Against all Odds [Vergil x Fated Melodi]

Vergil walk out of his home to meet the busy street of student piling up outside and ready to start their day at school. He remain outside in front of his porch like usual to meet his childhood friend and Neko, Melody. Time seems to pass by as he hear his watch ticking away and no sigh of that girl.

”Where is she? I hope she hasn’t sleep late today?” Vergil wonder. 

Melody is running down the street as fast as she can, nearly tripping a few times.

Shes panicking "I'm Late! I'm Laaaaate!!!" she yells as she sprints non-stop.

She spots a figure standing at the other end of the street and a big smile appears on her face.

"Vergiiiiiiiiilllll!" she yells as she sprints towards him

Vergil gasp as he sees Melody sprint down the street full charge and being a bit late today which was something she sometimes does. Despite that, he was happy to see this blue-haired cat being silly and very clinging toward him since he had a crush on his childhood friend. 

"Slow down Melody, we don't you to trip again." Vergil smile. 

He turns toward her direction in case she did fall and he could leap toward her to save her if that scenario does happen. 

Vergil chuckles, "It seems so, you better pick up the pace slowpoke." Vergil smile. 

Without any hesitation, Vergil grabs the young girl's gentle hand to sprint along the other student and taking the lead as always. This was quite the scene as they always run together during their youth and now was no different. Of course, Vergil was being careful with Melody as they run along the streets to safely reach the school and reaching the main courtyard with a couple of minutes to spare for them. 

"Are you okay? I hope I didn't push you with that run, Melody." Vergil spoke, slightly worried. 

Vergil noticed the Neko blushing as she stares at their hand holding together very tightly and confused by her reaction. His other hand began caressing her soft cheek to move away from her blue hair and looking at her closely. 

"Melody? Are you feeling okay?" Vergil ask. 

Vergil was worry but still nod at her childhood friend's words as he gently pets her hair since she does enjoy being pet by him and also like hearing her purr which was quite addicted to seeing. They move together into their class as they arrive on time due to their sprint and seat together not realizing they were holding hand all the way to class. It felt like this was natural for them to do but he quickly hides their hand from their peers since they could bring an uproar to their hand holding and decide to keep holding her hand. 

"are you sure you are okay? You are acting a bit different today." Vergil spoke. 

She nods, still blushing a bit. Her ears move a little bit, a usual sign that shes thinking about something. 

Its nothing out of the ordinary for her mind to wander, but today was specially werid. She thought it wasnt obvious, until she realized the teacher had just called her name for the 3rd time.

She immidiantly snaps back to reality with a "Here!" in response to the roll call. What is wrong with her today? her ears fold down in embarrassment.

Vergil frown as Melody remains quiet about her ordeal from seeing her embarrassed from being called three times and tightening her hand since it hurt him seeing her like this. He remains quiet as class began but he would always constantly glance at Melody to think of anything that could be wrong with her and something did come to mind. 

"Could she be in heat?..." 

He shook his head at the thought of that since he never saw Melody acting that way but it was quite common for Nekos to do. Still, his hand remains together against her in case she wants to speak with him and getting his attention. 

She looks towards Vergil, he has always been here when she needed him. In this very moment, her mind was telling her she needed him, she didn't know why, she just felt something. 

She looks back to the front of the class, trying to focus on the class, but her mind kept wandering, her tail swished back and forth in a curious manner.

Class continues on as Vergil remain quiet as he watches her tail flailing around quite cutely and keeping her hand close to him to make sure she was getting nurture. The time pass us by as lunchtime came by the sound of the bell and making the student raise quickly to go to lunch. Meanwhile, Vergil remains still for Melody to respond to that and wanted to talk to about her recent strange behavior since she was always quite the talkative during class. 

"Melody..." Vergil mutter. 

"Vergil... i think something is wrong with me" she whispers. Her mind cant focus, her body is acting strangely. 

She looks to Vergil for answers, shes confused.

A few moments later she perks up, and returns to her normal self. She gives him a puzzled look and gives a strange smile. "We should get to lunch before we run out of time"

"Wait...don't you dare ignore what you say." Vergil spoke. 

Vergil holds her hand to bring her closer to him as their face was a bit closer than their usual and he was more focus on making Melody speak. He was very worried about her health and this reaction was quite enough to push him to take action. 

"Melody, something IS wrong with you and fixing that is our main priority right now, Lunch can wait." Vergil reply, "So please, tell me what's wrong or else I have to do it my way.." Vergil plead. 

She stares inquisitively at him, her ears move back and forth. Her tail swishes back and forth calmly.

"Maybe something is wrong with you" She sticks her tongue out jokingly. "Im okay, just a momentary moment of weakness."

She then notices how close she was to him. Her face turns red and she tries to look away.

Vergil sigh at her joking side taken over as he releases her hand and tries to trust her words for it until she speaks her mind truthfully. 

"Alright, I believe on what you say for now and let's eat in the roof this time. I want us to be alone and enjoying the sun today." Vergil explain. 

He began walking toward the cafeteria to grab his food with Melody and doing what he plans for them to enjoy. 

Vergil narrows his eyes at the blue Neko smiling at him since she was acting odd today but decided to ignore it. 

"Busy lines as usual, let's go." Vergil answer. 

They both enter the rooftop of the school as the sun hit their body while Vergil holds her hand to guide her to a shade and making sure they could eat safely from the sun. He began eating as he thinks of this scene to be a good opportunity to reveal his feeling for Melody and look at her eating as he thought about it. 

She sits down next to him and pulls out a sandwich. Her eyes light up like fireworks. "Tuna fish! I love Tuna!" Her tail swishes back and forth happily as she takes a bite.

She looks over to Vergil is unusually quiet. She blushes again, her face feels warm. "Vergil...?" her voice trails off as their eyes meet.

Vergil's eyes widen to hear Melody softly speaking up to him which cause him to raise his head up to see the blushing Neko and looking straight into her eyes. He was amazed at how beautiful Melody always look and always made him feel special which only made him fall in love with her. Instinctively, his head began to slowly lean forward toward her lips as he remains speechless at his action but was quite happy with this and finally kissing Melody lip gently.  

Her eyes widen as their lips touch, her face turns bright red and her body feels hot. She cant control her tail as it swings quickly, giving away her excitement. She closes her eyes and enjoys the moment.

The kiss feels like its lasts forever, she likes it. She has known Vergil most of her life and hes never done anything like this.

His eyes watch Melody enjoying this which made him quite happy she was feeling the same thing and enjoying the moment with his kitty. His fingers began wrapping around hers to show love and affection as they continue to kiss like lovers. He didn't care if anyone was watching this since Vergil was focusing on making Melody happy and feel good from this kiss. Their lips separated as a trail of saliva drool out from their lips and him panting softly from their lack of oxygen. 

"Melody....I love you.." He whispers.