Ultra Calamity: A Pokemon Ultra Moon Nuzlocke - Episode 12: Ultra Necrozma

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.  The moment we've all been waiting for has come.  The time has come to confront the big, bad, light sucking Necrozma.  But before we go and ascend the Alter of the Moone at the end of Vast Poni Canyon, let's take a glance at who our Defenders of Alola's Light will be.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

From what you can see here, I chose to switch two team members out for this mission since they would not be providing much help in this epic battle.  Spark Plug doesn't have anything to hurt Necrozma too well and The Third, while useful, can't really take a hit too well.  To temporarily replace them, we have Shades, the Krookodile we got as a Krokorok in Haina Desert.  After him is a certain mon I mentioned getting a couple of episodes ago, but never brought up at any point after that.  Introducing Guardian, who, once upon a time, was a Shieldon.  He has a very special role to play here today.  Everyone else...well, they're all just kind of here in case my main plan fails hardcore and we face mass genocide.  Let's hope that doesn't happen, though.

So, we've survived the trial of climbing Vast Poni Canyon and the trial of Vast Poni Canyon.  Now, it's time to climb a massive flight of stairs at the Alter of the Moone.  Like seriously, who's bright idea was it to make so many stairs to your legendary Pokemon calling alter.  Whoever thought that was a good idea was likely pushed down the same stairs to their death or something.  Anyway, Hapu and Lillie come to join us as we marvel at this massive flight of stairs.  Since the game kind of expects you to walk in here right after your seventh trial, Lillie will give you a free heal...not that it matters much to me since I went back to go grind up Shades and Guardian.

So after the gigantic flight of ultra stairs, we get two more sets of stairs before the alter itself.  That's such a meme.  Anyway, Lillie will take position on one side of the alter with her Sun Flute, and with our Moon Flute, we'll take the other side.  Apparently, together, these flutes can summon the legendary Pokemon.  Only one way to find out.  Be ready before you do this, by the way.  You won't get a chance to prepare for what's next.

Anyway, after some tiny flute playing, magical fun time lights come up and open up a big light laser thing that fires on the crest in the middle of the alter.  Suddenly, Nebby flies out of the bag and into the light.  That fool!  Didn't he learn wherever he came from not to go into the light!?  Although, in this case, the light isn't a trip to the pearly gates, but instead is changing him...into the legendary Pokemon, Lunala.  Clearly, Lillie is shocked.  Nebby was the legendary Pokemon this entire time?!  Who would've thought.

After some Lunala cries and talking between Lillie and Nebby, something happens.  This is normally the part where Lunala opens up an Ultra Wormhole and we go aimlessly searching for wherever the heck Good Person Lusamine and Guzma dashed off to, but this is Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.  Instead of that, an wormhole opens up, spits out Lusamine and Guzma, and here's the bog boy himself, Necrozma.  Didn't see this one coming.  Lusamine wants us to run, but the problem is right here.  We can take a silly Necrozma by itself.  Plus, we have our own legendary Pokemon.  It's not like Necrozma is going to beat Lunala down and forcibly fuse with it like some kind of parasite, right?

...Um...well then.  I was wrong on so many levels.  Forced fusion, and now Dawn Wings Necrozma is born and opened up a bunch of wormholes because it can do that just with a cry.  That's...really bad.  Meanwhile, back on Tutorial Island, Hala and Hau are on a stroll until Hala feels a disturbance and then a big thingy shows up out of the sky, and now they're going to fight it, but not without a little deity help from Tapu Koko.

So, Olivia, Nanu, and Hapu, who somehow got to the Ruins of Hope in seconds, got their hands full while we have to fight Necrozma itself.  Remember when I said to get ready not even five minutes ago?

You have to fight Dawn Wings, or in the case of Ultra Sun, Dusk Mane Necrozma right away with no chance to prepare after all the cutscenes.  It's type is still whatever Solgaleo or Lunala's original type is, so use that information to your advantage.  Similar to Black or White Kyurem in Black 2 or White 2, you are unable to catch Necrozma at this time.  You have no choice but to push him back to protect the light of Alola...and save Nebby from this forced fusion by association.

Anyway, onto my strategy.  The reason I have Shades is simple.  He walls Necrozma pretty well due to his typing.  The only threatening move Dawn Wings Necrozma has to even hurt Shades is Lunala's signature move, Moongeist Beam.  Being a level higher with a Dark STAB and Black Glasses against a Psychic/Ghost type makes this checkmate.  He is still a legendary, though, so this may not be as simple as I'm saying it is.  On another note, I love this design.  Anyway, enough getting distracted by my enemy's cool appearance, one Crunch nearly instakilled Necrozma, and even better than that, Shades outspeeds.  One more Crunch and Necrozma is down...or is he?

Necrozma went to Good Person Lusamine's school of "it doesn't matter if you win," because even if you win, Necrozma opens up a wormhole below him and gets his suck on, draining Alola's light...even though it actually doesn't really affect anywhere at all.  Welp, that sure ended badly for us.  So, now we have no choice but to go after Necrozma.  How, though?  We don't have a legendary Pokemon with the power to open Ultra Wormholes anymore.  Naturally, and totally understandably, the Ultra Recon Squad is pissed at Lusamine for her earlier selfishness.  Apparently, Necrozma was distracted by the Z-Power Ring we have on hand.  So, let's go to...wait a minute.

Hold on a freaking second!  These two idiots had a Solgaleo this entire time!?  I don't care if it's not in their power to fight with it, they had a legendary Pokemon in their pockets this entire time and didn't use it when they were pissed off at us back at Aether Paradise?  They could've pulled that thing out after Good Person Lusamine went and opened the first wormhole instead of making me go through Vast Poni Hell.  Like I said earlier, Alola is full of idiots.  Can't wait until I conquer it for myself.  Anyway, we have to use their Solgaleo to go through the Ultra Wormhole and chase after Necrozma.

So, one thing I should say.  This part sucks.  Ultra Warp Ride relies on motion controls.  You can go and get them switched in Heahea City at the Game Freak room in the building next to that research lab where we met Kukui's wife, but the first time is forced motion controls.  Can't be a Nintendo game without forced motion controls.  Other than that, there are more than just the wormhole we need to access.  This, ladies and gentlemen, is the Ultra Space Wilds, and a prime spot for an encounter.  Of course, I can only obtain one Pokemon since any other wormhole classifies as Ultra Space Wilds, and it would be unfair if I was allowed basically 4 free high leveled encounters.  Anyway, let's Ultra Warp Ride...for an encounter.

So before I bring up what wormhole I ended up in, for some reason, the Ultra Recon Squad have extras of their suits just laying around and we get to wear one.  That's...a little strange.  Anyway, once the ride began, I headed into a green warp hole, so my encounter this time is...an Audino.  Also known as Level 60 crap.  Welp, there goes a super amazing encounter chance.  I guess it wasn't meant to be.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I still caught it, but it's just...disappointing.  Anyway, since it's male, I named him Doctor Roy.

So, decent...ish stats, but really low Special Attack, which is a major shame for a Normal type.  He has Regenerator instead of Healer, so that's something nice.  Still an extreme disappointment, though.  A shame, really.  Enough shames, though.  Before we go and possibly get obliterated by a legendary, we want to pay a visit to Heahea City.  On the second floor of the building to the left of the lab where we met Kukui's wife, you'll find an Aether Foundation employee.  He'll only be there if you've used Ultra Warp Ride once, and he'll let you change whether you use motion controls or the Circle Pad.  Do yourself a favor and switch to the Circle Pad.  It'll make your experience with Ultra Warp Ride better.  With that aside, it's time for a showdown.

Welcome to Ultra Megalopolis, a place that was brought up big time before the game's release...and it only serves the purpose of our fight with Necrozma.  Anyway, right after our arrival, we meet more Ultra Recon Squad people, and these would be the idiots running around Alola if you were playing Ultra Sun.  Anyway, they tell us that Necrozma is sitting at the top of Megalo Tower, so let's walk down the straight path to it and bring the light back to Alola so I can continue my conquest.

We get a little backstory on Necrozma that it didn't used to be a light sucking monster and shared it's light, but I doubt we'll ever find out why he's become such a light glutton.  A nice elevator ride and another gigantic round of stairs later and here we are at the peak.  Meanwhile, things are getting bright and Necrozma is absorbing the light and taking on a new form.  I have to fight this monster.

Ladies and gentlemen, the time has come.  This is Ultra Necrozma.  For some ungodly reason, he gets ten additional levels from earlier, bumping him up to Level 60, the highest leveled thing we have been forced to fight at this point of the game.  Not only is it Level 60, for some stupid reason, the designers thought it would be a bright idea to give this thing a boost to all of it's stats and a signature move known as Photon Geyser.  Those unaware of this fight's existence get destroyed due to it's sheer power and coverage for it's Fairy weakness.  This is, to date, my least favorite forced legendary encounter ever.  Oh, and you still can't catch Necrozma.

So what's my plan for beating this monster?  Well, I did say that Guardian was here for a special role, and this is it.  Guardian's type and massive Defense stat helps him wall Necrozma...outside of maybe Smart Strike, but I have Metal Burst to help me deal with that.  One Photon Geyser took off about half of Guardian's HP, but I gave him a Sitrus Berry just in case, and a Metal Burst alone managed to tear off a chunk of Necrozma's HP.  A second one nearly killed Guardian, but my Metal Burst left Necrozma on a sliver of health because of course it would.  Luckily, I'm overstocked on items...is what I would say if Dragon Pulse didn't obliterate most of Guardian's HP, then followed by another Photon Geyser to kill him.

So remember when I said we might face genocide?  I think it's happening because my Plan A just died.  I thought of using Thug Life, but then he got critted straight away by Dragon Pulse and died, like the game is giving me the middle finger or something for trying to outsmart it.  There goes all the time I wasted grinding up Thug Life.  Plan C became "use Master Derp and pray to Arceus he can survive a hit and end this mess."  As always, Master Derp carries this team on his back and proves to everyone he is a force to be feared.  He took the Dragon Pulse...and lived on 2 HP.  I was so shocked to see it.  With a Shadow Ball to the face, Ultra Necrozma is finished.

The beast falls and Nebby is free along with Alola's light, but where did Necrozma go?  Likely ran off in an Ultra Wormhole, but that's not important.  We saved the light of Alola...but it doesn't change the fact that Thug Life is dead.  Anyway, the Ultra Recon Squad guys will come up and thank us, tell us about Ultra Necrozma, and offer us a Poipole of our own.  I chose to decline since you actually have the option, unlike a certain other time where you don't get a yes or no choice.  That time isn't until later, though.  Anyway, they also had a Lunala, and before I explode, I think we should just go back to Alola and take care of our dead, because we're not done yet.

We got a nice little welcoming committee of Lillie, Good Person Lusamine, Guzma, and the Ultra Recon Squad.  We get more thanks from the Ultra Recon Squad and some lore about the auras in Alola, and it turns out it's Necrozma's light...before it was contained?  You know, I think it's just some hastily written lore to make Necrozma sound like the cause for all of my problems.  Anyway, the Ultra Recon Squad leaves and I hope we never see them again.  Lillie and Good Person Lusamine have a little moment and we get the gift of Beast Balls from Lusamine...not that it matters since I said I'm only allowed one Ultra Space Wilds encounter to make things fair since they are Level 60 mons.  They're going to bring Nebby back to Aether Paradise after it had it's light sucked on by Necrozma, and who knows what Guzma is going to do.

We get another moment with Lillie before she heads off with Good Person Lusamine, and now we're on our own again...until Mina shows up.  You know, I just remembered.  She has a trial.  Well...crap.  My team is in no shape for a trial right now, but...we may as well do it, right?  First things first, though.  We have two funerals to attend today.

So, Guardian.  You were a pain to raise up from Level 15 to over Level 50.  I was hoping you wouldn't get eradicated by Necrozma, but...oh well.  These things happen.  You're my first death since the Lusamine's Lopunny incident.

As for Thug Life, you got unfairly screwed over.  That is all.  I wish you had more chances to put in work, but sadly, fate is cruel like that.  It doesn't always allow every mon to shine.  Anyway, now we have a problem.  Even with putting The Third and Spark Plug back into the party, I'm still short a spot.  We have a large number of battles coming up for this final trial, but I don't have anyone I'm dying to put in the team.  Ground types are currently an extreme problem to my team, and why is that relevant?  Well, let's remember that Hapu is a kahuna now, and she has a Mudsdale.  Out of all the types left, Ground is likely hers while Mina's trial will involve a Fairy type totem, and this totem is extremely dangerous.  It looks like we'll have to hold off on that trial for now while I hit the drawing board and grind up new potential team members.  So, next time, we've got one final trial and one more Grand Trial, then we're qualified for Kukui's Cuck League.  So, until next ti-

Wait a moment!  Before I end it off, I would like to hear the opinion of you, the readers, regarding encounters in Ultra Space Wilds.  As I mentioned before, I got my encounter from a green wormhole.  Would you consider each wormhole color a different encounter or all of Ultra Space Wilds as a whole being one, and only one, encounter?  I'd like to see what you think, and depending on the results, we could go on some wormhole encounter hunting.  Anyway, now for real, until next time.

Archived