Revenge of the Big Five [NyxAvatar69 x Vergil]

Now, before I get into it, allow me to bring up one point.  This RP was started between myself and @IVergill via PM several months ago.  After a discussion regarding the fate of the RP on Discord, it shall be brought over here.  Since there is already heavy amounts of progress already made and copy and pasting all the older posts would take an eternity and a half, I'm just gonna leave his last response and follow up from there.

I mumble as I encounter those special individual this man is telling me since two unique police were standing behind the mayor during our discussion and the one he was referring to which will posed an obstacle if he was telling the truth. The old man began speaking up as he walk away from further answering more question and hearing Aurawing mumbling to himself as those two lack an answer as well to this situation. I remain here for a second think for a plan and began walking outside to find nobody but myself outside the tower looming down at me. Sigh escape my lips as I have gather a lot of intel from him but more question loom across this new problem rising behind this fair town and still thinking on what do to from here. "It seems finding those magical document will be quite the hassle, Vergil." I remain silent as my weapon began speaking as I struggle to think about a solution and grunting. "So what?" I ask. "Talking is weak, just take the information from those policeman with force and use me. I know you want to." He chuckles. No objection came as I remain silent while looking away from the tower and juggling my decision up to this point.

While Aurawing was busy with the old man, Crystal had walked back into town in hopes of finding more information on her own.  Unlike her visit yesterday, Crystal began to notice a number of police officers dressed up far differently than any cops she's ever seen.  Something about them bothered her a bit, but she had no idea what it was.  On a street corner, a few people were advertising tomorrow's comedy show as an opening act to the town festival.  In the corner of her eye, Crystal could've sworn she spotted a woman with long, blonde hair glaring at her.  Crystal thought she was imagining things and kept walking, ignoring the people who were passing out flyers about the comedy show.  As she walked around, she tried to listen for any talk of the Big Five or their activities, but all she heard was more gossip about the shop owner who had his store ruined by "a sudden gust of wind."

• Love 1

I sigh came from my lips as my hand instinctively grab the scythe from behind me as I hold him tight and could easily sense him eerie with joy from my decision to go down the path of destruction as he was a demon of destruction trap inside this scythe. My eyes stare down at the scythe held by my hands while his eyes shine with enjoyment from the incoming fun about to happen and recollecting everything before selling my own soul to this monster that I call an ally. All this time, my purpose was to keep this world safe from any and all strong magic that could bring the end of the world since many people could fall into temptation by that power itself. Right now, I am being judged by that belief as I had to sacrifice my goal to this demon just to capture and hearing him speak once again to pursue my mind. 

"Do it! What are you waiting for? You know you need my help to slay anyone that comes to our path!" Nyarlathotep exclaim. 

The sound of people made him look toward the direction of the town as he ignored for a bit on what Nyarlathotep spoke. I shake my head as I put him back behind me and walk down into the town silently while I deeply think about his bargain. 

Crystal made her way to the center of town, where a group of people were in the middle of putting the finishing touches on a large stage.  'It's surprising how oblivious they can be.  Their town is under attack from the Big Five and yet here they are, working on their festival as if nothing bad was happening at all.  It must be nice to be so carefree.  To not care about the bigger picture.' Crystal thought to herself, clenching her fists.  "No...it doesn't matter.  I have a task to handle.  It is my fault that the essences of the gods are scattered about." Crystal said to herself, shaking her head and starting to move towards the town hall, unaware that she was being listened in on by a certain chief of police.

Edited by NyxAvatar69
  • Love 1

I began to enter the town as the ruckus of the festival from previously before escalated a bit since the stage had more decoration around it and people passing flyers for the comedy act that was going to be held tomorrow. More people are looking at the progress of the festival while talking about a certain event involving wind which was nothing to my concern and walking aimlessly as I think about the incoming deal Nyarlathotep's proposed since It would be easier to take the information with force. As I continue to walk around the town, I manage to catch up to Crystal since I caught a glimpse of her appearance before engulf into the crowd and disappearance into the direction of the Town Hall where I discuss with the Mayor about the Big Five. While I slowly look away, my eyes widen to see a man staring at Crystal's direction which made me question his motive and wearing a rather bold uniform different from the townspeople around here. 

"Who is that guy? Why is he staring at Crystal?..." I thought. 

As Crystal made her way to the town hall, she took notice of the policewoman, Kristin, walking out of the building.  "I will be back shortly, sir.  I'm just going on a patrol.  After that man showed up, we can't be too careful." she called out before starting to walk away from the building until she got a call on her phone.  "What is it?" Kristin asked.  "We have word that a magic user was spotted practicing his craft in the fields.  We're on our way to intercept him, but we could use your help in case he gets violent." a man's voice replied.  Kristin didn't seem to react much to this news.  "I'm on my way." she simply responded before hanging up and breaking into a run towards the location.  Crystal watched her go, wondering where she was running off to and chose to follow her.  At a field, a single man was standing in the middle in a daze.  The grass around him was burnt and there was a scarecrow on fire.  He snapped out of his daze when he heard sirens and looked around as if he had no idea where he was or what was going on.  The person who had reported the magic use had returned with a number of people, and a small crowd began to form just as the police arrived.  "Huh?  What's going on?" the man asked as a couple of officers approached him.  "You are under arrest for the use of magic." the officer announced to the man as he made his way over.  "Magic?  You must be crazy!  I can't use magic!" the man said, raising his hands.  When he did, however, they were engulfed in a magical fire.  The man looked at his hands and screamed out, flailing his hands around while attempting to put out the flames. 

As he tried, one of the officers tackled the man, the flames going out almost instantly when the man hit the ground.  "Well, what was that?  That was clearly magic, punk." the cop said while he kept the man restrained.  "I'm serious!  I've never had any magical power in my entire life!  This is all a misunderstanding!" the man said.  As he tried to plead his case, people in the slowly growing crowd were mumbling among themselves.  "I can't believe it.  Austin's a scumbag magic user?  I let that monster borrow my lawn mower last week." a man said.  "Well, I hear that more magic users have been coming to town since Randall started renting out rooms in that house of his." a housewife pointed out.  "I bet that coward is just lonely living by himself in that big house.  You hear what happened to his wife?" another man added.  While the crowd's conversations got louder, Austin was trying to plead his case.  "I don't even know how I got here.  The last thing I remember was working on setting up the stage, and next I remember, I was here." Austin tried to say while the officer took out a strange pair of handcuffs and cuffed the man.  "That's what they all say." the officer said while lifting the man off the ground and guiding him towards the car.

I began to slowly notice a kindle blooming in the horizon as the ignite began to burn the air itself which cause a small uproar among the townspeople of this injust town to look up and pointing at the odd wildfire occurring not so far from where I was standing. My eyes narrow at this odd blaze dancing in the wind as I could feel magic coming from that fire and making me curious to find what's causing that ruckus since magic is rather prohibited around here. The thought of problem coming soon made me walk toward the sight of the scene to witness some sketchy view of a man pleading guilty of not using magic and seeing the policeman arresting the man for obviously using magic. Indeed, that fire was made with pure magic as the crowd began to snarl and whisper behind the man's back as they talk about their evil thoughts. I remain silent as I watch the man pleading helplessly as nobody dares to protect him which made me sigh at the disgusting sight of this people until my eyes detected a rather perfunctory hodded person blending into the mob. 

"Wait....don't tell me.." I whisper, stun. 

I softly growl as I began to push aside any people getting in my way while the hooded person began to move and causing me to speed up my walk. My eyes became lock toward this oddly figure moving around to finally walk toward a dark alley with me right behind me. 

"Oh~It is finally my turn to play?Nyarlathotep excitedly ask. 

"Let's go," I command. 

The man turns into a sharp corner as I pull my scythe out to began running across the gap alley and hearing my fast step booming across this cold walls. The sight of the corner zooming in made me leap toward the expected person but the unexpected welcome of an empty alley made me confused. My eyes scan the area quick to find nothing but thin air from this little chase and pounding the wall at the loss of a potential lead. 

"What do you think you're doing?" a woman's voice questioned.  Standing at the front of the alley was the police chief who was with the mayor, Kristen.  She glared at Vergil as she asked her question, clearly not trusting what he may be doing in the alley.  "A man was found using magic, yet he claims to have no magical power.  It's likely that one of them is behind this, so I went to investigate.  Instead, I find you.  The mayor isn't here to interfere this time, so now it's time you answer my question honestly.  Who are you and why do you want the documents containing the Big Five's magic?  Don't you dare give me a bullshit excuse like you did with the mayor.  That old man will believe any idiot's sayings." Kristin questioned.

"Tsk, he manages to get away despite our distance." I snarl. 

I scuff at the person escaping from me while I slowly put my scythe away on my back and thinking about what to do with this information since it seems the mastermind is making a move here. It seems that this job must require a lot of patience for me to do something and perhaps a help from someone which I quickly shook away from my mind about it. I don't seek any help from anyone as I can do it all alone like the many time, as I thought about the plan, I could sense someone presence approaching here and Nyarlathotep slowly closing his eyes. 

"It looks like we have some company, Vergil.Nyarlathotep spoke, softly.

My body turns around to see the familiar policewoman from the Town Hall, Kristin and listen to have a big suspicion against me for being asking some question about the Big Five. Her words were quite confident about the request she "kindly" ask and I have to give her credit for standing against me despite she could of risk her life proving so. In fact, an Idea appears inside of my head as she could cooperative with me and tell me information about anything worth my while. My narrow since she was someone of importance for her to be there and could hold some good intel that could push me into the right direction when coming to find the Big Five and their mind control leader. 

"What I told you back there was all you have to know, Ms. Kristen but if I was a magic-user, what could you possibly do at your situation when you come in the dark alley by your lonesome with a magic-user?" I explain. 

"I wouldn't underestimate someone you hardly know.  Being the chief of police gives me certain benefits in order to deal with magic users like you.  Now, I want the truth from you.  Why do you want the documents containing the Big Five's magic?  Do you intend to use them to cause havoc and destruction that magic users like you revel in like monsters?  If that is your goal, I will make sure you will never obtain those documents.  I'll crush the thief and anyone who intends to use those documents." Kristin said.

I narrow my eyes at this woman not flinching to my warning of dealing with a magic-user which was worth a praise from a human and she did have a point when it comes to her status which holds some sort of mystery revolving around it. Nevertheless, telling her the truth could lower my suspicious to some degree and I glance behind me to catch a glimpse of Nyarlathotep's eyes opening slightly. 

I sight, "As I say before, I have no plan to use those document for wreaking havoc among the world but to rather disposed of them later with a rather specific magic ritual and making sure nobody with evil intentions will grab a hold of these powerful magic." I explain. 

I told the truth to see her reaction from my explanation and even if she did try to blur this info out, I can try to keep her mouth shut if such heavy choice come into play.  

Kristin shook her head in response to this.  "I see you have no intention of giving me the truth.  Typical of one of your kind.  Let me warn you of one thing, magic user.  If you are caught using magic in this town, I will make sure you are sentenced to live the rest of your days inside Tower Penitentiary with no chance of release.  An eternal prison in that tower is what your type deserves." Kristin coldly said before turning around and starting to walk away, likely to go and search for the robed figure who had gotten away.

• Love 1

I became a bit unimpressed by such warning since I have to time for such childish act and began moving into the town while traversing an unknown route through the back alley. Such path lead me into the familiar Town Hall and sighing at the result of that wild goose chase and puzzle by the fact I am back at square one despite the intel I have gather.

”What should I do next? Should I?....” I mutter.

Silent fall down on my thoughts as I turn around to see him looking at me back and predicting my ideas about his wager which sounded tempting. 

Edited by lVergill

Crystal made her way out of the town hall after having heard generally the same story that the mayor had told Vergil earlier.  "The mastermind must not know what kind of power they have hidden away in that tower.  Then there was that other thing he said..." Crystal said to herself as she walked away from the town hall, remembering a part of her conversation with the mayor.  "You know that these things are likely going to attack again.  My partner and I can provide-" Crystal had tried to say to the mayor, but the man simply raised a hand and shook his head.  "I'm sorry, miss, but we don't need the help of a mercenary.  This town already has one person approved to use magic, and they are the protection we need outside our Anti Magic Forces." the mayor had replied.  Crystal thought over what the mayor had said, trying to wonder who this one person approved to use magic might be.  When she couldn't figure it out, Crystal stopped walking and let out a sigh.  "The mysteries just keep piling up.  This is such a pain.  I might as well head back for now.  Maybe Aurawing found out something from that old man." Crystal added, starting to make her way back towards Randall's house.

• Love 1

I became a bit lost but quickly gasp as I see Crystal walking out of the Town Hall as she just received the intel I have gathered and looked a bit lost just like me. Ironically, we both were as if we need something else to guide us toward this little, hidden problem around this odd town and I noticed her walking away toward Randall's house. My body began to follow her right behind her as if telling me to follow her and probably even talk but such option wasn't available due to our circumstance getting in our way. 

"I hope you know what you are doing..Nyarlathotep mutters.

• 2 weeks later...

By the time Crystal returned to the house after her investigation and the lack of results of said investigation, it was the early afternoon.  Part of her felt like that when she walked inside, her uncle would pester her about what she wanted for lunch.  While she knew he meant well, his constant attempts at trying to get close annoyed her a bit.  Crystal let out a low sigh and walked into the house, making her way to the kitchen to find Aurawing sitting alone at the table, eating half of a sandwich.  "You sure took your time." Aurawing said when he noticed Crystal walk in, pushing the plate with half a sandwich across the table towards her as she walked over.  "Take it.  That human came downstairs while I was waiting and insisted he make this for me.  Apparently, he works from this establishment in a room on the third floor, fiddling around with one of those metal boxes with the board that has letters on it." Aurawing began as Crystal took the sandwich half off the plate and took a bite while Aurawing turned towards her.  "I could feel a dormant power within him.  He has the potential to use magical power, but there was something else there.  A deep fear is blocking that potential.  Fear of magical power and those who use it.  I do not know the exact details of this fear, but it would be better to avoid training close to this building." Aurawing continued.  Crystal nodded in reply to this as she took a seat next to Aurawing.  "If he knew about us and what we could do, then I doubt he'd want us around.  This situation isn't helping the case, either." Crystal added.  "Speaking of which, did you acquire any new information while you were off on your own?" Aurawing questioned.  Crystal took a moment to eat her sandwich before she answered.  "The mayor is paranoid.  He had two armed guards in his office and more charms than a low class mage and he's still afraid.  I tried to offer our services to him, but he said that this town only needed one person approved to use magical power.  He refused to tell me who this person was, but I think it should be pretty obvious.  Whoever it is has to be close to him.  Otherwise, everything he had said was just the same thing the old man said." Crystal explained.  "Even now, our number of leads are low.  The essence we seek had been confiscated by the chief of police, a woman named Kristin, and sealed up within the tower prison.  If this mastermind the old man mentioned is inside that prison, it is likely they have discovered this essence of the gods.  We have no idea what this essence may be or how dangerous it could be.  It appears we will be unable to escape a fight with the Big Five." Aurawing pointed out while he stood up.  "We have to get that essence back.  Humans can't handle the power of gods.  These things can destroy the world we busted our asses to fix because of a bunch of perfectionists." Crystal said.  "Indeed.  Whoever this mastermind might be, we will have no choice but to engage them in combat at some point, along with the other members of the Big Five.  Go and get changed, Crystal.  It is time for training." Aurawing said.  Crystal nodded and started walking towards the door, but Aurawing stopped her with another comment.  "Do not push yourself too hard, Crystal.  You are not the one true god.  You are simply a human.  Do not follow this mission to it's conclusion, blind to all else around you." Aurawing said before starting to walk away.  Crystal clenched her fists, knowing exactly what Aurawing meant.

Elsewhere, Maxim, the green cloaked man, and another figure, waited patiently in the underground chamber lit by a single flame.  A fourth figure slowly stepped into the room, and judging by their body type, this person was a woman without a doubt.  "Our time fast approaches.  Tomorrow is the pre festival comedy show.  We shall show Glasford's hypocrites the power of the Big Five and give them something to fear.  The mayor will be given no choice but to release the seal on this tower and let us unleash our full might." the woman said, turning towards Maxim, who was absently leaning against the wall near the remains of the stone statues of Crystal, Vergil, and Aurawing.  "Maxim, you will show them the hopelessness of their situation with your special magic.  Do not go overboard, but make them tremble in fear." the woman continued.  Maxim gave a silent nod while the green cloaked man turned towards the woman's voice.  "Talon, you shall know your role when the time comes.  If Maxim fails, you will have another chance at ripping apart the girl with the weapon of the gods." the woman replied, turning her attention to the third figure standing far away from the light.  "And I'm sure Miaru wants to drain the other ones of their magical power." the woman added.  The strange figure slowly looked towards the woman, red eyes glowing in the darkness around them.  "Then it's settled.  Tomorrow, the Big Five makes their first official appearance as the future rulers of not just Glasford, but the world." the woman finished.

Meanwhile, a man with brown hair similar to Crystal's was sitting on a train, reading a newspaper with the front page article being about the strange happenings in Glasford.  "The magic of the infamous Big Five.  If I can acquire that power, it'll put me on the fast track to becoming the king of this world.  My daughter...she is a fool for rejecting the power of the one true god.  I will destroy her and that spirit companion of hers and make her see my way is the only right one." the man said to himself.

• 2 weeks later...

My step softly echoes in the thick forest as I follow Crystal back to their usual hangout which made me believe that she has given up for today as the afternoon sun was setting down from the horizon and making me feel the same way about today's investigations. I could hear someone having a conversation with Aurawing as I sneakily went inside while keeping his magic at bay and hearing Crystal's voice replying to him back which was obvious. Still, he has gotten some intel about their objective which he didn't understand about god and such nonsense was being held inside that tower which also holds those power runes that hold powerful magic. They mentioned about training outside this structure as they left but I didn't bother on chasing them as I have to rest for today and recollect on everything I have gathered for today while thinking on the wager Nyarlathotep spoke of. The sound of sigh escapes my lips as I left and slowly head upstairs toward my room to rest for the day since I have no other purpose to be outside of this place, for now. The door open to my twist of the doorknob as I came into my room while locking the door and pulling my scythe to drag it with me into the bed which I lay down. 

"So? Are you ready for me to help you out?Nyarlathotep spoke

I remain quiet as I rub my eyes with my fingers to think of an answer but at this point, I am desperate to have resulted from this little chase of cat and mouse while also being turned down. A long sigh fills this room while I remove my hand away from my face and face Nyarlathotep directly, as he looks amused with the next thing I will say to him. 

"What do you want me to do?..." I mutter. 

Even with a mouth, I could feel an evil grin appearing in those eyes from hearing my curiosity get the best of me and wanting to see what he could truly do. 

"It's easy, close your eyes and concentrate hard.Nyarlathotep answer. 

I began to follow his advice as I slowly close my eyes and began thinking very deeply as my body relax while feeling Nyarlathotep's presence growing outside. The next moment, I open my eyes to find myself in an empty, white place of pure nothing and looking a bit confused by this. The room I was in was gone from this realm as I began to look at a dark-red orb hovering in front of me and scratching my head at this sudden chain of events happening to me. 

Hello, Vergil

My eyes slowly widen as Nyarlathotep voices came out from that strange dark orb inside this strange place which made me walk over it and a bit angry for this prankster to pull something like this without my consent. 

"What are you doing? and where am I exactly? This isn't a place you can warp us since I can't feel nothing in here." I ask, grumbling. 

This is your consciousness, and I brought you here to help you with your little problem.

"What! Who gave you per-" 

You need my help, don't you? To get the power, to get some answer, and get the girl.

"I don't need her, you don't know nothing about me." I spoke. 

But right now, you are weak, Vergil. You will be left behind by Crystal and become utterly useless to everyone or even worse, you won't protect anything. 

"...." 

I grit my teeth at the plausible outcome which is something I didn't want to come into and angry at myself for being quiet to give in to his temptation for more raw power. 

"And why do you care?" I ask. 

I am just another friend that cares. 

My eyes darted around looking for some answer to that but I sigh as I calm down and getting a bad feeling from all of this but, I need more power to do something before anything bad happen to these people. 

"Can I trust you?..." I mutter.

Of course, I will help you like no one in this entire world can.

My legs keep moving forward toward this malice orb hovering into the air as my hand slowly reach up for it and stop with a little question holding me back to be sure of something. 

"What's the cash?" I ask, curious. 

Only to let me in.

I gasp shockingly at Nyarlathotep demand as my body slowly retreat back and wanting me to let him inside my body to do something with me. 

"Let you in?.." I whisper. 

So I can HeLp YoU oUT.

The dark-red orb began to expand at an unbelievable rate that the blank space was being corrupted by Nyarlathotep's power and I began to pant heavily as his power was mixing with mine. I kneel down in the floor as my body aches from having his immense power filling my consciousness and becoming unbearable to hold so much inside. The sound of static fill my ears drums as they could burst from this and my body screaming in pain to stop as I let out a painful scream. 

AAAAAAAAAhhhhhh!!!!

As Crystal and Aurawing were in the middle of Crystal's training session outside, Aurawing felt a disturbance in the air.  While he was still able to easily block Crystal's sword swing with his own weapon, something felt off to him.  Assuming it was coming from the tower, he turned towards it while remembering an important detail the old man had told him and Vergil back at the old shack.  'He is a very dangerous man named Maxim. While I knew very little about him personally, his expertise in magic lies in the ability to turn people to stone. It is very important that you do not let him or his power make contact with you. If he can turn you into stone, you and your power will be his tool. I am unsure of what that man was ever thinking. He was quiet, but also cold and calculating.' Aurawing remembered the old man say.  He slowly moved his hand towards the necklace he was wearing that had the two strange stones.  'I cannot let this Maxim get control of the essences.  If the mastermind learns of the power of the gods, they could put the entire world in danger.' Aurawing thought to himself.  He knew he had not told Crystal anything about Maxim or his powers, deciding to keep that information to himself for the time being.  'I may need to make a move I will regret.  Something a human would do.' Aurawing added.  He shook his head, turning to Crystal, who was practicing on her own against an enemy that wasn't actually there, but it was a training technique that Aurawing taught her when she was younger.  Using his Spirit Link with Crystal, he could feel her desire to beat the wind mage from the previous night, the man named Talon.  "Humans are so simple." Aurawing said to himself.

Vergil slowly opens his eyes as his eyes became red but it quickly hides into complete darkness to Vergil's original eye color and look around his room like it was his first time being here but quickly lean back down to rest. He decides to sleep after all until tomorrow where he could make his move at long last and closing his eyes to fall into a deep slumber from the exhaustion of walking everywhere while thinking on the enemy. Still, a large wide grin appears on his face which isn't something Vergil would do and yet he was bolder than his original personality show before while he mutters something under his breath before sleeping. 

"Soon, the world will tremble..." Vergil whisper.