Uniting the Kingdoms [RP]

• 3 weeks later...

Eddie was in the library one day, looking through the halls and walls of books. As he journeyed, his eyes fell upon an old door in the corner of the room. It had a sign that said "OLD DECAYING BOOKS. USE CAUTION." He opened the door, and headed down the long and dark stairwell. Finally, he reached the floor, seeing that there was limited lighting. He looked at a few shelved on the wall, seeing the musty and ripped up books. The smell wasn;t too great either. His eyes fell upon something though. There was a new, shiny book, sticking out of the shelf. "Odd... This is for old books." He pulled it out. No title. Curious by this book, he sat down on the stone floor, and opened the book. It was blank. Very odd. I turned a few pages, the same thing happening. Finally, I stumbled across a page with some words. It read: 

"Would you like to go on a journey to find the most beautiful and attractive princesses in multiple lands?"

Eddie looked around. Nobody was around, everything was barren down there. He ;ooked back down, and the words were still there. He nodded his head slowly, "...yes?" He answered. The worlds then faded away, as the pages began to glow. Soon, a strong force began to pull Eddie inside the book. He tried to pull away, but it was of no use. The book sucked him inside of it, closing behind Eddie. After some falling happened, Eddie had landed head first into some sand. He tried swimming out, as he realized... he was in a desert! How the hell did he get here? He looked up at the sky, noticing there was no portal which he fell from. Looking around, he noticed a small town some feet away. "Maybe they can tell me where I am..." 

• Like 1

The town that Eddie decided to glance at, was no more than the capital of Dezer, the kingdom he was in... or, at least it was just a small town to him. None the less, from the outside looked a bit barren, though inside would be bustling with activity. Though... he did have to go inside to even know of such  thing. Never the less, the town, whilst worn down from age... was still rather populated inside.

The shifting sands beneath his feet would blow alongside the wind, as the sun heated the earthen loose soil of the desert and it’s air. It would probably be best for him to move towards the town for shelter, and possibly get some answers from the locals here in this place. Besides, he could hear the faint sound of music coming from within. It was very much no use staying here, out in the desert unless he wanted to be out there... for some reason.

Edited by Multiversal
Decided to lengthen it a tad bit, I can’t do much until more has happened.

At first glance, and from a distance away, it appeared to be a small town. But, the closer that Eddie got, he soon realized it was quite bigger than that. And, as soon as he stepped in through the gates, and further inside, he noticed that there was quite a bit of activity going on. That, as his clothes were very different from what the locals had. At this very second, music had hit his ears again. "That music..." He stated. "I had heard it briefly from outside...and now its stronger in the city..." He looked around, seeing what direction it was coming from. He had asked a local, if they heard the music, and, while looking at him oddly, pointed Eddie in the direction. He ran off, wanting to hear this alluring sound. "Find this sound. Then, wonder how I got here later..."

As the music grew louder, so did the crowds. It seemed like it was some popular event, people bustling through the streets as they bought an assortment of items. There was jewelry, food, weapons, and a clothing store. As he would later get closer to the center, that was when he realized what the bustling streets of people were most likely for. A sun kissed woman with that of a feline tail and ears was what most of the people have came to focus on. Her dances were smooth, yet quick on her feet as she listened to the music as a guide for her dance. Her body was decorated with gold bands around each of her limbs, even on her tail as the clothes she wore provided a way to move easily in the hot desert climate. Mostly men were there to watch, yet the donations that were collected in a small box could be seen as full with a gold coins and even a few gems inside. She was certainly one that the townsmen loved to watch.

Eddie's eyes grew open as the sight of the dancer were upon him. He was very pleased that he followed the music now. His mouth, open agape, as he slowly began to make way towards the stage, pushing through the crowd of guys forming around her. Once up front, he watched with such a heightened interested. She was a very attractive woman, for sure. The book's words echoed in his mind... "...the most beautiful and attractive princesses..." Yes, this girl was attractive, and beautiful as well... but a princess? There was no way! What princess would be dancing around half naked like this one, out in the center of town? Regardless... Eddie figured he would wait until after she was done with her dance. Maybe she could tell him where he was, or why he got pulled into a book?

Eddie would soon hear the music come to an end, before the uproar of applause, cat calls, and shouts bursted throughout the air. The attractive feline dancer would flash a smile towards the crowd in gratitude, picking up the small box as she would drop all that was offered to her inside a satchel, before placing it in a safe area between her breasts. This was the moment she began to walk down the stairs, as the crown would slowly thin out. Either way, it seemed like she was free for the moment. Although she was sweating from her performance which made her skin glisten, she’d lean against a wall to count all the profit she had made from her performance.

The crowd began to go about their own ways, and the girl seemed preoccupied with her earnings. Since no one approached the girl, Eddie saw the opportunity to talk to her. Trying to fix his hair, so he didn't look too crazy, he walked over to where she was standing. "Wow... That was quite a show you put up there today. Im...sure you hear that a lot. I apologize, I'm...new to the city. I kinda just...fell into the area..."

“Hrmm?” The feline dancer would look towards Eddie, eyeing him from head to toe before giving him a slight bow. “Oh, thank you for telling me so. I just love dancing in general, and the people just seem to really enjoy it quite so much. Though the nobles have been bothersome... anyways, your clothing doesn’t seem to really hold up well in a place like this... which kingdom did you even come from?”

Eddie blushed, scratching the back of his head. Part of him wanted to answer, but...it'd be best to save that for later. Maybe when he had her trust. "I'll answer that later...I have a weird feeling you may not believe me... I am curious though, where we are? Uh...Sorry, I dont think we properly introduced! My name is Eddie--"

Before he had any time to really get to know this woman, a white light blinded him, everything completely engulfed in the blank. Then, a voice could be heard. "I sent you to the wrong princess... You will see her again...But another needs help..." Eddie was completely confused. Why did this thing sent Eddie to the wrong princess? And...who was it? Was it the same thing that brought him here in the first place? He would have to ask later, as the blinding light diminished. Eddie's eyes had to adjust to his new surrounding, as he was just in strong light just moments ago. "Ok..." He said, as his eyes slowly began to adjust to the new place. "Where did it take me now?"

Edited by nicjomo
Previous RPer has not been seen for a while, so extending to introduce another.

• 4 weeks later...

Eddie had arrived within an ancient eastern village or town. The buildings and decor certainly matched it, as did the weather. It was pleasantly cool out with just a slight breeze. Still, despite it being clearly the middle of the day something was off: the streets were empty. All was quiet save for the occasional faint creaking of a wooden sign post swaying in the wind, or the clattering of a wooden wind chime. Doors and windows were all locked up. But he could briefly detect movement from behind one of the windows. People were around, but they seemed to be hiding themselves away in their homes.

A sudden loud sniffing broke the silence. It was directly behind him. If he turned to check the Human would find himself face to face with a gigantic creature. It was a white fox with red markings around its eye and a red swirl flame marked into its forehead. Its head alone was larger than he was. Altogether it was larger than a bus. A pair of piercing red eyes focused in on him. Then he started to hear a smooth feminine voice.

"What are you?"

The voice seemed to be coming from the creature despite its mouth not having moved.

• 3 weeks later...

Eddie was definitely confused now. This had to be some mistake. He was in some bright, vibrant place before...and now this... Barren... quiet... slight movement inside the houses. Was this because of him? Did everyone hide the moment he arrived? That thought would soon dash out of his head, as he heard the loud sniff, and turned around. Behind him was the gigantic white fox. It did not seem friendly, and he know knew that this creature was the reason everyone hid. And now he was staring at it... her, he assumed, since the voice was female. Though, she did not move her mouth? Telepathy?

"I am Human." He answered, not knowing what else to do. "I come from a far away land. ...what are you? You appear to be a white fox of sorts. Are you...a deity of some kind?"

A grin seemed to spread across the creature's lips, showing off its many sharp teeth. It started to move, circling him with almost silent steps despite its massive size. Even so, while it moved it always kept at least one red eye focused upon him. Human. Yes. He certainly was! As for his origin that too was clear: he was not from around here. He unfortunately knew not what, or who, she was.

At the suggestion that she was a deity she stopped. For a brief second she leaned in closer, eye narrowing. But then the feminine voice returned to his head as a soft giggle. Once more it started to circle.

"A fox. Yes. Observant. A deity? No. Not quite, but perhaps the closest thing to one in this plane. You would do right to fear me. I could snap you apart in a second. You wouldn't even have time to blink! However you do have a pleasantly foreign scent. Where exactly is it that you come from? Something seems off about you."

She stopped, focusing both eyes down upon him.

"I'd suggest you not lie."

• Love 1

He believed her. She was massive and those fangs looked like daggers! And at least he smelled pleasant. He could have had a foreign scent and she be disgusted. Could have made the situation rather worse for him.

"Well...You may think its a lie when I tell you, so this may be a...lose-lose situation from me. But...honesty is the key. So... I'm not exactly sure how to describe my land. Another world I guess..." He began. "I was in the library today, when a found an old book in the basement. It was rather blank. It mentioned...meeting princesses or something. So, it pulled me inside. At first, I was in this...desert sort of area. Obviously not here. I had met this...cat woman. We talked for a bit, but...I was pulled from her. By who I do not know. But then I ended up here." He shrugged. "Probably a terrible story, but...thats all I have." He began to watch her, wondering what she would do to him.

He certainly didn't smell terrible. In fact he smelled a lot better than many people in the kingdom. That alone made him interesting, but as his story was told she'd begin to find herself just a little more intrigued. He was from another world? Not only that, but he'd visited the desert! It had its fair share of cat-types. Something was sending him to women. Princesses. Rin was a princess.

She turned her head slowly, gazing around. For a few moments her focus was taken away from the man, although any movements would easily be detected thanks to her large ears. The military was approaching. She could do the rest of her questioning elsewhere. This was far more interesting than harassing a village!

Leaning in she'd carefully grip the back of the man's shirt between her teeth. Her head turned, aiming to set the man upon her back. At least her fur was incredibly soft.

"Hold on tight. We're leaving."

Eddie saw her leaning in, mouth opening up. This was it. He was to die. Her came to this new world just to die. It there was ever a moment for that portal to show up and whisk him away, it would have been now. However, upon waiting a few seconds, eyes closed. He realized... he was being lifted. ...lifted to be thrown in, no doubt. But...then he was placed on something soft. He opened his eyes, only to see he was on her back. He touched her fur...surprisingly for a seemingly malicious creature, her fur was so soft. Within a heartbeat, Eddie grabbed on to her fur, wondering where she would take him. Would she eat him far away from witnesses?

Good. He listened well. Add another tick to the 'maybe he will be useful' checklist. She could really use some servants! Or soldiers. Anything to advance her Empire! The less she had to worry about the easier it'd be to keep Rin contained. She didn't need that little brat ruining her plans.

The massive fox lowered into a crouch, preparing herself. Far down the streets a gang of militia soldiers emerged, charging in their direction with spears at the ready. Behind them were men clad in red armor, banners fixated to their backs. As they neared she pushed off, leaping right over them. The experience itself was much like one of those jump-started rollercoasters! Within moments the village grew small beneath them. The army had caught up and had surrounded the village. It seemed as though they'd been preparing to make their move up to this point, but unfortunately one of the commanders had gotten just a little too overconfident.

As they fell the forest raced towards them. They were going to land in the trees! But right now she was large and heavy enough to crash right on through the canopy of green. Sticks and leaves erupted around them, one tree crushed beneath the massive creature. After only a moment she started to race forth, weaving between the many trees.

It took a good hour but they finally found themselves outside a cave! The massive beast crouched low on their front legs, head angled to provide a platform for the Human to use.

"You may get down now."

For Eddie, that was quite a wild ride! Flying through the air for a brief moment, the landing, branches and leaves flying everywhere. Hell, he was pretty sure he was going faster than a car at one point. For a whole hour they ran. If she wanted to eat him...he doubted she would go this far. She could eat him quick. She was big enough, so she only needed a little distance. A 5-minute jog after the landing was good enough. So, what was her plan then?

Slowly, trying to gain some energy back from thrashing around on that ride, he slowly made his way on her head, and down her snout. He slid off, landing on the ground with ease. He looked out at the cave, and back at the fox.

"Is this your home, Fox? ...Sorry, I'm sure there's something else I can call you besides Fox. Or Great Fox, or White Fox..."

Once the Human slipped off her snout Ren felt comfortable enough to revert back to her normal form. A great explosion of thick white smoke erupted from the creature's entire body, completely obscuring the woods within a hundred meters. By the time it cleared away the fox sorceress had reverted to her normal form.

A woman with white fox ears stood where the massive creature once did. White hair loosely fell to her rear. She stood around five feet tall, ears included, and wore an elaborate white and red kimono. Like the creature seen before she had red markings around her eyes, a flaming spiral mark upon her forehead, red eyes, and sharp pointy teeth. There were also nine large fluffy fox tails extending out from above her rump, swaying softly through the air, drifting as though they were underwater. Arms stretched out overhead, exposing more of the woman's pale arms.

"That feels good" she commented, turning towards the cave. A single hand waved for the Human to follow as she made her way in. "Better stick close. It gets pretty dark. And you may call me Ren."

Eddie was a bit starstruck. He knew f this creature from stories in his world. The nine-tailed fox, a myth from Japan. He must have not noticed the tails before... An attractive woman who could turn into a gigantic fox. It only made sense that a myth would be here...he was in a book afterall. He began to wonder... what other story related things could be found here...

"Ren..." He repeated following after her. "In my world, Ren...they tell of stories of a woman who could turn into a nine-tailed fox."

A brow was arched. So her kind were well-known in his world? That was rather strange, wasn't it? One tail stretched out further than it had any right to, wrapping around one of the man's wrists. She used it to guide him behind herself while she moved through the pitch black cave. Of course she could see just fine and, even if she couldn't, she'd already memorized the interior.

"So you know of my power then? Good. But you are wrong about one thing: I am not a woman who may turn into a fox. I am a fox through and through. Although I suppose I'd also be a higher form of such a creature. The final form."

As they ventured deeper and deeper Eddie would feel the place warming. And then a faint light could be seen. It grew brighter and brighter as they continued. Rounding a corner lead to a massive open chamber. Candles gently floated within the air, bathing the chamber in light. Multiple rooms were partitioned off with large wood and rice-paper sliding walls. The ground was even covered by traditional wooden planks and tatami floors. It was as if someone took a house and crammed it right into the earth itself!

Sandals were removed at the entrance. "Mind your shoes" she started, quietly stepping into the entry room. Tea started to prepare itself as she sat near a low table, waving for the Human to take a seat.

"Now then. Do elaborate on this world of yours. Where is it in relation to our own? What is it like there?"

Right, Eddie had forgotten that. The fox in the story could transform. How many times had he seen that referenced, and yet he didn't get it right?

He was quite impressed with her abode. Hell, she even had manners too? This beast didn't seem like a beast. Eddie nodded, removing his shoes. He looked at his socks, and figured he should take them off as well, sliding them into the shoes. Eddie had taken a seat at the low table, perpendicular to her.

"I'm not sure in relation to your own. As I said, I came through a book here. For all I know, I could be in a book world. But, it could be a portal to a world millions of miles away...I dont know. I havent found anyone to tell me that yet. Or, find out who or what brought me here. My world is...well, imagine a world of just humans going about life. There's no magic in the world. No powerful fox beings. All the animals we have are just animals. They don't talk. It...probably is boring compared to your world. But, there is great technology!"

It didn't take very long for the tea to finish. Two small ceramic cups floated on over. The kettle was tipped, topping off each. Ren held out a hand, allowing her cup to move over to her while the other drifted over, settling down in front of Eddie. While she listened to him speak she sipped at the drink. It was green with a hint of mint. Nice and refreshing.

Great technology? Intriguing. Immensely useful too.

That was all it took to secure his place within the realm of the living. The cup was lowered, now emptied. One hand settled behind her, bracing her body as she leaned back.

"I would like you to further detail this technology on your free time. I am sure you understand just how powerful that knowledge is within this world. I'm going to be honest with you: I am a princess, yes, but I am a princess in hiding. My kingdom wishes to enslave me. Whatever advantage I can get would be quite helpful."

Wait. Right. She paused.

"By the name, what is it that you are called? I would also like to know just what it is you desire in this world of ours. What is your end goal here?"

Eddie began to sip his tea, as he listened to Ren, now finding out she was a princess, speak.

"My name is Eddie... Ren. Or...Princess Ren..." Eddie actually got up, and bowed to her. He returned to his seat. "It sounds like you have quite a backstory! A fox who is a princess...how interesting! Well...I guess the end goal is finding princesses. All I was asked from the story was if I wanted to find princesses from multiple lands. I assume there was some catch to it... As long as the princesses were ok with sharing one guy, I'm down for searching for numerous ones." He smiled. "I'm still trying to wrap my mind about a great fox like yourself being a princess! I definitely want you to elaborate more on it. I'll tell you what if you're down for a bargain, I'll try to detail the technology for you to aid in dealing with your kingdom...which seems odd that they would want to enslave you... If you tell me more about your story?"