Dimensional Interference [NyxAvatar69 x Shuya "Cheshire" Hideaki]

Yazawa studied the strange little box that he'd picked up off the side of the road. He'd never seen anything so... Intriguing. It seemed to be made out of some sort of metal, but he couldn't figure out what. The "metal" was black and shimmered softly under the light, as if it were made out of crystals instead of metal. He was completely and utterly stumped, and he wanted to know exactly what the purpose for this thing was.

Out of utter confusion, Yazawa gave a gentle sigh and tossed the box on the floor before crawling onto his bed. As the box made contact with the floor, it sprang open and enveloped the room in light. A small circle of violet light emerged from the box and began to create a small vortex in the room. What made it stranger was that nothing in the room but him was being pulled towards it. He fought the vortex with all of his strength, but it became to much as he was soon yanked from his hold on the bedpost and pulled into what seemed to be another world.

Yazawa landed flat on his ass as the portal disappeared behind him, nearly taking off a fair chunk of his tail with it during its disappearance. He looked around at what seemed to be a kingdom. Had this things sent him back in time, or was he in an entirely different area?

"Just where... Where the fuck am I?"

"Heh heh, it appears the ritual worked." a voice came out of the darkness.  "Lord Melchior's magical ritual has brought the hero of legend to our land." a second voice added.  "He doesn't look too special.  I've seen knights wandering around with more potential than this one.  So what if he's some kind of legend?  Killing a weakling like this will be a snap." the first voice added.  Slowly stepping out of the shadows was a lizardman with a dagger and a human wearing strange black robes.  His right hand was soon covered in flames once he revealed himself.  Due to the hood, it was hard to see his face, but the right sleeve of his cloak had a strange crest on it.  As for the lizardman, he was simply wearing a dirty tunic and pants while his dagger was nothing too special.  "Listen up, pal.  Fate sure dealt you a shitty hand.  Thrown here into our world and now you're about to die." the lizard man said as he approached Yazawa while the human hung back.  "Be quiet.  You do not need to tell him everything.  Kill the fool and you will receive your payment.  You do not need to tell him anything." the human man said while the lizardman rolled his eyes.  Before he could get any closer, however, a gust of wind pushed him back into a tree.  Before the lizardman knew what had hit him, a dagger came flying from the same direction and hit him in the neck.  The human turned towards the direction the dagger came from, then to Yazawa.  "W-what the hell?  Is the legendary hero from another world some kind of weather controlling telepath?  Lord Melchoir said that the hero was strong, but...something like this is not what I signed up for.  I'm out of here." the human said, turning away from Yazawa and running off into the forest.

Yazawa, for once, actually felt something that he didn't recognize. Was this... True fear? Was he really about to die in a land that he didn't even know of? No, he wouldn't stand it. He had so many things to do in his life, and so many things that he wanted to see. He got back up and was about ready to shift into a rather large serpent, but soon, a gust of wind and a dagger had appeared from nowhere. There was no way that this was happening. He just wanted to go home.

"Wh-who's there?!"

Yazawa stuttered softly, attempting to sound as intimidating as he could. Then again, he was still rather shaken from being forcibly thrown into a place that he didn't understand. He looked around, attempting to find the source of the air and dagger. His right hand began to heat as he coated with with a thick layer of fire magic, ready to fight now. He had slightly calmed his own nerves, so he was sure he could hold his own now.

"..."

For a few moments, it was silent.  Another light gust of wind later and a woman appeared behind Yazawa.  She quickly pulled out a second identical knife to the one that had killed the lizardman and moved it towards Yazawa's throat.  At the same time, she was so focused on moving her weapon towards Yazawa's neck that she was unaware that her chest was practically pressed up against his back.  "So, you're the so called legendary hero from another world?  You really are nothing special.  Maybe I really should've let those idiots kill you, but my client wanted me to make sure you didn't die the moment you got here.  Be glad you aren't my target.  That man who got away, on the other hand..." the woman said.  Her face was hidden by a mask while her long red hair was covered by the hood of the cloak she was wearing, making it hard to tell who it could be.  Slowly, she moved the knife away from Yazawa and stepped away from him, making her way over to the lizardman and pulling her other knife out of his neck.  "If you don't want to die today, follow the path and you'll reach the capitol city, Greenshire." the woman continued, turning away from Yazawa and taking a few steps towards where the human ran off.  "Windstepping." the woman mumbled.  A breeze came from under her feet and she was gone again like the wind.

As she placed the knife to his throat, the cold metal pressing against his skin, his ears flattened against his head in fear once more. He had just gotten dumped into a strange world, and everyone wanted to kill him. Her voice was rather beautiful, but he quickly shook that away as he felt her back up from him and remove the dagger from against his jugular. He shuddered as he leaped away from her, only to hear her telling him to head to Greenshire before she took off. He wasn't done with her just yet

"Fugam ignem."

Small flames spouted from his palms and the bottom of his feet as he propelled himself forwards, following after her as she searched for the lizard man. There were too many questions, and though she seemed like she wanted to kill him, she was his safest option to stick around with at the time. He followed her, making sure to stay at least a few feet out of range. 

"Who are you, and where the hell am I?"

The woman stopped on the branch of a tree when she heard the voice of the man she had nearly killed.  She turned towards him, considering whether or not she should bother replying to him.  "You are in the Tridian Kingdom.  Who I am is none of your business.  Now, silence yourself.  I have a job to finish." the woman replied, using her Windstepping to catch up to the cloaked human who was still running away.  As he ran away, the man briefly turned around to see if he was being chased by Yazawa, still under the assumption that he was some kind of telepath.  While he may have been safe, the man didn't stop running just in case.  'If I knew the legendary hero had that kind of power, I would never have taken on this task.  Lord Melchior will kill me if he finds out I failed in my mission, but I could always run, right?  Get out of the kingdom and start a new life.' the man thought to himself.  When thoughts of running off on his Lord Melchior ran through his mind, he stopped running while a sharp pain ran through his head.  The man fell to his knees while clutching his head in his hands.  His hood fell off his head and a crest similar to the one on the sleeve of his cloak.  "L-Lord Melchior!  Wait, please!  I didn't mean that at all!  Please don't sacrifice my soul!  I'll do whatever you want!" the man shouted even though there was nobody there.  For a brief moment, a shadowy specter appeared in front of the man on his knees.  The man let out a shout before falling to the ground.  The woman who had already killed the human's lizardman partner arrived on the scene shortly afterward.  She carefully walked over to the man's body and kicked him, but he didn't move.  Without a moment of hesitation, she stabbed the man in the back with one of her daggers to make sure he was dead.

Yazawa was definitely following him, but he was more following the strange girl that had saved him and then threatened to kill him. He needed more answers, and she seemed to have given the most useful output so far. He perches in a tree and watches he horrifying situation of what seems to be the the human's brains being internally fried. He then watches in continued shock as she stabs him in the back of the head. He knew better than to say anything about it, though

"So why the hell am I here? First thing I know, I'm in my apartment in New York messing with a weird box, and all of a sudden I've been pulled into this weird place... Did I time travel or some shit?"

He glares at her, his ears flicking gently as he propels himself down to the area, making sure to keep a good distance away from her. He had incredible reflexes, but the way that she could make her knife embed into someone's flesh in the blink of an eyes still scared him He wasn't ready to be catching any blades with his body yet. He simply believed himself to be too young to die at the time. He did only recently turn nineteen after all. If he felt threatened, then he knew how to shift immediately into animals that some people would only dreams of seeing.

When the woman heard Yazawa ask his questions, she laughed a bit while she sheathed her dagger.  "The so called legendary hero from another world doesn't even know why he's here.  Why don't you go read a book or something, Mr. "legendary hero from another world."  People really must be stupid if they're thinking you'll be the one to save the world and end this war." the woman replied while she kicked over the corpse of the man she had stabbed.  She clenched her fists when she saw a crest that seems to have burned itself into the man's forehead.  "That would explain a lot.  This was his doing." she mumbled to herself, glancing over to Yazawa for a moment before returning her attention to the body.  "If you don't want to die, I'd suggest you get out of here.  You being brought here could only be the work of a powerful sorcerer, and he's likely to have sent more people to kill you than some small time lizard thug and a single mage who was pathetic enough to broke an oath.  Personally, I don't care what happens to you.  If you want protection, go bother the city's knights.  Not like they have much to do except sit around on the bastard king's payroll.  Windstepping." the woman went on.  From the way she talked badly about the king and the kingdom's knights, it was clear she didn't care much for them at all.  Like the wind, she jumped and was off again, going back in the direction she came from towards the capitol city of Greenshire.

He couldn't help but the cocky way that she'd responded to him. Of course he didn't know what the hell was going on. He still didn't have all of the answers, but he sure as hell didn't want to die. He still didn't quite understand how the man had been killed, and if he didn't know any better he'd say that he was killed by this girl. She certainly was a strange character. He'd caught her scent, and it seemed like she was only human as well. He said a small mumble of an incantation, setting the man's body on fire and burning it before he turns to see her leaving.

"Fugam Ignem"

His hands and feet were engulfed in flames that propelled him forward as he followed her back to the city, leaving a small smoke trail in his wake. As they reached the town, he landed and found the lizard man's body, burning that one as well before slowly walking through the town and tracking wherever in the hell she'd gone. He decided to give up after a while, seeing as he couldn't find her anywhere, and if he did, then he'd probably be attacked. He sighs softly before leaning against a wall and slumping down to the ground.

"I just want to go home..."

The woman made her way to an alley in the slums of the city, but when she stopped her windstepping, she stumbled, clearly a bit tired from using her magic so much.  She put a hand on the door next to her, taking a moment to look around and make sure she wasn't followed before opening up the door and walking inside, closing the door behind her.  Once she closed the door, she leaned back against it and took the mask off her face, throwing it somewhere on the floor.  The building she had entered appeared to be lived in, but the truth was that it's original owner was already dead and she was simply using it as her own.  Alice let out a sigh while she took off her hood and let down her long red hair.  She took off the cloak she was wearing and let it fall to the floor.  As she was taking off the rest of her clothes and gear, she remembered the man who had suddenly died before she could do anything.  The crest on his forehead was burned into Alice's memory.  "An oath of servitude.  Why would that sorcerer have someone like that summon the "legendary hero from another world," anyway?" Alice questioned nobody in particular, turning towards the covered window.  While she didn't really care if someone saw her naked, she had the habit of covering all the windows when she would be preparing for a job.  It was a habit she has picked up from her teacher, who once owned the house she was using to change out of her assassin gear and into casual clothes.  Once Alice had changed and hid her gear aside from her daggers, she made her way out of the house and closed the door behind her, making her way out of the alley and onto the streets.

• 3 weeks later...

Yazawa simply sits there until the sun begins to descend from the daylight sky, bright rays of orange and pink dancing over the soft wisps of clouds in the sky. He stood about an hour after the sun had gone down, his ears flat against his head as he looked around, just to be safe, he made sure not to make any eye contact with anyone as he began walking down the still crowded streets of the olden looking city. Village? It seemed like a village.

Around the castle, his sensitive nostrils began to pick up the only familiar scent he'd picked up since he'd arrived. It was that girl. He desperately followed the scent, only finding a girl with auburn hair. There was no way that she could've been the same girl that had saved him and then threatened to kill him mere moments after, could it. He stopped moving and pondered what to do. Should he walk up and say something, or should he let her be?

Yazawa decided to go for the first option, suddenly bolting forward before she could get too far away from him. In a blur of movement, he was in front of her, blocking her from moving forward any further

"Oi... You smell... Familiar. You didn't happen to be wearing a cloak and wielding daggers earlier, did you?"

Alice stopped when she suddenly noticed Yazawa in front of her.  She took a defensive step back when she recognized him right away.  She turned her head a bit, as if she had no idea what he was talking about.  "My apologies, sir, but I do not know what you mean.  Our land is not in a time of peace.  There are a number of people who may match that description, but I am not one of them.  I am simply on my way home from a walk around this part of the city." Alice replied, trying to make herself sound like any other person you would find walking around.  She was silent for a few moments before walking in a circle around Yazawa, trying to get a good look at him before standing in front of him again.  "You are a rather strange individual.  From what kingdom do you come from?" Alice questioned.

• 3 weeks later...

"That's odd... You smell just like her..."

He watches as she awkwardly walks around him as if trying to retreat. The slightly panicked tone that edged her voice didn't help her case whatsoever. He wasn't one to interrogate anyway.

When he was asked the question of which kingdom he came from, he lowers his ears and glances away fro. Her for a split second. He sighs, knowing that the truth is better than any half passed lie that he could come up with. He shakes his head and shrugs

"Honestly, I don't come from this time period... World... Dimension? This is Earth, right?"

He sighs, not really knowing where in the hell he'd ended up. He looks her dead in the eyes and makes sure that she wasn't the one that had rescued/almost murdered him in cold blood earlier

"Anyways, I don't come from here. I was yanked through a portal from my home back in New York. Can you tell me where I am? And what year it is?"

Alice was silent for a moment until a faint laugh came from her lips.  "What are you talking about?  What's a New York?  Is that some kind of hidden village or something?  This is the city of Greenshire in the Tridian Kingdom.  Are you sure you aren't feeling sick or something?  Do you need to see a healer?" Alice questioned, taking a few steps away from Yazawa.  "But, if you're serious about coming from a portal, then you might want to go over there." Alice continued, pointing towards a castle a distance away.  "Rumor has it that a legendary hero from another world will come to save this doomed land.  Anyway, I need to get going.  Good luck trying to find your way back to whatever this New York is." Alice added before running off in the direction of the castle.

He groaned as she simply mocked him. She shakes his head and opens his mouth to try and clear up the mistake she'd made, but it was obviously no use. He sighs deeply and gives a small smile as she pointed him in the direction of a castle, and nods when she tells him that it's the place he's looking for.

"Th-thanks, I'll be sure to go."

He follows her as she runs in the direction of the castle, apparently having some business there herself. When they arrive at the castle, he takes a moment to give it a once over to assess the sheer size of it. He whispers something along the lines of, "Holy fucking shit" under his breath as his ears lower.

• 2 weeks later...

Alice managed to slip away while Yazawa was taking a look at the castle.  Meanwhile, a man pushing a cart took notice of Yazawa and made his way over.  "It's a beauty, isn't it?  I've never been inside, but you can just imagine what it's like to live the life of a noble." the man said, sighing to himself before taking a closer look at Yazawa.  "You look a little odd?  Are you from the neighboring Grutia Empire?  I hear there are a lot more demihumans over there than here.  I'd be careful if I were you.  There are some people in the noble districts who don't take kindly to your kind." the man said.

• 5 months later...

Caught staring at the castle by the man, he suddenly went a bit rigid and hoping that it wasn't one of the men already trying to kill him. He swivels his head to look at the man, who seemed fairly normal. He nods slightly as the man confirms his thoughts that the castle was fairly beautiful. He listens to the man asking about which empire he was from, but he slowly shakes his head and chuckles softly, wondering if he should tell this man where he was really from.

"A-ah, no... I've from a very faraway place... Even demihumans like me are rare there..."

For some reason, the name "demihuman" lingered slightly on his tongue. It hadn't been the first time he'd heard the word, but the fair few times he had heard it had been in a fairly discriminatory manner. A lack of a scent makes him sniff the air again, and it isn't long before he notices Alice's scent growing more and more distant by the second without a clear trail to follow. He huffs softly, seeming like he had just lost his one lead as to why or how he got here or how he could get back home.

"Ah, fuck... She's gone... Hey, is there a map or anything of this place that I could get my hands on?"

"A faraway place, eh?" the man wondered, talking mostly to himself.  He took a look at Yazawa before shaking his head, mumbling to himself again.  "No, it couldn't be." the man mumbled before returning his attention to Yazawa.  "I don't have a map on hand, but if you want to wait a few minutes, I can draw you up a little map of the area.  Is there anywhere in particular you're trying to go or are you just touring the area?  If you are, now hasn't exactly been a good time for tourism, what with the war and all.  I even hear that the Grutian Army has some weird monsters on their side, like the ones in the stories about the legendary hero." the man replied, stopping himself while he turned around and started searching through his cart for something.

• Love 1

• 3 months later...

Yazawa gives his complete attention to the man as he seems to examine the kitsune male before disregarding his previous thoughts and offering him a hand-made map. Even if it weren't professionally made, it would still be better than nothing. He nods at the offer before waiting patiently for him to get whatever he was searching for and letting what the man said sink into his mind.

"People have been talking non-stop about this "legendary hero" ever since I got here. Grutian Army? Monsters? I have no idea what any of this means... What kind of monsters?"

Yazawa leans against a conveniently close by wall to think, letting everything swim through his head, but eventually coming up short with no possible explanation. The best he can do now is try to investigate and find an explanation on how he got here, and how he can find his way back home. He had been called the "legendary hero" by his two attackers and then by the woman that saved him. He sighs and plays with his tail for a few moments

"Also... What can you tell me about this Grutian Empire? Are they bad people? What do they want?"

"You don't know?  They're a neighboring kingdom that specializes in magic.  The magic stones used for light and other things around here come from their mines.  Although, and this is just what I've heard, since the former king was killed in some incident, some magician has taken over in place of the prince.  I don't have all the details, but since that magician took control, things have been getting weird over there.  Weird monsters like from the story of the legendary hero have been appearing and making travel routes dangerous." the man explained, looking up towards the castle.  "The king has been sending his soldiers out to fight off Grutian troops and these monsters.  You can just tell that a war is brewing." the man continued while he looked back down at Yazawa.  "As for the monsters, I haven't seen them myself, but if they're like the monsters from the story, you don't want to get caught by them.  If you value your life, you won't go wandering in the forest at night." the man finally finished, handing Yazawa a hand drawn map he had spent the time drawing up while he explained what he knew.

• Love 1

Yazawa listens to the explanation carefully, gathering all of the information that he can before taking the map gratefully from the man. He looks at the map, finding that it wasn't that badly drawn and was almost completely clear and legible. He gives a thankful smile before waving goodbye and looking back down at the map to try and get a good idea of exactly where he was.

"Thank you, sir, for the information. I hope you have a great day, and I'll try not to wander into the forest unless if I absolutely have to"

Yazawa then wanders off and follows the map to a crossroads, finding himself at what seems to be a market, with stands set up all over and people selling wares, fruits, and even cooked foods. His stomach grumbles and he looks over at someone who is selling what seems to be apples, pears and even a watermelon

"Um, good day. How much would two apples be?"

A tall man slowly turned around to face Yazawa and scratched his beard.  "Two apples are five golden coins.  Take it or leave it.  With these monsters and crazies running about, business has been bad lately.  If you ain't got the coin, get out of my sight." the shopkeeper said while he walked around, bringing out more of his wares for any passing customers.

"Two gold, huh..."

Yazawa fishes in his pocket for some coins, hoping that he didn't lose the dollar coins when he'd fallen through the portal and during the escapade that he had gone through today. He takes his hand out of his pocket with a fistful of coins, and he opens it to see that he only has six out of the ten dollar coins that he'd had before. He sighs softly and takes all of them before holding them out to the man

"It's... um... a different currency, but would these do? They're a dollar where I come from."

He looks at the apples and his stomach growls hungrily from just the sight of them. He looks at the shop keeper in the eyes and looks at what seems to be a few different fruits that he'd never heard of or seen before. He wonders what they taste like and he shakes his head before looking back to the shop keeper and hoping that the coins would be fit for his purchase

The man took a few moments to look over the coins, running his free hand through his beard as he did.  After a few moments, he handed the money back to Yazawa.  "This ain't good enough.  Don't you have any real money?" the man questioned.  He slowly turned around until he heard a woman's quiet laugh.  He turned back around and his eyes widened at who he saw.  A beautiful woman with long red hair stood a short distance away from the man's stand.  Close behind her were two men in armor.  "L-lady Alice.  My apologizes for being so rude in your presence." the man said, but Alice simply shook her head with a smile on her face.  "There is no need to apologize." Alice replied as she walked over.  She caught sight of Yazawa staring at the apples and turned her attention back towards the shopkeeper.  "I would like to get two apples, please." Alice said with the same kind smile she had used mere moments ago.  "Lady Alice, you don't need to spend your own money for something so simple.  There are plenty of apples back at the castle." one of the men in armor tried to say while Alice took five large golden coins out of her own purse.  Alice ignored the man and gave the shopkeeper the money in exchange for two apples.  Once the transaction was complete, she extended a hand with one of the two apples towards Yazawa.  "Here.  I noticed how intensely you were staring at these.  You must be really hungry after your long trip over here from Grutia." Alice said with a smile.