[Challenges] Get your Game on!

4 minutes ago, lVergill said:

Vantage isn't necessary but I have check on chapters and oh noy.... 

DLC would of made it a bit easier and I have to....spend a lot of time on this game....

How did you beat it? 

Lots of resets and DLC grinding.  Stoneborn in the grinding DLC get Freeze on Lunatic (and Hard too in lategame, I think) in Conquest only, so it made fighting them a pain due to their extremely huge attack range.  I even had to reclass Corrin to Swordmaster just to get Duelist's Blow so I could beat Lobster Lord.  Chapter 26 is it's own living hell because of unlimited staves with tons of range on all staff using enemy units in that chapter, Iago included.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NyxAvatar69 said:

Lots of resets and DLC grinding.  Stoneborn in the grinding DLC get Freeze on Lunatic (and Hard too in lategame, I think) in Conquest only, so it made fighting them a pain due to their extremely huge attack range.  I even had to reclass Corrin to Swordmaster just to get Duelist's Blow so I could beat Lobster Lord.  Chapter 26 is it's own living hell because of unlimited staves with tons of range on all staff using enemy units in that chapter, Iago included.

I don't have DLC so I am quite screwed with that and Vintage isn't that OP in my opinion. I will start the hell anyways and try to do my own style if I manage to survive... 

2 minutes ago, lVergill said:

I don't have DLC so I am quite screwed with that and Vintage isn't that OP in my opinion. I will start the hell anyways and try to do my own style if I manage to survive... 

Vantage is useful to have because...

JnfLQO8.png

uWCb8oA.png

"On Hard, all of the Faceless get Poison Strike, while on Lunatic, this gets replaced with Grisly Wound. Some of the Faceless may carry both, and the ones in pairs have Seal Speed. The boss on Lunatic mode will have Savage Blow and Wary Fighter, in addition to the Grisly Wound all of the Faceless have."

All of that.  And that's just Chapter 7.  They lower your HP so fast with their own attacks combined with those two skills, and Seal Speed can screw you hard, especially since base Yato sucks so you're pretty much forced to use the Dragonstone to survive, which lowers Speed anyway.

1 minute ago, NyxAvatar69 said:

You could swing by my profile, where I've earned even more bragging rights.  Be glad, as now you aren't the only victim of losing to me via forfeit.

Grrrr! I won't lose next time! D=

This is still hell... 

Just now, NyxAvatar69 said:

We'll see about that 😉

Yeah, Chapter 2 sucks.  Chapters 3, 4, and 5 also suck.  Chapter 6 is honestly the sigh of relief before the real hell starts.

And the rest? I know chapter 10 is the main hell but what about the rest? 

Just now, lVergill said:

And the rest? I know chapter 10 is the main hell but what about the rest? 

Let me give you a list.

Chapter 7: I hate this chapter.  Grisley Wound + Poison Strike while the boss is a pain.

Chapter 8: Flora pls.  Also, visit two of the villages so you can get money,  Also, use Niles.  Trust me.

Chapter 9: Thank Naga, Azura is back!  This chapter sucks, and building the prison and capturing the boss is a good idea.  He's pretty good in earlygame...so you'll want to raise up Niles.

Chapter 10: *********

Chapter 11: Fairly tame outside of skills.  This chapter will teach you, without question, to look before you mindlessly rush in.

Chapter 12: So I heard you like Elise because she's a mounted healer.  It would be a shame if we not only made her unavailable this chapter, but you also have to fight the Lobster Lord.

Chapter 13: Takumi's descent into being -redacted- tool.  Also, I hate this chapter.

Chapter 14: *groans of increasing discomfort*
Also, get the boss of this chapter.  He's pretty good too.  The Shrine Maiden next to him has an Entrap, though, so be careful.

Chapter 15: Three units.

Chapter 16: Finally, a good unit that isn't Effie.  Lots of annoying skills, though.

Chapter 17: If you want, pick up a Master Ninja here.  Grisley Wound + Poison Strike is a cool combination.  Also, Locktouch.

Chapter 18: This.  Chapter.  Sucks.  A.  Lot.  Turn limits are awful.

Chapter 19: The beginning of Ultimate Hell.  Kitsunes are annoying.

Chapter 20: Tons of annoying units, and the first instance of a unit with a Hexing Rod.  Be VERY careful in Hayato's range.  Also, Fuga is a difficult unit to bring down thanks to his personal skill and weapon variety.

Chapter 21: Flier Simulator.  Also, this chapter sucks.  Really sucks.  Like, it's so bad, you may have no choice but to use Defense Tonics to survive.

Chapter 22: Welcome to Hoshido, also known as hell in a handbasket.  While Sakura is my favorite Hoshidan character, her chapter is awful.  Hana hits like a truck, tons of enemy reinforcements, and just a pain overall.

Chapter 23: If you've been raising up Niles, this chapter has Rallyman for capture.  Also, lots of rally skills and annoying things.  Snipers are running Counter, Hinata is pretty much surrounded by Spear Masters with rally skills, Oboro has Luna and some annoying stuff, and Takumi not only has Point Blank (well, he had it in Chapter 10 as well, but it's more relevant here since he also now has Vengeance and Bowfaire along with Rend Heaven, which seems to activate almost all the time for him.  Well, it did in my playthrough).

Chapter 24: You like fliers?  So does Hinoka.  Her Dragon Vein increases their already high movement to insane levels if she uses it, but if you use it, you can destroy the range of fliers in exchange for increasing your ground unit's movement.  Also, Azama has a Hexing Rod and he's on the other side of some trees, so you have to go around to hit him.  Hinoka has Winged Shield, so no bows.

Chapter 25: The Chronicles of the pissed off lobster and his merry band of murderous units with BS Lunatic Conquest exclusive skills.

Chapter 26: Hell.

Chapter 27: Lots of Vallite Shrine Maidens with Entrap staves that only work once, but will work 100% of the time.  Slime Time Garon (as I call him) gets Renewal

Night Breaks Through: Ultimate Hell.  Also...

7SC3akO.png

3 minutes ago, NyxAvatar69 said:

Let me give you a list.

Chapter 7: I hate this chapter.  Grisley Wound + Poison Strike while the boss is a pain.

Chapter 8: Flora pls.  Also, visit two of the villages so you can get money,  Also, use Niles.  Trust me.

Chapter 9: Thank Naga, Azura is back!  This chapter sucks, and building the prison and capturing the boss is a good idea.  He's pretty good in earlygame...so you'll want to raise up Niles.

Chapter 10: *********

Chapter 11: Fairly tame outside of skills.  This chapter will teach you, without question, to look before you mindlessly rush in.

Chapter 12: So I heard you like Elise because she's a mounted healer.  It would be a shame if we not only made her unavailable this chapter, but you also have to fight the Lobster Lord.

Chapter 13: Takumi's descent into being -redacted- tool.  Also, I hate this chapter.

Chapter 14: *groans of increasing discomfort*
Also, get the boss of this chapter.  He's pretty good too.  The Shrine Maiden next to him has an Entrap, though, so be careful.

Chapter 15: Three units.

Chapter 16: Finally, a good unit that isn't Effie.  Lots of annoying skills, though.

Chapter 17: If you want, pick up a Master Ninja here.  Grisley Wound + Poison Strike is a cool combination.  Also, Locktouch.

Chapter 18: This.  Chapter.  Sucks.  A.  Lot.  Turn limits are awful.

Chapter 19: The beginning of Ultimate Hell.  Kitsunes are annoying.

Chapter 20: Tons of annoying units, and the first instance of a unit with a Hexing Rod.  Be VERY careful in Hayato's range.  Also, Fuga is a difficult unit to bring down thanks to his personal skill and weapon variety.

Chapter 21: Flier Simulator.  Also, this chapter sucks.  Really sucks.  Like, it's so bad, you may have no choice but to use Defense Tonics to survive.

Chapter 22: Welcome to Hoshido, also known as hell in a handbasket.  While Sakura is my favorite Hoshidan character, her chapter is awful.  Hana hits like a truck, tons of enemy reinforcements, and just a pain overall.

Chapter 23: If you've been raising up Niles, this chapter has Rallyman for capture.  Also, lots of rally skills and annoying things.  Snipers are running Counter, Hinata is pretty much surrounded by Spear Masters with rally skills, Oboro has Luna and some annoying stuff, and Takumi not only has Point Blank (well, he had it in Chapter 10 as well, but it's more relevant here since he also now has Vengeance and Bowfaire along with Rend Heaven, which seems to activate almost all the time for him.  Well, it did in my playthrough).

Chapter 24: You like fliers?  So does Hinoka.  Her Dragon Vein increases their already high movement to insane levels if she uses it, but if you use it, you can destroy the range of fliers in exchange for increasing your ground unit's movement.  Also, Azama has a Hexing Rod and he's on the other side of some trees, so you have to go around to hit him.  Hinoka has Winged Shield, so no bows.

Chapter 25: The Chronicles of the pissed off lobster and his merry band of murderous units with BS Lunatic Conquest exclusive skills.

Chapter 26: Hell.

Chapter 27: Lots of Vallite Shrine Maidens with Entrap staves that only work once, but will work 100% of the time.  Slime Time Garon (as I call him) gets Renewal

Night Breaks Through: Ultimate Hell.  Also...

7SC3akO.png

Oh noy.... X-X

Archived