Gender options?

• Community Administrator

Nope. We don't have a Gender Field. We have a "Sex" field, and if anyone would want us to change that then, I kind of have a prepared reply:

If you don't want to select either Male or Female you should have been able to select blank... If I start adding made up biological sexes to the Sex Field, then I'm going to have be kept up-to-date with any made up 'Gender' that comes out. Gender and Sex, are apparently different in this brave new world, however - and science backs me up here: I don't believe in a non-binary Sex. You are either Male, or Female. In some rare cases you might be an hermaphrodite, or born with neither genitals. But this is a birth defect that only affects a fraction, of a fraction, of a fraction, of a fraction of the population. Otherwise: There are only two Sexes.

In this case: Androgynous isn't a valid 'Sex'. Whilst the blank option should work, (And by the sounds of it, it doesn't, which the first time this has been reported to us) I will actually go and add a third option of "Not Telling", but that is as far as I will ever go. You or anyone reading this, may/may not like that answer, but I also do not care. It's not something I will ever change.

Take care and have a great day @LazarusLuna. I will go an add a "Not Telling" field in there for you. 🙂 

I apologise if I caused annoyance/misunderstanding with my suggestion. I should have made myself much clearer and offered different names in terms of something that would be "neutral" so "Not telling" would be satisfactory.

I did try to put it as the blank option but I was greeted with a message telling me it was mandatory to select one. (Perhaps it was an error?) 

One of the main reasons I put the suggestion forward is because in the last few years online I have observed members on different sites of either sex behaving in certain ways towards each other that is rather negative. (I am willing to pm you about this experience if you like?) However, I found people seeing myself and others as an unknown sex leads people to treat me as a person and not be wary/bitchy towards me and others who are also of unspecified sex. 

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. ^_^

I have somewhat seen this myself, with how people treat @Neptune, most assume that she is a male, but when they actually look at her profile, their entire behaviour changes, despite the fact that she's actually married. There was one dude who thought that Neptune, poking them (She pokes literally everyone) was some kind of sexual harassment towards his girlfriend had threatened Neptune to leave his Girl alone. To which she promptly said "You do know that I am also a female, and married... And that pokes don't mean that..." Which when he looked at her profile, and saw that, the apologies and groveling started. 😕 

It's a good job that Neppy didn't hold much of a grudge against them, and actually found the whole exchange to be humorous to say the least. 

So I understand that. I have no idea why leaving it blank didn't work - it really should have. You're the first person to report it to me as broken and for that I actually appreciate it. 🙂 I hope that "Not Telling" option is good for all.

Poking = sexual? I guess I will have to start poking my other half when I am in the mood then! 

Oh! And "Pansexual" is missing from the sexualities option. 

I am not sure if it is because I haven't tinkered with my profile since 2014 or what. So maybe that is why things are going a bit funny? 

Not a problem, thanks for reporting these bugs to me.

For future reference - if you report bugs to: https://ecchidreams.com/help/support/bug-report/ I can grant EcchiCredit bounties for them. 🙂

Edited by Temaelrin
Fixed link in post.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up