Image collections

• Senior Staff

I love the sidebar on the homepage dedicated to sharing the most recent images uploaded to the site, but I've quickly realized a problem. Some users like to upload whole collections of images in bulk, but there are only five slots on the homepage, so when a user uploads 5 or more images in a row, that user takes up the entire section on the homepage leaving no room for other users' images to show. And if any users make a regular habit of doing this, it will mean that pretty much only their images will ever show. I don't want to discourage anyone from sharing the images they want, so I think it would be nice if, rather than showing each individual image, this section could show the latest 5 users who have uploaded, displaying their latest image and possibly a link to the side of that that leads to that user's albums page. That way more users get to share the spotlight while still being able to upload as much as they want!

What I'm thinking of is something like how Deviantart handles stacks of uploads from different users/groups you're following, except obviously these would be displayed vertically in the sidebar on the homepage in this site's case:

eIeVHNw.png

Edited by Aurafox1

• 9 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up