Titan vs. Haven (Titan01 x IsabellaRose)

"I gave you my word that I wouldn't try to escape," Haven says, still following him. "Just because you're untrustworthy doesn't mean everyone else is, too."

She is liking this villain less and less as time goes on. I can't wait until my team comes to rescue me, she thinks.

• Like 1

"Well, on our distaste for liars, we are agreed," says Haven. She isn't sure what to make of him. An honest mass murderer? I guess there are stranger dichotomies within the human psyche, she thought to herself as she continued following him for what seemed an interminable amount of time.

"You enjoy shattering hope? Without hope, what is there to live for?" She was about to try to engage him in debate, but then thought better of it. Rather, she would poke at his ego, see what made him tick. 

"What drives you then, Titan, if not hope? Hope that you may bring whatever evil pan you have concocted to fruition?"

• Like 1

"That's exactly why I like it. If I snuff out that bright flame in someone's heart than it makes it easier to make them do what I want. As for what drives me; I want to destroy everything and everyone. When I was a younger man I might have said "i want rule the world but only fools want that""

He turns back around and steps away from her

"After all the world deserves it"

Edited by Titan01

Haven shudders involuntarily. This was the kind of villain she couldn't understand. He wanted to destroy just for the sake of destroying. She could understand someone who felt they had been wrong seeking vengeance. She could understand jealousy, desire for money or love, or a million other motivators. Even heroes felt these negative emotions at times, but to have a villain who felt nothing but a lust for destruction was not something she could wrap her head around.

"You want nothing but to destroy?" Haven asked Titan. "There's nothing that moves you, nothing that makes you feel anything other than the need to lay waste to everything and everyone you see? Then why take me prisoner? Why not just kill me and my team when you had the chance?"

• Like 1

Haven wondered what fate would befall her at Titan's hands. She watched him as he strode confidently ahead of her, certain that she would follow, showing no fear of reprisal from her or her teammates. 

"What's your game, Titan?" Sooner or later, if she asked enough questions, she'd get him to tell her something useful. "You can't consider me useful to whatever plan you have. You obviously don't need a hostage. Why did you take me prisoner? There's no possible benefit in it for you."

• Like 1

Haven walks silently, her mouth open, but saying nothing. Did he just call me hot? What in the world is his plan? Does he think this is some kind of date?

She continued following him, wondering when they would reach their destination, but thankful for the walk to distract her from her unending confusion of this entire situation.

"There's not much to tell. You said it already: I'm the newest member of the League. I had to train and stay on monitor duty for three months before they let me on patrol even once, and then they still wouldn't let me respond to our first two emergency calls."

Haven follows him down onto the next platform, then continues.

"Did you know we don't even get to pick out our moniker?" She waits for a reaction, but when she gets none, she continues. "Yeah, some marketing types come up with ideas, run them past the rest of the League, and they pick the one they like best."

She shakes her head, remembering her frustration. "My options were: Safeguard, The Ivory Guardian, Shield Maiden, Bastion, Barrier, and Haven. Can you believe it? I should habe quit right there." Haven is talking more than she should, but continues, unthinking. 

"I wanted to be called Aegis, you know, from Greek mythology? Shield of Zeus, used by Athena? That would have been badass." She's talking softer now, but continues. "But, no. The marketing guys said it wasn't relevant, had no recognition. Instead they came up with Shield Maiden? Really?"

Haven stops. I was on my way to the kitchen and I overheard them discussing my name. I shouldn't have, but I eavesdropped. I wanted to know what they were going to call me. They had it down to Shield Maiden and Haven. Do you know why they chose Haven? Do you?" She sounded upset now, angry, even.

"Pistolero, remember him? The guy with the suit of armor covered in guns? He said he'd like to place his pistolero in the haven of my bosom." Her face was serious. "They all laughed. And the next day, that's my name. Haven. And when they gave me my suit and name, there was Pistolero, winking and grinning at me."

She shakes her head again, then sighs and looks up at Titan. "Probably not the kind of thing you wanted to know, was it?"

Edited by IsabellaRose
  • Like 1

"I think I might have killed him, I cant remember really after a while you stop counting and seeing  their faces. Of course some still stick with you no matter how much you want to forget."

He stops and turns to her

"You can kinda see why I hate heros though right? To most of them it's just a game or they think they can get away with anything. You remember Atlas right? Real tall buff guy thought he was Gods gift to earth?"

Haven remembered Atlas. The people loved him, with that cape and those muscles, the disarming smile and the way he did that loop right before he swooped in for a landing. He had been one of the most popular heroes in the world. He had also been a misogynistic asshat. 

She nodded. "Yes, I remember Atlas." He had propositioned her in the rudest manner possible. After she shot him down he laughed. Then, two weeks later, he propositioned her again, as if they'd never met before. When she reminded him of her first response, he just laughed. Not only had he been he a sexist pig, he was also a complete idiot.

• Like 1

"You know how he disappeared?"

He stops walking entirely

"Well I had caught him trying to force himself on some poor girl who couldn't have been more that 15. I liquified every single organ in his body. He may have been invulnerable on the outside but he wasnt on the inside"

He looks off into the distance

"I may be a bad guy but some of you heros are worse than me"

• Like 1

Haven can't argue with him about that. She had felt actual fright when Atlas had come on to her; he was so much more powerful, how could she say no? But he had been in a public location at the time, and social pressure kept him from behaving too badly. She wasn't sure if what Titan said about him was true or not, but it fit with what she knew of the man.

She stares blankly forward as they walk. There isn't much more she can say on the topic. She already said too much, and if what Titan said was true, now she knew too much as well.

• Like 1

Haven looked at the farmhouse. It was so... ordinary. Was this his home? Why had he selected such a normal looking location.

"Here?" she asked, sounding surprised. "Aren't you supposed to have a cave hidden behind a waterfall, or a secret base inside a volcano or something?"

• Like 1

It was his family home? He must not have much family left, or they didn't care that he's a major super villain. 

"It's not what I expected," admitted Haven. "Do you have any livestock or crops or anything?" She wasn't going to admit that she had grown up on a farm in a house very much like this one. Her family farm had been a working farm, with livestock, fields filled with hay for the cows, and a huge garden where her grandfather had planted the vegetables that fed their family throughout most of the year.

• Like 1

Haven is surprised by the revelation that this villain who only wants to cause suffering and destruction could have a farm and care for animals. His upbringing couldn't have been much different from her own, and yet... they turned out so different. Or did they? He hadn't killed Ironside, Monsoon, or Wildfire. He had liquefied Atlas' innards, but Atlas had been morally bankrupt at best.  What was his game? She remembered a line from an old book... or was it a movie?

Everyone thinks they're the hero of their own story, even the bad guys.

That's probably who Titan is - the hero of whatever story made him out as the victim. It made sense. So the question was, who was his antagonist? What did he perceive as evil? What did he need to stop to achieve his actual goal? What did he want?

And who was Billy? A brother? Boyfriend? Pet goat? She will only find out if she asks.

"Who's Billy?" she asks.

• Like 1