The New Girl [Aurafox1 x Shuya "Cheshire" Hideaki x PinkKitten]

• Senior Staff

It was quite late in the manor. Carla had just finished dusting the pottery lining the shelves in the hallway of the wing. She was expecting to be interrupted partway through her task to tend to a guest who had been scheduled for an interview. For a moment, she thought she had simply managed to get the task done faster than expected, but when she then heard the grandfather clock strike three. The interview had been scheduled for 2:30. It would seem as though this woman had no intention of joining after all. Carla sighed as she looked out the window of the manor, the light filtering in from the glass panes, highlighting her soft face, providing a slight glint in her lavender eyes behind her black bangs. As the light moved lower, it blanketed her voluptuous chest which was perfectly on display thanks to her top keeping her cleavage visible. It certainly would have been nice to have a new maid to help take the workload off. As Haru's number one servant, it was difficult to juggle so many responsibilities for him. There had been other servants, of course, but many of them have come and gone for one reason or another. Perhaps they simply weren't ready for the level of commitment their master demanded of them. Carla could only assume this girl would have been the same. 

She turned and strode back toward her master's office. Her skimpy pleated skirt lifting slightly as she turned. She lifted up a tray of tea which she had carefully kept warm to her master's preferred temperature before knocking on his office door to announce her presence before letting herself in so that she didn't have to bother her master's work. She gently set the tray of tea down on his desk. "It seems that girl is uninterested in the interview as she has yet to arrive. I'm sorry, master." She bowed to him with her delicate hands crossed in front of her legs. "Would you like me to remove the interview from your schedule?"

• Love 1

Miki checked her watch and, to no surprise at all, found that it was already three and she hadn't arrived at her interview yet. Her 2:30 interview. Even for someone as tardy as she was, this was unusually bad. But she could hardly have come after slipping in a mud puddle, and then she couldn't seem to find any clothes that wasn't already in the laundry basket. By the time she had found a clean set of clothes appropriate for an interview, she was already running at least ten minutes late. She had opted for a neat button-down shirt and tight jeans, which was a lot more together than her life was. Why, of all days, couldn't she break her habit of being late? It would be great if she could turn over a new leaf. Her family restaurant had finally decided there was absolutely no way an awkward, clumsy girl like her would be of any use, either as a cook or a waitress or even as a dishwasher. So Miki needed a job, and unfortunately, this was all she had found.

The manor was imposing enough when Miki arrived. Then she spent what felt like an eternity running around in circles trying to figure out how to get in. Oh...she also had a terrible sense of direction. Just what had made her think that she could handle working in a mansion? Finally, she seemed to locate the front door, since...well..someone was already waiting there to let her in. The girl stuttered her apologies for being so late and was led indoors. It was quite intimidating and Miki was already prepared for a rejection. This place was way too grand for someone like her...and she didn't look grand at all right now. Rather, she looked quite disheveled from all her running, and a button already burst out of place on her shirt, showing a glimpse of cleavage that's a bit more than appropriate, though in her haste, she didn't even notice.

They paused outside of some room, which was the office, as she was informed. The servant knocked on the door, announcing, "The interview candidate has arrived."

• Love 1

As Carla entered and announced that the new candidate might not show up, Haru sighed. He had a good feeling about this one, a feeling that he hoped wouldn't be proved wrong with his faith in such things. He gives Carla a kind smile before opening his mouth to speak to his favorite maid, one that was perked with many luxuries.

"Good things come to those who wait," Haru would say as he glanced out the window to find a rather cute looking pinkette Neko wandering around the estate looking for a way in. He smiles and speaks again, "Well, speak of the devil~ Go have Angel meet her at the door."

When Angela returned with the new candidate, silent as instructed unless she was spoken to, He stood and opened the door for them to enter. He walked back to his chair and sat in it behind the desk of his study. He called Carla back in and had her sit on the corner of his desk like a good Kitten.

"I hope that I wasn't wrong to believe that you could be of use around here. And as an adult, you should know: punctuality is key."

• Senior Staff

Carla was surprised and, quite honestly, perplexed at just how late the young girl was. By this point, she would have assumed that someone like her wouldn't have bothered to show up at all. On the other hand, perhaps it was a good character trait. It wasn't common for someone to face up to their mistakes like this. As the pretty, pink-haired girl entered the room, she couldn't help but smile as she looked her body up and down, having to stifle a quiet purr. She seemed to be quite distressed. Her hair was a bit of a mess, she was sweating and she seemed to be out of breath. It was clear that she had actively been trying to arrive on time and simply faced a series of unfortunate obstacles. Carla took special notice of the partially unbuttoned shirt. The fact that it was the second from the top meant that she hadn't just left it unbuttoned to allow for easier breathing, but it seemed almost too strategically placed to be an accident, as it gave a slight window into the cleavage between her surprisingly large breasts for her size. Perhaps it was just a coincidence, but she couldn't help but entertain the thought that the girl might be trying to make up for her tardiness with seduction. Not that it was a particularly despicable act here. On the contrary, having a cute body is more than enough to at least maintain a part of her service. After all, she herself was always dressed in a particularly revealing outfit chosen for her by her master. But if she was going to try to seduce master, she was going to have to try a lot harder than a simple button-up shirt. 

Carla had half the mind to test the girl, either to call the button to her attention, or to suggest pulling more out, but she instead opted to keep her mouth shut on the matter and simply observe her behavior. She smiled and extended her hand out to the young woman. "Good afternoon, you must be Miki! Master and I have been waiting for you." She commented. "You look quite exhausted. May I offer you anything to drink?" She spoke with a bow.

• Love 2

Miki was clearly nervous as she peeked inside and saw the two waiting for her inside. "Y-Yeah, I'm really sorry about that," she said with a nervous bow to both of them in response to the man's mild chastisement. "I had an accident...Y-You know, the rain and the mud..." she explained shakily. She knew it wasn't really an excuse; she should have been organized. Her ears drooped a little to think that she had already messed up so early in her attempt at a job search. Her attention turned to the other female, who was also a Neko, and Miki's face turned scarlet when she took note of what the woman was wearing. It was so shocking that she wondered if this was some kind of assessment of her concentration abilities. If it was, Miki was probably going to fail. She looked away rapidly, trying not to be rude and stare at the woman's cleavage, even though it was rather attention-grabbing.

"U-Um...a glass of water will be fine," Miki mewed humbly, feeling that after arriving so late, it would be wrong to ask for anything more than that. "I-I think I could be of use around here," she stammered, addressing the man's remark earlier. It would probably be very difficult to convince them of this fact, but she hoped she could make up for her natural awkwardness at least with her good intentions. "I'll try my best to learn how to work here," she continued, feeling very guilty that all she could offer right now were her best efforts. Miki anxiously wrung her tail in her hands, still not noticing that she had actually torn a button off her shirt. At this point, she might lose an interview before she had even begun.

• Love 2

"The upside to all of this... 'Misfortune' of yours... You're definitely cute"

Haru smiles and stands from his seat, walking towards the newcomer. He reaches out a gloved hand, gently taking hold of her chin and tilting her head up and to the sides.

She seemed to be fairly perfect, with the cliché cute-and-shy-maid personality, she aost seemed to be as perfect in her own way as Miki was in hers

"Tell me... What was your name again?~"

• Senior Staff

Carla was amused as she noticed Miki's blush the moment she saw her outfit. It was a fairly common occurrence, but Haru had a very particular taste in his servants. If her being dressed like this scared any girls off, they most certainly wouldn't be comfortable dressing the part they were auditioning for~

After Miki asked for water, the sultry woman stood up off her corner of the desk and made her way to the kitchen where she quickly prepared a glass of purified, ice-cold water and a slice of lemon in a crystal glass before bringing it back into the room to find Miki's face being gently lifted by master Haru. She decided to remain quiet at the entrance of the room to watch this little scene unfold before serving the water she had prepared.

• Love 2

Miki's ears twitched as they followed the sound of the other Neko getting up and pouring a glass of water. Then her eyes widened when she noticed the man calling her cute and walking towards her. The flush in her cheeks only deepened as she was confused about what to make of this. Did this mean they were going to go a bit easy on her for being late? Or...more likely, this was a new test. "U-Um...thank you-nya," she stammered, the meow slipping out as it tended to when she was flustered.

She stared at his hand as it came close to her and then she started when he took her chin and tilted her face like he was examining it. Had Miki missed something in reading the employment advertisement? Given her desperation to take on absolutely any job...probably. "Miki," she answered when he asked for her name, having slightly recovered by this time.

• Love 1

He smiles and leans forward, whispering gently into her soft, silky ears before releasing her chin

"Well, Miki~ Since you're our only applicant in about a month... You're hired~"

Haru smiles as he straightens himself up, reaching a gloved hand up and straightening out his tie before smiling down at her.

"Carla, would you care to show your new companion around the manor? Oh, and Miki; If you're interested, we do provide housing for our maids~"

• Senior Staff

"Of course, master." Carla bowed before turning her attention back to the cute girl. "Congratulations on the job, sweetheart!" She spoke with a bright smile. "I do hope you're up to the task, you most certainly look like one to please." She tried to keep her wording vague at the moment as she gently handed the girl her glass of water. "Feel free to meet me in the main hall where you entered after you've finished drinking." She smiled before turning her attention back to her master. "Sir, your tea seems to be getting cold. Would you like me to warm it up again?"

Miki felt weird, very weird indeed as the man's whisper made her delicate ears tingle. She certainly didn't seem to have gotten herself some normal employers. But...either way! She had a job! She really was quite lucky that no one else had applied for this position. And the fact that they had housing here was even better. The fewer expenditures she had, the more money that was in her family's pocket. "I'd like that a lot! Sir!" Since manners seemed to be formal around here, she added on the "sir" at the end, though it came a bit as an afterthought. Hopefully, it would become a habit in time.

Miki clutched onto the glass of water tightly as she turned to smile back at the other neko. "Well...I try," she replied cheerfully. She always did try to please; that was probably the only good thing she could say about herself. "Mhm, I'll be quick," she said before hurriedly chugging down the cold water. A drop of condensation splashed down onto her exposed skin and she finally noticed the torn button. She muffled a squeak as she turned around, trying for a few fruitless moments to button it back up again, before she finally gave up and turned around again, trying to hunch her shoulders a little to keep herself covered.

• Love 2

Haru smiled as he watched the interactions between his two maids. He walks back to his desk and opens a drawer, taking out a maid outfit slightly identical to Carla's with less show of cleavage. He walks back towards Miki before handing the outfit to her.

"I hope you enjoy yourself~"

Haru smiles and nods towards Carla as she asks if he'd like her to warm up his tea. He sits down and hands a small form to Miki for her to fill out for medical things

• Senior Staff

Carla couldn't help but giggle as Miki noticed the broken button and began to panic. Noticing the cute girl slump over in an almost pathetic attempt to hide her cleavage, Carla gently stepped up behind the sweet girl and laid her hands softly on her shoulders. She carefully pulled back on the girl, forcing her to stand taller before whispering into her ear. "A good maid must always maintain perfect posture in the presence of her master." Of course, by forcing her to stand taller, she was also forcing her to expose her cleavage more. Her main intention, of course, was to make the shy girl feel a little more confident about her body. She stood back with a smile. "Relax, take your time, and enjoy the water. I'll warm master's tea in the meantime and I can show you to your room where you may try on your uniform." She bowed once again before gently lifting the tray holding Haru's tea and carrying it back into the kitchen.

• Love 1

Miki let out a soft, surprised yelp when the woman pulled her shoulders back, wanting to protest but no one seemed to be commenting on the fact her shirt was torn. Could it really be that no one had noticed? That really was too good to be true. Today was probably the luckiest day of her life. Miki reluctantly held herself upright, not all the way, just a little more than before. Hopefully that stance would prove satisfactory for now...

As the woman went back to the kitchen with the tea, Miki clutched onto her outfit in one hand and her medical forms in the other. She glanced over the items, quickly filling it out. Luckily, she had been prepared for that much. Once she was finished, she looked up again, nervously, not sure exactly how she was supposed to dispose of her form. The maid was busy and the man was a tiny bit intimidating. She hovered indecisively for a moment before warily approaching the man and speaking up. "I-I'm done...sir," she said, holding it out uncertainly.

• Love 2

Haru glances up at her, taking a second to finish writing before giving her his full attention with a smile. He takes the form in his hands, reading it over before taking and empty file and writing "Miki" on it. He slips the form into the folder and opens a drawer, filing through it until he finds the alphabetical order in which it goes.

"I guess you're all set. Any concerns or questions?"

• Senior Staff

Carla soon returned with the same cup of tea, warmed up again to her master's tastes. She gently laid the cup down on a coaster before returning to her spot on the corner of Haru's desk, smiling at the cute, pink-haired kitten and waiting for her response, her black tail wagging from side to side, eager to show the young girl around the manor. Although, she did have some concerns about just how good this girl would be for the job, she seemed cute enough to at least make master happy in one way or another... at the end of the day, master Haru's happiness was all that truly mattered to her.

• Love 1

Miki watched, her ears pointed tensely straight up as the man filed away her forms and the woman returned. "No, I'm all set, thank you, sir," she replied politely. She figured she could probably ask questions later when they came up. It wasn't like she really had a lot of job options from which to choose. Given the situation, it would be best for her to learn how to perform her job as quickly as possible, since she knew for sure that she'd be messing up quite a bit, especially in the beginning. "I really want to get started learning about my job," she said cheerfully. If she had a single thing going in her favor, it was enthusiasm. 

"That's the spirit! The only other maid I've had with that kind of enthusiasm would be Carla~"

Haru motions towards Carla sitting on the edge of the desk before giving the elder Neko a suave smile. He smiles and takes his tea, taking a small sip of the liquid before setting it back down on the coater.

"Perfect. Thank you. Carla~"

• Senior Staff

Carla was delighted by Haru's praise. After all the years they had spent together, she should be used to it by now, but to this day it still made her happy to know she's served her master well. 

"My pleasure, master." She bowed as she slowly stood up and smiled at the new recruit. "Come with me, then, I'll have you acquainted with the manor in no time. If you should choose to live here, or at least stay the night, then I shall show you to your room as well." She continued to speak in a professional yet friendly tone, sounding almost more like a secretary than a maid once again. She then walked over to the office door and gently pushed it open, stepping out of the room before stopping and turning back toward the girl with a warm smile.

• Love 2

Miki flushed happily to see that her efforts to show how hard she was willing to work were being well-received. For the first time since her family had told her she couldn't stay at the restaurant, she was feeling very optimistic about what the future would bring. She followed Carla to the office door and stepped out behind her, feeling butterflies in her stomach as she glanced from side to side.

"Thank you very much," she murmured to Carla with a meek smile. Even though the other maid was quite formal, she seemed nice and Miki hoped that Carla would like her and be a bit patient if she had trouble catching on to her duties. "Where are we going first?" she asked, excited to learn.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Haru chuckled softly at the glee that followed his praise. Carla was so easily excitable when it came to being around him, something that he had taught her to do from her first week in the manor many years ago. He took another sip from his cup as he watched the two girls leave, giving Carla a wink before turning back to some of his paperwork

It would be a damn shame if something were broken~

• Senior Staff

Carla's tail wagged from side to side as she walked down the hall with Miki by her side. She couldn't help but eye the cute girl up and down. No doubt, the two would become very acquainted in due time...

She took the new recruit on a tour of the entire manor, showing her the variety of rooms and corridors, such as the dining hall, kitchen, study, various gardens, etc. and explaining what her duties would be in each room. The building seemed to be endless in size, but most notably for someone like Miki, each room was decorated with lots of expensive pottery and other antiques that would require great care when handling. After about an hour and a half, the girls arrived at a bedroom. Carla smiled at Miki. "Well then, I would hope you're capable of handling the jobs I've explained to you? We'll slowly ease you into the job, so you don't have to worry about anything as daunting as doing it all in one day or anything, but in time you'll find it just comes natural to keep things clean and tidy." She looks down at the young girl.  "Are there any questions?"

• Love 2

Miki's eyes were about the size of saucers as she was led through the intricate hallways filled with countless beautiful and impressive objects. The kitchen dwarfed the one owned by her family. She had never seen anything like this manor before. In fact, she had never even dreamed of things like this. She almost felt as if someone like her didn't deserve to walk in here. Even though it was an hour and a half of walking and gawking, there were so many things to see that Miki felt the time fly by. At last, they stopped in a bedroom and Miki peeked around curiously, wondering if this was hers as she clutched her new clothes tightly. If it was, it was certainly nicer than her room back at home, where she had to share with about four other Nekos all trying to get some personal space. 

"I...I'll definitely do my best!" Miki said as confidently as she could though inwardly she was frightened out of her wits. "Thank you for being patient with me," she said, her ears tilting down slightly as she lowered her head. She was indeed fortunate to have them holding her hand so much as she tried to navigate her new job. "As for questions...I guess...is this my room?"

• Love 1

"Yes, that would be your room, if you so wish to live here."

Haru walks down the hall with a kind smile on his face. He strolls up to them, his hands in his pocket as he nodded to the question. He looked at her, still holding her uniform, wondering if she had tried it on or not. He smiles at Carla and then to Miki before gesturing to the room. 

"If you've finished the tour, would you like us to give you some room to change, Miki?"