Smash V Predictions

• Senior Staff

I was on the Source Gaming discord last night and, of course, with the next Smash Bros. game around the corner, I wanted to make a roster prediction. I put way too much thought and effort into it and now I want to use it for more than just a passing glance on a discord server. So I decided why not post it here!

UhO6Ef4.png

In needs some polishing, but I didn't bother yet in case I need to make any adjustments. This is my predicted roster for Smash V, this is not a wishlist but rather a list of characters that I think are likely to make it in. Some characters might not have gotten on the list for various reasons, but this list is based on patterns and logic based on previous iterations of the series. Basically, nothing that came out beyond the Switch's launch were considered. This list also assumes that all of the base roster from SB4 will return with the exception of Pac-Man which could potentially face legal problems. I also cut out every third-party DLC character save for Bayonetta who currently seems to have good standing with Nintendo. My main concern with third party DLC characters is that money may have been involved in the licensing which would be a lot harder to pull for the initial roster. 

Anyway, I tried to keep things really safe with this list. Just because a character is excluded doesn't mean I don't think they could get in. And I'm not trying to make any statements by cutting out specific characters. All in all, I think this list is pretty reasonable. When it comes to newcomers, I tried to limit myself to characters that can represent some aspect of the franchise they come from as that seems to be the mindset that Sakurai approaches his roster choices from. I just wanted to post this here to see if anyone had any thoughts or opinions on it, or if any of you have your own predictions for the next smash!

Archived