Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Damon

A girl amid the goblins

Damon

Not everyone who finds themselves in the Labyrinth enter through the front gate. This story tells of Jasmin awakening in a strange world and the circumstances she finds herself in...

Jasmin found herself awakening. There was something wrong in her room. She couldn't be sure what it was but something... -the clock! She was quite certain that she had never seen the antique wallclock that perched serenely by the door. It was very late, the mysterious clock said 12:30 -almost 13... 13? Yes the strange timepiece had 13 hours...

There was a shuffling sound out the door and the handle rattled as it was turned by whomever  was outside... surely it was Mum?

• Thanks 1

Lisa

"Mum?" Jasmin asked with a sleepy voice, confused. As she rose from the bed she noticed something else. She felt a breeze on her body and looked down. 

Her helle kitty top and panties were gone, replaced by a simple cotton nightgown. 

Whenever she turned her room seemed to change slightly, furniture changing to rough, barely processed wood. Lights turning into candles when she wasn't looking. Her bed turned into a rough wooden frame filled wit straw as soon as she was out of it. "Mum?" she repeated, slowly approaching the door, touching the handle. 

Edited by Lisa
  • Like 1

Damon

The door burst open and a creature, about 2 foot tall, with a long crooked nose and ears that hang to it's shoulders, was standing on the other side.

"Ye-AAAAhhh!!!" The goblin screamed. "Monster! Ruffian! Fire!" The little monster was spinning in place, waving his clipboard furiously. Suddenly it sprang over the bed and held it's clipboard up as a shield. "You'll not take me alive!" It pauses and cocks it's head to the side. "Actually, I'd rather be taken alive... left if truth be known." 

• Like 1

Lisa

Jasmin jumped back as the wild creature entered screaming. She was at least as terrified as that little thing. 

Jasmin, in her panic almost fell down as she tried to gain as much distance as possible to the monster. 

It took her some time to realize that both of them were afraid of each other. "Please don't hurt me! I don't know what happened!" she screamed back, only slowly calming down. Her voice was still shaky as she kept talking, "How... How about we don't hurt each other.... And Uhm.... Stop screaming. Please? It scares me." 

Edited by Lisa
  • Like 1

Damon

The goblin's ears perked up, "You won't hurts us?" His lower lip trembled uncertainly. He siddles closer, "Gubbin just doing inventory... Be done soon." The goblin mutters something unintelligible and, literally keeping one eye on the girl, his other eye wanders around the room as he makes various marks on his clipboard. "Hiding from Keeper?" The creature asks as he edges to the door. "Gubbin take you. Go see Fetch!" He grins, revealing what is probably the worst dental hygiene that Janet had ever seen. "You come?"

• Like 1

Lisa

Jasmin's was easened a bit as she saw the funny creature moving his eyes independently. It looked weird, but not in a threatening way. "I guess.... I Uhm... who are you? Who is Fetch, and where am I?" her confusion finally caught up to her and she voiced some of the many questions that were troubling her. 

She stepped closer, still a bit shy. "Oh, and I am Jasmin." 

• Like 1

Damon

The little monster pats his chest, "Gubbin is Gubbin." He smiles, "Fetch is Ambassador. You not from Labyrinth..." The goblin adds to itself, "Scary, ugly human-child... not belong in Labyrinth... Gubbin not keep human-child... Take to Fetch." The creature seems to remember Jasmin's presence, "You called Jasmin? You follow? Fetch say, 'I'll be in Goblintown, Gubbin... Don't eat the rats raw, Gubbin' Fetch tell Gubbin many things. 'Lots of visitors soon, Gubbin!' The goblin looked at the girl quite solemnly, "Big things happening..." he smiles, "Big party too! We must quickly." He shuffles into the passage beyond the door. It's a supprisingly long stone corridor, open to the sky. Small wooden door let off the passage sporadically on either side.

• Like 1

Lisa

Jasmin is confused and overwhelmed, but finds herself getting used more and more to the looks of the creature. The way he talked.... Well she was in elementary school, chatting with her friends wasn't that much of a difference, even though she herself was more of the quiet type. 

She followed Gubbin, more curious than scared now, feeling the cool but not cold, polished stone under her feed. "A party? That sounds nice. I like partys! Will there be cake? Games? Uhm.... Can we drink coke?" 

• Like 1

Damon

"Cake and games... yes, yes!" He hops and claps his hands. Then his eyes dart in both directions at once and he makes a quiet hissing sound, "but quietly... quietly." He shuffles down the passage explaining, "Gubbin needs to do inventory of lost things... Not inventory Jasmin... Give Fetch." The goblin stops and pulls on a random seeming brick, opening a door in the stone wall.

The idyllic garden beyond the wall seems to set Gubbin on edge, "Fastly... Quietly... This Fairy Garden... bad place..."

• Like 1

Lisa

"But fairys... " Jasmin notices the panic in Gubbin's eyes and lowers her voice, quickly, light footed following him. The grass feels nice on her little feet. 

"... But fairys are nice. I have seen them in books. They grant wishes." she whispers, confused.

• Thanks 1

Damon

The garden is a widely spaced hedge maze, with well trimmed lawn paths. Gubbin shrugs, "Maybe grant wishes. Lots of things grant wishes." He spits, "Wishes never free... Nothing free." He motions for the little girl to follow, creeping past a fountain toward a path that seemed to lead toward a distant castle. He was perhaps 5 meters away when he stiffened.

There was a sound, like the tinkling of tiny bells, carried on the breeze. It seemed to be coming closer, but 7 paths converged on the fountain and it was difficult to tell which the sound emanated from.

• Like 1

Lisa

Jasmin followed the goblin with wide eyes, amazed by the beauty of the garden. It had to be among the nicest things she had seen in her young life. And that included a giant bowl of ice cream on one of her friends birthdays. As she heard the bells she smiled even more, it was such a sweet sound. 

She almost bumped into Gubbin as he froze. Her smile slowly fading as she realized something scared him to death. "Fairys?" she whispered "Shall we run? Hide? Gubbin? What shall we do?" 

• Like 1

Damon

The goblin nodded fearfully, "Run," He whispered hoarsely. Suiting action to word, he scurried forward, running down a passage with flowers, seemingly made of crystal, growing out of the hedge walls. 

The bells seem to have stopped near the fountain. Gubbin risks a look over his shoulder and trips, skidding in the turf. He squeeks and rolls to the side, seeming to try to melt into the roots of the hedge.

Back at the fountain a fairy was indeed flitting about. The dimunitive creature appeared to be dressed in flower petals and trailed sparkles as she flew. The fae carried a long spear or lance, like an oversized straight razor with a point. The weapon looked wicked juxtaposed, as it was, in the hand of the fairytale being.  

• Like 1

Lisa

As crooked and twisted the small creature was, he was fast. Jasmin ran as fast as she could, barely able to keep pace with him. 

The pedals and leaves sometimes hit her bare arms and legs, leaving little scratches that Jasmin didn't even notice in her panic. As Gubbin fell to the ground she had no chance of evading him, tripping over his legs she landed in the dirt right next to him, bruising her knees. 

She looked back, her eyes catching a glimpse of the beautiful creature. Beautiful and emitting a dangerous, deadly feeling. 

Jasmin jumped to her feed, pulling on Gubbin's arm "Run! Gubbin we have to run! Come with me!" 

• Love 1

Damon

The goblin scrambles to his feet, aided by the young girl. He runs, pulling her down a side corridor and through a plaza. "Down the Urn!" He leaps up the stairs onto a dias with three large pots on it. The middle urn contains a ladder descending into the earth, shrouded in darkness. Gubbin boosted the girl up and into the urn as the fairy came into view behind them.

He climbed up as soon as her head was out of the way and followed her down into the gloom as quickly as possible. He lets out an agonized  shriek but continues to climb down after. Above, outlined against the bright purple sky, 'Tinkerbell' screams with rage her weapon glistens redly. Down the ladder the pair retreats and the fairy seems disinclined to follow.

Into the darkness, and safety?

Thus ends the first chapter of Jasmin's trip. See how she deals with The Oubliette in Of Pits and Pendulums.