Minecraft

Alright, I decided to make a general thread for Minecraft discussion and happenings, seeing as one doesn't exist here yet. The idea stemmed moments after I posted a Status Update talking about the game and how it has recently made a big comeback. I figured as I get back into playing this game regularly, I'm going to end up talking about it more, so it might just be better to contain as much of it as I can into a single thread.

With that said, let's talk Minecraft!

I'm hoping to work on some building projects in Creative Mode over time, so, I might share some of those creations here whenever I get around to completing those!

• Community Administrator

I spoke briefly about this on your status, where I had an old Pixelmon server. Before that, my sister had a server set up with a very old version of the mod. I actually managed to find some pictures of it. But not very recent ones, of which I am rather disappointed by since I had made much more progress than the screenshots I have. I will share what I have, though.

For this build, I had an island. It was a fairly decently sized one and I had fully intended on populating the entire town with buildings. Most would be decorational, but some had an actual function. I tended to use the JohnSmith texture back, for a rather medieval feel to it.

Here is a rather long shot of the island, with some farms in the front and you can just about see a windmill in the background. You can also see on the right, the start of the gym I had build, as for this server I was going for a Normal type. I wanted to add a few towers to the gym, perhaps build it up higher to put more crowd seating so people could watch lol

2014-03-19_00.20.08.png

The next picture is a close up of the windmill area. I had built about four or five small houses, as that area was intended to be a proper farming area. The server host (my sister) gave us some sheep eggs, as wool was used a lot and it would have taken forever to farm Mareep for it (They rarely spawned. I had some additional Mareep caught, though, purely for that purpose). So I had done a nice large sheep pen, complete with flowers and their own little pond. Around the windmill area I had also done a large potato farm... the only problem being was that you couldn't really stop pokémon spawning and ruining all of your crops by jumping on them lol. I did end up doing a larger wheat farm, with an actual aquaduct system... but that was after these screenshots were taken. 

2014-03-19_00.23.03.png

The next shot is an image of the gym and Pokémon centre, from the beach. I had decided to have the Pokémon centre quite close to the gym so that once someone had used the gym, they could heal their pokémon quite quickly. As this was actually the very centre of the island, I had decided to make it into the town centre, where the Nether gate was going to be so allow other players to travel to the island through the nether. Otherwise it was a long swim, or flight, over the sea.

2014-03-19_00.30.09.png

The next two images are of inside the Pokémon centre. I wish I had a close up of the outside, because I was pretty proud of the building I had made. It was small, but very functional. I had enough room for a few healing machines, a PC, and a trading machine in the basement. Plus some extra beds for trainers to rest for the night, as that was pretty canon in the anime if I recall:

2014-03-19_00.25.41.png

2014-03-19_00.26.04.png

The next image is of the actual gym battle arena... it's not that obvious in the picture, but I had built it as an oval shape. The wooden slabs around the arena was seating, where people could sit and watch the match. I did a small stone outcropping for the challenger and gym leader (myself). You can tell it isn't complete, as there are torches pretty much all over the floor lol. And as I said, I had wanted to put some towers, just to give the building a little more depth, not to mention to make it into the largest and most grand building on the island.

2014-03-19_00.32.05.png

The pictures I don't have are of the harbour... which is a big shame since I was so damn proud of that. I had the main harbour building, which basically served like a reception for ships/cargo, etc. It was mainly decorational. I had also built a tavern in its basement, with a Potion of Strength as the main drink (I called it 'Neptune's Brew'), as Nether Fortress spawning was turned on, on this server. So I managed to get a lot of Blaze Rods to make the potions. 

It had a large dock that went out to sea and extended along the coastline of the coast that faced towards spawn (The 'starting village'). I had put lots of crates and other decorative items, including a large crane that, although only decorative, was intended on removing cargo from the ships. 

I had also done a few more houses on the island, but that was as far as I had gotten before the server was shut down. Which was a shame, honestly. 

Love how all of these buildings and structures are (or at least, seem to be based on the screenshots) just close enough to each other to be convenient to travel back-and-forth from, as well as looking really nice in pictures. It's kinda hard to find the words to describe it, but I feel like with nearly every large structure I have ever built in my Minecraft worlds, they seem to either be too close or too scattered apart from each other. x.x Like, I'll finish building whatever I'm building, but then I'll look at it from a distance and think to myself "I wish I had've built it a little closer/further from that other structure".

The world in this Pixelmon server looks really peaceful. ^-^ Building the arena and the Pokémon centre looks like it would have been fun. I personally feel like calculating the dimensions and design when building larger structures in a Minecraft world is half the fun.

My goal was to make it look spacious, but comfortable. It's a shame that I've completely lost any contact with that server. Not even saves were made of it. Otherwise I would be dying to finish off that island. So close, and yet so far, I guess xD I'm glad you liked what I was able to find. 

I do agree with you. Planning and calculating dimensions can be half the fun. Well, until you accidentally do it wrong and have to rebuild a bunch xD But then I go by the policy of "Measure twice, build once". 

One project I've always wanted to do, but never got around to doing is to build a large circular structure in the middle of the ocean. Build down to the ocean floor, making the structure out of glass, then build a functional base inside of it. It would be nice to have a view of the ocean while moving around my camp. And it would be especially nice, since I know they've done improvement to the oceans since I've last properly played it. I was also toying with the idea of doing a God-tree... I've always wanted to build one of those as well. And I would want to do it purely in survival mode

*edit*

Okay, I thought I would put up pictures of a bit of my latest project on my sister's server. I'm building a bit of a Dwarven style underground facility. This is the room where my Nether Portal is;

2019-11-04_19.19.07.jpg

This is a picture taken from the entrance. As you can see, I went for an almost church-style for it with the stone arches. The Portal is dead centre, and the area behind it was lit via lava.

2019-11-04_19.19.15.jpg

A close up of the portal and the lava flows. You can also see the circular design on the wall there. It has chiselled quartz inside.

2019-11-04_19.19.25.jpg

The entrance, although I have yet to do the small platform immediately coming into the room. This doorway design is used in several places in my build, although some have gold or emerald instead of redstone blocks. I picked redstone because it's red. That's the only reason xD I have yet to design the corridor. And don't mind those letters; I use a Minimap mod for waypoints.

2019-11-04_19.19.43.jpg

A closer look at the design of the doorway.

2019-11-04_19.20.40.jpg

A closer look at the arches and the roof at the very top. It took a very long time to dig out a room of this size.

2019-11-04_19.20.49.jpg

A look at the floor leading up to the portan. Again, I used lava not only because it is relevant, but because it's a good way of lighting up the room without putting down a load of torches. 

I am thinking that the two rooms that come off of the portal room is a library, where the enchanting table shall be, and a potion making lab. 

It took quite a while to build this room, mainly because I had to figure out what to use as the base material for the walls. Eventually, I went with End Stone, and I quite like the result. 

If I ever finish other rooms, I'll post them up there ^^

• 8 months later...

So i've always enjoyed minecraft and me and 2 friends made our own little server a while ago. We don't play on it anymore, but i still have a house on there which i have built completely in survival. I'm quite proud of it and i'd love to show it here. I've always enjoyed building a lot, doing it in survival just made it more of a challenge which added more fun to the game. I love adding tiny details, from little buttons that finish off the look to a tiny flower pot somewhere to add some extra color. This is a more medieval styled house. It is a bit thin but honestly it's big enough for me.

However

while writing this post i realized i actually don't know how to add pictures of my fancy house to this post. I have them saved on my PC but i noticed i can only insert images from URL and i have no idea how to get my pictures here.

The struggle is real.

23 hours ago, DozleZabie2 said:

i want to play pixlmon one day 

The original Pixelmon mod that I played is long gone. They had to stop development. However! There is a new one, Pixelmon Reforged and it's an awesome mod. Was looking into it the other day. Finally, Pokémon spawn in the Nether! xD

@FloofyPoof Upload the pictures to a personal album in the "Dreamers Album Category" then when you come to make a post, select "Insert existing attachment" and you should see images that you've uploaded to the gallery.

Thank you! I found it.

Okay so as i was saying, my pretty house which i'm rather proud of even though it's more of an old build. I've started by taking a few pictures of the outside of the house. I've added a tiny spaces for my donkey and horse, they're very important. I've made a little garden at the other side as well.

large.2020-04-26_14_05_23.png.9038912cdfd6df288759e60e10967c0b.pnglarge.2020-04-26_14_05_46.png.fcafa14446a18814fcab0220225d11a6.pnglarge.2020-04-26_14_06_27.png.64b3e29225c26cae6e8900b1f8d7af1a.pnglarge.2020-04-26_14_06_33.png.b89c1e162ce466fd5b3c483a305f03a3.png

I've got 3 rooms. The ground floor is for crafting and smelting, the first floor is for sleeping, then there's the basement with a lot of chests and a hidden room underneath it where i have my enchantment table, a nether portal and potions.

large.2020-04-26_14_06_41.png.247caa9b31690c929aaecb804aa22e94.pnglarge.2020-04-26_14_06_50.png.c7df459a34f951f06a8dbaaf45e36509.pnglarge.2020-04-26_14_06_58.png.faf7f6a926275810c0f36d887ee5c403.pnglarge.2020-04-26_14_07_18.png.27f49ab93ead071569cd8f0a03311ff7.pnglarge.2020-04-26_14_07_21.png.dedd8fc9b8dd9ef269a31ee022683496.png

I think there's about 5 cats in this house because for some reason i thought it would be funny to collect all cats.

I absolutely love it! It does look really pretty!

I had never thought to use item frames like that, that's interesting. 

I would update with progress on the vanilla base but I think I've lost the server that I was playing on, as I haven't played it for a little while.

I am doing a hardcore run and trying to see how long I last. The first two hours I have to start out on my own, but after that my challenge is complete and I can add whomever I want to the "server" (via LAN). Unfortunately OBS (The thing I am recording every second with) did not record any audio. So I had to start it all again. The positive side is that I have the seed number that I started with and started it again, this time it recorded audio and I completed the challenge again, but I still want to continue seeing how long I can last. I'm recording it all, with the aim of putting a second by second (Maybe sped up in some places, I dunno) playthrough up somewhere. 

But for the previous game (Which has no sound) this was one of the things that happened, that I posted on my status: 

I could take screenshots/pictures of it as it happens, or I could drop links to the videos in here if @Sunstone doesn't mind. I certainly need to build a list of things that I want to build and somewhat plan it out. I know I will need to do a strip mine, for example, and I might want to do a grand library. 🤔

Anyway it's good seeing people's builds here. I'm liking what I see. It's a shame. When it comes to building houses and shit, I am that guy who does block buildings. xD But if you want some resources gathered or some landscaping done, I'm there. I think it's why Neppy and I work very well together.

welcome to the ecchi empire ruled by @Temaelrin and @Neptune

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png @Sunstone

spacer.png   thats a fish tank i build in the place

spacer.png

spacer.png     @Elena Ichinomiya welcome to here sisde of the ecchi empire and where i put the end of my crusades

spacer.png @Peculiaritree cant have a ecchi empire with out are holy tree 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Well uhh... here's a highlight from the last time I played Minecraft with my IRL friend. xD We were just wondering around aimlessly trying to find all the treasure and complete all of our treasure maps, and then we were on the edge of fighting each other over nothing and I was losing it laughing. Yes, that's my real voice. And yes, I sound like a dork. >w<

Archived