My stupid school

• Senior Staff

I'm just gonna take a moment to rant about my stupid school. It's at the end of spring break, so naturally it's time to get back to doing homework. So I try to log in to my school's e-campus where my professor posts our homework assignments for us to print out and work on. When I go to log in, though, suddenly, over Spring Break, they decided to change the login domain. So now, my username and password which were saved to Google Chrome are no longer saved and I have to remember my password. I last updated my password about half a year ago and I've used the chrome autofill ever since. Needless to say, I'm not gonna remember what the hell my password is. So, I click the "forgot my password" link. But then it turns out it's a broken f***ing link because god forbid you have your links working for your professional college website. The worst part about this is that they acknowledge on the page that the link doesn't work, so why didn't they f***ing fix it?? Okay, so maybe it was just unfortunate timing. Maybe it's just an error that popped up recently and they're working on fixing it now, so I let it slide. The page tells me to call this support number if the link fails, so I do and, of course, the IT support is unavailable. So, I look back on the page and see that there's a link to a support page next to the number, so I click on that, and there's a button to report a problem. I'm already groaning because this means it'll probably take several hours to get a response, but I decide I may as well go ahead and get started. so I click the "report a problem" button, and it brings me to, guess what? another f***ing log-in page. At this point, I have no idea what username and password I'm supposed to use, so I just start trying the same ideas that I tried for logging into the e-campus. As soon as I try my first log-in, instead of telling me my log-in is right or wrong, it takes me to a completely different log-in screen. So now I'm even more confused and I type the same input again, and now it tells it was wrong. So again, I click the "forgot password" link, since it's a different window, and it takes me back to the support page with a notification that says it's sent instructions to my email. So, I go to my email and see no such information. I sit there and refresh and refresh and I get nothing. I go back to the support page log-in, click the forgot password links on both log-in pages, still nothing. This time, I close my email tab and open it again. and now I can't log in! This was beyond ridiculous at this point, because my password for my email was saved to Chrome, so I knew my input wasn't wrong. 

Well, as it turns out, my password had expired. No warning (except for the warning way back when I last updated my password that said "will expire in xxx days"). The only reason I was able to check my email before was that I had never actually logged out since the last time. So now, I have to go through some convoluted process of changing my password and answering five security questions. And I can't use a password I've used before, meaning now I have to remember a completely new password and run around every single site for my school and update the saved password on everything. 

All of this wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem if it wasn't for the fact that it all happened in the middle of the semester. This type of thing should happen between semesters. I've been in a panic all day because I need to get this homework done before class starts again tomorrow. I am just so sick of this school's distinct lack of communication and this isn't the first time I've had a really frustrating encounter like this.