I Will Love You, Unconditionally {Shuya "Cheshire" Hideaki x PinkKitten}

Areum sits down at the pool's edge, glancing up at Seha and noticing his discomfort. She swiftly slides into the water, shivering slightly from the temperature change but she ignores it and instead splashes a little water in his direction to get his attention on her instead of the curious observers.

"Wanna race me?" she suggests with a challenge in her smile. She didn't know whether or not Seha could beat her, but swimming is certainly not a weak point for her and she's determined to give him a good fight.

• Love 1

Seha smiles and chuckles softly as she splashes water at him, urging him to slide down into the cold water with her. He fights the urge to shiver and swims over to her. He thinks for a second to her question before smiling and swimming to the edge of the pool

"Sure. But what does the winner get?"

Areum's grin widens as Seha asks what the winner will get. She didn't expect him to be so competitive, though this only gives her motivation to give this race her all. 

She considers for a moment, the memory of their kiss lingering on her lips and she finally decides. "How about this? Loser has to give the winner the date of his or her choice?" Maybe it is a bit of an excuse for them to go on a date, and the knowledge of that makes Areum blush, but she isn't going to back down on this.

• Love 1

Areum grins in response and grabs onto the edge of the pool, pulling herself into position and glancing down at the other end. "Here and back?" She suggests. Now that there's a fun prize, she's a bit more interested in trying her best to win. And that means trying to make things more difficult for Seha. Meanwhile, her mind buzzes around, thinking about just what sort of date she'll ask for. Not to be overconfident, but Areum wants to be ready.

• Love 1

Seha chuckles softly and nods before getting ready to push off of the wall wnd start swimming. He slowly counts down from three, starting as soon as he says "Go." He starts swimming as fast as he can, his movements a bit janky due to how long he'd been sitting alone and not really doing anything productive besides schoolwork. He found himself falling g behind, despite his best efforts

Areum begins swimming the moment she hears the start signal. Even though she doesn't start out that fast, she moves steadily as a result from her frequent jogs and when she gets to the other side, she executes a smooth flip turn and swims back without stopping. Once she's at their starting point again, she looks for him triumphantly, proud to see that he hasn't made it back yet.

Seha returns to the starting point nearly two seconds after Areum, grabbing the side of the pool and shaking his hair out as he hoists himself up on the edge of the pool. He looks down at her and smiles, reaching up and slowly stretching as his arms began to feel a teensy bit sore. He reaches down and pats her head gently

"Hmm... I guess this means you won. Where to take you, though..."

Areum blinks and blushes when he pats her head, not having expected that at all though she doesn't have any complaint. She pulls herself up next to him and shivers slightly when her wet skin hits the cool air, now thinking quite gravely as she tries to make up her mind on what kind of date she wants.

"So...I was thinking maybe we could have ramen at my favorite place...and then maybe~ Go to a concert?" She isn't sure that he'll agree to all of that after just a few days, but she wants to try it out.

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

"Ramen, huh? I haven't had some good ramen in forever..."

Seha looks down at her, giving a small, kind smile before stretching out his back and gently beginning to walk towards his towel. The water droplets ran down his bare skin, glistening gently from the overhead lights and the natural light flooding in through the skylight.

He picks up his towel and ruffles his hair with it before drying the rest of himself off and tying it around his waist, looking back towards her before straightening his hair back and placing his hand on his side

"I did lose the bet, so I guess I'm game, love"

• 3 weeks later...

Areum beamed at his words before she pulled herself out of the water and grabbed her towel, the air on water immediately making her feel a bit cold. "Then this'll be a real treat. It's super good, I promise!" She was already feeling a bit hungry thinking about which ramen option she would order. It wasn't that she was too picky about the food she ate on a daily basis but still...ramen was better than her average meal.

Drying herself off was helpful for warming her up, and now she snuggled comfortably under her towel as she watched Seha. His words made her blush a little and she raised an eyebrow quizzically, surprised that such a casual way of calling her "love" would come out of such a quiet, shy boy. Perhaps he only seemed quiet and shy. What if he was actually a playboy in disguise? Areum somehow doubted that wild conclusion; after all, she knew enough people and she'd never heard any such rumor about Seha. Nevertheless, she remained confused, though she smiled to try to cover it up.

"So...um...when do you wanna do this?" she asked with a touch more timidness than normal. She wasn't used to acting so forward.

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Seha smiles at her eagerness, lifting a brow and chuckling softly to himself. He finds that she seems to particularly enjoy food, and can see how she is thinking about something, probably what food she would order. He grabs his shirt and gently tugs it on, feeling the warm fabric in comparison to the cool moisture on his body touch his skin and he gives a small smile as he sees the blush on her cheeks. He removes the towel and gently folds it before dropping it into the dirty towel hamper. He waits for her to follow, looking into her clear, crystal blue eyes

"Well... That depends. When would you like to go? I would prefer that we go to the VIXX concert as soon as we can"

• 3 months later...

Areum dried herself off slightly with the towel before brushing it vigorously through her pink hair to stop it from dripping cold water down her face and neck.  She smiled up at Seha, very casually lifting the towel to her cheeks to hide the pink flush that deepened in response to his gaze.  Areum gave herself a few moments to wipe the towel over her face before answering him. 

"Well, there is one at the end of the week," she said as she thought about it.  It was usually difficult to get concert tickets on such short notice, but they could probably still manage to get some.  "So how about we buy tickets soon, and then we can plan around that?" Areum suggested.

• Love 1

Seha watches curiously as Areum seems to cover her face to try and hide something after drying herself off before wiping off her face and answering him. He nods in agreement to her statement of getting tickets soon and then planning around it. He throws his towel onto his shoulder, letting it hang off of him as he picks up his phone and starts searching up areas that still have available tickets for the concert. He finds a place, luckily, not too far from the campus where they can find some tickets at a reasonable price

"That's a good idea... Looks like I've already found some, so I'll get those tonight and then we can build our schedules around that."

Seha smiles at Areum before turning and starting to walk back to the dorms and expecting Areum to follow suit and he shakes his hair out gently to try and get even more of the moisture out of it. While he succeeds, his hair decides to disapprove of the action by making his hair poof outwards slightly and makes him give a disgruntled grunt and reach up to smooth it all back down

"So... We going to dinner tonight, after the concert, or sometime between now and then?"

• 1 month later...

Areum brushed her hand lightly across her cheek and decided that her face had cooled down enough from her fluster and she smiled in response to Seha's words. She was excited at the thought of going out and getting to know Seha better, which was turning into a lot more than she had initially expected.  For one thing, he was a lot more normal than one would have thought, for a guy who spent almost all of class in complete isolation from the other students.

"That sounds good.  I'm pretty much done with my homework, so aside from some reading, I'm free today."

As she followed Seha back towards the dorms, she didn't bother using her towel to soak up much more of the water from her hair since she figured she'd have to blow-dry it anyway; her hair was too long to dry quickly enough in time for dinner.  So instead, she simply made sure it wasn't dripping wet and she bundled it up in a turban with her towel.

She giggled softly at the sight of Seha's unruly hair, resisting a sudden urge to try to pat it down, and she nodded.  "Yeah, how about dinner first?  I think we'll have more fun at the concert on full stomachs, and we can always catch a snack afterwards."

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

"Right, dinner first sounds good! Uh... Where should we go?"

Seha places a finger to his chin and a hand on his waist as he thinks, his mind lost as he tries to figure out where to go for dinner. When they reach his dorm, he picks up his phone and looks through a list of restaurants in the area. He spots one that he likes not too far from the dormitories and he smiles up at Areum.

"How do you feel about Chinese?"

Seha looks up at her as he sits on the edge of his bed and continues scrolling through the list of restaurants around them. 

Edited by Kalvoras Vertal

Areum smiles softly as she watches Seha look through their options for dinner and her thoughts automatically start to wander while she waits.  She glances over him absentmindedly until he surprises her with his smile, making her flush faintly but she reaches up to take the towel off her head, focusing on scrubbing it vigorously through her hair until it feels just dry enough not to drip.

"Chinese sounds good to me," she answers, the thought of food becoming slightly more tangible and making her begin to feel a twinge of hunger. She hesitates as she approaches him, taking a moment to debate whether to sit next to him to look at restaurants with him.  After thinking for a second, she precariously perches herself on the edge of his bed and leans over.

"Any ideas on what to order?"

• Love 1

"Well, let's see what they have..."

Seha taps on the link for the restaurant menu and beings to scroll through the options. He stops for a moment and looks over at her before turning the screen so that she can see their dishes.

"So, they have Peking duck, jellyfish, century eggs, hot pot, shrimp dumpling soup, sea cucumbers, etc. Anything you'd like in particular?"

Seha's stomach growls as he looks through the menu with Areum, his appetite growing as he glances over the delicious dishes in the menu. He occasionally glances at her to see if anything is catching her interest in particular.

Areum's eyes light up immediately at the mention of Peking duck, her mouth already watering at the thought of crispy duck skin and the taste of the sweet bean paste contrasting with the gamy duck meat. 

"Let's go!" Areum said, more excitedly than she had intended.  "I've been looking for a good Peking duck place," she explained.  Too many places she had been to didn't cook a proper Peking duck, instead swapping it out for a plain roast duck.  That tasted fine, too, but she wanted the real deal.

She giggled when she heard Seha's stomach growl.  "It'll fill you up for sure.  I think a whole duck between the two of us should be more than enough."

Despite that, Areum fully intended to try some appetizers from this place, as well.

• Love 1

Seha looks at her with wide eyes as she suddenly becomes excited from the sound of Peking duck. He nods and rubs his stomach when she giggles from hearing it. He thinks about it for a second before taking note of the address and the standing up to grab a shirt. He goes to slip out of his shorts, stopping as soon as he takes hold of the waist of the swimming trunks and suddenly remembering that Areum was still in the room with him

"U-um... We should get dressed first..."

He smiles shyly and goes to open the door for her to head to her dorm and change as well

"I'll wait for you by the cafe, alright?"

Areum smiles in embarrassment when Seha seems surprised by her enthusiastic reaction to Peking duck.  She looks up as he gets up to grab a shirt and seems about to undress in front of her, turning her face a vibrant shade of red, the awkward situation rooting her to the spot with her mind going blank.  She manages to collect herself when he opens the door and she mumbles something incoherent in agreement with his words as she hurries out the door, her cheeks still uncomfortably warm.

Once in her own room, she lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding and she hurries to her closet, throwing it open and looking for ideas to distract herself.  After staring for a bit, she grabs a pair of shorts and tank top, throwing it on and giving her hair a quick, last-minute blow dry.  Then, she leaves her room and goes to the cafe to meet Seha and head out for dinner.

• Love 1

• 5 months later...

Seha tries to comprehend what she mumbled under her breathe, but couldn't make out anything. He slides out of his clothes before changing into a plain, black T-shirt and gym shorts, making sure that he looks okay, but not bothering with his hair, before heading out the door to meet up with Areum. The way the her cheeks had turned pink in reaction to his being about to change clothes in front of her makes a slight pink dust his own cheeks as he thinks about how cute the look on her was.

He walks to the cafe, hoping to get there before her and he sighs in relief when he finds out that he's earlier than his companion. He orders a matcha for both of them, sitting down at a table and setting hers across the table from him while he waits and looks at the dinner menu.

• 2 months later...

Areum walks briskly to the cafe to catch up and waves when she catches sight of Seha.  She walks over to his table, sitting down at the seat clearly intended for her and draws the matcha close to her.

"Thanks for the drink," she says between grateful sips, enjoying the rich herbal taste that feels nice and refreshing after their swim.  Areum flips open the menu near her and scans its contents, getting hungrier with every item she reads.

"So...duck three ways?  It'll have the duck, a stir fry, and a soup so we get all the bits of duck," she suggested.  "And we can go with jellyfish as a cold appetizer, which should be plenty of food!"

Seha smiles at her as he watches her walk into the cafe, her outfit looking rather nice on her as he gives her a "You're very welcome" while he watches her sipping down her matcha. He takes a small sip of his before setting it to the right of him and subtly looks her up and down to examine her fully

"That all sounds good to me. I don't think I've ever had any of what you just said, so it'll be a new experience for me"