Going up?

Giselle could barely see behind the stacks of papers and art supplies she was carrying in her arms. She rushed to catch the elevator, the jogging she was doing was dangerous for several reasons: her lack of vision, the teetering pile, and the heels she was currently wearing. “Hold the elevator!” She shouted, to whoever had beat her to the door. “Please!” She added, thinking that might sweeten the deal. She gasped when she made it, only to have her items spill over once she was inside. “Oh no!” She cried, bending down immediately, her skirt riding up at the action. “Gosh, it’s gonna take forever for me to carry this up to my apartment.”

@MarshallWalker

• Like 1

"Here, allow me." Grant crouched down to help her gather her belongings, discarding his camera bag as he picked up the scattered items. He looked at her with piercing blue eyes. "I take it by all these art supplies you're a painter?" he said, offering one of the larger brushes to her, a charming smile on his lips.

@Harmony Frost

• Like 1

His piercing blue eyes made her gasp. Such a handsome man, sweet too. “Almost. I’m a preschool teacher. These are for my kids,” she explained, gathering her stuff. “Thanks for your help. And for holding the elevator. It’s been a hassle trying to carry all of these around from my car. I shudder to think about how I’ll make it to my apartment door. Especially if this falls again. My name’s Giselle by the way,” she smiled, taking the things he handed her and adding it to the pile.

@MarshallWalker

• Like 1

"A pleasure. I'm Grant." He picked up the remaining items. Canvas, a miniature easel, brushes. As he gathered them up, he took her in. She was hauntingly beautiful, with a voluptuous figure that could only be the result of taking excellent care of herself. His eyes lingered on her frame before he met hers again. "Here, I can give you a hand. What floor are you on?" He shouldered his camera bag and moved to press the keypad by the doors.

@Harmony Frost

Edited by MarshallWalker
  • Like 1

“Grant....” Giselle purred, as if tasting his name on her tongue. When he offered to help her to her apartment her eyes lit up. “Oh thank you, that’ll be great. I’m up on floor 3,” she answered, thinking it was pretty safe at Ecchi Apartments and he seemed like a nice young man. “Where do you stay? I hope I’m not making you go too far out of your way,” she added gently.

@MarshallWalker

• Like 1

"Nah. I'm on the fourth floor. I should be walking up there, anyway." Grant held the doors open and motioned for Giselle to lead the way. As she moved, Grant's eyes followed her bottom. Heart shaped, firm, supported by strong thighs and calves. He bit his lip and hummed softly as he followed.

@Harmony Frost

4th floor. It was a wonder that she hadn’t seen him before. “Haha, Yes, I’m sure I need to walk too,” she replied purposely switching her hips as she led him to her place. Giselle smirked once she reached her apartment, fumbling with her keys briefly before opening the door. “Just set the stuff on the dining room table,” she directed, doing the same. Her home was neat and tidy. Mostly white furniture, accented with pastel pinks, blues and greens. She had big, fluffy pillows on her couch and a frilly one in the shape of a flower. “This really means a lot. I’ve been so stressed out lately. I really can’t thank you enough,” she turned to him smiling.

@MarshallWalker 

• Like 1

Grant eyed her apartment with the same admiration he had for her curves. "It's no trouble at all, Giselle," he replied, finally meeting her eyes. Her smile make him tingle a little. A blush crept into his cheeks. "If you ever want to talk about what's stressing you out, I'd be happy to meet you for a drink sometime. I don't have a lot of friends in the area so I could use the company." His eyes had a hint of mischief behind them but he was otherwise courtly and sweet.

@Harmony Frost

• Love 1

“Drinks?” She echoes, sizing him up. He looked sweet, docile even like those boring men her friends set her up with. But then she noticed it, that glint of mischief. Giselle grinned, “Okay, that sounds like fun. I honestly could use the company too. Are you busy tonight?” She asked, wondering if she was being too forward. But then again she could use her gratefulness for his help as an excuse. “I could be persuaded to come out after I finish my lesson plans.”

@MarshallWalker

• Like 1

“8 o’clock sounds perfect. Gives me enough time to get ready. Thanks again Grant,” she smirked walking him to the door. She had a good feeling about him and if he met up to her expectations, they could have a lot of fun. Later. She was more than ready for some relief. It’s been years actually. After her horrible relationship her freshman year, she swore off me. Temporarily at least. But if nothing happened, she wouldn’t mind getting to know her neighbors.

The hours seemed to fly by. She truly didn’t know what exactly she was anticipating. But as Giselle pulled on her tight, red dress, she knew she was at least dressed up for a good time. She wanted to look tempting and if he took the bait, all the better. Giselle slipped on her heels, “He better not be boring,” she murmured, checking herself in the mirror. 

@MarshallWalker

• Love 1

By 7:57, Grant was already in front of Giselle's door. He left the three buttons of his black dress shirt undone. He sported a dark great suit that hung off his slim figure. He hoped that his cologne wasn't too strong. He took a deep breath. "Nothing to it," he whispered to himself. He knocked twice.

@Harmony Frost

• Love 1

At the knock she grinned, a small thrill shooting through her body. She opened the door and licked her lips, drinking in his appearance. “You clean up nice,” Giselle smirked, catching a whiff of his cologne. God, he smelled good. “You’re on time too. I like that. Well I’m ready. First round’s on you,” she giggled, grabbing her bag and heading out the door. “So do you always have drinks with strangers or am I special?” She asked, half-kidding. 

@MarshallWalker

• Love 1

Grant's heart caught in his throat as he saw her. He was stunned by her beauty, and her attire. His eyes went from neckline to stockings and back again. He regained his composure. "Oh, you are quite special, I can tell already." His cheeks flushed as she walked past him. He was already getting excited. "You look simply divine." He almost didn't want to take her out and instead just bring her back to his apartment.

@Harmony Frost

Edited by MarshallWalker
  • Love 1

Divine? Mmm....well he certainly knew how to flatter a woman. That was different from what most men would say. “Thanks Grant,” making up her mind and linking her arm through his. She may have been nervous earlier about going for drinks with a stranger, but Grant was a nice guy. She could tell. And she had mace in her purse. “So tell me what you do? I want to get the small talk out of the way,” Giselle remarked. “I thought I saw a camera bag with you earlier?”

@MarshallWalker

• Like 1

Oddly, passing her arm through his reduced his nerves. She clearly had decided she was comfortable around him. That made me smile despite himself. "Disaffected photographer. I'm hoping to become a journalist but finding work that pays and is for anything other than fringe, partisan publications is difficult. I'm faced with that classic dilemma of every job needing experience but needing a job to get said experience. But I'm not giving up on that dream. Sooner or later, as long as I keep trying, something will come up." He looked at her as they reached the elevator. "What is it you do?"

@Harmony Frost

Edited by MarshallWalker
  • Like 1

As Giselle  listened to him speak she realized they were both in need of a few drinks. Suddenly her issues didn’t seem as bad. “Yes, don’t give up. I can tell this means a lot to you. Eventually your hard work will pay off. It has too.” When he asked what she did she grinned thinking she already told him. “I’m a preschool teacher remember? I’m afraid my stress is a lot less serious. Or maybe, it’s just different. I’m trying to get my students engaged. Most of them are glued to electronics. They’re practically babies but so many of them are being raised by tv....” she sighed. “Or am I stressing over nothing?”

@MarshallWalker

Something about her candour made Grant relax, as though her talk of the difficulties faced in her profession is more in her wheelhouse. "I don't think it's less serious. I'd actually say that your occupational challenges are on a larger scale than the personal ones I face in my profession." Grant pondered a moment as they entered the elevator. "One difficulty is that we often don't need to be bored. If something isn't entertaining us, we can jump to the next thing. Is that show on Netflix not doing it for you? Jump onto YouTube. Is that book you're reading getting dull? Play a video game. Kids are growing up in that reality. When I was younger, that was less common."

Grant chuckles to himself "Look at me. Giving some 'back in my day' speech." He shrugged at her with an amused grin. "Either way, it's commendable you're trying to engage with them. I admire that."

@Harmony Frost

• Love 1

Okay, he was smooth. Smart too. Giselle, but her lip, feeling her attraction towards Grant deepen. She gave a hum of mirth at his pointing out the “back in my day” speech. The fact that he was taking things seriously was a nice change. Guys in the past have tried to write off her work. Apparently forming young minds was meaningless and they often referred to them as snotty brats. The elevator reached the bottom floor and Giselle stayed attached to her date as they walked through the lobby. “Thanks. I think you’re right about this being a new generation. I’m going to keep trying to engage them. So speaking of ages, how old are you Mr. Photographer? I’m 25. I can’t imagine you being much older. And if so you damn good,” Gigi grinned.

@MarshallWalker

Edited by Harmony Frost

"I'm 27. I was originally planning to go to law school but became disenchanted with that line of work and decided instead to do a second bachelor's degree in journalism, for all the good it did me." He gave a mirthless laugh. "I'm still in ruinous debt which I may pay off in my lifetime." Grant looked curiously at Giselle. "And yourself?"

@Harmony Frost

• Like 1

Chuckling, Giselle replied. “I’ve got debt too, but I’m actually in a program that pays off college tuition for teachers who work in the inner city. But without that I’d be deep in it too,” She admitted. They reached the car and she got in. “So a lawyer huh? I honestly can’t see you doing that, but then again I don’t know you that well. I’ve always wanted to teach. And I love my kids.”

@MarshallWalker

• Like 1

Grant couldn't help but envy her but the passion with which she spoke for her work was a welcome distraction and something that made her seem more remarkable to him.

"Yes, it's not something I can see either. It seemed like the natural progression for someone with a political science degree but I realized that as much as lawyers can be a force for good, there's always one on the other side of every just cause who's obviously not on the side of right." Grant paused a moment and thought to himself. "Although, that may be a simplistic way of looking at the profession. I don't know. Journalism suits me better. It's all about people, research, and facts... In theory anyway."

They arrived at a place that was just barely better than a dive bar. "Not the nicest place, mind you. But the drinks are cheap and the place is clean. Mostly." He chuckled to himself.

@Harmony Frost

• Haha 1

As she listened to Grant y’all abo his decision to not be a lawyer she smiled. This showed a lot about his character and morals. What started out as simple small talk transformed into something a lot deeper. “It’s not simplistic, it’s noble. Most people would be in it for the money. You want to change the world,” she observed, impressed. “Journalists can do that too. They get people to see what their head often tries to deny.” She might have said more but they reached their destination.

Giselle tried not to show her dislike of the bar he invited her to. It was a little better than a dive, but still.....not the classiest joint. Or the cleanest. She felt a bit out of place but she didn’t want to seem like a stuck up sort. “No, um this is fine. Remember the first round is on you.” Gigi offered him an encouraging smile, but she became wary again. Maybe after a drink or two she’d loosen up again. But the venue was....off putting. 

@MarshallWalker

• Sad 1

Grant picked up on her discomfort and frowned. On the one hand, he didn't want to bring her to a place that made her feel off but he also did not want to seem indecisive. He grimaced momentarily but steeled her resolve. He'd gotten this far on his wit and intelligence. He was hoping he could keep that up.

The inside was dimly lit but cozy. He brought her to an artificial fireplace with two old fashioned cushioned chairs that would have looked right at home in some posh library. Despite the aesthetic, there was something inviting about the place. Old fashioned as it were.

"So, what are you drinking?" He offered a warm smile.

@Harmony Frost

• Like 1

Giselle looked around, deciding to give this place a chance. It was cozy. And she supposed she didn’t mind the old fashioned vibe. If Grant liked it, it must have some charm. “A perfect 10,” she answered, his smile warming her up. “And you?” She crossed her legs, revealing the garter that held up her stockings, as she reclined in her chair. 

@MarshallWalker

• Thanks 1