Profile Background Modifications

• Senior Staff

I've noticed a few small issues with premium profile backgrounds that might need addressing. Most notably, the issue of mobile versus desktop browsing.

When you set a background image, you'll only get to see a portion of it when browsing in mobile because the image isn't the appropriate aspect ratio and can't be scrolled or scaled. I was curious to know if there would be a way you could allow premium users to use a different background for mobile browsing, or at the very least, set which part of the background is displayed, similarly to a profile picture?

Another, much more minor issue, is that I find it a little disappointing that there's no standard way of viewing the background image without all the transparent boxes in the way. I think it would be nice if clicking on the background in the sidebar would allow you to see the image on its own without all the text boxes blocking it, kind of like how you can expand the banner to see the entire image. I see a lot of really interesting-looking backgrounds on users' pages, but I can never get a really good look.

I appreciate the consideration! ❤️

Edited by Aurafox1

• Senior Staff
6 hours ago, Aurafox1 said:

Another, much more minor issue, is that I find it a little disappointing that there's no standard way of viewing the background image without all the transparent boxes in the way. I think it would be nice if clicking on the background in the sidebar would allow you to see the image on its own without all the text boxes blocking it, kind of like how you can expand the banner to see the entire image. I see a lot of really interesting-looking backgrounds on users' pages, but I can never get a really good look.

I've seen a few that I would have loved to have saved, to be honest. 🙃
So I can totally agree; I wish there were a way to view/save them, too.
I don't think it can be done though, sadly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up