Thick as Thieves

The weather had been far too much for the fox, sit was too warm at the moment, so she made her tails disappear, they'd just make her feel suffocated, only her ears remained. A deep sigh came out of her as she dragged a tied up bag beside her, making a trail as she went. It had been quite a bit of work, and the bag that she had didn't ease her exhaustion. She should have gone ahead and gotten something to eat before like she initially thought before taking the job. Maybe a little later. Yellow eyes glanced around, searching. Ears raised up seeing the back of a familiar person, a grin stretching on her lips. Kyu cut through the sand, her feet making indents before she decided to float up to him, the full bag that she carried not weighing her down at that moment. "TAKE-SHII" in the middle of calling his name, the fox jumped on top of the other's back, one of her arms wrapping around him. "I finally found you!" she exclaims as the bag made a large rustling sound at her side, it only settled down when she stopped moving so much, her head leaning against his.

• Love 1

Takeshi was scratching his chin, pondering what to do for lunch, but had been distracted by another impromptu candidate for his pick-pocketing. The day had proven fruitful for himself. Three different pockets had proven quite lucrative and now Takeshi had with him three very decent pouches of gold coins. He would treat himself later, but of course he would share what he could with the other street kids he shared living spaces with. He had just started to step forward when he suddenly had his ear drums burst. "Ah!" Takeshi shouted before blinking the shock away, surprised by the sudden ambush. Doing his best to gain his bearings again, Takeshi noticed before anything else, a very soft pair of breasts pressed against his back. His tanned face broke out in a blush when he realized who it was, which was fairly normal for this sort of interaction. Especially with Kyu's head leaning against his.

"Aye, Kyu! I was scoutin'!" Takeshi pouted with pursed lips. He reached up, one hand taking a hold of Kyu's arm while the other went up to pet her head. But he was quick to change his tone, going from pouting to warm. "Haven't seen ya in a minute. I take it the job was good? Or did you just miss me that much?"

Edited by Matty

The fox gave a laugh as the other began to steady himself, shifting from the weight. Her finger poked at his cheek, seeing his face go a faint red "Hm? You're enjoying it as always" Kyu laughs "I'm glad you haven't forgotten the feeling of my chest" she chuckles as she lowered to the ground, moving around to his front. He had such a cute pouting face! One that she enjoyed seeing so much. "Mm, you can scout later! We can do it together! Only later though!" she grins feeling his hand go up to her head, her ears flattening in an accepting response, satisfaction leaking from her. Working was all worth it for something like this. Distance really did make the heart grow fonder. If her tails had been out they would be waving furiously. She had gone out running errands, her skills being used to give and take information for a chain of people. "It's both!" Kyu says. "Ah, but I do think I out of the two, missing you weighs more" she laughs as she unties the bag from her side, presenting it to him. "Here. It was a pretty successful job, so we can enjoy it a little bit! Plus, I took a little bit of this and that from some nobles that needed me!" It had only been little pieces of jewelry and coins, things that wouldn't have been missed, that is if they noticed it was taken in the first place.

• Love 1

How was a human supposed to resist the charm of a kistune? It seemed impossible to Takeshi, but he still tried to do his best, even though he rarely succeeded. Kyu's teasing definitely didn't help him though, instead furthering what was already a pouting pink face. If Takeshi didn't know any better, he'd have missed his racing heart beat, but that was hard to ignore when it felt like it was about to leap into this throat. The young man definitely missed Kyu's company on a daily basis, often finding himself wishing that he had her company when he was out scouting. If Takeshi had ears like Kyu, they would have perked up at the mention of going scouting again. But Takeshi cleared his throat with an awkward cough, doing his best to clear the air of Kyu's teasing comments and his throat of the emotions welling up inside it. She still wasn't helping though. . .although her new gifts definitely helped switch the subjects.

"Oh for the love of-. ." Takeshi quickly pushed the bag back to Kyu, worried that anyone from the passing crowd might notice. "You couldn't use some of your crazy fox magic to hide that stuff?" The weight of it all did cause him to pause though, money signs practically popping into his eyes. "Geez! That's-. . ." Takeshi looked around, checking if anyone was looking, and then pulled Kyu over into the shade an alleys entrance. He crouched down, bringing himself eye-level with the bag on Kyu's hips (which he always enjoyed getting close to when he could), and poked the bag with a finger. "Holy crap Kyu! You gotta take me with' on one of those jobs sometime."

Takeshi had pressed her before on the matter, but Kyu had declined for reasons he refused to agree with. Sure, the time apart made their time together that much sweeter, but he'd give up one of those gold coin pouches to go out on an adventure with her. But that's not to say the large bag filled royal goods didn't encouraged that desire. He looked up at her, still poking the bag.

"You better just show me what's inside though, or else I might run off with it," Takeshi chuckled, amusing himself.

Edited by Matty

"Eh?" she blinks as Takeshi pushed the bag toward her. "Is this not more surprising? Besides, there's just too much stuff, if I tried to disguise it, it'd just tire me out" Kyu shakes her head. She had only used her magic when she was taking the jewelry, it was always just one or two pieces at a time if she had gotten connected to stealing jewelry after leaving it would have ruined her clientele after all. "I'll just curse anyone who tries to take it. Besides, it's not like I opened it" her cheeks puff up in a pout. One of her ears raised when she was taken into the alley. Her eyebrows raised when he crouched down. "Come now, people will think we're doing something naughty. I would much rather for us to wait till we're alone" Kyu teases holding in a laugh. She gave a pause as he began poking the bag, there was only a bit of giving as coins were pushed around. He always asked one way or another about going with her, but him coming into harm's way... Her ears folded at the thought. But... all at the same time she wished to take him with her one day too. She'd have to be careful about what kind of job that would be though. "Mm," she nods. "Maybe one day, I will! Maybe on a less risky job, someday."

Takeshi's words made her ears perk up in surprise. "Ah! If you run away with it before I get a chance to show you, I'll get mad and won't let you pet me later!" she exclaims as she crouched down, in a pout, huddling close to Takeshi just to be extra careful. She only opened the bag as much as she had to reveal piled up gold and silver coins, every now and again there was a bracelet or a necklace studded with jewels. She had just gotten lucky, very lucky, with this job of hers.  

• Love 1

"Heh? The kitsune isn't into exhibitionism? Now that's a surprise," Takeshi quipped back. "Pft, in private, you wish." He was totally self projecting.

Takeshi noticed how Kyu's body language sunk ever so slightly at the mention of him coming with her one day, especially with those ears of hers. His empathy would have saddened him a bit if Kyu didn't look so cute like that. Still, he noticed, and was relieved to hear Kyu actually consider it. Even if it was just in the moment. Takeshi went to open his mouth, to give another quip about how he was totally smart and could handle himself, (albeit that he was not much of a fighter beyond his hands). But not wanting to see those ears go down any further, he restrained himself. Instead, he took to his joke, which got the reaction he was hoping for.

"Aawh, Kyuu, you're too mean,"  Takeshi replied, feigning hurt with a dramatic hand over his heart. He definitely enjoyed watching her crouch like that, especially with a pout as cute like hers, but she quickly drew his attention away with her winnings. Takeshi looked into the bag, his eyes gradually getting wider the longer he looked into it. For a rare moment, he was speechless.

Takeshi leaned in, closing their distances and whispered, "Kyu, when do you have to turn this in? Are ya sure they. . .wouldn't miss anything from this?" Takeshi pointed into the bag with a sheepish grin. It was hard to tell if he was joking or not and Takeshi wasn't too sure of that himself either.

Edited by Matty
  • Love 1

"Since when have those two things been connected," she huffs. "Wouldn't you much rather do such things without having to worry about being interrupted? It not like everyone should be able to see such a thing. It devalues the act don't you think?" she shrugs.

"Mm, geez!" Kyu shakes her head at the other fooling around. "Huuh? I'm mean? You're meaner!" she exclaims as she places her hand on her cheek before covering her mouth, holding in a soft giggle, her fingers looping through her hair. "Heehee" a satisfied grin went to her face seeing the reaction she had gotten from her hard work. It was a face she'd make sure to burn into her brain.

She didn't mind him getting so close to her at all, but she wanted to ease his worry, she could just tease him a little later. "Hm... I guess it is easiest to sell the jewelry little bits at a time" Kyu raises her eyebrows, her fingers going to her chin as she thought about it for a few seconds. It would be suspicious turning it all in at once after all. "Why would such rich people miss something like this? Besides, it's not like they would pin it on me" A confident grin spread across her face. No, it was downright arrogance. "I was extremely, extremely careful" she whispers. Kyu tied up the bag, securing it back to her waist before standing back up. "This is enough for everyone to be a little bit comfortable, right?" she laughs as she leans against the wall. "Let's have a banquet!" she exclaims her hands shaking in excitement, "I want lots of meat!"

• Love 1

Takeshi looked up at the fox as she stood and let out an audible 'woof' to himself. That view. Goodness. He had totally missed what she was saying. But after getting his fill he stood up with Kyu and leaned a shoulder against the alley wall. Her partner in crime listened intently, enjoying Kyu's excitement with a wide grin. He nodded at Kyu's assessment, agreeing that it would best to sill it incrementally and added, "And at different shops too." Takeshi titled his head though, bringing a finger up to his pursed lips as he thought for a moment.

"Did you check that stuff for any family crests?" Takeshi inquired. What Takeshi lacked in physicality he made up with brain. Together the two were diabolically clever and rarely forgot to watch out for the other. At this point it was muscle memory for Takeshi. To a degree, he felt indebted to Kyu, although he never admitted it. If it wasn't for her peculiar interest in him he and the others were be in a tough spot. Actually, Takeshi reasoned, a greet deal of the streets in this Kingdom were indebted to her. If he admitted that though it'd probably get to Kyu's head and the last thing he wanted was for her grins to get any more arrogant than they already were. If anything, Takeshi grounded Kyu to a degree while she lifted him up to loftier ideas. It was a good balance. "We should probably double check later, just to be safe." All it would take was someone looking to make some extra coin by turning either of the two in for the theft. It could never hurt to be a little more careful anyways.

"Meat! Yes! Now we're talkin'!" Takeshi shoved himself off the wall and clapped his hands together, his eyes lighting up with excitement. "Oh, but a lowkey banquet, yeah?" Takeshi suggested,  quickly curbing his excitement. "Gods know there's always party-crashers lurkin' around."

Edited by Matty

"Ah! You're right!" she claps her hands. It was that intellect. That intellect that she so very admired; an aspect she was so very attracted to. She enjoyed his thinking look, she would wrap him in hugs if she didn't have any self-control.

"O-Of course!" Kyu nods vigorously, but her ears were up straight completely stiff. Although she was unsure with some of the pieces, after all, any kind of incriminating markings would make the jewelry useless to them. There was a small time where for many things that she took, she could only give a surface inspection in a matter of a few seconds, at least in the worst case scenario. But, she would not dare voice that doubt in the back of her mind. "Yes!" Kyu grins. Even if it was something boring like looking over goods, she was just glad to be doing it with him.

"Fiiiine..." Kyu breaths out with much reluctance, her heel making small circles in the ground. it was bright to have something small, but still... she couldn't help wanting to indulge. She didn't want any unwanted guests either. There was nothing like unsavory to put a damper on a feast. Her body clung on to him, holding his arm, pressing it into her chest. "Let's go! I'm starving!" she exclaims as she pulls him along with her. "We can buy some meat at the market!"

• Love 1

Those ears gave her away again, that and the slight hick-up in Kyu's voice. Takeshi narrowed his eyes for a second but quickly relaxed once Kyu agreed to go over it again with him. Yeah. . .she didn't check this time. Maybe she was just that excited to get back to him? The thought made Takeshi blush a little but then his face erupted into a vibrant pink as Kyu pushed herself against him. She was just too fast for him sometimes. Staying true to herself, Kyu gave Takeshi no time to react as she pulled him along. He definitely pouted, but he did this in an attempt to mask his amusement. It was more fun for him if she thought it bothered him, otherwise it would just be obnoxious and probably lose its fun charm.

"Aye, Kyu!" Takeshi gasped as she pulled him back into the streets. The sun crashed down onto the two, immediately making Takeshi wish for the shade of an alley or the market. Fortunately he wouldn't have to wait too long as she made quick work of the little trip. Kyu nimbly navigated the crowd, guiding Takeshi behind her who was doing his best to keep up. He tightened his grip on her hand out of instinct, not wanting to get separated from her if he could help it.

"Oooohh, we should get laaand shaark," Takeshi practically moaned at that the thought. "Ugh, I haven't had land shark in so long. . ." He reminisced, salivating ever so slightly at the memory.

• Love 1

She laughs seeing Takeshi's face become red. "Come on, come on~" she chuckles as she takes him along. It was so hot! The sun was unrelenting. Weaving through groups of people, the woman wanted to get the shopping done so that they could sit in a cooler area. Her ears listened, keeping track of the conversations that they would pass and assuring that her bag stayed safely strapped on her.  It would be unfortunate for the other person if they ended up having it snatched off of her after all her hard work, as much as she enjoyed helping on the streets there were still those that would take the opportunity to rob her blind or even backstab her. How unforgiving. She was well aware of consequences like that happening, so she needed to keep her ears alert.

She grinned as she felt the other squeeze her hand. When she thought about it, Takeshi was probably the only one she could a hundred percent trust. She was lucky. The thought alone was enough to make her endlessly happy. Her twitching ears stopped as she looked over to Takeshi. "Land shark?" Kyu hums in consideration, "Land shark..." she nods "You can have whatever you want!". "You can make it into a lot of stuff, right? I wouldn't mind having it salted." She slowed reaching the canopy of lines of vendors and stores. "It's something you like, right... How much should we get?" She says as she began looking around searching for the stall. 

• Love 1

Despite being caught in the moment Takeshi still remained on alert, his eyes darting from person to person as they passed through the crowd. Takeshi was certain to lock eyes with anyone that stared a little too long at the two, making sure they knew that he knew. The act of watching had become muscle memory for those eyes of his, especially after having had lived on the streets for a little over a decade. Takeshi noticed a rather tall woman, clad in black with onyx hair, and wondered for a moment why he hadn't seen her before. My oh my. . .that armor sure did look expensive though. He would have to keep an eye out for that lady in the future.

But Kyu's words made Takeshi's heart swelled when she said to get whatever he wanted. Those words quickly pulled his attention back to Kyu. He had not heard those in. . .ever, actually. An uncontrollable grin spread out from ear to ear as his eyes lit up. "Ohh~!" Takeshi swooned. "You gotta try it with this one sauce the Old Man makes. He takes the local cactus fruit and mixes it with some herbs and salt. The sauce it makes is unbelievable!" Takeshi's defined hips began to sway side to side as he continued, hands clasped together over his chest. "But the trick is to slow cook it in a pot of the sauce for a long time. The meat soaks it right up and it gets all tender instead of how it's usually tough. . .Ooohh~" His eyes shot back to the Kyu, like he had just had pulled himself from a vision of the thing, and darted straight for the Old Man's set up. "This way! I've helped 'get' medicine for his wife one time, maybe he could help us out with this banquet of yours~!" Now it was Takeshi's turn to drag Kyu along.

Edited by Matty

Cheeks puffed up seeing Takeshi's eyes weren't on her. She wanted, at the very least, most of his attention, as selfish as it was despite knowing what he was doing. A smile went to her lips as her words seemed to get her exactly what she wanted. The sauce sounded good! It made her excited. Kyu watched him in his excitement. He was completely taken in by his thoughts. She didn't mind this side of him either. "Hmm," she giggles, her fingers covering her mouth. He was so cute. Next time, if she got enough money she should pamper him some more. "Ah!" Kyu blinked in surprise when he suddenly began pulling her! Both of her hands clasped at his as she followed after him. "I hope so!" she nods.

• Love 1

After Takeshi spoke to the Old Man, a friend of Takeshi and some of the other street rats, the next half hour was spent bouncing from one vendor to the other. They went about the market, having to stop here and there to recollect on what the different kids and teenagers liked. Some preferred sweet things, others wanted something saltier, like Kyu, so there was nary a shortage of delectable foods and treats for their impromptu banquet. By the end of their little escapade the two had several large bags and jars filled with sauces, breads, meats and other ingredients to start cooking. Although Takeshi wasn't too concerned about how to gather everyone since Kyu & Takeshi were both quite popular among the street dwellers, they would need to hop right to cooking if they wanted have their food ready by the evening.

Takeshi and Kyu were lugging their goods with them, leaving the market and heading into the slums, when Takeshi titled his head against his shoulder to look at Kyu from the corner of his.

"So like. . .what do I owe ya for this?" He couldn't help but feel a bit guilty for using so much of Kyu's winnings and felt obligated to at least offer. "I get that this is a treat an all, but should be gettin' somethin' in return, ya know?"

Even if Kyu declined his offer, which Takeshi figured she would, he'd just have to think of a way to make it up to her.

Edited by Matty
  • Love 1

Kyu giggles as she follows the other from stall to stall. Even after all of the spending, there was only a bit of a dent in the bag she carried, they were satisfying full. "Hopefully, everyone enjoys it..." she says with a satisfied nod. With so many different types of food surely all of the kids would be pleased. The fox let out cheerful hums as she held up the bags, walking with light steps, the handles wrapped around her hands. She walked beside the other as they began to go into the alley and backway.

Kyu pauses for a second hearing the question, amber eyes blinking, one of her ears going down. "'Owe?'" she gave a hum as she repeated the word. "It's not like I did this to get something out of it..." she says closing her eyes. But, she knew he would probably want to pay her back anyway regardless of how she answered, so she would have to think of something. "Well, if I had to choose something I wanted..." she trails off in thought, "Hmm, if I should have something, I want..." her head tilts to the side. If she wanted anything from it would be... "A kiss" she simply replies. "That's more than enough to pay me back" she shrugs. Now that she's voiced the random request, her giddiness began to spread throughout her. She gives an affirmative nod. "A kiss from you would be more than enough, like lovers! Or more than one! Ah! I want to cuddle with you later too!" she exclaims now that she had the idea in her head it only made her eager.

• Love 1

There was a pause. A very long pause. Takeshi stopped. Stared at Kyu. Blinked. And then burst out laughing.

"AAaaahahahaha! Hoooman, ooohhahahaha!" Takeshi practically doubled over, holding his gut as his laugh almost made him drop their food. "Aaahahahahoohhh. . .oooohh man. . . .Oh man . . Oh. . .Oh! You're serious?!"

Just as fast as Takeshi was to laugh his entire body tensed up, back going straight as his face lit up like a fire cracker. He was not expecting this! Rather, of all the years that he had known Kyu, this was never something that he thought would happen. He always took her teasing as something playful. Although the young man would be remiss to deny ever wanting to steal a kiss from Kyu, the thought had always seemed like a pipe dream. Takeshi had fantasized about their first kiss together, sometimes looking out on the desert together under a the sun set as the sands were colored a sanguine red, or maybe with fire crackers during a festival. . .but this?

Despite his face being as red as the setting sun, Takeshi clapped his heels together and stuck his chin up, doing his best to appear self assured. "W-well, weren't ya the one talking about "devaluin' the act"?" Takeshi grumbled as his lips pushed out in a pout, looking up and away from Kyu. "If I did that as payment, wouldn't that devalue it, Hm?"

Takeshi shifted his gaze, looking down but still away, and nervously kicked the toes of his sandals against the ground as he mumbled, ". . .Iwantittobespecial."

There was a stretch of time of them not talking as she takes a step before stopping in front of him. It was like he was processing, but she didn't know why. She was sure that her intentions, her feelings, were pretty clear cut. Teasing with him was fun, more than fun, but as much time as she spent around him, the experiences they shared were important. "Mmm," Kyu grumbles as the other began to laugh, her ears dropping. He thought she was kidding... Her lips pressed together. "Of course I'm serious, you dummy" she mumbles her head tilting to the side. 

"Ehh... it doesn't devalue it if it's just between the two of us. That was different; getting intimate and being interrupted is annoying" she puffs out her cheeks. "I want to kiss, I want a kiss" she chants. Her ears, however, twitched hearing his soft whisper. Her lips parted for a second before she shut them. Saying things like that to any woman would make them swoon, and Kyu was no exception. She hadn't thought about the manner or timing of a kiss between the two of them. It would be meaningful either way. As much as she desired it, hearing that made her let out a breathy sigh, she wouldn't deny having a romantic kiss would be amazing too, the thought and his desire were enough to make her blush. Perhaps waiting a bit longer would be worth it. "Fine! Then, if not now then one day, I want that day to come quickly..." she in a tone of a child waiting impatiently for a gift. If she was to wait much longer she would get frustrated, more so than she had been before, it had been building slowly inside her. She would surely take a kiss from him, perhaps something even more aggressive if she was to keep waiting. "If you want to pay me back then I'll settle on a brush for my hair and tails!" she says as she begins walking once more. "We have to hurry to get started cooking!"

'AAAAAAHH'

Ever fiber of Takeshi was internally screaming like a banshee. This almost too much for him. He was not in control of this situation in the slightest! Kyu, true to her character, had caught him by surprise for the third time that day. That was almost a new record. All of her words had Takeshi on the back of proverbial the foot, practically grasping at any thought or words that could say things into has favor. Honestly, he had imagined that he would catch her off guard with a kiss, if he ever worked up the gall that is. But how was Takeshi supposed to do something like that when she was the one making the advances? He had totally lost the element of surprise here! And then there was her whining, oh it was almost too much for Takeshi to resist kissing her then and there. Takeshi dropped his bags, forgetting their importance.

Fuck it.

In one fluid motion Takeshi had stepped up to Kyu, brushed her hair to the side with one hand and placed the other on her cheek. He didn't think, he just acted, and kissed the kitsune. The other hand that had pushed her hair back circled around to her other cheek, holding Kyu's face gently in their palms now as Takeshi titled his head to the side. A heavy sigh of relief came from him as Takeshi felt a sudden release of emotion come up from him with their kiss. Takeshi's skin woke up with goose bumps but at the same time, and for the first time in a long while, he felt relaxed. At peace. Takeshi pulled Kyu in against his kiss, closing his eyes and letting himself focus on the thing he had wanted for so long.

Edited by Matty

It had happened, unexpectedly, too fast even for the vixen. "Mm," amber eyes went wide feeling his lips press against hers. Her heart fluttered. The surprise soon settled down as she felt the tension begin to die down in her shoulders, her eyes closing. Her now empty hands, the bags of food in her hands had slipped from her grasp; one of her hands found its way to his chest, the other getting placed on one of his hands that were placed upon her cheek. It was warm. Much warmer than she had imagined. Another hum came out of her as she felt the kiss get deeper as her body pressed up against him. Relishing in the sensation, holding herself back for a moment. There were still things that they needed to go, so she couldn't get too lost in the kiss. With that in mind, Kyu slowly, reluctantly pulled away from the kiss. "I didn't mean right now! Geez!" Despite her words, her cheeks red, a look of ecstasy on her face. Completely out of her control, her tails' fur swelled up, manifesting from a puff of smoke, wagging vigorously. "Thank you!~" she squeals out. "We have stuff to do, you know? We can gladly keep going later~" she coos, her tails simply couldn't stop moving. 

Edited by Shay Shade

The moment felt so long but yet oh so short. Takeshi had only just begun to lose himself to Kyu's kiss when she had pulled away, leaving him there with his eyes closed an a silly grin. With the two apart again, Takeshi fell back into himself with a content hum. A deep breath filled his lungs, doing his best to breath in what he could of atmosphere the two had just created. It was sweet, but electrifying, and it made Takeshi want more. It made him feel more alive than any petty theft could. But Kyu's words pulled his attention from that back to her. And those tails! Takeshi face was red but then grin went from goofy to sheepish. He was pleased as punch with himself for getting that kind of reaction from Kyu. He didn't know he had it in 'em! So Takeshi simply nodded in agreement, picked up his bags, and began walking back to the little shanty town that they called home. The two had only just exited the alley and turned into the small shanty town before it hit Takeshi.

"Noooo! I fucked up!" Takeshi exclaimed, shoulders slumping. "Our first kiss was supposed to be romantic! There was supposed to be fireworks, ororor a really nice sunset andand. . .Ohmaaaan!" He threw his head back into a whine, slowly dragging himself and the food along further into the shanty town. At least he could take his mind off of it with the cooking, but that was for future Takeshi. Present Takeshi was absolutely lamenting his hasty judgment.

Kyu stooped down to pick up the bags at her feet. There was a short pause as she glanced through the bags she had dropped before catching back up with him. "It doesn't look like anything is broken" she lets out a breath of relief as she checked for any leaking in the bag. Her tails were slowly wagging as they went home. "Hmm?" her eyes glanced over to Takeshi, a cloud seemingly hanging over him. But, then she heard the reason... Her ears raised up as she heard him out. "Pfft" she stopped her laughs from bubbling up if only for a few seconds before it came spilling out of her.  "AHAHAHAHA!" her eyes were starting to tear up. For whatever reason, she felt triumphant.  Her laugh began to die down into short bursts of giggles as she began to catch her breath. "We'll have more kisses later, right? We can have a more romantic kiss later, as many as you want. That one was quite nice though..." she hums, her thoughts going to the kiss once more, thinking about it.

The little shack Takeshi had put together over the years was modest. At best. It wasn't much, but he acquired a number of decorated rugs and canvases to add to cover up the lousy roof and walls. However, he had done his best to make the inside comfortable with pillows everywhere. In a corner was his bed, across from it was a small table to eat and read at as well as a cooking pot kept in another corner. . .and that was about it. His location was wonderful though, nice and snug in the crook of a broken wall, separated from most other people, if only by a few feet.

Takeshi glared at Kyu as she laughed. Unsure of how to take it, he simply pouted more an averted his gaze. Until she mentioned more kissing. Then his eyes were locked on Kyu again, darting between her eyes and her shapely lips. Still flustered, an in dire need of decompressing, Takeshi threw himself onto a pile of lavender pillows. He stared up at the tarp ceiling, eyes wide in both embarrassment and shock of the events that had just transpired. "Why don't you. . .send the word out while I start cooking? I'm sure everyone's dying to see you again." Takeshi just kept staring at the tarp, his face tingling from its red hot blush. Yes. Cooking. That would balance Takeshi out.

He hoped.

Edited by Matty
  • Haha 1

Kyu let our a deep breath as she placed the bags down inside the little hovel, any of the remaining tension she had from her travels had instantly melted away. She was home. A grin spread across her face she couldn't wait till tonight; it would be lively.

Her eyes narrowed in amusement as the other seemed to decide on not looking at her directly. She gave a mischevious laugh. He was so much like a child sometimes! It was cute! "You're still blushing" Kyu points out her hand covering her mouth. "Hnnn, alright! I'll go, I'll go" she grins placing her hands behind her back, she took the bag of money off of her waist before walking over and setting it beside Takeshi, for safe keeping. "I'll be back to help out!" she gives a wave before making her exit. It was easy enough for the woman to find most of the kids, they were all in their normal hang out spots. She was greeted with tight hugs and laughs, all from a range of people that she and Takeshi would help out. She did sometimes wonder if she would have had as much investment and closeness to everyone if it weren't for Takeshi. Well, she was certain that the relationships simply wouldn't be the same. She wondered if he was aware of that fact or not. The people that she missed, off doing this or that task, she just made sure that the ones who knew would start spreading the word that she was back and they'd be having quite a bit of food for everyone as a celebration, keeping the reason vague.  

After a half hour or so had passed, Kyu had made her way back to Takeshi, poking her head through, her keen nose was already picking up the scent of food, it wouldn't be long before the smell would spread and other people would notice too. "It smells good" she muses as she walks completely in, her hand going through her hair. "What would you like me to do?"

• Like 1

Takeshi's hands shot up to his feel his face the moment she mentioned his blush. She was right! He actually feel its warm radiate against his hands. Takeshi kept them there, covering his face, waiting for Kyu to leave before flipping himself over onto his belly. "AAAAAAAHHH", a muffled scream mixed with excitement, euphoria an absolute embarrassment seeped out from his make-shift couch. That entire day had felt so fast but yet so long, like a dream that Takeshi wasn't sure if he should or shouldn't wake up from. There was a moment of silence, save for the heavy breathing of an exasperated young man. With a huff Takeshi threw himself from the cushions an onto his feet. He gave his face a few good smacks, threw his hair back out of his face, and dove to work. 

Over the half hour the little hole in the wall slowly came to life. The clinkity-clank of pots and dishes collected over the years mixed into the air with a soft hum Takeshi had known since he was a kid. He wasn't sure where he knew it from. Maybe he thought of it himself an it had just stuck? Regardless, something about the tune comforted him and came instinctively. First, the meat was put int the pot with a mix of herbs, vegetables and cactus fruit before being put over a fire. The fire was easy, since Takeshi had a number of little survival tools he kept lying around, just in case he ever needed to make a quick escape into the desert. The little stove that he used, on the other hand, was of his own making, put together from pieces of iron and scrap. With the meat slowly cooking and soaking up the the different flavors of the ingredients, Takeshi moved on to start preparing other foods. He skewered some sweet rolls to keep over the pot, to let them get soft and warm from the steam of the boiling pot. Sauce was made inside a molcajete an its matching temolote, some splashed into the boiling pot while the rest was left for the others to add to whatever foods they wanted. Fruits for those who liked something sweeter were cut up and put together at random in different bowls and, in between the different condiments, Takeshi would make his way over to the pot to stir the meat around to keep it from sticking. By the time Kyu had returned, Takeshi had already cut up a number of vegetables and put together a plethora of sandwiches to hold everyone over until the main course was prepared. When Kyu walked through the door, Takeshi was shirtless to cope with the heat of the fire, his top wrapped around his waist and with most of his hair pulled back into a high pony tail.

"Me, for starters," Takeshi replied instinctively. "But if people are on their way there's a few things." He finally said, looking up from his work with a warm smile. Takeshi directed Kyu to his bowls and dishes, asking her to fill them out with whatever looked like it would go well together. He let her know that the shark meat would take a little longer to cook until it was just right, but that there was plenty to hold everyone over until it was. Takeshi also suggested maybe getting some music and pointed to a cup of dice with cards next to them just in case anyone didn't bring their own games to play.

For some reason, Takeshi was a bit of natural when it came to hosting. Who knew!

Her ears twitched at the reply, her lips were licked. "We hardly have any time for something like that" she hums her tails slowly swaying behind her giving a mischevious grin. "I'd much rather wait till later," she says clasping her hands to her cheeks. "Watching you now is all too tempting. Ah, you'd make a nice husband. Ah! An amazing one" she coos, her voice like honey. Her tails disappeared as she got closer, she'd rather not feel any warmer or manage to burn her tails or have them accidentally bump something, to Takeshi listening to what he wanted her to do. She gave a nod of acknowledgment. "Alright!" she says as she wraps her arms around to his stomach, pressing her chest firm against his bare back, her chin rest on his shoulder. It was quite warm, almost uncomfortably so. Watching him work though... it was enough to make her giddy. It all only fed her wanting. Her hand raised up to wipe the sweat from his brow. He smelled nice... it was quite the masculine scent. Aw, she wanted him to herself now. "Hm, it's awfully hot, perhaps I should take off my shirt too," she says in his ear, her lips then met his cheek. A second after she said that, Kyu let go of him, taking a step back, and moving over to the plates and bowls arranging sandwiches, vegetables, and fruit to look presentable, spreading them out.  

• Love 1