Dreamer Tip Bounties!

• Community Administrator

We here at EcchiDreams want to try and make the experience of Dreamers, new and old, all the more easier. To that end, we've been trying to come up with Pro-tips that can be put on the homepage like so;

Tipbounty.png

However, this isn't something that we can do by ourselves and we can suffer from tunnel vision, especially because of how familiar we are with the site and how it works. Not only that, but we want these tips to be from the community, to the community. To that end, the purpose of this thread is for you to suggest your own tips that can be displayed on the Home Page. If there are some neat little tips and tricks that you've figured out that you want to share with the community, post it below. If it gets accepted, then 100 EcchiCredits will be awarded to the suggesting Dreamer, per protip. Hence the bounty. It's our hope to create a collection of tips and tricks to help other Dreamers, as a community effort. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

It will include roleplay tips. I will look through the thread in greater detail at some point although the tips you've given are quite lengthy and we want to try and keep them as small as possible. If it's possible at all, could you summarise them so that it's basically a snap-shot piece of advice, like the example I showed above with the Roleplayer Preference exposure tip.

• Senior Staff

Well, they can easily be split up into bits, let's see here...

1. "Having trouble finding someone to roleplay with? Check out the private roleplayer's bulletin board or the various public roleplay clubs. If you don't like what you see, you can always start your own!"

2. "Try to spend time getting to know someone and make friends before asking to roleplay. You'll find they'll be much more likely to agree once they've gotten to know more about you!"

3. "Please respect other people's decisions. Don't get disheartened if someone refuses to play with you. Just like sex in real life, not everyone you talk to is going to be interested in roleplaying with you and there are any number of reasons why that could occur. It's okay! There's plenty of fish in the sea~"

4. "Before starting a roleplay, it's usually a good idea to discuss with your partner where the story will begin and what direction it will go. It's up to you to decide how much detail you plan out before you begin, but having a sense of direction can help prevent the story from falling flat."

5. "While roleplaying, try to match your partner's writing style as best you can. If both players try, it shouldn't be too difficult to reach a happy median that improves both players' ability to focus on important details and omit unnecessary ones!"

6. "Don't stress too much about replies. Just like how you're not at the computer 24/7, other people probably have important things they need to take care of as well. If you're not in a good mood, or if you're just exhausted, please don't feel like you have to respond to all your roleplays. Likewise, try to understand that your partners might be preoccupied. Feel free to check in on them to make sure they're okay, but don't pressure anyone to make a post!"

7. "Be considerate of your partner's feelings while roleplaying. Don't do anything that would cause a permanent or semi-permanent change to your partner's character, such as a transformation, without their consent. If consent isn't clear in roleplay, ask your partner out of character."

8a. "When responding to a roleplay, don't contradict your partner's response in roleplay. Subtracting from your partner's post can cause the roleplay to come to a screeching halt and, depending on the situation, may even be insulting to your partner. If your partner tries something you're not okay with, shoot them an out of character message and discuss the issue."

8b. "With each reply to a roleplay, always contribute something new to the scenario. No matter what the situation, your character should always be doing, saying, or at least thinking something. Even if your character is unconscious, you can still describe the positions their body collapses into as another character moves them around."

[8a and 8b are both one point in the thread, but it might make sense to split them in two different tips in this case]

9. "It's okay if you aren't compatible with your partner. If you're not having fun in a roleplay, don't hesitate to let your partner know. There are countless levels of grammar, writing styles, sexual preferences, etc. You can't expect to be compatible with anyone and everyone you come across."

10. "Never roleplay with someone out of pity, and never try to guilt another person into roleplaying with you. Both of these are extremely dangerous scenarios that can lead to all sorts of problems including obsession, stalking, and abuse. Yes, even online. Roleplay is supposed to be fun, and you should only roleplay for the purpose of having fun. Feel free to talk about your personal issues, but leave them out of your roleplays to avoid any unnecessary drama or even danger."

Some of these might come off as a bit negative to put on the homepage, but I do think they're all very important tips!

• Like 1

I have a few ideas surrounding the "Bored" statuses that are posted by people who might not be aware of what's lurking on the forums themselves. These are going to be a little rough around the edges but they were some ideas I relayed to @Manni yesterday, moments before I PTFO. 

• Waiting for replies? Why not check out the forums in our community and take part in the hundreds of topics and discussions. There's a whole host of content just waiting to be explored.
  • Bored? Why not play some games in our Forum Games forum. It will increase your presence here on EcchiDreams, which is free advertising if you have roleplay links in your signature.
  • Slow day? Take the opportunity to make new friends! Look at the Introduction Forums and welcome new dreamers to EcchiDreams. 😀 

If your partner feels uninterested in continuing a roleplay with you, do not pressure them into continuing using guilt or refusal. Respect is essential in roleplaying, and communication is key. If you're ever interested in trying again, wait a while and ask respectfully if you can start a new roleplay with them. Otherwise, find another partner.

"Don't know if that was good enough, but I tried XD"

1. Got something you're working on, but you're not ready to release to the general public yet? Check out the Sandbox, where only you and staff can see your projects

2. Join multiple clubs for a unique roleplaying experience through each one. Featured clubs have a star by their name to let you know that they are supported by the admins.

3. Check out a Dreamer's preferences before roleplaying with then to get a general idea of what they are and aren't comfortable with and what you are and aren't comfortable doing with them.

4. Reading the Terms of Service will allow you to get a better sense of what will or won't be tolerated on this site and keep you out of trouble or being banned.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Senior Staff

Never assume that your partner will play different characters the same way. Just because somebody is okay with roleplaying a specific kink doesn't necessarily mean they'll be comfortable with the character they're currently using participating in it. Some players like to play more innocent characters alongside more kinky ones. Make sure to communicate with your partner before introducing a new kink into a scenario!

• 1 year later...
  • Senior Staff

Sorry for double-posting, but I thought the ability to change themes might be a bit hard for users to find, so maybe some tips pointing in that direction could be helpful, so...

1. White not your color? Try the dark theme! You can change themes at the very bottom of every page!

2. When copying and pasting text, you may want to check the formatting in both light and dark themes. If the background color is wrong, try using the remove formatting button next to font size. It may be a bit of a hassle, but it will make your post look nice and clean for users of any theme!

If a roleplay isn't going where you expected, talk it out with your roleplay partner to find out why it went where it did, and where you both would like it to go next. A general idea of the overall plan is much better than a strict word for word guide or winging it!

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think a tip reminding people that "We're all adults here with lives outside of Ecchia. If someone hasn't responded to your roleplay in a while, try messaging them to see what's up."

Or something like that. Sometimes I read a message but don't feel any inspiration for a response so I come back to it. It can look like I've ghosted. I also sometimes I open the message and get distracted in another tab....

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thought of another one.

"You may not be able to find exactly what you want in a roleplay partner if you're super picky. In times like those it's best to try and compromise or move onto another roleplay partner instead of getting frustrated. Who knows, you might end up expanding what you're into by compromising!"

• Love 1

• 2 years later...