Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
SataiRolePlayingGuy

Setting/Story/Tone Thoughts

SataiRolePlayingGuy

I don't really have much pre-planned here beyond the setup.  Even in the old version of the story, we were taking our time.  Mostly establishing new characters and the current state of the setting, did not get much into the actual war.

It is likely going to be on the darker side though.  It is unlikely there will be a true happy ending.  The end result might make some characters happy, but certainly not everyone.  A true return to how things used to be is almost certainly impossible.  Too much blood has already been shed.  That was part of the whole original inspiration though.  To examine a Ryoko that had crossed lines that could not be returned from.  Certain characters might be able to forgive her or even support her to some degree (Washu being the most obvious example), but many others will not.  She might even feel some genuine regret for things she did in a moment of rage, but understands there is no way to fix it now.  I won't say it is absolutely 100% impossible for her to reconcile with the entire old cast, but it would take some rather special circumstances, which are rather unlikely to happen.

A family/next generation aspect was something else I had felt would be an interesting idea.  The profiles I posted include a daughter of Ryoko and the girl's father.  I would prefer to keep the daughter, as that was one of the more enjoyable things I found about writing the old version.  The father could theoretically replaced though, if someone else wanted to play him.  Whether it is him, or someone else, they have a rather complicated relationship.  Ryoko is the dominant one, they remain physically intimate, but while there is not real love there is a need on Ryoko's part to have a man around.  To slightly reduce the pain of what had happened and not feel too lonely.  The mother/daughter relationship has its owns complications as well.  Other characters could have children too, but they would generally be less developed (unless we decide to alter the amount of time that has passed since the series, which I am willing to consider).

SataiRolePlayingGuy

I figured I should clarify some of the timing as well.  Like I said in the intro (and you know if you have been a fan of the series as long as me) it was 13 episodes for a long time, with more added later (more were added in the middle of playing it the first time, which was an interesting experience).  I figure the marriage that causes everything else to happen was after episode 13 but before the more recent episodes.  Characters introduced in the later episodes can still be included but they would have a different introduction to the story (which could be before or after we start).