Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Neptune

“Yes… I’m fine…” Daedrin assured Izanagi, one hand massaging his chest right above his aching left heart. The pain was beginning to disappear, and he hoped that his heart was getting back on track. He just wished he did not have to run so soon after having a heart failure. The running had taken more out of him than he would have liked. Absently, he nodded his head in agreement to Izanagi’s suggestion to get back to the horses. Lucky was no doubt spooked by what had happened and Daedrin couldn’t blame her. Daedrin followed his friend along the wall to where their mounts were waiting for them, twitching his head to the side slightly at the question. He then frowned a little before he looked at the still collapsing building,

“It could be possible. I know I certainly didn’t do anything to destabilize the structure of the building…” He trailed off as he concentrated on the building, his sharp vision able to see details that would be lost to most species. After all, his vision was designed to allow him to see individual grass blades from high up in the clouds. He frowned a little, “It almost looks as if the building is… aging, at a quick pace.” He looked back at Izanagi, “Perhaps they were using the relic to keep the building intact. After all, before Torak was defeated, he would have been the one to keep the place in one piece. With him and the relic gone, there’s nothing to stop it. I know you might not have been able to do much because you mentioned earlier that your powers were disabled. So the relic is the only thing I can think of… because I doubt the Disciple had enough power to keep such a large building intact.” He paused when they came to the gate, not bothering to be quiet as he opened it causing the metal to screech. He winced a little as it penetrated his sharp hearing, but he knew that with the noise of the building collapsing, no one would pay it any attention.

He moved over to Daegrin and patted his neck before moving over to the other gate and opening it up. He went back over to his Aelda and lead him outside, where he looked around. He could see some torches in the distance, milling around, “We need to be careful. I can see some cultists moving around. If they spot us, they’re sure to attack… especially after what we did.” He mounted up onto Daegrin and took his reins in his hands, “Come on. This way.” He said before turning Daegrin around and nudging him into a trot away from the mansion. 

• Love 1

Akira

As we kept making our way to our horses I couldn't help but think about what Deadrin just told me. The building was aging super fast? that is why it suddenly crambled like that? *Oi Odium, you heard him right?* I began a quick conversation with Odium *Yeah, the mansion collapsed because it aged really fast... do you think this might have something to do with the rune's power?* I mentally nodded in response *Yes, I believe that if the relic was the thing keeping that enormous mansion in one piece, then that probably means that the rune can manipulate time in some way... or something of the sort at very least...* *That also means that the rune is really really powerful. Which is dangerous. Something with this much power will likely have some sort of negative effect when used as well. We can't afford to be careless with that rune. Whatever it does...* 

Before we could get any deeper on the subject however, we arrived at the gate. Which Deadrin wasted no time in opening it. Needless to say, I didn't protest. Being steathy was the least of our worries right now. We quickly got to Lucky and Deagrin after passing through the metal bars. While Lucky was understandably nervous and maybe a bit scared when we got there, as soon as she felt my hand patting her neck a little bit she quickly got a lot calmer. Deadrin and I both quickly mounted our respective horses and bagan to gain distance from the ever increasing pile of rubble that was a mansion not long ago. *Say... how much do you trust this weirdo friend of yours?* Odium asked once we were at a considerable distance, causing me to mentally sigh at him *Look, if you don't like him much that is fine, but at least call him by his name alright?* the demon simply grunted in response, which was his way of saying 'fine...' *Well... he knows both about my true self and you and didn't try to kill us. That alone is way more than damn near everyone we met so far. Plus, he is really honest and, even though we disagree in a few aspects, he understands me pretty well... I would trust him with my life. Why do you ask?* *Nothing, I was just... wondering about something...* That sort of behaviour isn't really common with Odium.  He is usually more focused on acting instead of thinking, then again even the most basic levels of human relationships was something he couldn't understand at all, maybe he was trying to understand a bit more about it.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Love 1

Neptune

Due to the fact that the cultists and Hounds were distracted by their now destroyed mansion, Daedrin was able to lead Izanagi away from the centre of their worship with minimal encounters. Daedrin was relieved to get out from underneath that perpetual cloud that hung above the mansion. It felt good to have the warmth of the sun once more against his skin. It had been so gloomy beneath the cloud cover and both of the horses seemed to perk up when they had left. Thankfully, now that they were past Ashaba, it wouldn’t take them long to reach their final destination. He looked up through the trees and could see the looming peaks of Enutpen’s Glory. Despite the fact that they could see them, they were still a few days travel from their base. While not as sprawling as the Therarr peaks, this mountain range was taller, with their peaks penetrating the clouds. They were so large and imposing that they affected the very layout of the land. They were the very reason for the existence of the Dynx Desert as the mountains prevented any rain moving from the Rosayia forest up north. 

For several days, Daedrin lead Izanagi through the winding paths of the forest. With the mountains in view, it was easily to make their way towards them. Even an amature navigator could not lose their way with such beacons. Now that they were so deep into the forest, their chances of encountering dangerous monsters was significantly higher, and the two had a couple of run ins with persistent monsters who thought that the two would make an easy meal, only to find out the hard way that they weren’t. The hunting was good at least, and Daedrin knew enough about the local fauna to pick edible plants to compliment their meals. 

On the evening of the third day since leaving the mansion, Daedrin pulled his mount to a stop and looked up at the mountains that had gradually grown in size until they had almost completely taken over their view. He turned his head towards his travelling companion and said, “We should be leaving the forest soon. The location we will need to go, to mine the Kraerhil is a little distance into the mountain range. Thankfully we won’t have to go too far in. The mountains can be just as dangerous as this forest…” He sighed through his nose before giving a slight smile, “We’ll set up camp here for tonight. We should be able to reach the location the day after tomorrow if we set out in the morning.” He dismounted from Daegrin and lead the Aelda over to one of the nearby trees that looked like it would be a good spot to set up camp. Immediately, he set about making the fire and setting up a pot to cook a hot stew, figuring that a good hearty and hot meal would do them good before tackling the mountains. He looked up from what he was doing and asked, “Mind finding some meat for the stew?”

• Love 1

Akira

As time passed we kept going towards our destination: the Kraerhil mine. Over time my wounds and bruises acquired during my battle against the Hierarch were healed, but I was still unable to activate or discover the power of the rune I got from the pod found inside the mansion before it collapsed down. It wasn't for lack of trying, though. Every day, while Deadrin was sleeping and I was changed with watching the camp both Odium and I would try to activate it, but neither of us was able to get any results. Still, we were making progress, after two days we found out that there half of the rune meant 'time'. Should we find what the other half means we might be able to use it or at least undertand it.

On the third day after our ''little adventure'' in the mansion we were clearly approaching the mountains. They were an incredible sight so say the least. Throught all these years traveling around I had seen my fair share of breath taking sights, but that surely was something memorable. My attention was quickly taken by Deadrin who told me that our destination was somewhat close from our current position, but we should still be careful since the mountains wouldn't be any less dangerous than the forest. I gave him a quick nod in response to that. Then we proceeded to set up camp so we could spent the night. While Deadrin was setting up somethings things he asked me to go look for some meat for our dinner "Sure thing." I quickly answered in a calm tone and headed towards the deepts of the woods. I quickly activated my Soul Eye to amke my job of hunting an animal easier. After walking a little bit however, I found a small river. It wasn't very deep and it was located at a considerable distance from our camping site. Thanks to my Soul Eye I was able to quickly spot a few decent sized fishes swimming around in the water. With a mental command I opened three portals above the water, figuring that it would be enough, and waited for right moment to attack. In blink of an eye I fired all my chains and maneged to pierce through a total of three good sized fishes. They had light grey scales and were about 25 cm. 

Satisfied with my success, I commanded the chains once again and brought them all towards me. I calmly took all of the fishes in my hands, dispersed the chains and made my way back to the camp. When I arrived there I noticed that pretty much everything was in place, including the campfire. "Hey, look what I got." I said with a smile while approaching Deadrin and handing him the fishes "Should be enough for the both of us right?" 

• Love 1

Neptune

While Izanagi disappeared off to hunt for some meat, Daedrin set up the campfire and constructed a spit which he hung their cooking pot from. He took their sleeping bags from the horses and lay them down near the fire, closer to the protection of the tree but allowing them to benefit from the heat that the fire generated. He then returned to the fire and began to prepare their stew, pouring water into the pot from their own water supply. Luckily, he knew that there were several fresh water streams in the mountains that they could take advantage of. Certainly tastier than river water, that was for sure. As he was preparing them, he looked up as he could sense Izanagi returning. His red eyes lit up in appreciation at what his friend brought back, “Those are some fine fish you have there.” He commented with a grin as he took the fish and looked at them closer, “Certainly enough for the both of us.” He said before laying them down on a nearby rock. He finished what he was doing with the vegetables before picking up a flattish rock. He inspected it for a few moments before brushing it clean and putting it close to the fire to heat up.

He then turned his attention to the fish, pulling out a dagger. At first, Daedrin used the blade of the knife to descale the fish as he knew that wouldn’t be particularly appetising. He then sliced the fish open, gutting it to remove the guts and other unpleasant organs that they wouldn’t want to eat. He then neatly sliced the flesh off, taking off as much of it as possible before slicing it up into smaller pieces. He placed them on the flat rock, giving them a slight sear on the surface before he threw them into the pot. Once he had finished all of the meat, he threw the rest of the ingredients into the pot and put the lid on, “A good fish stew. I haven’t had one in a long time.” He said before he picked up the leftovers of the fish and carrying it a distance from the camp. Using telekinesis, he dug out a small pit before burying the disgards. He then returned to the camp and washed his hands before taking a long drink from. 

He then returned to the fire and sat himself down, turning his red eyes towards the mountains as if drawn to them. A slight smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he felt a feeling of nostalgia rise up inside of him. Without even realising it, he started to speak, “I have a very special love for mountains, you know. I grew up in a mountainous valley, in a castle keep. It was a very peaceful place, and I feel quite privileged to have grown up there. It was so beautiful. The mountains were always capped with snow, no matter the time of year. And at the very bottom of the valley was the clearest lake you could have ever seen. So clear you could see the bottom of it, and all the fish that swam within it. And just beyond the valley was a forest that stretched as far as the eye could see… I rather miss it.” He let out a soft hum, not taking his eyes off of the mountain before he then added, “I will go back, one day. It won’t be for a very long time, though.” 

• Love 1

Akira

I simply sat by the campfire as Deadrin began to prepare the fishes, saying that it had been quite some time since he ate that type of white meat before. I smiled a him gantly and nodded a bit in response "That makes two of us then" I said with a slight chuckle "My homeland was located in an island and was quite well known in the region for having really good fishing seasons. Back when I was a kid I used to eat fish almost every day. Of couse, ever since I fled home I..." I sighed a little bit due to the bitter sweet memories of my time with my mother and father, back when I still had a complete and happy family "Well... anyway. Yeah, it has been quite some time since I ate fish too." Simply urned my gase to the fire, watching the flames dance over the burning pieces of wood, heating up the pot over it and cooking our dinner. *Hey Odium, do you think we can use the wrathful flame to cook something?* I began to wonder as my thoughts took flight due to boredom *Are you seriously planning to use one of deadliest powers in our arsenal to cook a stew?* The demon responded in a indignant tone *No... well, not to cook a stew anyway...*

As we were waiting for dinner to be ready Deadrin began to speak his mind about how much he loved the mountains, which was something we shared even though he probably liked them even more than me. I simply kept mysefl where I was, closely listening to my friend talking about where he grew up, how beutiful that place was and that he was planning on going back there some day for a visit, even if it was a short lived one. By the time he was done the stew was ready, so I grabbed the two bowls and spoons nearby and served us both a generous amount. I handed Deadrin his meal and then sat again near the campfire "I have to agree you with you, the mountais sure are an incredible sight. I saw a lot of impressive things through my time travelling around, but these sure are special." I chuckled a before taking another spoon of stew "As for the visit... I think it is a very good idea. Everyone needs a break every now and then to relax a bit and keep his head in the right place. And hey, if said place can be same place you spent your childhood that is even better right?" I smiled softly and my friend and kept eating a bit more "Sometimes I think about going back to my homeland... to see what happened, if the war ended and... how my mother is..." I sighed a bit clearly a bit saddened by thinking about what happened to my mother and how left her "I often find myself wondering if what I did was right, but I guess it doens't really matter now anyway... it has been so long after all... I don't even know if can go back and face her... well, nevermind. I might have spoken a bit too much." I rubbed the back of my head a bit before finishing my meal and setting the bowl aside, placing it near the campfire. "So, if I recal correctly is your turn to watch the camp first right?" I stretched my arms a bit and made my way to the sleeping bags "Good night" I said as made myself confortable inside my bag and closed my eyes, quickly falling asleep.

• Love 1

Neptune

Daedrin looked back over at Izanagi as the man began to talk, responding to his comments about the mountains. He smiled a little as Izanagi commented that a visit would be a good idea, as everyone needed a break now and then. The problem was, was that Daedrin couldn’t visit his homeland. Not for a very long time. Izanagi would be long dead by that point. Granted, from his perspective, it would be no time at all compared to his life span. But he still had to wait for a while. He continued to listen, rolling his stew in the bowl before looking back up when Izanagi mentioned his mother, and his wonder as to how she was. It made him curious as to what had happened between mother and son. An argument perhaps? Or he had run away? Even though it wasn’t really any of his business, he couldn’t help but to be curious but he didn’t ask any probing questions. After all, if Izanagi wanted to talk about it, he would. Not sooner, or later. He focused back on his food, almost finished by the time Izanagi questioned about night watch. He nodded, “Yes. It is my turn for watch.” He confirmed, watching as Izanagi moved over to the sleeping bags and settled in his own, “Good night. Sleep well.” Daedrin said, turning back to the fire as he finished eating the stew. He looked into the pot and saw that there was still some left, and decided to leave it until morning. They could use the heat of the fire to warm it back up to be more edible.

He gathered up the bowls and went over to their bags where he washed them and put them aside to dry. He then stood up and looked up at the tree, analysing it. It was a straight up trunk, with the first thick branch at least four metres from the base of the trunk. Perfectly climbable. He glanced at Izanagi to make sure that he was asleep before he stripped off his gloves and carefully stripped off his shoes before climbing up the trunk of the tree and settling on the thick branch. He stretched his legs out before him as he pressed his back against the trunk as he stared off into the distance. It was freshly dark, with the only source of light being their dying fire. Daedrin had decided to leave it as it was, as it would soon die on its own merit before the night time monsters started to become active. He crossed his arms against his chest, his sharp gaze shifting through every inch of the forest as he kept vigil for his sleeping friend. 

• Love 1

Akira

While I was in a deep sleep Odium had a different idea in mind. I was something he had never done before and he wasn't really sure if it would work, but he simply didn't have many options. Plus, now that he was sure that I was in the dream world he felt like it was the right opportunity. Slowly but surely the dark energy that appears on my skin when Odium takes over began to flow through me, however, instead of covering my entire right side like when we were attacked by the Hounds a couple of days ago it only covered my head and right arm. Odium, now in control of my body, slowly got up from the sleeping bag and began to scan the area around truing to find Deadrin. His eyes were emitting a soft orange glow as a sigh of his control over his vessel. Soon enough he grew tired of waiting and simply decided to call out for the one he was looking for. "Oi weir- I mean... Deadrin. Came out. I wish to speak to you." he said while trying to not be too loud, not wanting any unnecessary attention. 

Once Deadrin revealed himself Odium couldn't help but wonder where had he been, but he quickly shrugged it off since his time in control of the sleeping was limited. "I don't know how much time I can hold in this state, so I'll try to be as direct as possible." he began to speak in a direct and serious tone "Even though I fail to understand why, that numbskull vessel of mine trusts you. Maybe because you are one of the very few who don't despise him even after learning about his real self, but it's still not enough to convince me. Now... you do remember that fight against he Hounds a few days back correct? I told you this before, but I'll repeat myself. You have no idea of what Izanagi is capable of. You might not see him a anything special while he is in control, but I assure you. Should he lose said control and give in to his anger, both him and I will be converged into something different; something that not even I can control; something that would make even the most powerful dragons cower in fear. A creature known as the Wrathful Blazerker." Odium gave a quick pause at that point so deadrin could process every thing he had said "Now that you know this, human, I have two questions for you. First: what do you think of Izanagi? and Second: if he transforms in that monster what would you do?" His tone was still calm, but he was even more serious than before.

• Love 1