I guess it's just... manners above everything...

After finishing up my profile completely, I was unsure of what to do first, to be honest, because I'm super shy and scared, but then I thought that the first logical thing to do could just have been presenting myself, this time not as the character I would like to be, but as the person I actually am... mostly.

The first thing I'm actually a bit scared of is the fact that English is humbly not my mother language, thanks to a friend's recommendation  I'm using Grammarly with Chrome as long it's a post where there's no rush, nobody's waiting for me. I have problems with adjectives and details, I know some common extra words but not the most refined ones, which I'm displeased about because to me, pleasing is more important than being pleased. I apologize in advance if it will ever happen that I do not write as you were hoping for...

My second issue is mostly about personality. I'm really super shy, always unsure about texting mostly the opposite sex to start a conversation and not a crowd guy either. 
One of the few things I think I might be a bit proud of is the fact that I'm a caring person, willing to listen and make vent someone that made me feel good or was kind/nice to me. I don't mind if someone might get attached to me, I like it... instead I'm unsure about telling the other person, I hate to be annoying, oppressive or whatever, but some people are nice, they don't tell but still hide it to you, wish I would rather know.

I came here because from the outside the place looked really detailed and ordinated, not to mention, safe and comfortable.
Once entered, from the few days I am inside, it seems even better, tho I'm surely gonna be my own problem since I'm paranoid about people either liking or not the shy nice guy.
I however still thank those who greeted me and helped me getting in, I had a few problems from the very start.

EXTRA: the character I presented myself with comes from the game Vindictus, a game I don't play usually that much anymore but I always love to log in even only to walk around.
As much I love the fantasy world, I don't mind the current era either, just, he really looks like how I want to look like.

I think that's all about me, I apologize for the long text but this is gonna be the only and most probably most honest description about how I am, for more pieces of information feel free to ask me directly.

Thank you again deep bow spacer.png

Oh, its good to know I am not alone in this english learning trip. Actually I am a good reader and listener, but when it comes to speaking or writing? I am a retarded parrot. 

This is my first post...I came here to write my own "Hello" and got here to have an example. Shyness is a commom problem for me, but it naturally tears appart when I become more and more comfortable with someone. In fact I think every shy person is at some level like this. 

Welcome, Friend, aaaand...Nice Story in the preference card. Really liked it.

Well hello there Nnyte! Welcome to EcchiDreams, I'm really glad to hear that you have taken a liking to our community! 

It's also nice to see an introduction post from you, I understand that introducing yourself to a new community, or even just our community, can be intimidating. I can assure you though, as someone who has been here for nearly three years, that we're pretty chill and eager to offer help, Roleplays, or even just someone to chat to whenever you need it. If you need assistance with anything or help with getting started with Roleplaying, you can message a staff member any time; our names are in
purple, and a whole list of us can be found here. We won't bite! xP

In regard to the first point you mentioned about English not being your Mother language, I think as long as we can understand you, everything should be okay! I think you'll be fine. 🙂

We hope you'll stay and have sweet Dreams here in our little corner of the internet. 😊 Happy Dreaming~!

To be honest, I've started being idle on the activity page a couple of days, just to see how things are developing around, and, without noticing, the site's always open in the background for me, makes me feel cozy... for now ///
I'm a really bad conversation starter, but once I get in the mood I try my best to be of entertainment...
Anyway I'm n for both chatting and... ummm '>///>  I'm not lewd I swear!

• Community Administrator

Hello there Nnyte, and warm welcomes to EcchiDreams. 

Your English is coming through absolutely fine, better than a lot of native speakers, honestly. So it seems like a very good combination that you're using. There's also no need to apologise for a long opening, that's absolutely fine. 🙂 I hope you settle in okay and become a regular, and I look forward to seeing you around. I'm not sure about safe, but we do have a pretty liberal (Classical Liberal) view on free speech, as long as it's not threatening or advocating illegal activities that infringe on the rights of others, it's pretty much allowed here, and yet despite this, most of the time people choose to be very friendly. Which says a lot about the awesome people in this awesome community.

Our site can be a little daunting to those who are new so I want you to be aware that our community is usually willing to help with any problems or questions you may have. The staff are also just as willing to help if you should need it (You can find us easily as we all have Purple names), although that said the community is full of epic dreamers who are more than happy to help out new people as well, which is part of what makes EcchiDreams as awesome as it is. There are a few things you can do to improve your chances of finding someone to roleplay with, and whilst I'm sure you'll be fine, I've got a quick start guide for you here:

• Complete your profile.
  • Fill out a Roleplayer Preferences form; to let others know what your preferences are.
    • If you're into private roleplaying (Not publicly on the forums, but on EcchiChat (The chatbar) or by EcchiTexts, then consider letting people know. You can also use that link to find roleplayers that you might want to roleplay with.
    • Remember; if you post around on the forums, say play in forum games and what have you, consider putting a link to your preferences in your signature for maximum exposure. 
  • To be in control of your account, consider taking a look at our Account Control Guides.
  • If you're stuck for what the roleplay options are, and/or how to get started take a look at our Roleplaying Guides.
  • If you want to know more about your profile options there are also a few guides here.
  • If you have any ideas on how we can improve our site we're very happy to hear them, drop us a suggestion

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate in asking. We're happy to help. You may have already done most of these things, but I just copy and paste this last bit on all of my welcomes.

• 4 months later...

Archived