A Hero's Journey [Vergil X GAO I am lion]

"So it's finally time for you to leave, huh Luck?" 

Luck sigh as he turns to the villagers of the Verde Village as he was the best hunter in the village and looking at the elder as he spoke those word to him. He didn't like the idea of traveling a long travel across this vast place but he was chosen by the gods to slay the Overlord ruling this land and smiling at them. 

"Yes, but don't worry elder! I will come back to bring good news! Just wait!" Vergil announced. 

The young hero dashes away from the village as he waves goodbye to everyone that support him and looks seriously as he dashes across this forest that was filled with lots of monsters. Still, he wasn't scared of fighting them since he was the chosen hero and he has the skills to back it up. 

Luck stop to spot a monster as he pulls out his thin blade as she questions his fate and smiles at her despite her being his enemy due to the circumstances of this world's rules. 

"Yes, to be honest, I am a hero chosen by gods." Luck reply, confidently. 

Luck eyes widen to see a strong attack coming up which he was unable to dodge the attack so he has to rely on blocking such force and grab his sword with both of his hand to block the vertical strike. He grunts at the raw power of this monster as he barely managed to block her attack but his legs were shaking a bit from her attack. 

"Y-You are pretty good..." Luck mutter. 

Luck felt strangely happy from being praised for his skills by a random monster that are a big threat to humanity and yet this lion girl is clearly not a bigger threat than he imagines them to be. 

"Is that so?.." He mutter slowly. "Aren't you going to kill me?" Luck ask. 

"Test my power?" He asks, confused. 

He slowly gets up as he put his blade on his back while looking at her a bit confused for a monster to do such thing against a human and they all seem willing to kill a human for various reasons. 

"And why did you did that for? Don't you monster hate all human?"  Luck ask, curious. 

Edited by lVergill

She puts her blade on her back and she let out a sigh " well most monsters are evil and wish nothing more than the end of all humans but I was raised by a old man he saved me from the darkness that is to be a monster and I wish to do the same to others but I know I can't do it alone so I came waiting for a hero to help me" 

Luck listen to her story as most people will throw that story as a pure lie but not Luck, he smiles knowing this monster was good and look at her with utter respect since she has skills as well with the way of the sword. 

"What's your name stranger? The name is Luck Arclight! I could be the hero that you were waiting for." Luck smile, happily. 

Luck nod, "Okay Leo, nice to meet you. I was wondering if you could travel with me to defeat the Overlord? See, the Overlord is causing an uproar in our neighbor continent and I need your help to fight anything that can block our path." Luck explain, seriously. 

He glances up at the sky to see the sun setting down slowly which mean night was approaching soon and he needs to prepared for a camp out in this forest to ensure he was well rested. 

"Y-You think so?" Vergil smile, awkwardly. 

it was rare for him to get compliments from a monster since he always pictures them being cruel and unforgiving except for Leo which was quite the opposite which he felt a relief of her joining his side. 

"Yes, we should set up camp for the night and resume our travel together for tomorrow. I can set up the camp and you can gather dry wood or any wild sundries that you may find in the wild for our campfire." Luck instructs. 

Edited by lVergill

"Of course, I did learn a bit of magic but nothing too fantastic or anything like that..." Luck spoke. 

Luck gather the pile of wood Leo has gathered for him as he put them in the middle of a circle made of stone and extend his arm toward it as he concentrates a bit to unleash a small ember into the pile. A fire began to grow as Luck smile at his weak magic doing something good and learning slowly on how to use it effectively. 

"See!." Luck smile.