I Will Love You, Unconditionally {Shuya "Cheshire" Hideaki x PinkKitten}

As she dabbed the small crumb off of his face, his skin turned a deep shade of scarlet and he turned away to avoid letting her see it. He glances at her to see that she had obtained the same look of embarrassment on her face as well

"Ah... S-sorry about that..."

"Th-That's really my fault...I'm sorry," Areum murmurs as she apologizes again, trying to smooth over the moment by sitting down and pulling out her laptop. "So...let's talk about the project," she says, now addressing the two girls as well. It's time to quit goofing off and get a little work done!

"So here's the page of resources the professor gave us...we can use that as a starting point," she says, doing her best to focus on the assignment. 

Seha nods and looks over the first page, quickly jotting down notes in his neat cursive on lined paper. He glances at the screen every so often to make sure that he didn't misspell anything.

When he's finished writing, he places his pen on the table, perfectly level with the edge of his notebook

Areum's fingers rapidly click against her keyboard as she types up her notes, since all of her work these days is on her laptop anyway. She doesn't focus on precision so much as she does on covering as much ground as is humanly possible. Already, she's trying to figure out the trends in the sources available, and by the time she's gone over each page, she has a general idea of which ideas she wants to pull together.

Seeing that Seha is already finished, she sends him a smile of acknowledgment. Despite her usually bubbly self, she manages to keep quiet until the other girls are done. "So here's what I was thinking," Areum says as she turns around her laptop so they can see her screen, where she already created a makeshift chart. "I think with these sets of documents, we can make this claim over here, and then we have a bunch of contrasting arguments over here." She frowned a little as she highlighted a circle to the side. "I can't think of how these papers will add anything to our presentation, though..."

Before anyone can add anything to her statement about the papers, Seha points to a small line of crucial info in each of them that would be valuable if taken in the right context.

"You've always gotta look for another perspective. If they don't understand, then explain it."

Seha gives a small smile before shutting himself up with a sip of the latte that Areum had purchased for him, followed by a small nibble of the croissant

Areum watches as Seha points out information that she completely overlooked in her search for shortcuts. "Those are really great points!" she says in genuine surprise, also inwardly feeling relieved that he had volunteered his views all by himself. Her two friends also watch in awe as they nod, now seeing those seemingly small pieces of evidence in a different light.

Her fingers rapidly flash over her keyboard as she updates her notes to adjust them along the lines of Seha's suggestions. Subconsciously mirroring his actions, she too smiles and takes a sip of her latte, enjoying the fragrance and light milky creaminess before turning her attention back to her screen. This time, her two friends also chip in tentatively, suggesting changes here and there and they chatter as they discuss the merits of each case.

But now that Seha already volunteered to speak once, there's no way Areum is letting him off again. "Seha, what do you think?" she asks in an apparently innocuous tone as she tries to coax more participation out of him and get him comfortable with the group.

As he is targeted, and every set of eyes at the table turns to him, he flushes. He takes a rather large bite out of the croissant, hoping to buy himself some more time before he had to answer. He swallows after chewing for a bit and sighs softly.

"How about these?"

He cautiously takes hold of the computer, making sure that it was alright with Areum before beginning to type and highlight things to pronounce the clarity of the statements in his edits

Areum pushes her laptop towards him encouragingly. Not only does he have really great ideas, but she loves seeing him come out of his shell, even if it's only for something like school work. She guesses that he's shy. However, as long as he's volunteering to speak up, she'll absolutely press him for more.

The three girls chat about his edits. Overall, they're excited by the new possibilities he showed them, and though they have minor disagreements, by the time the three of them are done compromising and hashing things out, the final notes still retain a lot of what Seha originally said.

"This look alright to you, Seha?" Areum asks, looking a little bit proud of their draft. It certainly looked comprehensive to her. Now that the girls were happy, she wanted to check with him, and if he didn't mind then she would be satisfied with their work for the day.

He nods and takes a sip of his latte before looking up at the clock. He stands and pushes his chair in, waving a silent goodbye to them

"I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow"

He begins to slowly walk back towards the dorms, making sure not to spill his latte and finishing the delicious croissant

Areum pouts a little as Seha only nods and then gets up to leave. As he leaves the cafe, she sighs. "I thought we were making so much progress..." The other girls shake their heads. "Areum...you're taking this way too seriously. It's just a group project and then we don't have to deal with that guy anymore."  

"I know...but...it's just a bit annoying." They were a team, after all. What was the point of a group project if it didn't build on relationships with one's classmates? "It's a shame. There's definitely more to him than meets the eye..." She smiled. "...And I'm gonna find out just how much there is."

The three of them decided to wrap things up and head on back to the dorm. It was a bit early still so Areum intended to work in one of the common areas to do a little homework before heading to dinner.

Seha, for once, decided to sit next to the fireplace in the common room of his dorms, only heading to his room to grab his book. He sits down in one of the chairs and opens his book, starting up where he'd left off mere moments ago.

He reads for a few minutes, occasionally glancing up to see some of the other men or females in those dorms walk in and give him a look of surprise, usually whispering something along the lines of "That's weird... He's never out of his room."

Areum made her way to the common room, looking around for an empty place to sit. However, it seems as if there's quite a buzz going through the room, and she peers curiously inside to see who could be causing such a hushed commotion. Peeking over the back of one of the chairs, she can see a familiar head of dark hair and she smiles brightly. 

"Fancy meeting you here," she says lightly as she drops herself into the seat opposite of him, opening her books and homework. "I'm glad, though," she hums as she picks up her pencil and leans over her work. "You left so suddenly..." She says it regretfully but without any reproach in her tone.

His coal black eyes fall upon hers and he lifts his book higher to avoids the gaze of anyone else. He closes his eyes and his book before leaning his head against the side of the chair

"Yeah. Sorry about that... There was too many people... I was actually thinking about heading back to my dorm with all the fuss happening now..."

Areum is a bit confused by why he seems averse to having many people around. Can it be claustrophobia? She honestly has no clue. "Ah, it's fine," she replies when he apologizes. "Would you want to work somewhere with fewer people next time?" she asks to see whether or not she'll have to plan differently for the future.

As she talks, she works through the problems on her homework, glancing up every few seconds to make eye contact with him to let him know that her attention is still firmly on him. 

"Nah, you're good. I can deal with it."

His voice was distant behind his book as he continued reading, but paid perfect attention to her as she spoke to him. To be honest, he didn't really like crowded areas, but he didn't particularly mind them, either. It was the fact that he had been socializing that shocked him and made him need a bit of time to recall the recent events

Areum watched him thoughtfully before returning to her work, before her staring at him got too weird. After all, if he was just used to getting out of his room, it would probably be best not to scare him off.

She pulled out her phone and earbuds, putting only one earbud on so that she could hear her surroundings and she began to relax as she listened to the music and powered through her assignment.

About an hour later, a soft, peaceful snoring can be hear in Seha's direction as he fell asleep in the chair. The way that he slept curled up in the chair made him seem content and peaceful. His book had fallen into his lap, still on the page that he had left off on. A few strands of his dark hair had fallen over his face, hiding one of his lidded eyes from her

Areum glanced up as she heard a light snore in between her music. She giggled softly when she saw that Seha had fallen asleep. He was rather adorable like this, and she was extremely tempted to brush the hair from his face so that she could see him looking so unguarded, but she knew that would be super weird. She had already crossed a line today wiping the crumb from his mouth.

The thing was, the longer she looked, the more tempted she became. She let out a sign and turned her eyes back to her homework.

"A..."

Seha gave a small piece of a word in his sleep, a small smile coming to his face as he slept peacefully, obviously dreaming of something that made him happy. The book falls from his lap, closing and losing his spot in the book.

He wakes up a small while later, muttering something along the lines of "Fuck, I fell asleep..." Under his breath. He picks up his book and finds his spot before flagging the page and standing to leave.

At the sound of a single syllable leaving his lips, Areum's gaze locks onto him, staring intensely as if that's going to tell her what he was dreaming about. Seeing how it made him smile like that, she wants to find out what it is to get to know him better.

She swiftly looks away when he wakes up but then changes her mind and looks at him again when she notices he's about to leave. She waves, taking her earbud from her ear as she calls, "I'll see you at dinner?"

He stops and turns to her, his tired eyes locking onto hers as he questions himself. He nervously scratches the back of his head at the nape of his neck before answering her

"Uh.. Dinner?"

He raises a brow and puts his hands, along with his book in his pocket as he waits for her to answer. He looks at the crowd of people that had dispersed, but still looked at him.

Areum raises an eyebrow and smiles inquisitively. "Yeah...Dinner. You are going to eat, right?" She quickly pulls up tonight's cafeteria menu on her phone. "It's going to be better than usual tonight..." She flashes her phone screen at him. Instead of the usual chicken and sad steamed vegetables, there's actually some variety. Even when there isn't, at least you can commiserate with your classmates. 

"Are you not hungry?" she asks, speaking just under a mile a minute.

It doesn't exactly come as a shocker that Seha prefers to eat in his room. But what does come as a surprise is when he himself raises the possibility of going with her. Areum's smile widens as a soft gleam enters her crystal blue eyes. 

"If you don't mind~" She says as she stands, packing away her papers and textbooks. 

He sighs and smiles before nodding and turning back to leave.

"Fine, but let me grab something first."

He disappears into his room, staying in there for a few minutes before coming back out one earbud in his ear and the other looped around his ear

"Alright, we're headed to the cafeteria, right?"