The Crooked Saloon (OoC)

• Community Administrator

@Aura I don't have any current plans for the character. He's labelled as an Onlooker at the moment, but he's able to be both Blackmailer and Victim depending on RP circumstances. He has reasons to be both. Amelia is good, although I imagine you will be wanting to keep her relatively close to Jasmine? Amelia is at the limit of the age I am willing to RP publicly so I'm not to sure on the suitability there and I don't want to ruin any plans you have regarding Amelia and Jasmine. 

• Senior Staff

Well, since Rose is already set up to become a victim pretty quickly, it could be interesting if Zack ended up with a victim of his own. I'd have to put in some time to come up with a concept for a new character, though. Perhaps, he could also interact with Serenity in some way, though I'm not sure how that would play out just yet, unless she suspected him of some illegal doing. Even then, her focus is more on blackmailers, which so far this story seems to be lacking. 

If you're uncomfortable playing with Amelia, that's perfectly fine with me. Though, while I would like for Amelia to be tied closely to Jasmine, it seems like @Lisa may have lost interest in the roleplay, or she's at least particularly busy. But she never even made an introductory post so I'm not quite sure what to expect from her in that area. I was also hoping to tie Serenity in with Fred a bit more so that there could be some development for her investigation, but again, nothing seemed to sprout up. 

Also, taking another look at your preferences, I'd completely forgotten that you don't roleplay gore. I might have to tone down some things I had planned for Rose to find in Anhara's home in that case. Although, I would like to ask, is there any extent of gore that you're comfortable with, or would you rather me avoid it altogether?

• Community Administrator

I'm more than happy to have Zack as a blackmailer. He's the more flexible of the two characters that I have. As for Serenity... it's entirely possible that she could suspect him of something illegal. You'd need to look at his blackmail material. We can always talk about it either through EcchiText or you can DM me on Discord if you want. Or it could just be a chance meeting like at a shop or something like she's chasing a random criminal and he points her in their direction. It could be any number of ways. 

It's a shame Lisa hasn't done any posting, I've never roleplayed with her before and I was looking forward to see her characters in action. If she's not been doing other posts, it's possible that they're just very busy. A number of people have gotten pretty busy as of late, including myself. 

I don't like gore if it's used sexually, like fucking someone with a severed limb. Non-sexual, I'm fine with it. It can be good for horror RP and I've roleplayed a few number of gore scenes that weren't sexual. Maybe I should make that clearer in my preferences. 

Edited by Neptune
Adding content.
  • Love 1

• Senior Staff

Okay, yeah, I was planning on including gore in the sense of topics like forced cannibalism or grotesque bodies. Although, Anhara and her father are no stranger to necrophilia and amputees, I didn't have any particular plans to include those ideas here, though I might allude to them to emphasize how fucked up they are. I was also thinking about one of the first things she'd do to Rose being murdering Shane and forcing her to eat the dog's meat. Of course, this will be hidden behind a side story so it doesn't disgust anyone trying to join the main roleplay x3

And yeah, you're right, Lisa is probably just busy, though she hadn't posted in here even before while we had another roleplay going on.

Anyway, I'll send a message to you on Discord to discuss Zack a bit more.

• Love 1

• 3 months later...

Could you possibly give out details on Blackmailer/Victim M/F ratio? While both appeal to me I don't want to make one if there are already lots of that type. (If that makes sense?) Or would it just be better if I made an onlooker and go from there? 

Edited by LazarusLuna

• Senior Staff
13 minutes ago, LazarusLuna said:

Could you possibly give out details on Blackmailer/Victim M/F ratio? While both appeal to me I don't want to make one if there are already lots of that type. (If that makes sense?) Or would it just be better if I made an onlooker and go from there? 

Hm... that is a good point. I might want to reorganize the citizen database or create a public list of which characters are labelled which role to make it easier to follow. Currently, you can check the role of individual characters on their profile, though. 

We seem to have a lot of Onlookers and Victims, but not many actual blackmailers. So if you're interested in creating a character to balance the numbers, I'd suggest a blackmailer ^^

Sorry to be a pain I am just used to big rps having lists laid out so people have an idea of what types of characters have already been submitted so they can then choose to make something based on the numbers and such. (Plus it prevents similar characters and such.) 

I have an idea for a blackmailer but do I need to pm you about it? 

• Like 1

• Senior Staff

Nope, you can just go ahead and create your blackmailer character and you'll receive a DM from Ghost~

And I don't mind! I'm happy to receive any feedback to help improve the club's organization. I also have to work within the limits of the system, however, so I believe I'll probably just create a thread listing all the characters in each role.

Edited by Aura

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Senior Staff

@Neptune Well, with that side story out of the way, I think it's time to look at our future interactions? I was thinking that this would be a good point to introduce Serenity. She could be investigating the hotel at the time of this encounter and bore witness to the whole event. She might lock eyes with Zack as he's leaving and come by his shop later in the day to question him after first questioning Aria in private. This will help her to get more insight into Viper and how they operate, which could in turn help her in her investigation into Ghost.

What do you think?

• Senior Staff

Undoubtedly. And I'm sure having a police officer walk in questioning him about what he was doing at the hotel wouldn't exactly look good in front of his wife, either. xD

All around an awkward situation, but Serenity has to operate in underhanded ways if she wants any progress in her investigation under the condition the city is in.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Staff
On 10/17/2019 at 10:35 PM, Chamomile said:

>reads group description
Oh hell to the fuck YES!
Two questions:

How does one end up with an owner?
Where do I drop my character sheet?

(If you couldn't guess I'm hoping to play a victim)

I deeply apologize for the long wait! I've been very busy these past several months and haven't had much time for the site.

Anyway, I would normally offer to have one of my own characters be an owner, but under current circumstances that would likely just leave your character stuck in limbo waiting for replies on my end. Instead, I would recommend you go ahead and make your character profile here. Simply follow the instructions on the page and start filling out your character sheet. If you need further help in that regard, you can ask me any questions and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. You can also look at the other characters on the page for examples. Once that's done, you can help spread the word about this roleplay club and seek out anyone who may be interested in roleplaying with you here! I hope you enjoy yourself! ❤️ 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up