Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Neptune

A sadistic smile twisted on Hunter’s lips as he watched the figure in front of him as they seemed to twist on the spot as if lost. To most people, the figure would be barely visible within the dim lighting of the abandoned warehouse as shadows seemed to cling to every surface, unyielding to the meagre light of the mid-afternoon Chicago sun that attempted to peer in through the murky windows. He tilted his head as he continued to observe the man. To Hunter, the man looked pretentious in a rather flashy looking blue and white costume that looked to be something one of those figure skaters would wear. It was skin tight, allowing Hunter to see the curves of their body. He had pale skin that almost seemed to glow, made even more noticeable by his pitch black hair. He had the haughty expression that Hunter had seen on many heroes before. The kind of expression that made him laugh. He watched from the shadows as the hero brought his hand up, a shard of ice appearing in his grip.

The man threw the shard, and Hunter watched the projectile as it sailed through the air, before impacting the wall of the warehouse, penetrating deep. It was also nowhere near him. Hunter let out a derisive snort before saying in an almost singsong voice, “Missed me~” He then laughed as the hero quickly turned towards him and threw yet another projectile. But he was too slow. Hunter was in his element, hidden within the shadows of the warehouse which were numerous and all he had to do was move along the shadows, quicker than the hero could run. He shifted until he was standing behind the man, who was completely unaware of the danger that lurked so closeby. He was a fool to have followed Hunter into the warehouse. When he had first confronted Hunter, he had claimed that he was going to bring Hunter to justice, to cash in the bounty that was on his head.

And yet the fool knew nothing about the prey he hunted. If this was the standard for heroes, then Hunter was sorely disappointed. This hero wasn’t as entertaining as he had been hoping. In fact he was rather boring, only able to fire these pathetic little ice shards that did no damage to him while he was in the shadows. At this point, Hunter was merely playing with the man. As silent as smoke, he emerged from the shadows before taping the man on the shoulder. Even as the man jumped in surprise, Hunter melded into the shadows, watching as the hero turned around and threw another ice shard that seemed to land where Hunter was however it wasn’t able to do any damage.

He laughed again, “You’re so God-damn pathetic. Are you, like… retarded, or something? I thought you were here to cash in my bounty.” Hunter laughed again, mocking the man as he quickly moved away so that he was behind the man again. He emerged from the shadows, bending over as he picked up a piece of wood which he then threw at the hero before shrouding himself in the shadows once again. The wood hit the hero on the head causing him to turn around and shout, “Come on out, you coward!”

Hunter couldn’t resist but to roll his eyes, or rather the equivalent of. This hero was beginning to really bore him. He made a tutting sound before he said, “You’re very pathetic, you know. You say that you’re here to collect on the bounty that’s on my head, and you can’t even hit me with the most basic of attacks. You couldn’t fight your way out of a paper bag.” 

“Shut up.” The hero snarled, “I don’t have to listen to this.”

Hunter emerged from the shadows in front of him, his upper lip curled in a snarl of disgust as he tilted his head a little, looking down his nose at the hero, “You know nothing about me. You just saw the dollar signs on my name, and felt the chance to give yourself a feel good wank like all you heroes do. You take down anyone that disagrees with you, and then stand around congratulating yourselves in one massive circle jerk. You’re just a bunch of liars that think of nothing but looking and feeling good. You don’t actually care about helping people and you don’t care about the people that you kill with your incompetence. You’re a bunch of hypocrites.” As Hunter watched, he saw the hero’s face twist in anger before the man threw another shard at him. 

A tutting sound escaped Hunter as he once again blended into the shadows, causing him to completely evade the attack despite the fact that the shard struck with pinpoint accuracy. In a rather mocking tone, he said, “Let me tell you something, hero. When someone does the same thing over, and over again and expects a different result… that is the definition of insanity. That perfectly describes you… and the rest of your do-nothing organisation.” 

“I’ll make you pay for that!” The hero growled before running towards where Hunter’s voice had come from. Hunter sighed a little before he moved behind the hero in a flash before he emerged from the shadows. The whites of his eyes had turned a solid black as his own shadow moved across the floor like a sinister snake. As it wrapped around the ankle of the hero, the man tripped and fell to the floor face first with a might crack as his nose collided with the concrete and snapped the bone in half. The man let out a scream of agony, but he didn’t seem to notice the shadowy hand that crept up his leg and torso before wrapping around his neck. 

Hunter stepped up to the side of the hero, tilting his head a little as he looked down at the hero who twisted on his side to look up at Hunter as blood flowed freely from his nose like a river. The gangster smirked down at his victim and said in a mocking sympathetic tone, “This is the end of your career, I’m afraid.” The shadowy hand on the man's neck suddenly tightened, causing the hero to let out a choking sound. He reached up, attempting to claw at what was strangling him, but his hands met nothing but thin air. Hunter’s sadistic smirk widened as he said, “Just a few more moments, and it’s goodnight.” He squatted down, his gold and black eyes intent on the hero’s face. 

The hero seemed to realise that these were the last few moments of his life. His blue eyes went wide with panic, the eyeballs bulging from their sockets. His mouth opened and closed, making him look like a gaping fish. His body twitched before he began to writhe on the floor in a pathetic attempt to escape the cold grip of death. But there was nothing he could do, and Hunter watched with a certain glee as the man's struggles began to lessen. His face had turned pale, as his lips turned a shade of blue due to the lack of oxygen. Hunter tightened the grip of the shadow, his own jaw clenching as he watched the hero’s eyes become dim before a lifeless look settled in them as his body went still. 

Hunter watched for several long minutes before he reached forwards and pressed his fingers against the man’s neck, searching for the tale tell pulse that would indicate that he was still alive. When he could not find it, he pulled his hand away and stood up as his shadow retracted. With a blink of his eyes, the whites had turned to their normal colour. He kicked the body of the hero so that they were on their back before he spat on their corpse. This was not the first hero he had killed, and he felt no remorse for their death. After all, they had been the ones to come after him. Why should he feel bad about defending himself? Besides, he held contempt for heroes in general. He had not been lying when he called heroes liars and hypocrites. They were. All they cared about was making themselves feel good about themselves. It made him feel sick to his stomach because they dared to say that he couldn’t use his Quirk the way he did. Still, at least with the death of this latest hero, his bounty might increase which could mean more heroes will be coming after him. Which meant he could kill more of them and he quite liked that idea.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Matty
Posted (edited)

A day after settling Nilaa in, TV Head had heard somewhere on the grape vine that the bounty for an infamous "Dark Star" had been raised. What was once a one hundred thousand dollar bounty had been marked up to two hundred thousand dollar bounty, meaning it was only a matter of time until heroes started flocking to the up and coming villain. If the guy lived up to his reputation then hero after hero would result in body after body. Every extra body would raise that bounty until a hero that was worth their name actually showed up to take him down, and TV Head was not about to have that. Such potential could not be wasted! Hunter would have been difficult to track down for most but, when it came to someone as well connected as TV Head, it was no trouble at all. A few broken legs, a couple of phone calls and the villain was well on their way to intercept. Luckily, TV Head wasn't the only one and that meant he would get a show.

TV Head had followed the hero from well above the city. The hero was "Icicle". Who the hell even name's themselves that? It was no surprise that someone like him would try to take this sort of job on their own. They were the first to come after Hunter since his bounty was raised an only a day after at that. This nobody of a hero was probably as TV Head had expected, arrogant an only there to try and bring in a bounty. Big bounty meant big name and someone as unknown as Icicle was in dire need of that. He was also in dire need of some good information because it had seemed as though he had walked into this situation completely blind. That worked in Hunter's favor and so too did the environment. Icicle may not have been able to manipulate light with his quirk but he sure could have done something more creative, like break the windows or use icicles to refract and reflect light. The heroes lack of creativity annoyed TV Head to no end and when he finally met his demise, TV Head found himself not only relieved but exceedingly happy. Good riddance.

Villains were usually stand offish, especially someone that as much as of a lone wolf as Hunter. This probably meant he wouldn't be too quick to take TV Head up on an offer, not unless Hunter was a fan. TV Head hoped he was a fan. He always wanted more fans. But TV Head had done more than just enjoy the show, he was taking notes and making observations. He wanted to understand how this quirk worked and how Hunter was using it, not just teach him later but to make sure that this guy wouldn't get the drop on him if fists were to fly. TV Head was not about to make the same ignorant mistakes Icicle had made. He had bounced between sonar and infrared while watching that fight from the inside, noticing one tell-tale sign. Sonar and motion tracking would be all but useless against someone like Hunter. The time it would take for the radio waves to bounce off the environment and return to TV Head would easily be avoided. But. Whenever a shadow was being used by Hunter it seemed to take on a wholly unique quality of its own. Whereas heat would simply reflect off its environment regardless of shade, the temperature would suddenly drop in specific spots. The only problem with this is that TV Head would have to be looking in that direction to notice that change of temperature and Dark Star seemed to love his surprise attacks. This also meant that he would only be able to attack TV Head from a physical blind spot. Between TV Head's electromagnetic field, his speed and his ability to manipulate light, he could easily force Hunter into attacks that would prove unfavorable. But he'd rather avoid getting off on the wrong foot if he could. He didn't want to risk breaking anything.

An enthusiastic clap accompanied by an equally energetic laugh echoed throughout the dingy warehouse as Hunter stood up from the blue corpse. TV Head's feet made no noise as he walked in through the back door, bringing himself around a group of crates and neglected machinery to Dark Star's front. TV Head appeared to be walking but his feet were not meeting the ground. It was both a warning an a declaration. To those who were observant, the lack of noise from footfall would imply dangerous skill while the presentation would declare an intention to converse, not to fight. It was a double-sided display reserved for those who knew what to look for. TV Head stopped a few yards away from Hunter, bringing his hands together an up to the side of his head, tilting it against his clasped hands. A large smile face in white pixels popped up across the baby blue screen as TV Head began to speak.

"Great monologue! Just, really good stuff man. And so cool! You really know what you're about, I like that!" TV Head praised Dark Star, bringing his hands in tightly against the side of his square head. "And that quirk of yours, so mysterious and soooo lethal. I loved it almost as much as I loved the way you off'd that guy." TV Head said, pointing a lazy finger at the dead hero. "See, I was just watching from outside when I got to thinking, you've got the stuff to make it Big Time. To really do some damage." TV Head brought his hands back behind his head and leaned back into them, skipping any introduction. He assumed Dark Star knew who he was and it was obvious that he knew who Dark Star was, so why waste the time with the pleasantries? "You've probably heard of the Villains Syndicate? It's totally real. I've got some connections there," TV Head lied. In the event that Dark Star declined or fled, he did not want him knowing for a fact that TV Head was leading that group. The last thing he needed was a credible leak. "And we were thinking, why don't you come join us? If you do, you'd have an entire organization at your back and you could learn a few things. You've got a fucking awesome quirk dude, but you're a bit rusty, you know what I'm saying? A bit rough around the edges." TV Head brought his hands together in front of his chest and smashed one fist into an open palm. "But we're looking to polish those instincts of yours into some really nasty skills. See, we've got a school of sorts going on and we're looking to train to give guys like you their big break. If you come with me, you could be a student at the Villains Syndicate." TV Head brought his hands to his to hips, continuing. "I mean, it's just a matter of time until a hero who really knows what they're doing shows up. Could you imagine if Technomancer showed up for you? Sheesh, you'd have a rough time." TV Head leaned forward, pushing his head out over his body as he finished. "What do you say, interested in some villain school?"

Edited by Matty
  • Love 2

Neptune

Hunter visibly jumped when the sound of enthusiastic clapping filled the warehouse. He quickly turned, his body tensed as he readied himself for an attack. His eyes narrowed before they widened slightly when he saw the easily recognisable figure that strode towards him on silent feet, a fact that made Hunter uncomfortable. If it had not been for the clapping, Hunter would not have noticed him which would have left him wide open to attack. He seemed to relax slightly, however his body was still tensed as the number one villain in the country stopped just a few yards away before tilting his head as he brought his hands together beside his head before a huge pixelated smile lit up across the screen that served as his head. 

Hunter twitched his head slightly to the right as he eyed TV Head almost suspiciously, before his eyebrows rose as TV Head’s opening words were praise about how he had handled the pathetic excuse for a hero, as well as the interesting quality of his Quirk. Despite the fact that the pointed finger seemed to want to draw attention to the dead hero, Hunter didn’t take his golden eyes off of the man that stood before him. He remained silent as TV Head spoke, mentioning a Villains Syndicate. He had indeed heard about it, but they had been nothing but rumours. His eyebrow rose even further when TV Head offered him a place with this Syndicate. He shifted, putting all of his weight on his right leg as he crossed his arms against his powerful chest before he then snorted when TV Head spoke about Technomancer. The worst of the lot in his opinion.

After the last question, Hunter was silent for a few moments before he said slowly, “Okay… First off… yes, I’ve heard of this Villains Syndicate. But it’s been nothing but a rumour that crops up every now again. I would ask if you were some nutjob that had escaped some mental hospital… but I know better than that. You’re TV Head. The madlad that practically flattened LA… killed all of those self-righteous heroes.” His tone held a sliver of admiration as he spoke before he then asked to gauge how much TV Head knew about him, as Hunter was always careful to keep himself well hidden, “But why would you of all people have any remote interest in me? What could you teach me that I can’t learn by myself? Thus far, I’ve been able to handle the heroes sent after me.” He took his eyes off of TV Head for a moment, glancing behind him at the cooling corpse before he looked back at the man, “I’m not particularly impressed with what’s been sent thus far. I would welcome the challenge to fight a hero that might actually know what they’re doing. Although I don’t have much hope if this fucker is anything to go by.”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Matty
Posted (edited)

TV Head let out a rather forlorn an electronic sigh as he reminisced about the Battle of L.A. "Aaahh, L.A. Those were good days, really good days. Man I miss that. . .wooh that was fun!" It was oh so tempting for TV Head to just dash up to Dark Star when he looked away. He would have laughed his ass off to see the guy jump back in surprise but with great self control TV Head restrained himself. He wasn't too sure about Dark Star's temperament but he had taken to liking him to that of a wild wolf. Lone wolfs usually had intense instincts and were quick to react harshly to something that appeared threatening. But then again. . .maybe threatening was what Dark Star needed. He seemed to be rather sure of himself and TV Head was all about knocking people down a few pegs. Honestly, he really enjoyed doing that to people. It made him feel good.

"Ah, ever the pragmatist, as always," TV Head replied as he leaned back. "But answering a question like that is a bit of a catch-22, yeah?" The villain brought a finger up to his chin and tapped it against the brim of his head. The smiley face that was once there had shifted to a face with its eyes looking up an away with pursed lips pushed to the right of the screen. "Like, just think about what you're asking me here. If I tell you too much, I risk making you veeeery uncomfortable while revealing too much of my hand. But, if I say too little, you won't believe me and then I risk not bringing someone as promising like you back to the Syndicate. See the position I'm in now?" TV Head moved his hands in his hoodie pockets, tilted his head side to side like he was thinking before he started pacing back and forth. "Hmm, I know you're a total lone wolf. A real badass an I know you know that. I also know that if I know that then there's other heroes who probably know that too. You know how you hunt a lone-wolf, Dark Star? You hunt it with a pack. Numbers can go a long way, man. Especially when they know how their prey works and work as a team to bring it down." TV Head was speaking from experience. Before the Villains Syndicate he had operated in total isolation, separate from the underworld of villains and the black market but any thought experiment would reveal that it was just a matter of time until a group of well trained individuals would appear with the specific task to take him down. It was sort of like a raid boss, TV Head had concluded. A well outfitted team with good communication an a plan could take down even the toughest of individuals. That was why TV Head had begun making the Proving Grounds, to create teams and groups of Villains to prevent something like this. It ensured the safety and longevity of villains in the U.S..

"I also know that your parents are dead and that no one seems to give a shit. A blatant mistake on the heroes response time an it was just swept under the rug." TV Head matched his words as he pretended to kick the topic under some machinery. "Nobody ever wants to talk about what the heroes suck at. Noooo, that's what the villains are for, we're the scapegoats. 'Oooh, those mean villains, they're so cruel, if only they knew better. Maybe we can make them better! Lets have tea and talk about the ways to rehabilitate a villain.'" TV Head spun on a heel, bringing his full body to face Dark Star as his tone suddenly raised into a shout. "But never for a fucking second to they question the very circumstances that create what they call a 'villain'! Those fuckers in their ivory towers look down on the world and think that's the peoples fault for these shit stain of a society when it is society that is responsible for the shit stains of people! The fuck-! Ehm. . ." TV Head shimmied his shoulders, shifting his hands into his pockets as he cleared his throat. "Sorry 'bout that, almost got on my soap box. Whoops! Anyways, to answer your question, I like you, Dark Star. You're fucking real. Genuine. You put on a show without even trying, it's a part of who you are. Everything that has made you up until this point has given you actual resolve, a real purpose. See, people love that. I love that. An I want to put on the greatest show this world has ever scene but to do that, I need Stars, actors who blur the line between reality and showbiz. People like you? You're like something out of a fucking movie but you're fucking real. You're not fake, you're not trying to put on a show, you just are."

TV Head turned his back to Dark Star and brought his arms out from his hoodie, spreading them wide to motion to the warehouse they were standing. "Just look at this shit hole! This could be something so much more! Someone like you shouldn't fighting in a place like this. No, someone like you should be praised, honored, worshiped like the star you are." TV Head began walking away from Dark Star, bringing his hands back into his pockets as he looked around the warehouse. "I think villains should be allowed to walk the streets just like heroes do. I think villains should have fans, organizations, business, just as public and respected as the heroes. We are just as natural and inevitable as heroes are yet they reject us, afraid of what we represent, what we mean to their fragile idea of society." TV Head stopped in front of some machinery, a piece that had been noticeably neglected, more rusty than the others and rapped a knuckle against it. "They want to forget about us like Chicago forgets about buildings like this. The only problem is that this place is a fixed structure. Permanent. Just like us. See, I want to take things like this, things like you, and polish them up. I want to get rid of that rust and neglect and bring us into the lime-light. The fucking heroes hog it all and honestly, I'm fucking tired of it. See, you've got the instinct and the talent, but you lack experience, guidance, knowledge. I have all of that. The V.S., has all of that. For example, your quirk forces you to rely on blind spots. But what if the your enemy doesn't have a blind spot? What if all their blind spots are being covered by other heroes? What then? If you want to eat bigger fish, you yourself need to become bigger, badder, and unfortunately, that's not something you can do. That's what should separate us from heroes. Where they find comfort in arrogance we should find weakness. Arrogance is earned and they have not earned it, and neither have you."

Edited by Matty
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Neptune

Hunter snorted a little when TV Head pointed out that answering his question was a bit of a catch-22, because the man was rather correct. But Hunter, curious as always, wanted to know how this man knew about him, and where to find him. He never stayed in a place for too long, because he knew that heroes would track him down and be the annoyance that they were. He nodded his head when TV Head laid out that he couldn’t say too much, yet not enough or risk losing someone he thought of as promising. It did interest Hunter that TV Head would consider him, of all people, promising. But then, perhaps he was looking for the kinds of people that would not hesitate to fight back against the self-righteous heroes who practically ruled over everyone with a Quirk. Who decided what people could, and couldn’t do with their Quirk. He remained silent as TV Head continued, naming him by the name that he chose to display himself as. It was a good way for him to hide himself from heroes, because he never used his real name with his criminal activity. The name suited him. He had taken it from a fantasy story he had read once, but he couldn’t remember exactly what it was. In the story was a type of star that instead of shining with light, shone with darkness. One of the characters was named after that star, one that was quite the wolf. He felt it was a rather fitting name, considering his Quirk.

His lips thinned a little at the point that TV Head made, about the best way to hunt a lone wolf, was to hunt him in a pack. Thus far, he had only encountered solitary heroes, but he had to admit it was likely only a matter of time before they came at him as a group. At that point, he either had to fight a hopeless fight or retreat. And the thought of retreat rankled with his pride. He then stiffened a little when TV Head mentioned that his parents were dead. And from he went on to say, he knew the circumstances behind their deaths as well. His fingers dug into the skin of his arms as he listened intently with a tightened jaw. He couldn’t say that he disagreed with TV Head in the slightest, and he actually found it a mild relief to hear someone else voice his own thoughts. 

His eyebrows rose a little at what TV Head said, about how Hunter put on a show without even trying. For a moment, he wondered what that had to do with anything, but then remembered something that he heard about regarding the LA Massacre. That TV Head wanted to put on a show, between heroes and villains. When Hunter thought about it, his tragic past was a rather typical trope when it came to things like anime. He could see why TV Head might like him, especially due to his bitterness towards heroes. 

He uncrossed his arms, allowing them to fall to his side as TV Head turned and spread out his hands to bring Hunter’s attention to the worn down Warehouse. In all honesty, Hunter didn’t mind fighting in a place like this, but only because it was filled with his natural element; shadows. He could easily get a surprise attack in on most people. But the thought of being worshipped did have its appeal, especially if it involved a lot of money. As TV Head spoke about his dream of villains walking around unmolested, Hunter couldn’t help but to snort a little. Heroes would never allow for that. It was either their way, or no way. His eyes remained glued on TV Head as continued talking, telling Hunter what exactly he had to offer him. It forced Hunter to have to pause and think. He was fiercely independent, wanting to do things on his own and not rely on other people. That had only brought him disappointment in the past. 

Yet he couldn’t ignore the truth of TV Head’s words. If he wanted to go after bigger targets, he needed to become bigger himself. The experience that TV Head offered was almost like a short cut. It would help him fight off the heroes that decided to come after him for the constant killing of their precious heroes. While he doubted TV Head’s dream would ever come true, it was a worthy goal. All Hunter wanted was to bring down the self-righteous, circle jerking organisation that the heroes made up. That in on itself, might allow for TV Head’s vision to come true, providing he was even telling the truth. Despite being a rather solitary figure, Hunter was used to being in gangs where he needed to work with others. Being part of this Syndicate would not be all that different. Finally, he shrugged and said, “I think I have more of a right to be arrogant than this piece of shit hero. But whatever, I’ll come with you if this Syndicate thing of yours is real. Anything to bring down the heroes and their stinking organisation.” He shoved his own hands in his pockets, “I’m kinda sick of these low rate heroes. I want something a bit more challenging and if you can give that to me, then I’m game. It’s about time I moved on anyway. If this little fuck can find me, then so can someone else.”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Matty

"Ah! Spoken like a true villain!" TV Head exclaimed as he turned to Hunter, clapping his hands in praise. "You know when you're better than someone else, I like that. That kind of self-respect is in short supply these days, a real shame." Honestly, TV Head had not expected it to be that easy. He had assumed a fight would ensue and had taken the necessary measures to ensure that he was prepared for such an event. Hunter had given TV Head a pleasant surprise, agreeing with him instead of taking offense. It showed maturity and wisdom on Dark Star's part and TV Head appreciated that. He almost felt an inkling of respect too, which was unusual for the villain. TV Head floated his way over to Hunter, closing what had originally been several yards of distance into just a few feet. He slid his hands back into his front pockets and tilted his head to one side, his gaze focused onto Hunter now. 

"So like, do you need to grab anything before we leave? Maybe a bite to eat? I hear Chicago has pretty good pizza if that's your sort of thing." TV Head wouldn't be able to enjoy the food but he definitely could appreciate the aesthetic appeal of pizza. Something about melted cheese dripping from a slice of pizza or stretching from a person bite was kind of enjoyable to see. Maybe it was all the cartoons that he watched, he wasn't sure, but he definitely enjoyed watching other people eat. "The rooms at the Proving Grounds aren't exactly five star or anything like that but you're more than welcome to make a home out of it." TV Head nodded in affirmation of his own words and continued. "So if you want to bring anything now's the time."

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Neptune

At TV Heads praise, Hunter merely shrugged a little, “I know. But when one lives as I do, you kind of need to learn your limits if you want to live more than a few years.” He said. Being a gang member wasn’t an easy lifestyle. There was a high chance, every day, that one could lose their lives in some kind of skirmish. There was also the risk of being arrested and thrown into prison. Granted, that risk had never been too great for Hunter, as he usually hid himself away and they weren’t able to get eyes on him, let alone be able to get handcuffs on him. Despite its dangers, he enjoyed his life as it was. With only basic school education, job prospects weren’t exactly flowing in for him. He made more money with his criminal activity than he would working a proper job. His eyes focused on TV Head as the man floated closer to him so that they were within a few feet of each other. While most people might flinch at being close to the number one villain in the country, Hunter looked the man back in his eyes. Or rather, screen. While he wasn’t completely comfortable enough to let his guard down completely, he was wary. After all, the man had a reputation of being completely ruthless and cunning, but thus far he had given Hunter no reason to think that he would attack.

At the question, Hunter thinned his lips for a moment before he said, “I don’t have much, but there is some shit I would prefer to pick up like my laptop. It’s back at my apartment which isn’t that far from here. And there is a good pizza shop I know that’s on the way.” He mentally mapped out the route to the apartment from here, and knew it was not out of the way in the slightest. He was kind of hungry and he had enough money for some pizza. Now that TV Head mentioned it, he really did fancy some pizza, with a lot of meat on it. He then added, “I think if you see my apartment, I think you’ll realise I haven’t even been living in one star conditions. The place is cheap as shit, and I pay rent in cash. Shady shit, but it helps keep me untrackable.” Then, in a sign of trust, he turned away from TV Head and walked forwards the entrance of the warehouse that he had used to slip in. He didn’t want to use the main doors of the warehouse, just in case anyone had heard the fighting and there were now police waiting for them or even another hero. There was a small gap in the wall, where the wall had crumbled away. It was just enough for someone to slip through. The fact that there was some small bags littered around suggested that this place was used for the dealing of drugs. 

When he reached the gap, he paused as he peered out to ensure that the coast was clear. After a few moments, he felt satisfied and stepped through and stepped away from it before he looked up at the hot Chicago sun before looking away with a slight frown. He hated being out during the daytime. The sun always seemed too bright to his eyes, the rays too harsh. But then he was rather biased, as he much preferred the cover of darkness as it allowed him to move around at will. He looked back to see if TV Head was following him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Matty
Posted (edited)

And with that the two were as good as friends! Or. . .well. . .whatever it was that constituted a friend in the eyes of TV Head. It was pretty difficult for the guy to see anyone beyond as pawns or actors to be directed on a stage. If anything he fancied himself a rather prolific director of sorts. Of course, TV Head wasn't to concerned about fight if one were to happen, his arrogance made sure of that. So when Hunter turned his back to TV Head it was like a switch had been flipped. What was once a diplomatic and nuanced voice had turned back over to its usual lackadaisical tone and demeanor. TV Head had floated along behind Hunter, legs crossed over one another with his hands holding his head up from the back but stopped when he saw what Hunter was about to crawl through. If TV Head had eyes he would have rolled them, knowing very well that he wouldn't be able to fit his head through the crack. He could have just gone around to the doors he took but that would have required going out of his way to follow behind Hunter. Instead, he just pushed his body through the wall. It splintered, cracked and then exploded as TV Head pushed himself through the already crumbling wall. TV Head cleared his throat, dusted himself off, and then resumed floating on behind Hunter with his body relaxed in the air. "Like, I can see why you'd do that, but that's total horse shit man. The government has contract killers with better living conditions than you an yet you're relegated to that kind of life? Tch." TV Head looked up at the sun, ever ungrateful of its heat. He really didn't enjoy that heat. Well, at least it wasn't Texas. That place sucked. Chicago at least had some wind to help out with the heat, so there was that. TV Head tugged at the collar of his hoodie as he began to speak again.

"But, fuck that noise, you'll be getting a place bigger than that. The walls are made of cement and you kind of totally have to go through some tunnels to get some fresh air, but you'll have an entire boarding room to your own. So, feel free to do whatever you want with that place. Put pillows everywhere, throw up some pinups of some anime chiks with big ol' tiddies, you do you man." TV Head moved himself around to Hunter's side, his body still facing him as he continued to follow Hunter along. "Oh! It's probably already obvious, but you reaaally shouldn't be seen with me out in broad day light. Heroes tend to jump at me whenever they get the chance." TV Head moved a hand out of his pocket, gesturing as he spoke. "Don't get me wrong, it'd be nice to kick some hero teeth in with you, but I don't want them knowing that Dark Star has grouped up with TV Head just yet, ya feel me? That'd really ruin the surprise."

Edited by Matty
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Neptune

Hunter watched as TV Head brute forced his way through the wall, causing it to crumble easily as it widened, causing more of the sunlight to spill into the darkened room. Hunter wished he could hang around long enough to see the reactions of the drug dealers who came along next. The fact that the hole had somehow become wider might freak them out which, coupled with their paranoia, would have made for an amusing show. He reached up the brushed some of the dust from himself, clinging to him when TV Head had burst through. At the mans comment, Hunter shrugged again, “A lot of people live in such conditions. It’s the nature of life unfortunately. Not everyone is lucky enough to have money thrown at them… unlike heroes.” He said the last part with disdain, his lips tight with disgust. 

He then started moving, walking towards the edge of the abandoned workyard that they were in. There were a few rusting cars, and other dilapidated buildings that hid them nicely from the view of the nearby road, of which he was heading towards in a relaxed pace. He snorted a little in amusement at the suggestions that TV Head came out with. He wasn’t the kind of person to throw pillows around a room, but the thought of putting images of anime chicks with big tits all over the place did have its appeal. Who didn’t like big titted anime chicks? A slight chuckle escaped him at the thought. He just wished he had said pictures.

He turned his head towards the other man as TV Head came up beside him, pointing out that it might not be a good idea to be seen together, especially as heroes tended to jump out at him whenever possible. He was about to say that he didn’t necessarily think of that as a bad thing, but what he said next caused him to pause in thought. He sighed out through his nose before he said, “You’ve got a point there. I don’t like ruining surprises. It seems rude somehow, right?” He gave TV Head a small smirk, no more than a slight tugging at the corner of his lips, “So ya want to wait for me somewhere? My place isn’t that far from here. It should take more than…” He paused as he mentally figured it out, “... twenty minutes or so? Plus the ten or so minutes to get myself some pizza?” That was, providing TV Head even waited for him and a part of him was extremely skeptical about that. Still, he would give the man at least one chance. After all he had heard of him, he was the best chance in Hunter’s opinion, to strike back at heroes for everything that they had failed to do and thus caused people harm in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Matty

TV Head tossed his head back and gave Hunter a hearty laugh in response to his comment of ruining surprises. The lone wolf had a sense of humor? Well well well, things were actually starting to look better for TV Head! First that Karma girl, then Nilaa and now Hunter? They were all so entertaining in their own ways. It almost made TV Head want to cry with joy, or well, make a crying emoticon that is. With his box head tilted back TV Head took the opportunity to take a look at the sun, turned his head side to side as he considered his schedule. "Schedule". It wasn't like he had much planned for the day outside of Hunter. "Hmmm. . ." TV Head leaned his head back forward, facing Hunter once more. "Yeah. I've got time."

After turning away towards the hole TV Head had just created, he looked back over his shoulder for a moment to say "I'll just wait here for you. If I get lucky maybe some heroes show up for me to play with." TV Head made a pixelated winky face with its tongue sticking out before hunching himself over to enter back through the hole. TV Head reasoned that this Icicle fellow probably came here alone without telling anyone so as to keep all the glory for himself. However, TV Head wasn't too sure if this guy had any friends looking out for him. In fact, he didn't know a thing about this hero considering his lack of popularity. But, usually, people stuck around people that were close to their level so if someone did show up looking for Icicle, TV Head doubted it would be of any concern. "Make sure you don't forget anything! We don't know the next time we'll be back up here," TV Head shouted back to Hunter as he slipped in through the hole. He'd give the guy half an hour an, if Hunter didn't show, he'd just give the city a quick once-over to find the guy before heading back to Colorado. But, consdering how Hunter was talking to TV Head now, he didn't think Hunter would stand him up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Neptune

Hunter paused, looking over his shoulder as he watched TV Head move back towards the hole in the warehouse telling Hunter that he would wait here. Hunter smirked slightly, “Now that would be a nice surprise, wouldn’t it?” He chuckled a little as he watched the other man disappear back into the shadows of the warehouse to he hidden from view. After a moment, the man's voice floated through the gap, informing Hunter not to forget anything. He didn’t really need to be reminded. He had been forced to move on so many times that he knew what to take, and what to abandon. There was little risk of him leaving anything important. 

“Just watch out for any drug dealers that come along. This is a favourite spot of theirs.” He warned before he then turned and walked away from the warehouse through the run-down yard. He made his way to the gap in the fence that people usually used, checking to see if the coast was clear before he slipped through the gap and turning down the street on his way to his apartment. He glanced around him, as he usually did to make sure he wasn’t being followed by either heroes, other gang members or the police. That was one downside to the kind of life that he lived; a lot of people wanted his skin. He had been lucky to avoid them thus far, but he knew it was only a matter of time. It was one of the reasons he kept moving on, to stay one step ahead of the others. If this Syndicate of TV Heads was real, then it was the perfect place to hide. 

He passed the show window of the pizza shop and paused as he looked inside, seeing that it was relatively empty other than a couple sitting at a booth eating pizza. His stomach gurgled hungrily, and he made a split-second decision to save some time. He turned and stepped into the shop where he approached the counter where a cheery faced young blonde greeted him, “Welcome to Jimmy’s Pizza, how can I help you?”

“I’ll be swinging back in ten or so minutes. Do you think you can make and put aside a medium meat feast for me?” Hunter asked causing the girl to nod as she pressed a few buttons on the screen before her. Hunter pulled out his wallet, taking out a twenty dollar note which he handed over. She took it another of her cheery smiles before she handed back the change and gave him the receipt, “Just in case it’s not me who’s here. But it should be!” She smiled at him.

“Right.” Hunter said, not responding to the smile. He turned on his heel and walked out of the door again before he continued on his way to his apartment. When he arrived to the large run down building, he glanced up at the stains that marked the concrete. He tucked his hands into his pockets before he strode forwards and into the lobby, ignoring the crumpled form of a drunkard snoring near the door. The lobby reeked of urine and stale, washed down beer. It would have been enough to make him sick to his stomach, but he had unfortunately gotten used to the smell.

He ignored the elevator, as it was out of order as always, and made straight for the stairs. He raced up them, taking three at a time as he moved up a couple of floors. Finally, he came to his own floor and he walked along the tatty corridor, ignoring the wailing of a baby behind the paper-thin wall, the noise joined by the yapping of a small dog. He reached his door, pulling out his key and inserting it into the lock where he twisted it and pushed hard on the door to get it to open. 

He stepped forwards into a small hallway, with a broad entrance to a tiny kitchen on his left. Several of the cupboard doors were missing, and the fridge was old and rusted, with the oven not much better. Hunter closed the door behind him before moving further into the silent apartment, ignoring the small living room on his right. He went into the bedroom where a run down looking wire-frame bed was, with a sunken looking mattress. All furniture that was here when he moved in. Due to his situation, he couldn’t be too picky. Honestly, he often slept on the sofa because it was a lot more comfortable.

He opened up his wardrobe and pulled out a duffle bag which he dumped on the bed before he moved around the drawers and pulling his clothes out before stuffing them inside. He tied up his dirty clothing in a bag and stuffed it into the corner, pressing it down to ensure that there was room for the rest of his belongings which, wasn’t really that much. He had a laptop that he had managed to scrounge enough money to buy second hand, as well as his phone which would sit comfortably in his pocket. About the only item he had that he considered remotely valuable was a pair of headphones. It was a pair that he had stolen years ago, ones that were worth quite a bit but he kept for himself. He tucked them away in the bag before he went into the living room, bathroom and kitchen to make sure that he had picked everything up. When he was confident that he had everything, he zipped up the bag before picking it up and slinging it over his shoulder so that it hung from them diagonally. Before he stepped out of the door, he dropped the keys on the kitchen counter. After all, he was going to be leaving this place forever, and he felt no attachment to the flat. He stepped out of the door and closed it behind him firmly before turning and walking down the hallway towards the stairs to head back to the Warehouse. 

• Love 1

Matty

What even was TV Head supposed to do in this down time? It was twenty or so minutes until Dark Star would be returning an even then he would have to wait for him to eat before taking him back to the Proving Grounds. As TV Head wondered what to do with himself he levitated from one end of the warehouse to the other. It had surprisingly cool in there compared to the out doors, thanks to the shade and plenty of ventilation from the broken windows and dilapidated walls. The warehouse itself seemed neglected much like a great deal of Chicago was these days. Despite all the heroes in the U.S., especially the Windy City, places like this and the suburbs that surrounded them were still in dire need of renovation.

Although, TV Head knew that likely wouldn't happen. Sometimes you'd get a hero like Nimbus or Technomancer that would take some of their resources and donate it. Technomancer had been known to held up smaller towns, but he usually stuck to the South like the States of Texas, Arizona and Louisiana. Meanwhile, towns on East or West coasts as well as the North tended to go unnoticed. The heroes figured that any progress was good progress and so did some of the people as well. TV Head, on the other hand, saw this merely as a display of the neglect encouraged by so many other heroes. Despite all the wealth and power they rarely involved themselves in political or societal matters. Why were those at the top of the societal latter so low in its influence? Where they just supposed to follow along the ebb and flow of societies whim? It made no sense to TV Head.

The train of thought started to bore TV Head since it was something he had already thought about before. Dwelling on questions with obvious answers to himself wouldn't do much for entertainment. That was when TV Head noticed Icicle's blue corpse on the ground. Usually people buried the dead but TV Head a different idea. TV Head had been flying around the top of the warehouse when he broke off two rusting bars from the railing of the walkways. He brought himself down, grabbed the corpse by its ankles and carried it up to the second floor of the warehouse wall. TV Head took Icicle by his ankles in one hand and then slammed one of the bars through his feet into wall, pinning the body upside down to the wall. He took the other rail out from his arm pit, moved Icicles hands together and then slammed the last rail through the corpse's palms. This wasn't something TV Head usually did, if ever, but with the boredom pressing down onto him like that leaving a message for other people sounded fun. Now, if anyone showed up, they'd clearly understand what had happened here. For the criminals, a sign of sanctuary and retribution but for the heroes, a warning.

• Love 1

Neptune

Hunter pushed the door to the pizzaria open, before stepping into the restaurant. The same girl that had been behind the counter earlier was still there. She smiled when she saw him, picking up a pizza box, and sliding it onto the counter, “Still toasty hot.” She told him.

“Ta.” Hunter said, gripping the box and pulling it off the counter. He gave her a slight nod before he turned and left the shop and retraced his steps from earlier to take him back to the warehouse where he presumed that TV Head was still waiting for him. He opened up the box of pizza and pulled out one of the slices, ignoring the fact that it was hot enough to burn his hand. He took a bite from it, letting out a soft moan at how good it tasted. It had a good amount of meat on the top, and the spiced mince was properly spiced, not like most places that claim that it’s spiced but instead made it slightly peppery. It was insulting.

By the time he reached the yard, he had eaten four slices of the pizza, and the edge of his hunger had been sated. But as he stepped into the yard, he paused for a moment with a frown. He could feel eyes on the back of his neck which gave him a slightly unsettled feeling. As he stepped through the gap in the fence, he turned his body sideways allowing him to glance behind him without being obvious about it. He could see someone on the street corner, watching him. He frowned a little in annoyance but then grinned a little when he realised it could be someone else that he can TV Head could have fun with.

Pretending that he had not noticed anything, he slipped completely into the yard and walked further into it. He picked up his pace a little as he moved around the rusted buildings towards the warehouse. When he arrived at the hole again, he glanced behind him. At first, he couldn’t see anything but he then noticed someone trying to hide in the shadow of the building. He turned and stepped back into the warehouse and into the shadows. He looked around, at first seeing no sign of TV Head before he then looked up and saw the hero that he had killed earlier hanging upside down from the wall, where TV Head seemed to be pining him to it.

“Wow. You’ve got a talent for art.” Hunter commented with a twisted grin before he then warned, “I think we’ve got company. Someone’s following me. I don’t know whether or not it’s a hero, but he was sure being shady about it-” He was interrupted when he heard something behind him and he turned just in time to avoid a fireball that had been aimed at him. While he managed to avoid the attack, his pizza wasn’t so lucky. He watched with wide eyes as the box caught on fire as it dropped to the floor, completely ruining the pizza within. He turned to the the hero standing in the gap of the door, wearing a dark coloured coat and a hat as if to try and look incognito, “Hey! Asshole! What the actual fuck! You just ruined a perfectly good pizza!” He shouted, getting a blank stare from the hero in return as if the hero was a little taken back by the fact that it was the ruined pizza that Hunter decided to focus on, rather than the fact that he had been attacked. 

• Love 1

Matty

"Ah! So I see you're a connoisseur as well!" TV Head laughed as he turned to face Dark Star. He had just finished sticking the hero with the railing when Dark Star had arrived with his pizza and it was the pizza that caught his gaze first. He had just begun to float his way down to ask Hunter to eat a slice in front of him, hoping to watch, when a fire ball sailed through the air and torched the entire thing. It was then that TV Head felt true rage. He had been looking forward to seeing that pizza get eaten! He couldn't taste a thing but he definitely could smell in a weird way an even next to the dead body that pizza still smelled amazing! If TV Head had been of more sound mind he would have played with the hero and saved him to question before offing him. But now, now he was angry. Furious. Wrathful. "Itwasrightthere.Iwasgoingtoseeit. Icouldhaveimaginedwhatitwaslike! AllIwantedtodowasseethepizza! Seethepizza! Thepizza! Ohgod!" TV Head rambled, his words mixing together as his cradled himself forward and backwards. With the anguish and rage of a demon, TV Head let out a pained wail, grabbing at either side of his head. He slowly pulled his legs against his chest, his body straining against itself as twitched and contorted with anger. It didn't matter who that person was or why they were there, TV Head didn't care about that. All he knew was that he felt absolutely livid.

There wasn't so much thought as there was raw emotion that guided TV Head for that instant. It was just a second but it was a second of pure, unadulterated murderous intent. TV Head moved like he had moved to evade so many of the heroes back in L.A.. Back then, TV Head was able to even evade the lightning strikes from the #2 hero in the U.S., Nimbus. Now that speed was being used to bring a carbon-steeled fist to the side of that heroes skull. In an instant TV Head had left an after-image of himself dashing to the left before suddenly appearing on the heroes flank. The hero hadn't even turned to face the villain by the time TV Head's fist had made contact. His knuckle was pushed out like a jack-knife, directing a great deal of his force into 'flameo's' temple and popping his head like a water balloon. It sounded like a fire cracker going off as it exploded with a -crack- as a gust of air shot out in a cone from the impact. The machinery on the flank of the hero crumpled and bent against the sudden concussive blast. Blood splattered against the door and the walls, just barely missing Dark Star and TV Head, but just as the decapitated hero's body began to buckle at the knees blood from its exposed arteries began to spray out sporadically. It felt to its knees, cumpling to the ground and spraying the villains in a crimson arc of warm blood. Once it fell, TV Head zapped the body with a cone of laser energy, leaving behind on a scorch stain and the smell of burnt hair. TV Head stood there for a second, hunched over and seething heavily as sanguine liquids dripped from the brim of his head.

"Ehm-. SO. I know I said keep a low profile, but we're getting you a fucking pizza. Fuck this guy." TV Head said after clearing his throat. He was still a bit peeved and, at this point, TV Head was heavily considering robbing every pizza shop with a ten mile radius.

• Love 1

Neptune

Hunter’s anger melted into surprise when he saw just how anger the ruined pizza had made TV Head. He had never seen anyone get so upset over a ruined pizza before. It almost looked as if the demise of the pizza caused him physical pain. Then in a flash of the eye, there was a splattering of blood against the door, walls and ceiling. One moment, Hunter was looking at the mans head, and the next he was looking at a fountain of blood that sprayed enthusiastically from his neck. He then felt the warm spray of blood on him, soaking his clothes. He reached up, wiping some of the crimson liquid from his face so that he could see again as an expression of disgust etched itself onto his features, “Ew. Hero blood.” He muttered to himself before he looked over as TV Head again as he zapped the body, frying it out of existence. He stepped forwards so that he was standing beside TV Head, looking down at the smear that was the remains of the unknown hero.

Hunter would have preferred a body to have kicked to use as an outlet for his anger, but he settled to spitting on the smear before he turned and went over to the pizza and squatting beside it as he looked a little mournful, “Fucking fuck that guy,” He echoed before tutting, “This is just further proof as to how much heroes are self rightious assholes. There’s an unwritten law. Don’t. Fuck. With. The. Pizza.” He then stood up and turned back around, now feeling angry as well as hungry, “The pizza place I got this fucking ruined beaty is only a few minutes away. I’m sure we can… convince them to give me another one.” He then headed out through the hole in the wall, spitting on the smear one last time for good measure. A hero had not pissed him off this much in a long time. Normally, he would have been annoyed that the hero had been given a quick death as he would have loved to have toyed with him however his means of death had been so violent that he was rather satisfied in that regard.