• Community Administrator

I've completely gotten rid of the images in each section:

• Fandom Roleplay(s)
  • Past Setting(s)
  • Present Setting(s)
  • Futuristic Setting(s) <-- This one violated ToS. 

First of all; I think Past, Present and Future should be merged together. This should be tagged, in the RP not actual forums. Fandom Roleplays is fine as a seperate section, as this make sense. This will allow us to make room for the archive section... Perhaps some kind prefix can be used there to signal an abandoned one, or a finished one; like:  abandoned and finished respectively. Allow people to message the club leader or something if they do come back to move abandoned topics out of there back to their respective section, for certain. The use of tags makes finding things a lot easier, and this should be encouraged, not ignored. I do not see the logical sense (With respect to @lVergill of course) of sectioning them up like this, when it can be tagged is what I am trying to say.

The homepage could do with a little bit more work being put in it, as can each section. The Image section doesn't have any rules attached to it, and I think this is a detriment. I think there should be an enforced - you need to make an album in this area to post up images to keep things neat and tidy. You can find your roleplayer and look at their characters easily. 

• Senior Staff

I've noticed that there isn't really a convenient place for public RP plots. Most people seem to do it either in Statuses, which can get buried pretty easily, Ecchitexts which limit the user to users they specifically name, the public Ecchichat, where again, suggestions are likely to get buried and/or ignored, or the private roleplayer's bulletin board, which seems to be the most convenient IMO, but it has the issue of being called the private roleplayer's bulletin board which could discourage new users from posting there, thinking it's exclusive to private roleplays.

Since we now have this Public RP club, I think we should remove the "private" from the bulletin board and just call it the "Roleplayer's bulletin board," and just ask users to specify whether they prefer public or private in their thread. That way, people don't get confused by the title and understand that any plots for any type of roleplay are welcome. After making that change, I think there should be a link to the bulletin board on the Public RP club's homepage with a brief explanation of its purpose.

It would also be nice to have an OoC section for users to openly discuss their ideas in the club itself. For something like this, it would probably be best to be a page in the club rather than just a thread like in most other clubs due to the significantly larger amount of individual and entirely unrelated stories going on at once. Users should be able to create a separate OoC thread for each one of their roleplays if they desire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/07/2018 at 02:31, Aura said:

I've noticed that there isn't really a convenient place for public RP plots. Most people seem to do it either in Statuses, which can get buried pretty easily, Ecchitexts which limit the user to users they specifically name, the public Ecchichat, where again, suggestions are likely to get buried and/or ignored, or the private roleplayer's bulletin board, which seems to be the most convenient IMO, but it has the issue of being called the private roleplayer's bulletin board which could discourage new users from posting there, thinking it's exclusive to private roleplays.

Since we now have this Public RP club, I think we should remove the "private" from the bulletin board and just call it the "Roleplayer's bulletin board," and just ask users to specify whether they prefer public or private in their thread. That way, people don't get confused by the title and understand that any plots for any type of roleplay are welcome. After making that change, I think there should be a link to the bulletin board on the Public RP club's homepage with a brief explanation of its purpose.

It would also be nice to have an OoC section for users to openly discuss their ideas in the club itself. For something like this, it would probably be best to be a page in the club rather than just a thread like in most other clubs due to the significantly larger amount of individual and entirely unrelated stories going on at once. Users should be able to create a separate OoC thread for each one of their roleplays if they desire.

I'm not so sure about this; the private roleplay area exists for a reason. If I meshed both of them together it will cause confusion for dreamers. There is a section already for stuff like this; https://ecchidreams.com/community/forum/118-game-masters-corner/ although an OOC section might not go a miss either. I'll going to start the process of the changes today, although I am a little disappointed that there is next to no feedback here.

Considering how I barely did public RP to begin with, it's a little difficult to really have feedback for it. I think most people don't really read these threads either. When I picture Public Roleplay, I picture a spot for roleplay, a spot for ooc and that's about it. A spot for character introductions is probably always a good idea as well. I'm mostly used to roleplay being done in a single forum thread but ED offers much more. As it was said, private roleplay is mostly done in the form of ecchitext between selected users. I wouldn't even be sure of what I'd want of a public roleplay area. ED already gives more than whatever I have seen before so it's already good as it is for me.

Edited by XenoSera

• 2 years later...

@KinkyKathy Just shoot @Neptune or I a request with the URLs of the topics you want moving over to the archive and why (Like were they abandoned, or finished, etc).

Edit: @Neptune just informed me that this has already been done for you. 🙂 

• 3 months later...

At the risk of sounding like I don't care much: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But if you really wanna change something, it might not be a bad idea to remove the fandom roleplays tag and just move them to the public stuff. Looking at the public roleplays right now, people are already doing fandom roleplays there, so it's not really needed to separate them. Makes it look simpler and easier to get into if you ask me.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up