A Drink And A Smile (~Ava-chan~ X Paco)

Reeve finished with his training for the day, luckily it was an easy day with the instructor so he wasn't too tired. His brother came running by pushing him out of the way to go sit with father in some sort of meeting, something about a crop deal. Being the 3 son of a Duke in a small land didn't mean that mush really, as long as he was educated and trained and as his parent told him, finds a wife of suitable standing in the lands is all that matter. Well all that Reeve concerned himself with was hanging out in the village, goofing off with his friends and helping and getting to know the people, So he changed into his leather armor and jumped on his horse and headed out to meet his friends at the tavern. He arrived a little early and they weren't here yet, maybe stuck with extra chores he thought as he went inside, waving and saying hi to a few of the people he knew.

Katelyn placed a mug of ale in front of Mr. Trencher, who placed an extra coin in her hand as a show of gratitude. She smiled sweetly at the old man as she grabbed her tray and navigate the busy tavern. 

She tossed the coin behind the bar, into a large jar where she stores any extra money she earns. Her brother called out to her "Hey Katy! The son of the Duke is here, go get his order would'ya!"

Katelyn let out a sigh, "If he's here than all his friends are sure to follow" she thinks to herself, before scooting her way through the patrons towards him. She stood in front of an open table and gestured to him to sit down.

"Good to see you again! So what are you drinking Lord Hankin?" She tried to sound as proper as she could.

Please, how many times must I tell you, it's just Reeve, calling me Lord makes me sound like an old man and I will just have an ale, don't know when my friends will even be here" He looked at Katelyn, smiling at her and thinking of how beautiful she was.

"So tell me Katelyn, how is your day going, anyone been giving you any trouble lately? you know if anyone does I will talk to them, straighten them"

Katelyn tilted her head to the side, smiling back at the young Lord.

"Aw, you know I like getting to talk all proper, and you're the only one who will even understand it Reeve. And naw, everyone is nice so far, Mr. Trencher even gave me an extra coin!" She said playfully, before sliding through the other patrons to bring him back a wooden mug filled with cool ale. 

Katelyn looked around the tavern which was quite lively. Her mother was playing a harp near the hearth, and her father and brother were bringing plates of roast meat and bread to hungry patrons. She noticed that all the drinks are still being drunk, and she could use a moment off her feet.

"Of course I can, let my brother run some drinks for once." She laughed, holding her skirt flat as she sat down next to Reeve.

"That will do him some good for once, let him run around. So how have things been, we haven't really talked too much before and it feels like I know less of you than anyone else in the village"

Someone across the tavern drunkenly calls Reeve's name out waving to him, Reeve waved back to the old man.

"Sorry about that, can't seem to go anywhere these days without people yelling my name out, drawing attention to me. Just once I would love to go out and not be the Duke's son, experience a night on my own, as my own man. Maybe even ask a gil out sometime"

He looks at her when he makes that last comment, staring into her eyes, smiling

Katelyn giggled as he gives her brother some guff, and smiles back at him as he laments his situation.

"Only nobles could find the idea of being a nobody attractive. But I suppose it's different for a man, needing to be independent." She said, teasing him a little but knowing as a woman she would never really be able to understand complexities such as he was thinking about.

"Oh, me? I usually try to help the old ladies clean around their houses and shops. Otherwise I'm in the garden I planted behind the tavern." She said, losing herself in thought for a moment.

She snaps out of her dreaming, and turned the attention back to the Lord. "What about yourself Reeve? Anything you like to do besides noble responsibilities?"

"That's good noble responsibility, I really don't have nay of those, that's all for my big brothers. as for me, I like coming into the village, getting to know everyone, I try to help people out with their work whenever I can, or when they will let me. Otherwise you know, I just hang out with my friends laughing having a good time."

He looks around wondering where they even are, they are never this late

"Hey I just had a great idea, you should come hang out with us some time, it'll be a good time, I promise"

"Oh you know, a little of this a little of that, for the most part we stay out of trouble. But every so often we get blamed for something. The don't really roam around too much after dark, they all work on the family farms so they have to go to bed early. But you're more than welcome to hang around with me if you'd like. I usually try to stay away from the keep til everyone goes off to bed avoiding all those "Noble responsibilities" you were talking about earlier"

He feels a little blushed, just realizing what he asked her, wondering what has gotten over him

He smiled at her as she got up, not helping to watch her walk away before realizing she had just agreed to hang out with him later on. He realized this wasn't gonna be any ordinary night so he hopped up to rush home and change and do a few things before hand. He rose from the bench, finishing his ale before signalling to her he would return and dashed home

Reeve comes walking up, sees Katelyn waiting for him so he rushes over.

"Hi sorry took me a little longer that I thought it would. You look cold here wear this"

He takes his cloak and wraps it over her shoulders, trying to warm her up. The cloak is a bit long and so the fur along the bottom drags along the ground.

"would you care to go for a walk? It's nice and peaceful out and a clear night as well, I happen to know a perfect spot for looking up at the stars"

Reeve holds his hand out for her

They head off, he is leading them to his favorite spot to look at the night sky, surprisingly a place he has never brought anyone, jis place to think.

"So your family has been here for a long time haven't they? I seem to remember that tavern just always being there. I mean I can remember as a child when my father used to come to the village all the time, talking with the people, getting to know them and their families, he used to know everyone's jobs. I guess thats where I get it from myself, but anyways, I used to remember we always went to that tavern for a meal, I may have even had my first ale their. Our fathers seemed to be friends, they spoke together more than he spoke with anyone else. Or maybe I remember i wrong. Anyways the spot I wanted to show is right up here"

He led her out onto the hilltop, clear of any trees or brush and you could se the night shy and the stars as far as the eye could see. Then he reached behind him pulling out a blanket, the reason he ran home, and laid it out on the grass motioning for her to have a seat as he sat down on it.

Katelyn sits down on the blanket, while it dudnt make the ground any softer it did shield them from the wet ground. She looks up ad smiles at the glittering night sky, seemingly endless.

"I'm not too sure, we get so many people through the tavern that are important, or seem to be as such. I only know that my father says good things about the Duke. About everyone in your family too, so they may be friends." Katelyn quiets herself, not wanting to give the impression that she is a mouthy woman. She pulls the cloak tighter around her as a gust blows past.

He feels the gust of wind and places his arm over her shoulder pulling her in close, not even realizing what he is doing.

"So this is an amazing view isn't it? Not too many people know about it honestly and it lets me get away from everything and everyone and just think about, well, things."

He takes his arm from her shoulder and lays back, looking up into the sky and listening to the sounds of nature in the nearby woods

"So tell me, what sort of dreams do you have? What do you see your life being, I mean it can't just be about working the tavern the rest of your life. Not that there is anything wrong with that of course. But I am just curious if you have any other dreams or aspirations in life"

He turns to lay on his side, propped up on his elbow looking at her.