[Enter] OOC

I'm glad someone else joined already.  Being new here, I'm still getting used to all the site specific mechanics for these things.  Hopefully will get the homepage a little better looking and maybe add some more to it later on.

I'm still thinking a little bit about my characters, simply because there is so much to potentially choose from.  Probably will have at least a few and a mix of male and female.  Ideally I will have at least ready over this weekend.

• Love 1

Ahhhhh that’s true! Maybe I’ll stick with mixed set too, though maybe it’s best for you to make up a template for characters.

Ya know, just do stuff like

Character’s Original Name

Who do they transform into

Are they before transformation, during, or after it

That sorta stuff! I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it.

Hrm... okay, it’s looking good! Read both the draft sheet and those locations. It makes sense to me, for there to be several bits and pieces there. Highschool for these people going through or have gone through change, some of them have special places that only they could have access to, or the recruitment for new people for the Masquerade.

I hope I did get that part right. The masquerade is supposed to be the group of people undergoing and gone through the change of becoming someone else right? 

I suppose the masquerade would be better described as the secret itself.  The people involved include both those going through the process/already changed plus the small number of outsiders who know but have been forced/persuaded into secrecy about it.  This would include some, but not nearly everyone, in (usually high ranking) government or military positions, maybe a few in high ranking corporate positions, ultimately anyone who would either need to know for the secret to be kept or who could help keep the secret from the larger population and to help them blend in (for example altering officials records regarding those who went through the change).  The staff at that school are probably a mix of people who have gone through the change and some of these outsiders.

Now that I see it is an option, I'll probably add a poll a little tonight, including at least some of post transformations characters I was thinking of playing.  I'll make the final choice on my own but I've liked using polls like this on other sites just to see what everyone else thinks.

• Love 1

Ara Ara, I see. Well that certainly explains it a bit better. Though what do we call the people who go through the change then? If the Masquerade is the secret itself, then there seems to be three tiers.

Highest seems to be the ones in charge of the Masquerade.

Then there is the two that are split but essentially the same, the outsiders and the ones who are probably in that highschool.

Also, I have little to no idea who I should even be. There’s a lot of choices and I never was good at making my own choices at times, so sad bout that ;~;

5 hours ago, Multiversal said:

Ara Ara, I see. Well that certainly explains it a bit better. Though what do we call the people who go through the change then? If the Masquerade is the secret itself, then there seems to be three tiers.

Highest seems to be the ones in charge of the Masquerade.

Then there is the two that are split but essentially the same, the outsiders and the ones who are probably in that highschool.

Also, I have little to no idea who I should even be. There’s a lot of choices and I never was good at making my own choices at times, so sad bout that ;~;

I'll have to think a bit about the exact term for them.  Don't want to rush into a word I won't like later.

The hierarchy is a good point, and who is truly in charge somewhat depends on which characters are made.  Those who are more powerful and/or good at manipulating people would be natural choices, but I didn't have specifics in mind.  In case you are unaware, as I briefly mentioned in the description, the inspiration for this specific idea was one of the branches in the World of Darkness game system (something I admittedly only have limited knowledge, just enough to find it interesting and to make this twist on it).  In that context, the Masquerade is about groups of vampires living in modern society and the rules they follow to prevent the larger population from thinking they are anything other than myth/urban legend.  They are divided into a number of clans which have their own hierarchies but mostly work together on this aspect.

In this case I figured many of the first ones to go through it, simply realized the danger and/or tediousness that would come from them becoming public knowledge and they made an agreement to keep a low profile and only reveal themselves to a small select few who needed to know and bribe, manipulate or intimidate them in some way to keep the secret.  There may or may not be similar factions in this case, though they would be smaller in number, lacking the centuries/millennia of history those clans had.

You can take your time with the characters, naturally want to start writing eventually but there isn't a rush and I'm not sure what rate/pace my characters will come up either.  Once they do start to get finished, you can use them as inspiration or make ones independent from them.  Characters can interacted with people who originated in the same source, or unrelated crossovers.  I also haven't decided which route I want to take, a few characters who get continuous focus or go the route I did in an old game, where I had a very larger cast of characters but only played a few a time (some with longer focuses and some with shorter isolated scenes.).

• Love 1

Ahhh, I see. Characters are definitely something to think about. Though I do hafta ask this since it seems important to ask.

The hierarchy in general seems simple, but then there is this thing. Some animes, shows in general, or anything really have some overpowered characters. Or at least, characters capable of unleashing either destruction of entire cities, or some other game breaking ability that could essentially drive humanity itself extinct.

I am sure I am thinking too far ahead, but being a powerful character does mean your supposed to have the said power. I’m just wondering if there will be limitations since some of the people I am interested in being have some... very dangerous abilities.

That's part of the logic behind the whole system.  At least some of them realized they could be weaponized if the larger population became aware of them.  With small armies of them potentially at war with each other, things could get out of hand very quickly.  The powerful ones are watched more carefully, and others like them are expected to intervene if it looks like one will cause trouble.  Their power would be limited to the minimum required to put down someone in danger of revealing everything and maybe some more freedom on those isolated bases the average person has no way of visiting.

Also, if they can do this, there is a chance someone else could figure it out on their own and not be as careful about it or intentionally use it as a weapon.  The ones with power are partially allowed as a backup against future threats that others might not be suited to fight.

• Love 1

Sorry for the long wait!

Though from what I can understand, the ones who have more power are:

-Watched over more intently

-Other people of similar power deal with them if they are out of hand

-Backup for future threats others can’t handle

I don’t think I understand their limit in power though. Their power would be limited to the minimum required to put down someone in danger of revealing everything and some more freedom in isolated bases that the average person has no entry point of.

I only really understand that they have more power (maybe by not that much) if they are in their special place, but it will be more limited in the real world. I’m unsure what that limit is.

Edit: 

Also question! I reaaaaaally like this one game recently, but the character I want to be (or characters since it applies to all of them) doesn’t quite have a official personality. The best I can do is go off of what I can see from official art, or fanart of others to get a glimpse at what they could be like. So I’m wondering if I could get a sort of reason they could possibly just ‘make’ a personality due to them not having any, or do some other thing that lets them go with the transformation process.

Edited by Multiversal
Added some stuff!

8 hours ago, Commander Leafers said:

Hi, just a few questions before I get into this. Are pictures required? From what I understand, this is transformation. Do we choose the transformations? And lastly, I don't quite get this place. Could you connect the dots for me? Thank you for your time to answer these.

Don't have a lot of time left tonight, so I'm going to respond to this one right now and the previous message probably tomorrow, since that one might take more time to answer.

Pictures aren't required, add them if you want for convenience but it should be easy enough for people to find pictures of the character(s) in question on their own if there aren't any here.

You can choose the character(s) you want.  Ideally it should be a character(s) from anime/manga or video games, but besides that pick whoever you want.

As for connecting the dots, I'm not quite sure what information you are looking for, but hopefully should be able to do that once it is cleared up a little.

• Love 1

22 hours ago, SataiRolePlayingGuy said:

Don't have a lot of time left tonight, so I'm going to respond to this one right now and the previous message probably tomorrow, since that one might take more time to answer.

Pictures aren't required, add them if you want for convenience but it should be easy enough for people to find pictures of the character(s) in question on their own if there aren't any here.

You can choose the character(s) you want.  Ideally it should be a character(s) from anime/manga or video games, but besides that pick whoever you want.

As for connecting the dots, I'm not quite sure what information you are looking for, but hopefully should be able to do that once it is cleared up a little.

Thank you very much! I can work with this for sure!

On 27/04/2019 at 15:50, Multiversal said:

Sorry for the long wait!

Though from what I can understand, the ones who have more power are:

-Watched over more intently

-Other people of similar power deal with them if they are out of hand

-Backup for future threats others can’t handle

I don’t think I understand their limit in power though. Their power would be limited to the minimum required to put down someone in danger of revealing everything and some more freedom in isolated bases that the average person has no entry point of.

I only really understand that they have more power (maybe by not that much) if they are in their special place, but it will be more limited in the real world. I’m unsure what that limit is.

Edit: 

Also question! I reaaaaaally like this one game recently, but the character I want to be (or characters since it applies to all of them) doesn’t quite have a official personality. The best I can do is go off of what I can see from official art, or fanart of others to get a glimpse at what they could be like. So I’m wondering if I could get a sort of reason they could possibly just ‘make’ a personality due to them not having any, or do some other thing that lets them go with the transformation process.

Their power isn't necessarily weaker in one place over another (unless that was already part of said character's power).  A combination of others willing to enforce the rules, with probably very harsh punishments for those who attempt to break the rules carelessly and/or blatantly, and an understanding by most of them that their lives will be easier by keeping the secret tends to be enough to keep order and keep the secret.  Depending on how dark we want to go, things may get dangerous for accidental witnesses as well (possibly their memories of it get erased if someone is capable doing so, or they might be gotten rid of, or sent off somewhere they can't potentially reveal what they saw).  The rules do allow them to be much relaxed about using their power if they are in certain places though (either the isolated places only can go, or remote regions that few or no people live in).  The idea being more to give them a chance to relax and let off tension.

I can think of a few characters that fit what you are describing, especially main characters of some games.  If that is the sort of thing you mean, then the trick would be to behave how they imagine the character would.  If there is any official background/past established for the character, focusing on that and how they think the character would act is key, act how they imagine daily life might be for a such a person and live it as best they can.  The idea is to 'become' the character, to think and act like them as much as possible.  For a few there is more flexibility on what that means than others.

• Love 1

Ah, gotcha! I will go forth to make my first character then! As for the power thing, I think I understand it now. Thinking back on my character, they could be one of the people to deal with unwanted witnesses, but I’ll leave that up to ya! 

Also heyaaaaaa! Leafers! Nice to meetcha! Glad to see this place is growing a tad bit more it seems!

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2019 at 04:57, Multiversal said:

Ah, gotcha! I will go forth to make my first character then! As for the power thing, I think I understand it now. Thinking back on my character, they could be one of the people to deal with unwanted witnesses, but I’ll leave that up to ya! 

Also heyaaaaaa! Leafers! Nice to meetcha! Glad to see this place is growing a tad bit more it seems!

Got a little distracted, now I am back and thinking about a few more characters.  I don't need to know too much detail about yours yet, but was wondering if that character was going to be male or female?  Figured I might make an opposite gender partner for that character, since my first character is going to be focused on the school side of the story.

• Love 1

Ara Ara, first of all, I would like to apologize for my inactivity in this! I got caught up with other stuff, and forgot to make my first character. How ridiculous can I get?

Anyhoo, welcome backsy! The character will be Female. Though I’ll probably add another that’s Male too. Gotta be equal ya know? I may, or may not add more, but that depends! 

Edit: 

I also would like to maybe have my female character be apart of the Masquerade, specifically as the Masquerade’s Information Gatherer. Someone who simple gathers valuable information, though mainly from people. Reason why I’m asking fur this is simply Beclaws I think there should be more major staff in the Masquerade. It wouldn’t really be much if only one or so people were in it right?

Edited by Multiversal
Added a few more thingies!

12 hours ago, Multiversal said:

Ara Ara, first of all, I would like to apologize for my inactivity in this! I got caught up with other stuff, and forgot to make my first character. How ridiculous can I get?

Anyhoo, welcome backsy! The character will be Female. Though I’ll probably add another that’s Male too. Gotta be equal ya know? I may, or may not add more, but that depends! 

Edit: 

I also would like to maybe have my female character be apart of the Masquerade, specifically as the Masquerade’s Information Gatherer. Someone who simple gathers valuable information, though mainly from people. Reason why I’m asking fur this is simply Beclaws I think there should be more major staff in the Masquerade. It wouldn’t really be much if only one or so people were in it right?

I'll think a bit about a male partner for that character.  She could have a role like that, though she probably wouldn't be the only one involved in it.

While you can do whatever you want with the eventual male character, it would be nice to have someone for the school girls to interact with too.

• Love 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up