Shy ones

Since its still new I'd like to know more of my visitors: So I have a question for all of you, were you always shy? Did your shyness begin at a certain age? 

And my next question is: Why are you shy? Is it your looks? Your speech? Or do you just have a shy personality? Was it an event that made you shy?

I know I was always shy growing up, although now I'm breaking out my shell slightly it is still a challenge at times. I'm mostly shy of my looks I am camera shy (so you can guess how annoyed my family gets for vacation photos) but I am also shy just in personality just slightly though.

Anything else just put it in

Edited by LycanDragon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Valadrass said:

It's not too late to join in the conversation, is it? I feel like it'd just be weird or disrespectful for me to just jump on in here when it seems like everybody else has built up a kind of rapport.

Nothing is ever too late we only really started so go ahead. Nobody has built much yet anyways so please help yourself

Alright ^^ Well the obvious point to say is that I do really identify with being shy. I've actually been on medication for anxiety in the past, but that never actually made a difference so I don't know, maybe it's just not a chemical thing. From my activity here over the last few days since I joined, it doesn't really seem that way but I guess I was just riding the high of returning to something that used to be, essentially, my entire life when I was younger and having everyone be so welcoming and involved for a change. Now I'm kind of crashing back into my old habits of overanalyzing and internalizing every little thing against myself and it's really exhausting.

So to answer the questions you've just raised: I actually used to be extremely confident when I was very little: I loved to be center stage, whether that be acting or dancing or singing, and I would just walk up to strangers and start a conversation or ask them if they'd like to be friends. One story I've heard from my parents was one time we were away on holiday when I was maybe like five or six years old and they'd gone to a bar with me. They'd lost track of me for a moment and when they looked around trying to find me, I'd somehow made my way up onto a table and was dancing in between and giggling with two drag artists. And those kinds of stories weren't rare, that was just one of the more outrageous examples. I don't know when that changed: it was just like one minute I was this tiny adorable little ball of social energy and pride, then the next thing I remember is just being jaded and antisocial and aggressive whenever anyone approached me, panicking at the idea of even walking out into a crowd, never mind being the focus. I honestly became a little asshole, but behind that was always fear and a need for control so that I wouldn't need to be afraid. I still tried to have friends but it seemed like no matter what I did or how I tried to be different and keep them close, there was always something that happened that felt like a betrayal and that just made me even angrier at the idea of trying to make friends and also scared that it was something about me that pushed them away. Then as I grew older, I slowly mellowed out until I wanted to speak to people again and be liked and have a constant support group around me, but my anxiety and self loathing was already pretty deep-set and it's fluctuated over time from improving dramatically to where it seems like I'm an actual functioning charismatic person, to points where it's far more severe than ever and I can't even leave my room, nevermind my house. I do also have a lot of issues with the way I look and that probably is a big defining factor: on top of finding it hard to trust and communicate with people, I was bullied a lot when I was younger - about my weight, medical conditions I had, being female, even more ridiculous things like getting a plain-ass haircut and having small ears. (Who? Who does that? Who mocks you for being a lesser person because your ears are small??) So my relationship with my looks and self worth has not exactly been the best for the vast majority of my life, and that's always on my mind still. And then there are other, more personal topics that affect it as well, but dark shit needs to be left in the dark corner. Even though I have an extremely loving fiance who is adamant I'm beautiful and talented and charming, and a few friends I have now that have backed that point up as well, it doesn't really make a difference to how I view myself.

Wow, I have talked way too much about myself. I'm sorry. ^^; Something I also have a tendency to do because of my anxiety is either close off completely or overcompensate and ramble on with myself. Probably another thing that turns people off a lot...

13 minutes ago, Valadrass said:

Alright ^^ Well the obvious point to say is that I do really identify with being shy. I've actually been on medication for anxiety in the past, but that never actually made a difference so I don't know, maybe it's just not a chemical thing. From my activity here over the last few days since I joined, it doesn't really seem that way but I guess I was just riding the high of returning to something that used to be, essentially, my entire life when I was younger and having everyone be so welcoming and involved for a change. Now I'm kind of crashing back into my old habits of overanalyzing and internalizing every little thing against myself and it's really exhausting.

So to answer the questions you've just raised: I actually used to be extremely confident when I was very little: I loved to be center stage, whether that be acting or dancing or singing, and I would just walk up to strangers and start a conversation or ask them if they'd like to be friends. One story I've heard from my parents was one time we were away on holiday when I was maybe like five or six years old and they'd gone to a bar with me. They'd lost track of me for a moment and when they looked around trying to find me, I'd somehow made my way up onto a table and was dancing in between and giggling with two drag artists. And those kinds of stories weren't rare, that was just one of the more outrageous examples. I don't know when that changed: it was just like one minute I was this tiny adorable little ball of social energy and pride, then the next thing I remember is just being jaded and antisocial and aggressive whenever anyone approached me, panicking at the idea of even walking out into a crowd, never mind being the focus. I honestly became a little asshole, but behind that was always fear and a need for control so that I wouldn't need to be afraid. I still tried to have friends but it seemed like no matter what I did or how I tried to be different and keep them close, there was always something that happened that felt like a betrayal and that just made me even angrier at the idea of trying to make friends and also scared that it was something about me that pushed them away. Then as I grew older, I slowly mellowed out until I wanted to speak to people again and be liked and have a constant support group around me, but my anxiety and self loathing was already pretty deep-set and it's fluctuated over time from improving dramatically to where it seems like I'm an actual functioning charismatic person, to points where it's far more severe than ever and I can't even leave my room, nevermind my house. I do also have a lot of issues with the way I look and that probably is a big defining factor: on top of finding it hard to trust and communicate with people, I was bullied a lot when I was younger - about my weight, medical conditions I had, being female, even more ridiculous things like getting a plain-ass haircut and having small ears. (Who? Who does that? Who mocks you for being a lesser person because your ears are small??) So my relationship with my looks and self worth has not exactly been the best for the vast majority of my life, and that's always on my mind still. And then there are other, more personal topics that affect it as well, but dark shit needs to be left in the dark corner. Even though I have an extremely loving fiance who is adamant I'm beautiful and talented and charming, and a few friends I have now that have backed that point up as well, it doesn't really make a difference to how I view myself.

Wow, I have talked way too much about myself. I'm sorry. ^^; Something I also have a tendency to do because of my anxiety is either close off completely or overcompensate and ramble on with myself. Probably another thing that turns people off a lot...

I am amazed at you at this very moment. As always when people share, you all have gone through a whole lot far more than I ever did let alone ever will. First off you have a loving fiance so I don't know why you're in ED when you can do all the rp with them, smut especially.

But yes in all seriousness your story is moving like the others, I could never understand the bullying and the sexism and even just being mean in general, but as humans we do have that tendency to be mean but to shame others is beyond me. Self worth I believe is important because you must learn to love yourself as well as others so you don't become too dependant on other people to make you happy. Not saying its bad but in the worst case scenario of a person leaving your life you must turn to yourself for comfort.

We never know when things change, as a child we always had confidence to be more active than adults or teenagers, a child is always full of energy I know I was to a degree. But when you grow there is that moment in your life when things go wrong and you lose all that confidence which you had as a child and it changes to different emotions (especially in puberty) which may not always be positive. But to have anxiety to the point it affects you mentally because if its not chemically its probably mentally, is exhausting to say the least. And a lot of people today make light of these topics and I know people like you and the others who are here are take this seriously and I do as well, its not nice to suspect every single person you meet and take everything with a tight guard.

I'm not anxious but I just don't have the confidence in what I look I am not handsome and I'm not a person a girl would fall for regarding the looks department. So  I never once gained the confidence again to be in pictures because I don't like seeing myself.

I really am a lost for words, even though that probably doesn't look like I am but I really am I don't know what to say to you its a moving story and I am ever so thankful that you pulled the courage to type all that. So thank you

10 hours ago, LycanDragon said:

Since its still new I'd like to know more of my visitors: So I have a question for all of you, were you always shy? Did your shyness begin at a certain age? 

And my next question is: Why are you shy? Is it your looks? Your speech? Or do you just have a shy personality? Was it an event that made you shy?

I know I was always shy growing up, although now I'm breaking out my shell slightly it is still a challenge at times. I'm mostly shy of my looks I am camera shy (so you can guess how annoyed my family gets for vacation photos) but I am also shy just in personality just slightly though.

Anything else just put it in

As far as I can tell, I've always been shy.  When I was younger, the only person I would actively talk to was my older brother while I barely talked to most other people, even in my family.

Why am I shy, though?  Well, I don't even know.  I have the bad luck of having a quiet voice sometimes, which is a double edged sword since I also hate repeating myself IRL, so if someone doesn't hear what I said the first time, I simply respond with "nothing." and kill the topic there.  I just generally don't like to open up to people and keep my distance.  It's just kind of a thing, I don't have any real reason for doing it outside of "trying to avoid getting too close only to be betrayed or forgotten about."

I know that last part had nothing to do with the topic, but...you know.

Ok now that we have shared something about our shyness. Its time to learn more about each other and find common ground to talk about. Of course as it is public and everyone has different opinions so I ask all of you to be respectful and to not bully or insult another for their choices. Thank you and I'm sure none of you will do that.

Anyways, I'm sure we are all aware that this is a roleplaying site despite being much more than that.

My question is why did you come to Ecchidreams? 

Mine was simple it was boredom, I use to roleplay in a different site but smut and other types of mature rps weren't allowed, so I was looking for a place where it was allowed and I found Ecchidreams. So yeah that's my reason for joining, but it is more than a roleplaying site to me because there are areas like this or public rps that far more manageable that makes the site far more open in many ways.

My next question would be, which kink or fetish do you enjoy while you rp?

Me personally its public sex, I love it for it opens multiple scenarios you can change locations doesn't always have to be in a dungeon or bedroom or whatever. And there is a certain thrill if you imagine it (and I have a strong imagination) so public sex really gives me that excitement when I do imagine it while rping

Edited by LycanDragon

Why did you come to Ecchidreams?

I started roleplaying when I was really young (of course, not erotically - well, for the most part, but there are stories there that are irrelevant to the point and kids are stupid.), it being the best way I seemed to make more lasting friendships and just have something more personal as a creative outlet that wouldn't be judged by people in my outside world life (like my art was). I kept jumping from community to community as I grew older, then when I lost my longest and closest friend who'd grown up with me, roleplaying with and alongside me the entire time, I had no drive or confidence to continue in those communities on my own so just disappeared online altogether. By this time though I was with my fiance - then boyfriend - and roleplayed and wrote stories solely with him for a while. Then he encouraged me to try getting myself into online communities again after hearing about how much I loved it and how confident I was online back then, and he joined up with me to an absolutely horrible site that really didn't work out and I withdrew myself again. Recently we got to talking about that time again since my confidence and drive had been pretty low of late, and he encouraged me to try once more. We looked up sites together, found EcchiDreams after searching a while and decided it seemed like it ticked all of our boxes and we joined up together.

So the TL;DR of that is: Roleplaying has always meant a lot to me. I stopped for a while for shitty reasons, then my fiance made me do it.

Which kink or fetish do you enjoy while you RP?

Anything and everything. Within reason. What I mean by that is: if I can understand why someone would find it attractive and I feel I could believably write a character who would be one of those people, I enjoy writing it or can at least give it my best shot, even if that particular kink or fetish does nothing for me. That's why adult babies have made their way onto my 'no go' section in my preference sheet - it's not that I find it disgusting, I just don't personally get it so writing a character who does would be impossible and not fun for me. I do have a lot of dark and depraved and weird tastes that I myself find attractive and fun to play with in fiction - strictly, but that's besides the point. My biggest love and goal is to create interesting and dynamic stories, it just so happens the stories I find the most compelling have racier themes within them. Roleplaying something I can get off to is so low on my list of priorities, it's hardly ever something I consider.

Why did you come to EcchiDreams?

That's simple.  I was looking for a place to do RPs and happened to find this site.  I don't have any fancy backstories or anything.

Now, the short version is...probably none?  I have a much higher preference for story driven RPs, with a sort of "if sex happens, it happens" mindset.  As you may guess, because of that preference and the whole "too shy to approach people for RPs" problem, I don't do many RPs.  But, if you classify "a good story I can get invested in" as a kink or fetish, then that would be it.

6 hours ago, Valadrass said:

Why did you come to Ecchidreams?

I started roleplaying when I was really young (of course, not erotically - well, for the most part, but there are stories there that are irrelevant to the point and kids are stupid.), it being the best way I seemed to make more lasting friendships and just have something more personal as a creative outlet that wouldn't be judged by people in my outside world life (like my art was). I kept jumping from community to community as I grew older, then when I lost my longest and closest friend who'd grown up with me, roleplaying with and alongside me the entire time, I had no drive or confidence to continue in those communities on my own so just disappeared online altogether. By this time though I was with my fiance - then boyfriend - and roleplayed and wrote stories solely with him for a while. Then he encouraged me to try getting myself into online communities again after hearing about how much I loved it and how confident I was online back then, and he joined up with me to an absolutely horrible site that really didn't work out and I withdrew myself again. Recently we got to talking about that time again since my confidence and drive had been pretty low of late, and he encouraged me to try once more. We looked up sites together, found EcchiDreams after searching a while and decided it seemed like it ticked all of our boxes and we joined up together.

So the TL;DR of that is: Roleplaying has always meant a lot to me. I stopped for a while for shitty reasons, then my fiance made me do it.

Anything and everything. Within reason. What I mean by that is: if I can understand why someone would find it attractive and I feel I could believably write a character who would be one of those people, I enjoy writing it or can at least give it my best shot, even if that particular kink or fetish does nothing for me. That's why adult babies have made their way onto my 'no go' section in my preference sheet - it's not that I find it disgusting, I just don't personally get it so writing a character who does would be impossible and not fun for me. I do have a lot of dark and depraved and weird tastes that I myself find attractive and fun to play with in fiction - strictly, but that's besides the point. My biggest love and goal is to create interesting and dynamic stories, it just so happens the stories I find the most compelling have racier themes within them. Roleplaying something I can get off to is so low on my list of priorities, it's hardly ever something I consider.

You have a wonderful fiance to encourage you, to support you in times of struggle. Congratulations by the way on the engagement he sounds like the perfect man for you.

Now this is just a suggestion, judging from what I read you seem to love the idea of storymaking, have you ever thought of becoming an author? It engages your mind and you can use your roleplays as the basis for them, not only that because you are shy being an anonymous author will work for you. Plus its really fun.

It is just a suggestion but you do seem like the person who will do quite well as an author. Anyways like your previous one, you have an amazing story share and I do understand change and losing friends you had for a long time which is why I think your fiance is amazing for getting you out of your darkest moments. and encouraged you to return to something you loved, so he is amazing and I hope you two will have the best of life. 

Like before you took my breath away its just... no words could describe the multiple emotions I felt reading your story, it has a great impact and its like a ray of hope for anyone who is down because at the end of it they will find someone amazing like you have. So thank you once more for sharing such a story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 hours ago, NyxAvatar69 said:

Why did you come to EcchiDreams?

That's simple.  I was looking for a place to do RPs and happened to find this site.  I don't have any fancy backstories or anything.

Now, the short version is...probably none?  I have a much higher preference for story driven RPs, with a sort of "if sex happens, it happens" mindset.  As you may guess, because of that preference and the whole "too shy to approach people for RPs" problem, I don't do many RPs.  But, if you classify "a good story I can get invested in" as a kink or fetish, then that would be it.

Yeah I came here because the previous site didn't allow mature rp and I found ecchidreams, which is amazing. Its not really fancy it was just out of boredom.

That makes sense as well, I guess your shyness is factor for doing so little in the site and that is fine, we all walk a different pace from each other. But you do seems like the person who is accepting of the situation so long as the context matches it, I love a good story and I'm sure a lot do it gives the characters more life to them in my opinion rather than just your way of creating a sex scene or something. So I like that mindset you have it shows that you are engaged with your rps and with your characters. So good on you and thank you for sharing.

On 24/07/2018 at 12:15, LycanDragon said:

You have a wonderful fiance to encourage you, to support you in times of struggle. Congratulations by the way on the engagement he sounds like the perfect man for you.

Now this is just a suggestion, judging from what I read you seem to love the idea of storymaking, have you ever thought of becoming an author? It engages your mind and you can use your roleplays as the basis for them, not only that because you are shy being an anonymous author will work for you. Plus its really fun.

It is just a suggestion but you do seem like the person who will do quite well as an author. Anyways like your previous one, you have an amazing story share and I do understand change and losing friends you had for a long time which is why I think your fiance is amazing for getting you out of your darkest moments. and encouraged you to return to something you loved, so he is amazing and I hope you two will have the best of life. 

Like before you took my breath away its just... no words could describe the multiple emotions I felt reading your story, it has a great impact and its like a ray of hope for anyone who is down because at the end of it they will find someone amazing like you have. So thank you once more for sharing such a story.

He really really is, now if only I could get him to believe that... ^^; And thank you!

Becoming an author is actually one of the biggest dreams I've had for the longest time. I already had my pen name planned out and authors to look up to with similar difficulties with their mental health. And It was one of, if not the reason my fiance and I grew close enough to go from being best friends to being together. He just walked up to me one morning in college and said something to the effect of "I just finished watching all of my favourite TV show and now I feel empty inside. I know you're really good at writing, so do you think we could write a book based off of it?" and then we would spend almost every hour of every day we had together working on getting this off the ground and just became so much closer from there. (Actually we're going to be meeting the actor of one of our favourite characters from that show on Saturday at Comic Con, and I feel like I'm going to cry when I think about it because of how much it and he mean to me for that very reason, but also because of how terrified I am of my anxiety freezing me up and making a fool of myself. 😊) But things just kept getting in the way, mostly me worrying about how people would perceive our ideas if we ever did get published so I just kept changing things to fit all of these strict guides about all of these do's and don't of writing and it stifled my creativity, so that project came to a standstill because of my stupid broken mind. We started up other projects after that to try and get something to go somewhere, but I always just started panicking about not being good enough or my ideas not being right or original or interesting enough so I ended up losing sight of that dream. I never really thought about it as an option since then, but maybe that could change now, especially if all goes well on here. Thank you. 😊 And besides, if Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James and the Cast duo can make something of their toxic bullshittery, I sure as hell should be able to.

I really don't feel like anything about my story is as inspiring or heart-wrenching as you're making it sound, but then I suppose I'm not going to be the best judge of myself. I was about to go into this rant about how I've just been through average experiences and it's only my reactions that have made things difficult for me, but if someone can know my story and find some help or hope within it then that's all that really matters. So again, thank you for validating me and for offering me a new perspective. 😄

18 minutes ago, Valadrass said:

but I always just started panicking about not being good enough or my ideas not being right or original or interesting enough so I ended up losing sight of that dream.

I can honestly relate to that.  I don't think my own writing is very good, and it tends to demotivate me from writing, even though ideas come to me at the worst possible times.

19 minutes ago, Valadrass said:

And besides, if Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James and the Cast duo can make something of their toxic bullshittery, I sure as hell should be able to.

"Toxic bullshittery"

You're speaking my language, and I can totally agree with this.  It's impressive how they've managed to get away with making absolute garbage and pawning it off as "good writing" (no offense to people who actually like their work, this is just my personal opinion).

9 minutes ago, NyxAvatar69 said:

I can honestly relate to that.  I don't think my own writing is very good, and it tends to demotivate me from writing, even though ideas come to me at the worst possible times.

It's horrible, isn't it? Having our minds fight against us so much when this is something we love to do. Pushing back against that is so exhausting, for me at least, but I think worth it if I find the right person or thing to validate or inspire me.

23 minutes ago, NyxAvatar69 said:

"Toxic bullshittery"

You're speaking my language, and I can totally agree with this.  It's impressive how they've managed to get away with making absolute garbage and pawning it off as "good writing" (no offense to people who actually like their work, this is just my personal opinion).

Yes!

would go as far to say 'if you're offended, go and educate yourself'. All four of these 'authors' romanticize abuse in so many forms and three of them target their work towards young people. Especially PC and Kristen Cast - they are the worst of them. Their 'bestselling series' is basically just: 'overpowered Mary Sue bitches and shames everything in the world the authors have a personal prejudice against while gathering a harem of two-dimensional offensive stereotypes to praise every individual dump she takes so she can masturbate to her own self importance. And if anyone dare to try and rival her power or treat people in the exact same way she does, they are disgusting villainous sluts until they submit to her baseless superiority. And oh look! That man's a rapist, and him too! Aren't they sexy and prime love interests to cheat on my boyfriend with?'
can you tell I hate them yet?

What's even worse is that PC Cast is an English teacher. She genuinely shapes children's minds through literature - and that is the type of content that comes from her and her daughter's own minds. I know nothing about their other works and frankly I don't want to, that may be detrimental to my argument but I've seen enough to know how horrible their attitudes are. E.L. James isn't much better but at least her target audience is mature women and it's simply to live out a fucked up porn fantasy while pretending they aren't 'depraved lifeless scumbags' because it's in book format and not video. But still, she pushes a topic she knows nothing about in a very dangerous way with nonsensical characters and ideas. I was about to say Stephanie Meyer is a lot more forgivable, but no. Abusive behaviour is still abusive behaviour, and it was everywhere in the Twilight series, not to mention the creepy ending where the love interest who 'lost' falls in love with her infant child instead. Yes, I personally enjoy lolicon and shotacon stories but the context is far different in that I would never publish that out to the public as a 'good and cute ending'. 

And on top of it all, none of them are even written well. There are misspellings, grammatical errors, plot holes and nonsensical ideas rampant in all of them that show such a lack of care and love for their own creations. It's by far not the worst of their sins, but still begs the question about how in the hell have they received such success? I don't often discredit someone's opinions or personal tastes, but some standards need to be upheld and if anyone thinks the ideals they broadcast to the world through their writing are worth defending, my respect for their opinion is severely limited.

This rant got way too long and aggressive and I am so sorry. I have very strong opinions on this... 😅

11 minutes ago, Valadrass said:

It's horrible, isn't it? Having our minds fight against us so much when this is something we love to do. Pushing back against that is so exhausting, for me at least, but I think worth it if I find the right person or thing to validate or inspire me.

Yes!

would go as far to say 'if you're offended, go and educate yourself'. All four of these 'authors' romanticize abuse in so many forms and three of them target their work towards young people. Especially PC and Kristen Cast - they are the worst of them. Their 'bestselling series' is basically just: 'overpowered Mary Sue bitches and shames everything in the world the authors have a personal prejudice against while gathering a harem of two-dimensional offensive stereotypes to praise every individual dump she takes so she can masturbate to her own self importance. And if anyone dare to try and rival her power or treat people in the exact same way she does, they are disgusting villainous sluts until they submit to her baseless superiority. And oh look! That man's a rapist, and him too! Aren't they sexy and prime love interests to cheat on my boyfriend with?'
can you tell I hate them yet?

What's even worse is that PC Cast is an English teacher. She genuinely shapes children's minds through literature - and that is the type of content that comes from her and her daughter's own minds. I know nothing about their other works and frankly I don't want to, that may be detrimental to my argument but I've seen enough to know how horrible their attitudes are. E.L. James isn't much better but at least her target audience is mature women and it's simply to live out a fucked up porn fantasy while pretending they aren't 'depraved lifeless scumbags' because it's in book format and not video. But still, she pushes a topic she knows nothing about in a very dangerous way with nonsensical characters and ideas. I was about to say Stephanie Meyer is a lot more forgivable, but no. Abusive behaviour is still abusive behaviour, and it was everywhere in the Twilight series, not to mention the creepy ending where the love interest who 'lost' falls in love with her infant child instead. Yes, I personally enjoy lolicon and shotacon stories but the context is far different in that I would never publish that out to the public as a 'good and cute ending'. 

And on top of it all, none of them are even written well. There are misspellings, grammatical errors, plot holes and nonsensical ideas rampant in all of them that show such a lack of care and love for their own creations. It's by far not the worst of their sins, but still begs the question about how in the hell have they received such success? I don't often discredit someone's opinions or personal tastes, but some standards need to be upheld and if anyone thinks the ideals they broadcast to the world through their writing are worth defending, my respect for their opinion is severely limited.

This rant got way too long and aggressive and I am so sorry. I have very strong opinions on this... 😅

You don't need to apologize.  This rant basically describes my thoughts and more.  It speaks to me on a spiritual level.

1 minute ago, Valadrass said:

Phew! I was really worried I was going to scare you off or offend you. 😅 But I'm really glad to find someone who views this topic anywhere near as strongly as I do. I don't get to share these opinions a lot and be taken seriously, so thank you. 😊

Trust me, it's not that easy to offend me...or scare me off.

Well it's been a couple of days so I'm gonna give you guys an easy (hopefully) topic to discuss.

What do you enjoy doing when you are not rping?

Me it's writing stories or looking at stuff at Pinterest. Of course there are more though.

Ok that's all from me lets see how many common traits we all have.

When I'm not roleplaying, my time splits between video games, watching (films and TV shows on Netflix/YouTube/anime), drawing, D&D sessions with friends (rarely, considering they're all awkward bastards who can never get the same time free anymore 😭) and reading sometimes when I have enough time to myself and actually remember I have unfinished books.

1 hour ago, Valadrass said:

When I'm not roleplaying, my time splits between video games, watching (films and TV shows on Netflix/YouTube/anime), drawing, D&D sessions with friends (rarely, considering they're all awkward bastards who can never get the same time free anymore 😭) and reading sometimes when I have enough time to myself and actually remember I have unfinished books.

You sound like a busy person. Well they all sound quite fun to do, you must never get bored since you've always got something in your hands to keep you busy

I'm just gonna rephrase this question to "what do you do with your free time because you're not doing RPs that often, if at all."  Anyway, I play video games, read on occasion, watch anime (because I'm one of those weirdos who likes the My Hero Academia dub and watches it weekly on Funimation's site), stream on Twitch when OBS and my PC decide to cooperate, and the previously mentioned writing.  Otherwise...outside of work, I don't do much in public.  Due to my lack of IRL friends, I spend almost all my free time at home.

Edited by NyxAvatar69
Always read your post before you post

4 hours ago, NyxAvatar69 said:

I'm just gonna rephrase this question to "what do you do with your free time because you're not doing RPs that often, if at all."  Anyway, I play video games, read on occasion, watch anime (because I'm one of those weirdos who likes the My Hero Academia dub and watches it weekly on Funimation's site), stream on Twitch when OBS and my PC decide to cooperate, and the previously mentioned writing.  Otherwise...outside of work, I don't do much in public.  Due to my lack of IRL friends, I spend almost all my free time at home.

Wow everyone has a lot of things to do I mostly just sleep watch Youtube maybe Twitch and write books when I don't rp. Also watch anime of course.