Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Kalvoras Vertal

"Rolling items for @PinkKitten"

Woodcutter Axe, Can of Baked Beans (4 meals worth), Full Box of Paracetamol (26 Tablets) (8 Doses), and a Map"

PinkKitten
1 minute ago, Shuya "Cheshire" Hideaki said:

"Rolling items for @PinkKitten"

Woodcutter Axe, Can of Baked Beans (4 meals worth), Full Box of Paracetamol (26 Tablets) (8 Doses), and a Map"

Thanks XD She better not eat that map, but there are no guarantees!

XenoSera

Why do items come with a roll...? Asking out of curiosity since I might have missed something. Should we not use items related to our characters or those are different from the rolled ones...?

Kalvoras Vertal
6 minutes ago, PinkKitten said:

Thanks XD She better not eat that map, but there are no guarantees!

"Pffffft XD"

5 minutes ago, XenoSera said:

Why do items come with a roll...? Asking out of curiosity since I might have missed something. Should we not use items related to our characters or those are different from the rolled ones...?

"You can request one special item to fill up one of the character's slots. It will have to be put in the right slot of course ^_^"

Slot 1: Weapon

Slot 2: Food

Slot 3: Medicine

Slot 4: Random Item

Edited by Shuya "Cheshire" Hideaki

Neptune

We have rolls for the starter items to make the start of the roleplay for a character more random and for some, can give an extra challenge. As Shuya said, you can trade in one of your slots for a specific item like if you have a special weapon on mind for your character.

XenoSera

So pretty much a class item that the character will have around as signature. I didn't expect this though I suppose it's part of the level of difficulty... My character has a tool belt, is all I know. (Possibly uses a wrench). But I might end choosing something else since I'm now aware of certain rules. I will be annoying but if someone uses a younger character, I presume they won't carry as much as an adult, right...?

Edited by XenoSera

Kalvoras Vertal
1 minute ago, XenoSera said:

So pretty much a class item that the character will have around as signature. I didn't expect this though I suppose it's part of the level of difficulty... My character has a tool belt, is all I know. (Possibly uses a wrench). But I might end choosing something else since I'm now aware of certain rules. I will be annoying but if someone uses a younger character, I presume they won't carry as much as an adult, right...?

"Yeah, I don't think a younger character would be able to hold as much X3"

Lisa
3 hours ago, Neptune said:

Hey everyone I figured I would give an update as to the progress of the map. It doesn't look like much at the moment, and I've spend the last hour reshaping the coastline (I still might do some more. It still seems too 'flatish' in places to me). I've placed down the main city and towns and I've outlined the routes in red although when I do the actual routes they won't be straight lines like this. But it gives you a general idea. The area marked as "United Federation of Families" is blocked off in this RP, but it's a country that sits next to Ashaea. 

I'm taking a break from it at the moment. All I can see swimming before my eyes is that coastline @.@ 

Progress3.png

If lore allows it, maybe add a stream with a delta to it. Running From north to south, it would break up the coastline a bit? 

• Like 1

FastRide2

Umm.... I don't know where to go to get the items for my OCs but for Amanda I would like to request for her first slot she have a Walther WA 2000 or a Chinese M99, from the days in the navy.

FastRide2

Oh and possibly Jessica have a map for her fourth slot?

Mysthero

Do I need to discuss my post with anyone before I put it up? I know there are chances of finding items and attracting zombies during situations of a post, so I didn't want to throw my character into the world without the green light.

Neptune
12 hours ago, Lisa said:

If lore allows it, maybe add a stream with a delta to it. Running From north to south, it would break up the coastline a bit? 

Lore does allow for an entire river. I just haven't gotten around to that yet xP I need to do the contours of the land first such as any hills and mountains. Still figuring how to do that. Now that I'm up and awake I'll do that, once I've done some RP replies.

4 hours ago, Mysthero said:

Do I need to discuss my post with anyone before I put it up? I know there are chances of finding items and attracting zombies during situations of a post, so I didn't want to throw my character into the world without the green light.

You would only really have the chance of finding items if your character is looting. And unless you asked for it, I think a forced zombie encounter would be a little unfair xD I saw your post, and it was good. I enjoyed it!

@FastRide2 I will be sending you an EcchiText.

Mysthero

@Neptune Thank you! Im following the unspoken genre rule about not saying the Z word in my posts. Lol

I had been meaning to ask how combat will work against the undead?

FastRide2

I keep refreshing.

Neptune
5 minutes ago, Mysthero said:

@Neptune Thank you! Im following the unspoken genre rule about not saying the Z word in my posts. Lol

I had been meaning to ask how combat will work against the undead?

That's a pretty broad question, actually. How the actual scrapping goes down is largely dependant on your character and how they fight not to mention what weapon they're using.

But if you mean how encounters work...  well if we trigger an encounter (which can be a number of circumstances like you've triggered a certain story event, you request one, or we notice that your character is making a bit too much noise. Although if an area is empty of zombies then an encounter cannot be triggered), one of the admins of the RP will roll to determine the number of zombies (1-19). If you're unlucky enough to land on the 20, then that's a horde coming your way with the number dependant on where you are on the map. The chances are, we might post in the main thread, tagging those effected and informing them that X amount of zombies are coming towards them.

Mysthero

Well, I was asking if stats would be involved in the combat and if it would be dice based or how our chances of injury and victory would be determined. ^.^

Neptune

Ah yes, we will roll for the chance of injury as well as severity of said injury. The type of injury will determine the amount of health that is depleted. Small injuries will be the most common. Death or life threatening injuries the rarest. 

Neptune

I've hit a bit of a snag. I need a graphics tablet, and ours is broken so we're going to need to order a new one but we need to wait a bit before doing that. Luckily I'm not expecting everyone to have gotten halfway across the map by the time I get it and are able to finish off the map, since there are a lot of locations I need to put into the map for RP story and the like. But at least I've finished the coastline. A little section of it is a bit straight, but that's due to the fact that it's going to have a mountain running along it.

Progress5.png

PinkKitten

Hmm...Is there any place that would be good for me to dump BTD-786 to begin? If I recall correctly, I think the options were Delwore, Taiom or Havenborough but I'm not sure if I should put her somewhere in particular.

@Sinclaire Would it be alright for me to drop my cockroach near you so you can interact with her? :3

Edited by PinkKitten

Sinclaire

@PinkKitten Of course, that would be just fine and I welcome the interaction. However, I will warn you, she will be quite standoffish at first. Not easy to make friends.

Edited by Sinclaire

PinkKitten

@Sinclaire That's fine ^u^ BTD-786 won't mind at all and she's quite a quiet one too x3

• Like 1

Sinclaire

@PinkKitten I just wanted to let you know that Charlee and Bane are currently in a single room hunting cabin just outside of Taiom. Just seemed a it different in your post as though they were in a multi room family room inside of Taiom. 

PinkKitten

@SinclaireGot it! So is there any kitchen at all? Since you mentioned she was going to look for supplies, I was a bit confused since I figured maybe there was a little more than one room.

Sinclaire

@PinkKitten In my mind I was thinking of it as just a simple room with the twin bed, single window, perhaps a tiny kitchen area with a wood stove and things littered about. Could have some cabinets and/or a dresser.