc5a28616e0e5a3d35c30642bd.j

@ShuyaHideaki {Linus}

large.Aelius-1.jpg.eae19adddb2f4c5f662b4

@Neptune {Aelius}

Edited by Neptune
Added some content (With permission from Shuya)

• Community Administrator

Why are you so insistent on this?” Aelius’ father growled, his eyebrows creasing as he frowned down at his son. Aelius looked up, studying his father. The perfect military general. Even though he was not in his armour, he looked every inch a military man from the way that he sat up straight and his posture was still in a disciplined manner. His expression was threatening, even if he wasn’t intending it to. His hair was black, and perfectly cropped, his skin tanned and piercing brown eyes, to give the appearance of a proud warrior. He was the exact opposite of Aelius, who took after his mother with her pale skin and hair like sunlight, and his sky blue eyes that seemed to see through everything before him. Aelius also lacked the body, as he was more lithe than muscular. He was also completely disinterested in fighting. It was why he was going to be married off to a woman he didn’t even know, let alone love. His father was using him to gain advantage for the family, and there was nothing Aelius could say about it. His father was Master of the Family. He had to obey, or be disowned and cast out to fend for himself. Still, it wasn’t too bad really. It wasn’t as if he was required to love his future wife. Just give an alliance. He had absolutely no intention of remaining faithful to her.

He drew in a deep breath as he tried to organise his thoughts, “Father… I don’t expect you to really understand. But it’s where the locals are hiding some of their knowledge, and I want to get my hands on it before you move in and burn everything down. Remember in the last town, I found that book that gave clues to some treasure? What if there is something like this here?” He said, his tone entreating as he tried to convince the older man.

The General’s frown deepened, and for a few moments Aelius was concerned that he would refuse. But his father sat back, breathing out through his nose as he stared at his young son for several moments. He then let out a soft grunt, “Fine. Fine… I will let you go. But you’re not going alone.” He said. Aelius went to protest but his father held up a hand and years of habit made the words freeze on Aelius’ lips. The General then went on to say, “I am going to send Linus with you. He’s the only one that I trust with your safety.”

Aelius doubted that his father really cared for his personal safety, but there was no way he was going to protest that. Linus was the one person he was going to ask to come with him so that they could get away from everyone and take their time. He gave a nod of his head, “Yes, father.”

“Good.” The General said, pulling a piece of parchment towards him as he picked up his quill, before scribbling a note, a summons to Linus. Once he had done, he rolled up the piece of parchment and sealed it with his personal seal. He then called out, “Servant!” A moment later, a meek looking servant entered the room, “Yes, My Lord?” He asked in a servile tone.

“Make sure this gets to Captain Linus.” The General ordered. The servant took the parchment before bowing and leaving the room. Aelius looked at his father, who said, “We will wait here for him.” Aelius gave a silent nod, impatient to be off, but knowing that being patient just for a little while would get him what he wanted either way without angering his father. So he sat back, as they waited for Linus to come.

It only took a few moments for Linus to arrive. His long, dark hair flowed behind him with his valiant and confident strides. His shoulders were pulled back to emphasize the fair amount of muscle that he had on his chest. At first glance, Linus looked nothing like a warrior, with his seemingly effeminate face and his thin frame. It was the way that he walked and the deep glare in his hazel eyes that let others know exactly who they were dealing with.

As he stands before the general, he gives a courteous bow before straightening and glancing between the General and Aelius. A kind smile was brought to Linus' thin lips as his eyes met the light blue of Aelius' orbs. He looked to the General before a completely serious, almost malevolent look returned to plague his facial features. He places one hand on his hips and stares dead on into the eyes of the General

"You summoned me, sir?"

The General looked up at Linus, his brown eyes flicking to the hand on the hips before he locked eyes with Linus and said, “I did, Captain. My son wants to go to the local village and collect some of their writings. I’m not pleased with it, but he is adamant. But I will not let him go alone. Thus I am ordering you to accompany him. It will be your job and duty to keep him safe, and to bring him back alive and unharmed. I hope I make myself clear, Captain.”

Aelius really wished that his father would not speak about him as if he was a child. He was by rights an adult now. But he was biting his words back because he didn’t want him to be assigned another guard. Linus was the only one he wanted. The only person he trusted. By now his skin was itching to get out of here and get going. He stood up out of his chair, causing the General’s gaze to move to him and say, “And I hope that you do not spend too much time away. You are a valuable asset to the House and you have a duty to your family.” Aelius had to fight a bitter scowl from forming around his lips as he bowed to the General, “Yes, father.” He said, straightening and glancing at Linus, relaying to his dearest lover the inner frustration he was feeling.

He nodded at the command that he was given. It would mean that he finally had some more alone time with Aelius, which would prove to be fruitful for their secret relationship. He bows once more before looking towards Aelius. He turned on the heel of his left foot, the sword on his left hip swinging in an arc with his motion. He stopped before starting to walk, looking over his shoulder towards the boy that he'd be accompanying.

"If that is your wish, then I shall fulfill it, General. You have my word that I will return him, safe and sound. Come Aelius, and let us go."

The tone of his voice was towards Aelius was slightly commanding, but he had figured out how to make it so that no one but Aelius would understand the true meaning behind the tone. The true meaning of the want and command that he had over Aelius sexually. His eyes gleamed gently towards the boy as a small smile threatened to yank at the corner of his delicate lips.

“Thank you, Captain. You are the only one that I trust with my son's life.” The General said. Aelius turned away from his father, rolling his blue eyes up slightly but otherwise betrayed no other signs of irritation. Instead, he murmured back at Linus in acceptance of the order, “Yes, Captain.” He looked up at Linus, seeing that subtle twitch at the corner of his lips, and it almost made a smile appear on his own lips. There was nothing he wanted to do more than to kiss those delicious lips of his dark haired lover. He moved towards the door of the study and opened it up so that the two of them could step out and close the door behind them. Despite their need to be open with one another, they had to continue to carefully side step and speak almost in code as the house was still filled with Aelius’ family and the scores of servants that they had.

“We should get some provisions. I can take care of that… can you go and take care of the horses. I want to leave as soon as possible.” Aelius said, relaying his sense of impatience and the desire to be alone with Linus. If they split the two tasks, they will be on the road sooner rather than later and the more they could enjoy each others company.

Linus turns and bows once more, flattered by the words of the General before he walked out of the doors. He shuddered softly at the feeling of being alone with the blond haired boy once more. As they walked through the corridors, the many members of the family and some of the servants gave a curious glance into their direction before turning and going back to their previous tasks.

"Yes, it seems that would be the best option."

And with that, he parted ways with Aelius once they neared their separate destinations. Linus took long, almost exaggerated strides towards the stables, readying the steeds before bringing them out and waiting for Aelius. 

Edited by ShuyaHideaki
Wrong name D:

Aelius paused when Linus started moving away, his blue eyes lingering on Linus as he tried to see as much of him as possible. But when the figure had gone, he turned and headed towards the kitchens where he picked out some saddlebags and filled them with food such as bread, cheese, dried meat as well as seasonings. He also picked up some cooking pots, since he fancied having a stew that night at camp. There was no way he was not going to make an overnight thing with this. He also stole a wineskin, so that they could both enjoy a drink as well. It had been a while since they had spent any real time with one another, and Aelius wanted to make as much of this as possible. He threw the bags over his shoulders before he left the kitchen and heading out of one of the side doors that were near the stables, where he spotted Linus with a couple of horses. He couldn’t help the boyish grin that came to his lips,

“I’ve gotten enough for a few days.” He said as he handed one of the bags to Linus, before putting his own on his own horse, which snorted and pawed at the ground in an impatient manner. Aelius then pulled himself up, throwing his leg over so that he settled comfortably on the horse. As he looked over at Linus, he felt a flutter of excitement in his stomach, as he couldn’t wait to get going. He picked up his reigns, patting the neck of the horse which again snorted impatiently as they waited for Linus to mount up.

As Aelius arrived with the food, Linus gave him a kind, loving smile. He waited for Aelius to climb up on top of his mount to make sure that his young lover didn't need any help before climbing onto his own steed. He chuckled at the impatient hooves pawing at the soil beneath with anticipation. He made sure that everyone and everything was situated and accounted for before patting the rump of the black beast that he rode upon. The horse began moving at a casual pace, allowing Linus to make sure that Aelius was either right next to or behind him

"You're always exceptional with packing provisions, so I wouldn't doubt if we had enough to last a week~ Sadly, not that it'll take us that long..."

As they traveled, Linus couldn't help but give a few glances towards Aelius and to let his pale hazel eyes roam over his lover's body. He had only seen his body unclothed a few times before, but he definitely wished to see it more than ever. He gripped the reigns and sighed. They were only a few miles away from the base, so they shouldn't be seen if they made a small stop, would they?

"Oi, Aelius. Let's make a little stop, shall we?~" 

The suggestive tone in his voice let Aelius know exactly what he was thinking. The trail that they were going through was filled with dense forest, and Linus knew that he would have no problems getting them out. He pulled on the reigns of the horse, forcing it to a stop as the horse let out a soft whinny of disapproval

“Mm~ I wish.” Aelius said with a chuckle in response to Linus’ compliment before the two of them moved out. The young man kept glancing over his shoulder as they moved out of the occupied down and out into the countryside. The air felt cleaner, and he felt much more relaxed when he was here with Linus. He felt as if he could be himself, something that was impossible when under the thumb of his father. He often tried not even thinking about his marriage, because it was something he was not looking forward to. He turned his blue eyes to Linus, watching the way that the older man studied him which made Aelius smile and return the same hungry gaze as his hands were itching to touch Linus. To feel his naked skin under his grip. Linus was the one that had captured his head, not that bimbo that he was being forced to marry.

When Linus pulled his horse to a stop, Aelius pulled his mount to a stop beside him, ignoring the indignant snort from the horse. He looked at Linus before looking around at the forest around them before he turned back towards Linus with a grin, “I think it’s the perfect spot for a little rest.” He said in agreement, knowing exactly what Linus was after. He wasted no time in swinging down from the horse and pulling it off of the trail, leading the way off of it so that if any travellers did come by, they wouldn’t he noticed. Aelius spotted a nice dense area of bushes which would provide them with privacy. He used the reigns of his horse to tie it to one of the nearby trees so that it would not run off, while he waited impatiently for Linus to do the same.

Linus followed Aelius into the dense, bushed area before dismounting and tying his horse to the tree as well. Linus pulled Aelius further into the the wooded area. It takes a short while, but they eventually find something that looks like a large lake with a fairly decent sized island in the middle of it. Strange, it wasn't visible from the roof of the base, which it clearly should have been at this size. It left him unsettled, but also fairly excited. A secret area hidden away from view of any area that he could have fun with? Perfect~

He looks at Aelius with an adventurous grin before walking to the edge of the lake. He looks through the crystal clear waters, seeing that he could see straight to the bottom of the lake where there were several small species of fish swimming around, and then looks up to the rather large island in the middle.

"Hey, are you up for a swim, Aelius?~"

Aelius felt a sense of adventurous excitement as his friend and lover lead him further away from the horses, to ensure their privacy. When they came across the lake, Aelius paused and frowned lightly as he looked out across the crystal clear water. He did not remember seeing this lake on any maps he had been studying when looking for an excuse for this trip so that he could have privacy with Linus. How was this missed? His sky blue eyes turned towards Linus as his friend looked at him with an adventurous grin before walking to the edge of the lake. Aelius followed him over and stood at the edge of the water as well, looking into its crystal clear depths. 

At the question, Aelius knelt down and let his hand fall into the water. It was cold, but not freezing. In fact it was very pleasant. He smiled as he stood back up, “I would love a swim, my love.” He said, feeling a shiver of excitement as those words left his mouth. Words that he had not been able to utter in so long. Words that were considered naughty. Feelings that were considered naughty. Due to the pressures of the society they lived in, and the expectations on both of them, neither of them were allowed to express what is truly in their heart. He reached up, giving Linus a rather coy look out of the corner of his eyes as he stripped himself down so completely that he was standing naked in front of the taller male. He then gave a grin before he waddled into the water, shuddering slightly as the cool liquid swirled around his naked body before he turned around and made a ‘come hither’ motion to Linus, looking up at his lover with a seductive smile, “Come and joint my, my love.” He purred softly.

Linus watched as Aelius tested the water. He smiles at the words that leave Aelius' mouth before his lover starts to strip his own clothing off of his body. Linus follows suit and folds his clothes before setting them on the shore. He wades in after Aelius, following the 'come hither' motion made by his lover's forefinger. He quickly wades forward, feeling the cool water ripple around his limbs as he moves forwards. Linus continues until he within inches of Linus, pulling him into his arms and falling backwards into the waist high water.

Under the water, Linus presses his lips gently against Aelius', locking the younger male in a passionate embrace. Linus smiles and releases Aelius after a moment, finally feeling dizzy from holding his breath for so long. He pulls Aelius above the water as well and shakes out his hair, his long locks flipping around his face as he chuckled softly

• 2 weeks later...

Aelius couldn’t help but to let a giggle escape him as he felt arms wrapping around him, before he was pulled forwards into the water. He could feel the cool liquid swirling around them, before he felt familiar lips against his own. The contact caused him to melt, as the stress that had been building up over the last few months seemed to disappear. At last he could be himself and that was the biggest freedom he had ever been given in life. And it was a freedom that only Linus could give him. In his view of the world, Linus was the most important person in existence.

When they were pulled out of the water, Aelius let out an open and free laugh, not forced or let out in a specific manner like he normally had to. He lifted his hand up, pulling his blonde locks back and away from his face. He then wrapped his arms around Linus’ throat and gave him a devious little smile. He leaned forwards, pressing their bodies together, a fact that almost made him groan from the sheer pleasure of feeling the flesh of Linus against his own. He leaned forwards, giving Linus a light, chaste kiss. He then purred softly, “It seems that we’re alone… in the middle of nowhere… it seems that almost anything could happen…” He then leaned closer, pressing his lips against Linus in a light, tender kiss. He closed his eyes, blocking out the world around them. All that was important to him in this single moment was Linus, the man that had neatly captured his heart and kept it prisoner.

"So it seems that we are~"

He was only able to get those few words out before Aelius had placed that loving kiss on his lips. Linus' heart fluttered, and he melted beneath the cold, hard exterior that he donned. As they kissed, he slowly pulled Aelius into the deeper parts of the water, where they were barely able to keep contact with the soft lake floor with just the tips of their toes. He wanted for some reason, so desperately, to take Aelius to that island, the island in the middle of this lake that neither of them had noticed on the maps or from the base. Regretfully breaking the kiss, he made up for his action by placing a gentle peck on Aelius' lips between his words.

"Let's head to that island. It'll be fun to explore some, now won't it? After all, we do have plenty of time~"

He smiles and looks at Aelius in the eyes, a sense of adventure flaring up in them as he began to float on his back with Aelius on top of him. Even if Aelius knew how to swim, it still felt fitting to be his young lover's personal raft.

Aelius allowed himself to be pulled deeper into the lake. He wasn’t scared. He knew how to swim, after all and not only that but he had Linus with him. Linus would never allow anything bad to happen to Aelius. He felt completely safe when with his lover. He felt himself completely relaxing against the other man. He whimpered softly when Linus pulled away from the kiss, but fell silent when he got an apologetic peck on the lips. At his lovers words, Aelius looked over at the small island, even as Linus acted almost like a raft for him. He then grinned and said, “That does sound like fun… No one has been that island before as far as I can tell. I’ve never heard it mentioned, nor is it in any maps. We would be the first!” He felt a little flare of excitement at that, to be the first to actually see something in this new land. He pressed himself against Linus, his head coming forwards to kiss at Linus’ chin, “You make a good raft.” He then commented.

Linus smiles and continues to move them towards the island, soon making it after a few moments of being a human raft. He keeps them afloat long enough to lift Aelius up onto the island, quickly following after. God, was it so exciting to adventure into the unknown, to see and feel things that no one had before. Hell,Aelius could eve map the island if so pleased. He takes a small step inland, feeling the cold sand beneath his feet despite how warm it should be with the sun hanging directly overhead. Such an odd little little island... He wanted to see more of it, and he turned to Aelius with a small smile.

"I'm ready whenever you are, love~"

He smiles and stands in a pose that one would see a mannequin using in the modern world. His hazel eyes flashed gently as he looked at his smaller blonde lover. He grins and looks up towards the treas that dotted the island, colors of dark green, light green, and even some cherry trees. It certainly was one of the most interesting islands he'd ever been privileged to set eyes upon.

Aelius enjoyed the short little trip on top of Linus. It allowed him to calmly observe their surroundings. One thing he found a little odd was the lack of water fowl. Usually he would expect a place like this to be absolutely full of them. When they arrived at the island, he let himself fall off of Linus before he stood up and strode into the small beach. He came to a stop, looking down at the sand between his toes before he looked a little confused. Sand? On an island in the middle of a lake? He had never heard of such a thing before. He looked up and around, seeming to ignore Linus’ comment about being ready when he was. After several moments, he turned around and looked back at Linus, 

“My love… I don’t think this island is a natural thing. I mean… sand, on a lake beach? That’s a little unusual, don’t you think?” He asked, before turning and walking up the beach towards the foliage. He came to a pause, staring at what he thought was a blackberry bush however there was something odd about it. The leaves were not the correct shape. They seemed warped, and just felt wrong. Aelius reached out and plucked off one of the blackberries which he looked at closely. It looked like a normal blackberry. He sniffed it, but found that it smelt the same as well. However when he bit into it, he had to spit it back out as it was extremely bitter. He then looked back at Linus, “This… is a very unusual island. Should we go back… or explore some more?” He asked. While not adventurous like his lover, Aelius had a streak of curiousity a mile wide in him and he was dying to explore further but he wouldn’t if Linus didn’t want to. But this place was nagging at him, and he wanted to find out what was wrong with this strange and mysterious island.

Linus looks around for a few moments before deciding to answer Aelius. His instincts were screaming at him to turn and leave, but he never went by instinct alone. He was curious, and he wanted to find out what the deal was here as much as little Aelius. He shudders softly as a strange, cold chill runs through his body. He turns and gives Aelius a small grin, his hazel eyes flashing with a thirst that could only be quelled by the adventure that he was about to drag Aelius on.

"Of course, it's unusual... I don't think that I've ever seen sand on a lake beach... I would like to explore more, but that's up to you, love~"

Linus takes a cautious step forward on the warm sand, his heart beginning to beat quickly with a strange excitement filling his body. He had no idea what was going on, and he wanted so bad to figure it out. He takes Aelius' hand and pulls him close to his own body and behind him so that Linus could act as a shield for Aelius if anything were to attack them.

• 1 month later...

The corner of Aelius’ lips curved in a smile when Linus took his hand. He found the grip comforting, because he knew that no matter what happened, Linus would be able to protect him and he knew he wouldn’t do it simply because his father, the General, ordered him to. He tilted his head, straining his ears as he tried to listen to their surroundings but he wasn’t able to hear anything. Not even the sweet chirping of the birds or the hum of insects which was extremely unusual around such a body of water. He looked out across the lake, looking at the reflected light of the sun off of the small waves that made it appear as if there was a layer of beaten gold on top of the water. He turned back to his lover and said,

“I do want to explore more. This island is very strange. My instincts tell me to run, but my natural curiousity is telling me to look more.” Aelius said, using his grip on Linus’ hand to pull him further into the trees which shaded them from the light of the sun. He was careful as to where he was putting his feet, as he was well aware that being naked as they were left them vulnerable to a number of small hurts that clothes protected them from. He continued to try and listen out for anything out of the ordinary, but the air was completely still. He suddenly stopped, looking around with a faint front, 

“Linus… is it just me, or does everything feel… frozen? I don’t hear any birds, no insects… I feel no wind nor do I near the wind in the trees. Almost as if everything has completely frozen in time.” He said, the airs on the back of his neck rising at that thought. Everything just felt so surreal, he couldn’t describe it. Instinctually, he stepped closer to Linus, shivering. He then felt as if there was something glaring into the back of his head, but when he turned around he couldn’t see anything. But the feeling that they were being watched remained, “Linus? I think we’re being watched…” He said in a soft voice.

• Love 1

Linus follows after Aelius, getting an uneasy feeling about how peaceful everything was. When they stopped, he looked around, feeling the same stare at the back of his head. He didn't want to turn around, but he hesitantly shifted the angle of his head so that he could see behind him out of the corner of his eyes. He pulls Aelius even closer to him as Aelius moves to be in the safety of Linus' protection.

"I feel it too... I should've brought my sword just in case..."

He gives a slightly involuntary twitch, something that only happens when he feels threatened. He clenches his jaw and continues to look around before taking Aelius' hand and beginning to pull him in the direction that they had come from.

He leads Aelius for what seems like forever, but is unable to find the shore that they had come from. He growls in annoyance before turning around to try and find another angle to in to see if they could reach the shore that way. He leads Aelius in all sorts of different directions until he stops to catch his breath. He shakes his head and squeezes Aelius' hand tightly as a sudden bog of mist begins to roll in from all sides.

"I promise that I'll get you out of here..."

Aelius nodded his agreement to Linus statement about the sword. He didn’t trust himself to answer, because his voice seemed to have stuck in his throat. He was beginning to regret coming to this island to explore it. His gut was screaming at him, that something wrong was going to happen and that they should get off this island as soon as possible. He made absolutely no protest when Linus began to drag him, pulling him forwards the shore however no matter how far they walked they were not able to stumble upon it despite the fact that Aelius knew that this was the direction that they had come from and they had only walked for a few minutes. It was becoming very clear that this was not a natural island.

By the time Linus stopped pulling at him, Aelius was panting slightly with a light sheen of sweet. He looked around, watching as the mist rolled in bringing with it a sharp chill that quickly cooled him down. He shivered and moved closer to Linus, squeezing his hand back. Despite not outwardly showing it, he was scared. But at the same time, he felt so safe with Linus, and knew that Linus would do everything he could to protect him. He nodded his head slightly,

“I… I know, my love. I trust you. I have faith in you.” Aelius mumbled softly, flinching as a new sound began to pervert the air around them. A cackling laugh that started softly, before getting louder with each passing moment. Aelius looked around as the feeling of being watched intensified. Out of the thick mist flew a bird he had never seen before. It appeared to be some kind of owl, however it was white in colour. It flew on silent wings, ghosting through the air to land on the branch of a tree before turning its large, golden eyes towards them. The eerie feeling that bird gave Aelius made the hair rise on the back of his neck, as the creature had a superstitious feeling to it.

The cackling grew louder around them, giving Aelius the feeling that they were being laughed at by someone unseen. He ground his teeth together, not liking the feeling in the slightest. As the laughing began to reach its peak, he demanded in a loud shout, “WHO ARE YOU!? AND WHAT DO YOU WANT!?” The cackling laughter stopped all of a sudden, and silence pervaded the air. The strange bird stretched its wings, letting out a high pitched screech that felt like a knife against raw nerves. Aelius really didn’t like this, and he wanted to get the fuck out of here. 

The owl screeched again, before a feminine voice spoke through the mist. It seemed to echo around them, making it impossible for them to pinpoint their location, “Filth! Filthy pieces of scum you are! Unnatural! Filthy, degenerate pieces of shit!” The cackling then started up again, the sound getting louder and quieter as if the owner of that voice was trying to put them off balance. It was certainly working, as Aelius sidled closer to Linus.

• Love 1

The second that Linus hears the cackling, he hastily reaches down and picks up a small branch the length and weight of a longsword. It isn't long after the voice begins to insult them that the branch begins to squirm and hiss in Linus' hands. When Linus takes a look at it, he sees that the branch had been transformed into a rather large viper. In horror, Linus swings the venomous beast around, the head of the animal connecting with a tree that decapitates it with the force.

"Who's there?! Show yourself!"

The female cackles for a few more moments before the shape of a person begins to form in the distance, only a dark silhouette against the white fog. The being slowly approaches until they stand only a few feet apart from each other. From what Linus can make out, the being seemed to be a simple, middle aged woman with dark hair and a pale complexion, but he knew better than to just go off of looks. This was no ordinary woman. She seemed to be very calm, and even a little amused at the mixture of fear and annoyance between the two males in her midst. She opens her mouth and the sound of the woman's voice echoes throughout the area.

"I have no need to identify myself to scum like you. Ill take you regret ever stepping foot on this island~"

Edited by Shuya "Cheshire" Hideaki

When the figure in the mist began to form, Aelius stepped slightly behind Linus, glaring at her with his light blue eyes. Despite how calm she looked, he could see a hatred for them. Judging by her appearance she seemed like one of those celtic inhabitants. A savage. The owl screeched again, causing Aelius to glance up at it as it glared down at the two with the same kind of hatred that the woman was displaying. A horrible suspicion began to form in his mind, as to what this woman was. This was only confirmed as he watched her speak, and yet her voice seemed to echo around them. Quietly, he whispered to his lover in a soft hiss, “Linus! I think she’s a witch!” 

Despite his attempt to keep his voice low, the woman seemed to hear him for she cackled again, tilting her head slightly as she said in a disdainful tone, “What a clever little boy. Not that it will help you here. You’re completely at my mercy and there is nothing that disgusting, degenerate and filthy scum like you. Insane you are. Insane! I’m going to punish you for your filthy behaviour!” She lifted her hand, which started to glow softly. Due to how thick the fog was, the light diffused around it, making it appear as if the entire clearing was glowing brightly. The woman then began to chant something, in a language he didn’t understand. Her voice rose and fell in her incantations as she fixed her burning eyes onto them.

Aelius felt a sense of panic, as he called out, “She’s doing some kind of spell!” He tried to step around Linus to start towards her, to do anything to make her stop however he found himself growing weaker and his body began to refuse his directions. His head began to spin violently, and his vision swam before him. His eyelids grew heavy, and it was hard to stop them from closing as his limbs felt as if they were filled with lead. He opened his mouth, trying to speak however his voice was not working as a lethargy seemed to settle upon him that he was unable to fight against. He found himself dropping to the forest floor, unable to do anything to stop her. He could still hear the changing which rang in his ears along with the thudding of his slowing heartbeat.

Am I dying?’ Aelius thought to himself, his heart fluttering in panic before it slowly started calming down the deeper he sank into himself. His body had completely stopped obeying commands, paralysing him. He couldn’t even make sense of the environment around him. He couldn’t even sense where Linus was. He was completely alone, other than the chanting of the witch which made him feel small and powerless. His last thought before he sank into unconsciousness, was that he wished he had kissed Linus one last time.

• Love 1

Linus already had the suspicion that this woman was a witch, but when he had those suspicions confirmed, he froze. There was nothing that they could do. They were helpless and at the mercy of this powerful being. As she lifted her hand and began to chant the incantation, Linus turned and took hold of Aelius' wrist. He was going to run and take Aelius with him, as he vowed to protect his younger lover with his life. He froze again, feeling his muscles grow weak as he collapsed to the ground. He lifted a weary arm towards Aelius, a small tear rolling down his cheek as his vision faded to black.

"Aelius... I love you..."

It was the middle of the night, and the full moon was directly overhead as Linus opened his eyes. Were they in heaven? Were they really killed by the witch that they had encountered on that evil island? No. Linus turned his aching head to see the clothes that the had left on the beach, and as adrenaline rushed into his body, he bolted up. He looked out towards the lake, finding that the island no longer existed and what lay in it's disappearance was a simple, clear lake. He looked around him. Spotting Aelius at his side. He dropped to his knees and began to search for any signs of life. The second he saw that Aelius' chest was slowly rising and falling peacefully in his slumber, Linus gave a soft sigh of relief.

Strange enough, the more that Linus looked at Aelius, the hungrier he became. He licks his lips softly, feeling his tongue drag over two teeth that seems to have sharpened and elongated. He didn't care about those as he focused on Aelius' neck. More specifically, the delicious looking veins that lay under the skin of his beloved. His eyes shimmer gently under the silver moonlight, and he leans in slowly, his mouth inching ever closer to the soft skin on Aelius' neck.

At the last moment, Linus pulled himself away, finally thinking clearly as he wonders what had come over him. He seems to remember the two, elongated and sharpened canines, but when he drags his tongue over them, he  that they are simply just sharp. He shudders gently and shakes Aelius gently, desperately hoping that his young lover wouldn't be in this catatonic state for long.

Edited by Shuya "Cheshire" Hideaki