Before the Family [Vergil x Angela Daring]

[Angela's Story]

Angela stood upon the holy ground of the Sacred Realm, the filthy Arani blade that cut her down fresh in her memory.  She had fought valiantly - taking out wave after wave of Arani vagrants to defend her nation and religion, but fate, it seemed, had chosen that day as her last.  She was dead.

That was a little while ago.  She had since traveled the Sacred Realm in search of answers, and eventually found the patron deity of her race, Zendai.  After talking to him about the fateful day that brought her here, she was granted a second chance - but not in Vaela.  Her time had come in her homeland, and putting her back there would cause too many problems.  Instead, she would be granted life anew in some other world, away from the expectations and duty she was born into.  This time, she would be granted the freedom  to be her own person - to follow her own destiny.  But all of this generosity came with one setback - she would be clueless about the world she was to occupy.

[Keiko's Story]

Keiko wasn't a person.  Not in the way that everyone else was.  Unlike most people, who were born from two (usually) loving parents, Keiko's mind and body were created by a mixture of science and something else - Keiko didn't know.  Her creator was quite pleased with himself in regards to her creation - he had been trying to make something like her for a long time and only now was successful.  It didn't take long for Keiko to learn what her creator wanted her to be, and when she saw the creature he intended to sell her to, something dark within her woke up - she lost control of her body.  It was as if someone inside her - someone full of hate - took control, slaughtering everyone and everything in the underground building she was created in.  By the time she could control her body again, she was worn out, and in some dark forest in the middle of the night.

Keiko wandered for a while, and eventually found civilization, but she never stayed in one place for very long.  No matter how low a profile she kept, someone eventually exploited her, reducing her to the purpose her creator had in mind for her - a pleasure slave.  Part of the problem was the non-human appendages on her body - her ears and tail.  They were rabbit-like, and stood out like a sore thumb.  They were very sensitive, too - once somebody found out how easy it was to manipulate her lust by gently rubbing them, she could then be claimed.  Thankfully, the dark entity in her mind never woke up again, but she had to burn a lot of bridges to distance herself from the people that wanted her to be nothing more than property.  She was running out of places to go.

[The opening]

Keiko was alone.  Again.  She didn't know where she was, but she didn't much care so long as she could find a place to go where nobody knew her trigger.  She was losing hope, though.  There was so much more to life than meaningless sex, and she didn't want to be confined to one thing, but it didn't take long for people to find out what made her tick.  Nice people, it seemed, were few and far between.

• Love 1

Vergil was a lost soul wandering from dimension to dimension looking for a purpose to live as he lack any good find of it. Each jump made his heart lose a beat knowing he had no purpose in this vast world and he has all the power needed to crush anything on his way. But one particular dimension change his life for th better, he open a portal into a new world to spot a bunny girl hiding among the trees and made Vergil curious as to her behavior. He slowly approach the scare girl as he remain neutral about this encounter and slowly raise his hand toward her.

”What are you doing?” Vergil ask.

Keiko screamed... kinda.  It wasn't very loud and was rather short-lived, but the sound she made couldn't easily be described in any other way.  Once she realized she didn't recognize the boy that had scared her, she calmed down... slightly.   "D-d-don't scare me like that!"   she tried to say a bit louder than she intended.   After taking a moment to calm down further, he emerald green eyes focused on the stranger. "I-I'm looking for a town.  Or a city.  S-something.  Somewhere I haven't been before.  W-w-what are you doing?" she asked, nowhere near comfortable, though the boy had done nothing suspicious other then scaring her like that.

Edited by Angela Daring
I can't remember the code I used to get this color. Thankfuly, copy/paste works like a dream. <3
  • Haha 1

“Somewhere you haven’t visit before?...” Vergil question.

He began to ponder about such ideal place for her and the idea came to mind about using his dimension crossing to take her away from this one. Although, he has no obligation to help this poor soul with that problem and yet, this could be something worth chasing since traveling alone was getting lonely in a way. Vergil nod to himself as he turn his gaze toward the scare bunny girl and stretching out his hand while looking rather curious about her.

”Why don’t you come with me? I can take you to a place far, far away from here if you so desire.” Vergil spoke.

Vergil nod to that answer as he look at the bunny girl a bit before turning away and began working on the portal.

”what’s your name?” Vergil ask.

He remain unmoving as he waited for her answer before opening the gate between world and hoping into the next, random one that came into play.

Edited by lVergill

Keiko froze for a second, before she realized he was only asking her name. "K-Keiko," she offered, unsure why she found offering her name to someone so difficult.  Keiko had been though a lot and had bad things happen to her in the past.  Because of that, she had a hard time relaxing around strangers such as Vergil.  He was legitimately being nice to her, though, so she was trying to fight past it so she could be nicer to him.

Vergil look back to see Keiko looking a bit too scared for her own good and sighing at her reaction since he hardly understand other mortal things. Even so, this girl was the only person he managed to get a name and even more make a conversation despite his rudeness. 

“Okay Keiko, my name is Vergil and we will leave this dimension to take you to that ideal place you being seeking.” Vergil explain.

He open a portal In front of him as it crazck space and time since such things does make him exhausted. His body turn to Keiko and give her one last chance to stay in here.

”Are you truly coming? Once you enter this new dimension, the chance of coming back are small to none.” Vergil add.

Keiko gave Vergil an odd look, then turned to face the direction she came from. ...yeah, there was nothing for her there.  "Y-yeah, I'm ready," she told him, walking forward to display as such.  She needed a fresh start, and she sure as hell wasn't getting that here.  Though she did wonder what Vergil was doing and how, she didn't ask.  She knew better after all these years that some questions aren't worth asking.

Vergil nod to the bunny girl as he gently push her toward the portal and jumping into the portal together. They both warp from one dimension through a long tunnel and making sure Keiko was with him. His hand quickly grab her as they dive into the nothingness and soon arrive into their destination. The portal open up into a new world different from the dark, gloomy of Keiko as they enter a large open field filled with nothing but grass that stretch for miles.

”Interesting....I never being here before...” Vergil mutters.

Keiko looked around the new world, taking in the endless planes.  It was a much needed upgrade from the dark forest she had been wandering around in, that was for sure.

Before she could say as such, though, another portal opened up in front of the two of them, depositing a single person before vanishing.  The woman was tall - well over a foot taller than Keiko was.  The woman's long blonde hair did little to cover the pointy ears jutting from the sides of her head.  She was dressed in a really baggy shirt - blouse? - and equally baggy pants, but the part of her that caught Keiko's eye were her firm, plump boo- I mean her wings!  The woman had long wings composed of white feathers that almost touched the ground when they hung limply from her back.

"Well, this is almost different," the pointy-eared woman huffed, letting her wings stretch out a bit.  It was only then that she noticed Keiko and Vergil standing beside each other. "Sorry for interrupting.  Didn't have any choice of where I showed up.  Don't mind me."

Vergil was taken back by the sudden appearance of this angel girl and slowly experiencing something new from encountering Keiko. Judging from her reaction she seems well inform about traveling through dimension and Vergil was about to step forward toward the angel but he suddenly fell into his knee.

”huh?...” Vergil gasp.

His body was unable to handle so much usage of jumping from plane to plane as he uses his last. He lean over his upper body as he began to breath heavily from the raise of fatigue overcoming his body.

Keiko panicked when her guide collapsed, only for the new girl to hold a white crystal to his chest and crush it, releasing the life-giving energies held within and allowing them to spread throughout Vergil's body.

"Give your body a moment to rest, and you should be fine," the angel girl said, leaning back and giving Vergil room.  She then nodded at Keiko, which was her clue to back off, too.  Keiko didn't get it at first, but when she did, she was quick to give Vergil the space he needed to get back on his feet.

Vergil eyes widen a bit as he felt her fatigue slowly fade away like nothing after that angel girl crush that strange gem and slowly get up to speak his mind.

”Who are you? Where did you come from and learn to jump dimensions?” Vergil ask.

Vergil became curious about the girl as he never meet someone that could do what he can and this new world was barren but could see a village not far from here.