Places in the world that you would love to see.

Travel is something that has been on my mind a lot as of late... probably because I'm going on a flight for a holiday next month. xD But in the midst of thinking about my holiday, I've also thought of travel in general, and all of the different places in the world that I would love to one day visit. It's something I've looked forward to doing maybe a bit later in life! 😁 ✈️ 🏝️

The first places for me that come to mind would be Scandinavia: Norway, Sweden, and Finland. I've spent countless hours looking around there on Google Maps and Street View and it looks like the perfect climate for me. Cold, snowy, and dark skies~. =u= 💗 A lot of the houses are really colourful and look so cool and cosy as well! I can just imagine snuggling up next to a heater in a little decorative cabin, and looking out the window at all the blankets of snow... and maybe a snowman I'd build outside too. ☃️ xP

I could waffle on about my dreams and desires of wanting to explore Scandinavia all day... but I'd rather not make this thread the length of a novel, so I'll stop. I'm sure you all get the idea by now anyways~. >w<

Other places in the world that I would love to visit include:

✿ Tasmania
✿ New Zealand
✿ Samoa, Fiji, Tonga, New Caledonia, all of those little islands scattered around the Pacific Ocean. It'd be awesome to visit those places in the Summertime. ^^
✿ Japan obviously! There's so much awesome stuff to check out and see there! (If you know what I meannnnnn~ ;333) 😂...Joking, mostly. But seriously I would ~love~ to visit Japan eventually.
✿ Iceland & Greenland
✿ Svalbard & Jan Mayen (mainly because of the same reasons I want to visit Scandinavia. It's basically Scandinavia, but on two little islands).
✿ Alaska (especially the capital city; Juneau. The mountainous terrain of that area is probably some of the most picturesque I have ever seen).
✿ U.S.A. (ESPECIALLY around the New England/Northeastern States area... or basically the areas north of Pennsylvania. I've seen heaps of photography of those areas during Fall and the scenery looks so beautiful and amazing. Suburban areas look very homely and quaint as well, I reckon I'd love it~.

And that's about it for now I'd say! 😊 

How about you? Anywhere in the world you wish you could visit and get to experience? Do the places I listed interest you as well perhaps? I'd love to hear your responses!

I'd really like to travel to "Viking trail". You start, I think its in Norway, then go to each country of significance in viking history (Iceland, Greenland, Denmark, etc.) so all of the Scandinavian landmark, then off to the UK to York, London, etc. Where the vikings settled. 

Scandinavia would definitly be on my to visit list! But most of all Danemark. Mostly from a historical interest. Visiting the Danewerk, Hedeby..

Japan of cousre as well, I mean which nerd doesn't want to go to Japan?!
Though after a smaller tour in Akihabara, I'd visit the country site, hot springs and tempels.. away from the big cities^^

Greenland as well, mainly for the combined reasons of Japan and Danemark, historicaly interested and hot springs!

Lastly Russia, to be more precise Sant Petersburg and Moskov. I heard they are beautiful cities and my parents were in the former once and had only good things to say about it (that was 30 years ago though..)

I would one to avoid the southern regions of this earth though... way to warm and way to many insects and animals that want your blood... or want to inject any venom >.<

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2019 at 3:11 PM, Asta said:

Scandinavia would definitly be on my to visit list! But most of all Danemark. Mostly from a historical interest. Visiting the Danewerk, Hedeby..

As a Dane myself, I gotta ask, why Hedeby? :3

2 minutes ago, Tollrick said:

As a Dane myself, I gotta ask, why Hedeby? :3

Well I'm quite interested in the museum, the runestones and the Dannewerk ^^

Just been interested in Vikings a long time and Hedeby was a important city for the danish vikings and Varangians. Thus as a student of history I'd be interested in seeing the remains of the settlement I read so much about !

A good reason indeed! Luckily there's more artefacts than just from there. Most of our national museums have a section dedicated to the Viking era. Some including retirements of ships (the famous viking longboat included), weaponry and tools, or discovered burial grounds. Really interesting stuff if you're into that sort of thing x3

Well yeah, I was in many museums regarding that topic already, some of them are also at the german/danish border.

It's more than artifacts in Hedeby though, I heard there was a rebuilt village and all^^
It's not about just seeing the weapons, artifacts or ruins, it's about getting a grasp of their culture and an understanding about who those people where that had such an influence on the european world!

Also what is reconstructed today, like the songs and mythologie is realy fascinating, at least to me : D

Oh no worries, I get ya on that x3. I'm personally more interested in the culture and philosophy side of history, but I so get what you're saying here x3

Honestly, I haven't seen much of the world... but I think I'd like to at least see some of the wonders humanity has built x3

Archived