General Setting Detail

I figured I would spend some more time elaborating on the basics of how things work beyond what the club description covered.  I am also putting together a blank character profile that may be posted soon after I finish this.

It is a setting that has a lot of flexibility.  You can have a fairly normal story with just more sex or it can get rather crazy.  The tone can vary from light to rather dark.  I'm going to focus on specific aspects here one at a time.  More may be added later, I am just starting with what immediately comes to mind.

How visible it all is: For the modern world setting, on the surface it is identical to ours, people a lot more casual and open minded about sex.  Not to the point that people are just doing it publicly on a whim (for the most part, there are exhibitionists who would do this).  There is just a lot less reluctance to do it, including casually.  The more severe/extreme stuff is more discrete.  People know it happens but as long as they don't directly see it the most they will do is gossip behind the backs of someone that they believe is involved with this stuff.  Some example of stuff that would fall under this would include incest, women being broken/trained or involved in the cults.  There are likely other things too.

Human/Non-human sex: This is much more common in the fantasy/sci-fi worlds and even done openly there in some cases (depending on what the non-human partner is and the circumstances bringing them together).  In the modern world this would be limited to demons/tentacle monsters and perhaps animals in general.  Demons are not naturally part of the world and need to be summoned as part of cult activity, usually only briefly.  Tentacle monsters are part of the world but are rare and often hidden in places people rarely go, though they are attracted to human females.  The women tend to avoid them, with varying results, some remain disgusted by it and embarrassed while others enjoy it and may even go looking for them to repeat the process.  I would prefer the majority of characters being human, but in the fantasy/sci-fi worlds there could be non-human (in the modern they are more likely to be ‘NPC’s/minor characters).

Incest: It happens, in every variety you can think of – father/daughter, mother/son, brother/sister, mother/daughter, sister/sister, father/son, brother/brother (I don’t play MxM, but others are free to if they want).  Sometimes it is a mutual attraction and sometimes it is one sided (in which case the other may or may not ‘learn’ to enjoy it).  It is usually only one pair in a family, though occasionally it is more widespread.  They always try to keep the sex itself completely secret both from the rest of the family and from others (and usually succeed outside of the rare occasion of someone walking in on them).  When they are out in public some are better at hiding the ‘relationship’ than others.  Larger society is still disgusted by the idea but it is usually only social consequences for being suspected or even caught being involved in such things.  Even if they have children (which the MxF pairings often, but don’t always, do) there is not likely to be any consequence beyond shunning from those around them.  Due to the secrecy of it, people know it happens, but while it is still very rare it is also more common than most people suspect.  In the fantasy world it may occasionally be done openly by royalty/nobility with more acceptance from their subjects.

Strength of Relationships:  Considering the nature of the setting, it is probably no surprise that affairs are much more common.  There are some men and women who still take it seriously enough that it would take extreme circumstances to make them even consider it but there are many others who will either give in to temptation/another’s advances relatively easily or with only moderate pressure and once the line is crossed many of them enjoy it too much to even want to stop (they may or may not feel guilt about it).

Magic: This is primarily related to the fantasy world.  There is all sorts of magic there, but there are a number of uses relevant to the sorts of stories here – love spells (more often lust, but actual love spells are likely possible too), mind control, changing your body (including potentially gender switching or other appearance modification) and/or their body, body switching, illusions among others.  The majority of people don’t have to worry about being influenced by these.  Magic can only be used by those born with the talent and then they need to be trained in these specific uses.  It is something people know can happen but only a small number of people actually experience it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, LucidREM said:

I'd be down for this .

Well this is the basic information, stuff I thought would apply to all stories (sometimes directly, sometimes in the background) to varying degrees, more specific story ideas are in the other topic.

I suspect you would not be interested in mine, after looking at your preference sheet, but there are a few others there too and you can suggest your own ideas as well.

• Love 1

• 3 years later...

Modern and fantasy are a bit self-explanatory in regards to the kinds of content you can expect, but did you have anything in mind for sci-fi to be consistent? Or is that generally up to the players to explore and decide on their own since it's open-ended? So you can have some players with characters in space, others in a post-apocalypse, and others in cyberpunk?

I've been pretty loose on these details in my own stories.  This was an old idea to give the club a personal touch, make it a little different from something like a small-scale Public RP.  The different RPs aren't not even necessarily in the same setting.  Though with fantasy, I would not mind if other people put it in the same world as the angel/slave stories I currently have going.

Sci-fi could certainly include all of that, with some sort of multi-world setting that could have all of that mixed in in various places.  Probably a mix a human/alien empires, with a mix of worlds that were isolated from the larger universe for one reason or another.

• Like 1

Basically, it would mean that anything is possible and available OR almost. I have been looking at this club for a while now and even thought about participating but only two users really were active unfortunately. An angel character could be kinda fun too. It's the only character kind I still have not added to my team, yet. I will have to do this very soon enough. :3

Jae should be back eventually as a third, though no idea when.

But yeah, it is rather open.  A number of other people have requested ideas too, in the request topic though they never found a partner, and I was trying to let others pick up many of them.  There is a chance I could pick up one or two other RPs eventually, but looking forward to others getting something going.

• Love 1

Essentially if anyone wants to use the specific fantasy setting me and Allie have been working on, I can give advice on the specific setting (though it is somewhat being developed as we write), but otherwise I will be rather hands off with any story I’m not playing in.  With your own settings, it’s pretty much anything goes.  May or may not eventually develop a similar sci-if setting that could optionally be used.

I would sure love to join if someone wanted to start roleplaying something. The lore seems pretty grand so I would not know where to start by myself, as I do not want to assume what they are. Still, this club and the other one both look pretty interesting in this regard. Hentai world seems pretty open on decisions so that part sounds pretty good, at least.

It’s developed in some areas not in others.  Not sure how much of them you have read, but mostly focused on one region.  The stories there so far focus on the Empire of Vanoria and its immediate neighbors.  Something somewhat comparable in size and strength to the Roman Empire before its decline.  Get very far from there and I have not put much thought into the setting.  Though one or both of the existing stories will likely eventually explore some of the wider world.  Things like other continents are at this point much more open.  Angels have the possibility of exploring the supernatural side of the world too.  There is a wide pantheon of gods and there servants, but has only been explored a little so far.

I’m willing to help others setup a story there, or possibly start something else with someone else.  Will see if there is any wider interest there.  The Angel story will eventually have a larger impact on the setting.  The slave story, small scale more focused on the life of slaves.  Other stories could happen in the empire, or somewhere else.

This is nice. I probably would not make an angel if that puts more complicated. I use different kind of characters so to speak but if those are not accepted, I also have perfectly fine humans as well. I'm here out of curiosity and looking for roleplay but also willing to integrate the world set by the club and everything. I have a few roleplays going on but joining one would be nice.

14 hours ago, Goddess Aurora said:

This is nice. I probably would not make an angel if that puts more complicated. I use different kind of characters so to speak but if those are not accepted, I also have perfectly fine humans as well. I'm here out of curiosity and looking for roleplay but also willing to integrate the world set by the club and everything. I have a few roleplays going on but joining one would be nice.

You could do a human, or something else.  Something like that elf, Foless, you recently posted for example, could probably be made to fit.  All the traditional fantasy races have their place in the setting.  Both in their own independent cultures, as well as conquered peoples (some slave, some not) in Vanoria.  Elves were going to be brought into the story eventually, though their culture(s) had not really been considered yet.

6 hours ago, SataiRolePlayingGuy said:

You could do a human, or something else.  Something like that elf, Foless, you recently posted for example, could probably be made to fit.  All the traditional fantasy races have their place in the setting.  Both in their own independent cultures, as well as conquered peoples (some slave, some not) in Vanoria.  Elves were going to be brought into the story eventually, though their culture(s) had not really been considered yet.

I'm glad you liked Foless but unfortunately, she is for the time being reserved for another roleplay. Hence her sudden appearance. I will keep elves in mind, however. Although, I would probably find strange to be the first elf in the story if they were not brought yet. I am still watching for now, looking for an opening for any idea or anything. Just in case I find an idea for joining. 🙂

The current stories are now on pause for a while.  Me and Allie have a bunch of RPs and they are on a cycle, doing them one at time (including a few private ones) for a week at a time, now the slave week just ended.  So it will be some weeks before either of those move again.  They are both going to be fairly slow moving because of that.  Another one could get started before we get back to either of those.

• Like 1