Ultra Calamity: A Pokemon Ultra Moon Nuzlocke - Episode 10: Lillie's Ultra Z-Power

Before we begin today's episode, I have something to say that I want you to keep in your hats for about an episode.  I went back to Konikoni City after doing the MVP Spotlight for Nanu and bought the Shield Fossil and ressurected it at Route 8 for a Shieldon.  This is important for later.  Now, on with the episode.

Well...here we are.  Back to the Aether Paradise.  This time, we aren't here on a pleasure cruise...even though the last time we came here, we ended up fighting a pissed off jellyfish from an Ultra Wormhole, so you could argue that the first visit was hardly a pleasure cruise too.  But to get back to the seriousness, we have to rescue Lillie, and Gladion "guesses" we should hit up the elevator first.  Of course, nothing in this game is easy and we'll have to fight our way there against the employees of the Aether Foundation.

So, you know how I said earlier that Team Skull wasn't very intimidating?  Well, Aether Foundation guys are the polar opposite of that.  Why, you ask?  Type variety.  They don't use specific types like Team Skull does, so be careful when going through.  But, if you're like me, and grinded because a certain battle towards the end of this part of the game is scary, you should be alright.  Also, I like their battle music.  It's a good track, to be fair.  A lot of the music in this game is.  We'll get to that when we get to that.  for now, let's tear apart some paid workers and steal their paychecks.

Ah, the power of having a severely overleveled party even though I only grinded up to Lv. 47 on the whole team.  None of those battles were very bad.  Anyway, when we reach the elevator, it seems like we can't use the elevator to reach the lower floors.  We have to go up.  Of course, right when we reach the first floor, we're met with Faba, the Aether Branch Chief.  Of course, if we want to get anywhere, we'll need to bring him and his single Hypno down.  He's Aether Foundation's last line of defense and all he has is a Hypno?  All it took was two Bites to bring it down with ease.  What a pathetic "last line of defense."  Apparently, there's a lower floor where they're performing less than safe experiments, and that's where we're heading to hopefully find Cosmog...and Lillie, I guess.  You can heal up at the front desk and change out mons at the PC if you need to, and now it's time to go down.

Faba's smirk isn't a good sign, but it's too late now.  Gladion mentions how things look the same as they did two years ago, and this could explain where he got Type: Null from.  We're sent off to explore Secret Lab B while Hau gives me even more useless junk.  Of course, it's never easy, as we have three Aether Foundation scientists to face off with before we can even go to the secret lab.  This reminds me of that part in Black and White where you're forced to fight four Team Plasma guys with no break in between battles.  This is indeed one of those situations.  You have to fight these three guys in a row with no break in between battles.  The first guy's Alolan Muk gave me a bit of trouble, but the second guy's Magneton was a cakewalk.  The third guy...well, he used an X Speed, used Magnet Rise, and then tried to use Discharge on a mon with Lightningrod.  It was pretty...eventful, for Mother, at least.

Turns out they were looking for a way to open up an Ultra Wormhole, using Cosmog as their test dummy.  Doesn't look like they made any progress, but that's not important.  Once we hit Secret Lab B, we got a double battle with Hau to do against a Huntail and Gorebyss.  It feels nice to have the super scary Alolan Raichu on my side, but the two ganged up on it turn 1 and killed it.  Hau's starter has finally fully evolved, so...that's cool, I guess.  He also Z-moved the Huntail to death with a Bloom Doom.  I feel a little bad for that Huntail.  Oh well, Master Derp finished Gorebyss and we're finished with that one.

The employees are gone and we're left to look at the research notes on Ultra Wormholes and Cosmog.  Apparently, it's a type of Ultra Beast and they were working on a way to make Cosmog open up Ultra Wormholes.  Maybe Lillie ran away with Cosmog to protect it?  Well, we won't find that out right away.  We're going to have quite a bit of work ahead of us back upstairs since Faba probably got reinforcements while we were down here, so...that kinda sucks.  Oh well.  For now, let's head back up and bust some heads.

Now that we've learned the darkness at the heart of the Aether Foundation, they have to make us "dissapear."  A shame they're dealing with the destroyer of the Alola region.  The two fossil using employees were no challenge for me and Hau.  How pathetic of them to try facing me.  With them gone, Wicke shows up and...calls Gladion "young master?"  At least she'll heal up my team and we'll learn where Lillie is.  She's with Good Person Lusamine.  In order to get to her, we have to get past Faba and the last line of the Aether Foundation's defense...for real this time.  Faba's kind of an idiot, though, since he kinda just told us that Good Person Lusamine is just up ahead.  We'll have to work together with Young Edgelord to fight off more Aether Foundation goons.  Magmar and Electabuzz didn't stand a chance against The Third's Earthquake.  Neither did Manectric and Houndoom.

Now, it's time to fight Faba and his right hand goon.  We'll call him Ted.  So, Faba and Ted are our last line of defense for the Aether Foundation.  Faba grabbed more mons from...somewhere and Ted has two.  Although, since he has a Ledian, he's automatically a scrub.  Faba has a Claydol, which could be a bit of an issue.  Sucks for him that I have a Choice Specs Pelipper that destroyed his Claydol in an instant.  He brings in the Hypno while Hau shows off his new Noivern to the class to kill the scrub Ledian.  Ted also has a Pupitar, which makes me kinda jealous, and since Faba's Hypno put Master Derp to sleep, I had to waste a turn to wake him up.  Snarl is lowering our Special Attack, but Master Derp still dealt with the Pupitar, so Ted is out of our way.

Faba took the chance to kill off Hau's Noivern, forcing him to bring in the Decidueye while Master Derp spammed away with Shadow Ball.  Faba's last mon is the ugly Gen 7 fish itself, Bruxish.  Styles loves eating fish to death, so I switched him in only for Hau to do the work for me while I get the experience.  With that, Faba and Ted, the Aether Foundation's last line of defense, falls.  Hau and Gladion give Faba the look and he caves and hands over the key to the big doors behind him.  Let's get to it and rescue Lillie and Nebby.

...But in a totally expected twist, Team Skull grunts and Guzma are here.  Gladion charges right for Guzma and they have a little posing contest.  Well, time to deal with the idiot brigade again.  I sure didn't miss these guys a bit.  I don't think I need to talk about how easy the battles were.  In fact, they were so easy, the third guy knew his place and didn't even want to battle.  Meanwhile, Gladion couldn't beat Guzma.  Gladion ran away from home, rejected his mother, and still, he's not strong enough.  Looks like it's up to us to shut down Guzma for good.

Like always, he leads with Golisopod.  We know how this ended last time, and we're going to have a repeat performance.  This time, however, the Choice Specs Air Cutter wasn't enough to kill and in comes a Vikavolt.  A shame for Guzma that I have Mother, who eats Electric attacks for breakfast.  It took a few hits to shut down Vikavolt, but it was dealt with.  Pinsir was up next, but I chose to bring Mailbird back in to Air Cutter spam this thing to death.  It had Stone Edge, which was scary, but it still went down.  The ultra scary Masquerain is next up, so I brought in Spark Plug to handle it.  He managed to survive the Bug Buzz on 3 HP like a champ.  Good work, there, pal.  All that remains is Golisopod.  Styles can tank a hit, so I brought him in to finish this battle with his signature Headbutt.

Guzma will step aside, and we can go and confront Good Person Lusamine...and wait a minute.  What the heck is this?  Why is there all of this talk about Lusamine being mother of the year in my script?  I never wrote this!  Who wrote this?!  Why are these things happening?  First the thing about Kukui and now someone's writing lies in my works.  What is this even?  Lusamine isn't a good person at all!  She's actually-

As we step into the fancy house, who else would interrupt progress like the masters of progress interruption, the Ultra Recon Squad.  I'm getting sick of these two always showing up at the worst times, to be honest.  They seem to have a new plan to catch Necrozma, which...actually isn't a bad idea.  Of course we still have to battle.  Don't be silly.  This is Ultra Moon, where everyone wants to battle every 15 seconds.  A shame Poipole sucks because The Third kinda instakilled it with Earthquake.

Apparently, they'll find a way to deal with Necrozma, but part of me highly doubts that.  Whatever.  Let's go see Good Person Lusamine...even though if I say anything that goes against this twisted script, it'll cut me off and throw me back on topic for some reason.  Anyway, Good Person Lusamine and Lillie must've been staring each other down for a whole week until we show up.  Good Person Lusamine is dissapointed that I'm associated with a scrub like Lillie.  We also get the "mother-daughter" reveal...a bit suddenly.  You know, this family argument sounds a lot like how it was in the original games.  She might kill Cosmog by forcing it to use it's power...just to stop Necrozma.  I know the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, but you're not Team ****.  Wait a minute...why is that part censored?  No, it couldn't be that-

So Good Person Lusamine will use a teleport pad to go...somewhere.  Looks like we're going after her into...some weird, creepy room.  Lillie follows shortly afterwards, but...what is this place?  She has a few Pokemon cryogenically frozen.  That's messed up, lady.  I knew you were a...I mean, she still has plans to go after Necrozma.  This woman has a death wish, I swear.  Hau and Gladion manage to join our little family reunion featuring Ruby and Hau.  Apparently, once upon a time, Gladion and Lillie's dad was lost to the Ultra Wormhole.  Good Person Lusamine hates the Ultra Wormholes, but she's willing to go into one anyway.  Nice logic you got there.  Anyway, she has Nebby stuck in some kind of thingy.  She wants to use it's full power, but that could kill Nebby.  With a button press, it's on.  She manages to...fail?  Or is it because Nebby is resisting.

Lusamine's inner crazy starts to show, and here comes Guzma to join this dysfunctional family reunion featuring Ruby and Hau.  As per usual, we have no choice.  We must face Lusamine herself.  She has a team of five and leads with a Clefable.  Since I have Iron Head, I led with The Third and, well, used Iron Head.  One didn't kill and she managed to get a Charm off before switching Clefable out for her Milotic, which swallowed the second Iron Head with ease.  The Third is powerless against Milotic, so I switched into Master Derp.  Like his name suggests, he took the Milotic's blows without a care in the world and took it down.

Next is the super scary thing and the reason I grinded my whole team to Lv. 47 other than the fact it makes me on par with Lusamine's team.  This Lilligant was the source of a number of deaths in my Sun Nuzlocke due to a deadly combination of Petal Dance and Own Tempo.  One of the strongest special Grass moves in the game that would normally confuse after two to three turns, but with Own Tempo, it can spam the move with no negative effects.  Mother was my choice for this threat.  It tried to confuse her, but I got the one turn confusion break and with two Fire Punches (and losing half her HP from one Petal Dance), the threat was eliminated.

Clefable came back in and took an Iron Head from The Third, leading Lusamine to bring in her Mismagius replacement, Lopunny.  Mailbird can resist a potential Fighting move, so I sent her in.  It had Ice Punch, so I was sure I'd be safe and went for a Water Pulse.  Turns out this thing had coverage and killed Mailbird with a Thunderpunch afterwards.  I can never escape losing something on Lusamine, can I?  Anyway, The Third came back in, took a Dizzy Punch, and avenged Mailbird's death with Earthquake.  All that remained was her Bewear, and Master Derp can tank hits from it, so I brought him in.  I went for the safety heal to scout it's first move and the Bewear is carrying Drain Punch.  Quick Claw continues to prove to be a good investment by allowing me a first move chance at a Psychic, and after tanking a crit Dual Chop hit and a regular hit, we bring the bear down and end this...sort of.

Beating Lusamine means nothing.  She's dragging Guzma into her Necrozma fighting mission.  Even when Gladion says that Null can handle the job, she goes for the opening Ultra Wormhole scheme and Guzma jumps in with her.  Welp, nothing we can do now.  Nice knowing her and all that good stuff.  At the same time, something happened to Nebby.  He's much smaller now and won't respond at all.  For now, let's get out of here so I can bury my dead bird.

After we get out of there, guess who shows up?  If you guessed Ultra Recon Squad, get yourself a cookie because you earned it.  They're understandably pissed off that Lusamine ended up saying she was doing this whole Necrozma fighting gig all for herself.  They say a little tidbit that I'll address later, but for now, it's time to get some rest...and then bury my dead bird.  Lillie's going to stay in Lusamine's room for the night, and the next day...Lillie's sporting a new hairstyle and outfit.

She does her super awkward pose and Gladion comes by to hand her the Sun Flute.  Apparently, if we have the Sun and Moon Flutes (I see what you did there, game), you can call the legendary Pokemon.  Meanwhile, we score ourselves the Master Ball...that I probably won't use.  Gladion's going to stay behind to clean up the mess at Aether Paradise and Hau's going...somewhere.  To get stronger, I guess.  Good for him.  As for us, it's off to Poni Island, but first...we have something to do.

When I first added Mailbird to the team, I was very unsure about her potential to the team since Drizzle kinda screwed Mother over.  As time passed and she began putting in work and even ending up higher leveled than the rest of the team for a time, she really gave herself a role in the team...even if Drizzle was kinda bad for Mother but good for Master Derp.  Once we put those glasses on her, that's when she hit her true potential, blowing up Guzma 2 with ease.  Of course, of all things that would clip her wings, it would have to be an electric punch from a bunny.  Rest in peace, Mailbird, along with my other Flying type carry from a nuzlocke, Extinction the Archeops.

Well...now I have no idea who I'm going to add to the team.  We've got a big challenge ahead of us and I need to grind to prepare for it, so next time, it's time for Plot Island, also known as Poni Island.  No MVP Spotlight this episode, folks, since we didn't even do a trial.  We'll have one next time, I promise.  So, until next time, have a good day or night.

Archived